[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making own imageboard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 4Ysr5pb.jpg (42KB, 605x454px) Image search: [Google]
4Ysr5pb.jpg
42KB, 605x454px
Hey /g/, I know most people hate webdev here but I've realised that back end development might be quite fun. It's like programming but what you make can be put up on a website that everyone can access and interact with rather than staying as some executable that a single person has to download and run.

With that in mind, does anyone know of some good books / tutorials to help me make a simple forum / imageboard? I don't really care about security or account management etc, just want to make a simple website with a database that people can input text and upload images and then they're displayed in a thread.
>>
>>58251787
just google some shit faggots its easy af
>>
>>58251787
>>>/wdg/
>>
File: 1482527005813.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482527005813.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>i don't really care about security
wew
>>
>>58251965
I meant because I'm only going to be messing around with it on a local machine. I don't want to spend half my time implementing security measures when it's not even going to be deployed online.
>>
>>58252035
It's still retarded anon. Security is part of learning how to design software.
>>
>>58252035
What good is it to learn to half-ass things?
>>
>>58252046
>>58252093
Well, alright, good security or not I'm still interested.

If you've got anything that could point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it.
>>
File: 1477780093049.jpg (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1477780093049.jpg
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>58251787
>>
>>58252949
based
>>58251787
Just use one of the 500 imageboards out there or just download vichan
>>
>Get a cloudatcost server
>Instal foolfuka or whatever
>Profit
>>
>>58251787
>It's like programming but what you make can be put up on a website that everyone can access and interact with rather than staying as some executable that a single person has to download and run.
thats the exact reason I found to like it. Having something programmed in python doesn't really do anything, because sharing it is difficult.
>>
File: 1479986805441.gif (166KB, 329x353px) Image search: [Google]
1479986805441.gif
166KB, 329x353px
>>58252298
1. Pick a framework (Flask, Rails, Django, etc.)
2. Look up some basic introductory docs/tutorials for using that framework
3. Make something really simple first, to learn the basics of building web apps. Maybe look up a guide for making a simple CRUD app or something
4. After you've made something small and feel comfortable with the basic stuff, branch out and create an imageboard from there

The framework will offload most of the security stuff for you, so you don't have to worry about protecting against common attack vectors like XSS and SQL injection, but it's worth looking into because you WILL get pwned if you ever deploy a website with gaping security holes

You don't need to know much to create a basic bitch imageboard, just how to handle GET/POST requests, how to handle file uploads and how to create, search and delete database records, all of this stuff can be learned in a few hours

later on you can learn about cookies and session handling by adding an admin panel to your board or something
>>
>>58254535
>sharing it is difficult.

eh?
The fuck do you mean?

Try this:
>program something that isn't utter thrash
>put it up on github
>tell people it's there
>>
>>58254765
Thanks anon, sounds like good advice.

What's the advantage of going with a framework for something like this rather than just using php though?
>>
>>58257114
Because php is deprecated.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.