[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I give up, /g/. What's wrong with it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: viv_icon.png (3MB, 3072x3072px) Image search: [Google]
viv_icon.png
3MB, 3072x3072px
I give up, /g/. What's wrong with it?
>>
>>58251573
they use blink just like any other ripoff from chromium
>cancer
>>
>>58251763

"The browser is aimed at staunch technologists, heavy Internet users, and previous Opera web browser users disgruntled by Opera's transition from the Presto layout engine to the Blink layout engine, which removed many popular features in the process.[6][8] Vivaldi aims to revive the old, popular features of Opera 12 and introduce new, more innovative features.[9] The browser is updated weekly, in the form of "Snapshots", and has gained popularity since the launch of its first technical preview.[10]"

So.... there is no problem?
>>
>>58251573

don't know if this is linux problem only, but really bad flicker issues if you have intel integrated graphics

i tried the browser, the flicker could be fixed if you "run in native window" or if you run it with gpu vsync disabled (which requires special commands in terminal or special launcher) to fix the flicker. I prefer to 1 click my browser from panel, not use custom launcher. Yeah, firefox has to run in ugly gtk window as well (just) but that's pretty much the only reason I've looked at other browsers.

Chromium runs in its own window fine, Vivaldi devs need to fix this shit asap. Lots of people use intel integrated graphics

also came bundled with 100 bookmarks i didn't make, including bullshit like Reddit and Huffington post

Honestly, my feeling is that it's a great new browser but just needs to work out kinks. Things like the bookmarks are minor annoyances, but the flickering I got on certain pages was a dealbreaker

I think on a machine it's compatible with it could be a contender. I at least appreciate that they have TRIED to make their browser as good in GTK environments as in mac or windows. Neither Firefox or Opera devs give a fuck
>>
>>58251573
>What's wrong with it?
It's not Firefox.
>>
>>58251573
Their only problem is they don't set background color to black in renderer and as webkit default
Fixes the white flash problem when opening new tab but also makes chrome:// pages black backgrounded. Fuck white themes and too lazy to compile myself.
>>
>>58251573
They ripped off the name of blizzards old publishers name. If they're too lazy to think of a name, then they're too lazy to develop a decent browser.
>>
Videos constantly desync from their audio and it takes far too long to separate a tab into a new window.
>>
I am not sure, it LOOKS great, but I had several small annoyances about how it functioned so I just removed it.

For example if I open a new tab in Vivaldi then it takes like 30 seconds or something before it actually opens. When it opens it is super fast, but it always takes ages to open a new tab.

I will likely come back to it in a while when it's more mature.
>>
>>58255220
That was Vivendi.
>>
>>58251573
nothing, it's almost perfect, it just lacks some sort of syncing to use in different computers.
>but it's not open source
literally who cares if you're not a commie
>>
>chromium based
>no sync
>terrible touchscreen support
>limited UI customization
>addressbar is a mess

Nothing that can be done about chromium, but at least the other issues can be solved.
>>
>>58251573
Just another Chromium skin, what's the point?
>>
Not Opera 12
Also, taking too long adding sugar and sprinkles (Hue integration mfw) instead of RSS Reader/Mail Client.
>>
>>58255191
Not even Firefox is Firefox anymore.
>>
>>58257170
Seamonkey is tho
>>
Not open source, is likely sending back your data to the company. It's bad on principle, why implement it in practice?
>>
>>58257185
Maybe I just got too comfy but I don't like the Firefox v2's look and feel. SeaMonkey packs a lot of things I have no use for and lacks too many features I grew fond of in FF v3, v4 and later. Add-on bar and tab bar context menu items to name a couple. These are deal breakers for me.
>>
>>58256715
>No sync.
>Implying you use the browser on more than one device

Go away man, you say this literally every time someone talks about Vivaldi. No one cares about sync but you.
>>
>>58257242
It's still possible to comf it up providing you have a taste for grey and "retro". Main reason I'm using it over FF is right now Seamonkey is version 2.46 and works fine meanwhile the Fox is probably at version 556.28 by now.
>>
kc3 kai don't work on it.
>>
>>58257170
>Not even Firefox is Firefox anymore.
Aurora works fine for me.
>>
>>58257192
https://vivaldi.com/source/?lang=en_US
>>
>>58257304
Not that guy but sync would be a nice feature to have.

It's the only reason why I still have firefox installed, so I can view my bookmarks on my phone when I can't get to my computer.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.