[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just installing this on laptop Though?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161230_190901.jpg (80KB, 1269x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161230_190901.jpg
80KB, 1269x810px
Just installing this on laptop

Though?
>>
Tried installing it once, with dual boot. It destroyed my windows partition so I just installed something else.
>>
>>58249847
The partitioner can be a bitch
Don't be an idiot like >>58249880. After it's pretty good
>>
I like it. My father has it on a machine in his garage since he hates rebooting for some reason. I think he is butthurt from yesteryear continuous reboots.
>>
>>58249847
It has a nice control center with some good graphical tools but the configuration files are a little different from most distros
>>
>>58249935
Yeah I was confused when trying to set up encryption
>>
>>58249847
Eurofags like it for some reason.
>>
>>58249847
Yast gave me cancer.
>>
>>58249847
SuSE doesn't do anything noteworthy

It's the other "enterprise" Linux OS, Redhat is the big player.

If you want to distrohop, Fedora's a better desktop experience anyway
>>
>>58251079
SuSE does KDE right.

If you're going to use KDE, best option is OpenSuSE (or Debian).
>>
Been using it on a laptop for a while now. It's great.

People keep saying Ubuntu is the most "just werks" distro but openSUSE has posed fewer problems for me on a day-to-day basis so far. And I run fucking Tumbleweed.
>>
>>58251353
Right... I installed tumbleweed incredibly recently to try it out (week and a half ago), and updated the system before installing something, and then later rebooted the system, only to discover I couldn't login through GDM. typing password and pressing enter would just clear the field, and incorrect password attempts would still show as such, so in just one update after installing, i couldn't login to my system. Gonna try installing again, but i'm now quite sketchy. Im pretty sure it was version 20161226 that i updated to that broke the system
>>
>>58251211

actually, openSUSE KDE performs worse than Kubuntu, Antergos KDE, Manjaro KDE and KDE Neon

it's basically the worst possible distro to run KDE on, you dick nigger faggot fuck
>>
File: Download.png (6KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
Download.png
6KB, 265x190px
>>58249847
Tough.
>>
>>58253636
sauce?
>>
>>58253266
>gnome on opensuse
are you retarded?
>>
>>58253686
some memory usage thing that was posted earlier today on this board
>>
>>58253883
So no proof? Guess we'll just have to take your word for it.
>>
>>58249847
YaST with Broadcom wireless drivers was a pain in the ass, but anything involving Broadcom is shit so I think it's pretty okay.
>>
>>58253686
>>58255331

info is a little backwards but this is the post that shows RAM use of a few different DE's and distros >>58250737

openSUSE with KDE in 14th out of 20, 20 being the worst obv
>>
Like the aesthetic, at least

Takes some effort to get games going on Steam, but a lot of games on there require tooling on Windows anyway.
>>
>>58250737
Happy to see Debian at the top, yet again.

However, 600Mb is not that much RAM especially when most laptops have 4Gb+ and desktops 8Gb+. RAM usage is hardly the most important metric when determining 'the best KDE distro'. Furthermore, the high RAM usage in OpenSuSE might not be just because of KDE.

Your picture proves nothing. By the way, I run Debian and I use awesomewm on my desktop, and XFCE on my laptop.
>>
>>58255505
i know, just stirring the shit and keeping people on their toes
>>
>>58249847
Probably the best distro for non autists anon. It can do anything other distros can do and includes yast for those who don't want to fuck around on the terminal fixing broken shit for hours on end. Its been solid since leap desu. Before leap it was hit and miss.

>>58250687
autist detected

>>58251079
>fedora a gnome3 distro
>better desktop experience

Get the fuck out. Also the "spins" are worthless, KDE on fedora is horrifically bad.

>>58251211
this

>>58253636
>desktop environment
>performs worse

This is the type of autist I mean, they actually measure the performance of their fucking DE instead of just using it.
>>
>>58253636
Don't know about the others, but Kubuntu is worse.
I like Zypper more than Apt, so if OP is not deb-oriented he can give it a try.
t. Lizard-user
>>
>>58249847
Underrated
>>
>>58255456
>limited number of distros
>limited number of distro-DE combinations
It's obvious XFCE and LXDE would be at the top, why not compare distributions by DE individually? Anyone know the source?
>>
Depreciated.

I learned to use it, most useless experience I've ever gotten.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.