[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can Internet movie and music piracy ever be justified?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: img492.jpg (53KB, 650x397px) Image search: [Google]
img492.jpg
53KB, 650x397px
For most of human history, people didn't require Hollywood to entertain them. They managed to entertain themselves and they somehow survived.

I can sympathize with people who struggle to afford food, clothing and shelter. But entertainment? Learn to play a damn guitar and entertain yourself. Entertain others!

What's happened to the human race, being brainwashed by corporations to passively expect to be entertained by them, like a bunch of infants. The best thing people could do is to stop consuming corporate entertainment altogether. Don't buy it, don't pirate it, don't consume it.
>>
>>58249034
Social pressure. "Pressure" may be too strong of a word, even; just fitting in.
What do normies talk about when they meet each other? You try to find some common ground, and the easiest way to do that is go for music/films/vidya you like. Go without consuming media and people will think you live under a rock.
>>
>>58249034
Well said anon, the only "corporate entertainment" I really consume is games, and I usually only play chilled out multiplayer games where you make your own fun or the fun comes from messing about with your friends / other people.

I don't understand how people can just sit watching films or TV all day.

I then never have much to talk about with other people because I haven't seen exactly what they've seen, I've made my own fun.

I feel like even spending multiple hours on this board shitposting is benefiting my brain more than binge watching shows. At least I'm actually actively doing something.
>>
>>58249034
Yes, the day we will finally focus on patents about science and not "muh copyright musikk :(((" we will finally live on a society with no more copyright notices trying to fuck your ass wider than a Hidamari sketch girl after some BJ with a big dick.

But hey, it's very unlikely that this could happen because we're still indoctrinating faggots into music and art, thus making it harder to get away from this shit called MPAA, RIAA, etc.
>>
>>58249034
What is "corporate entertainment"?
>>
Stop blaming people for the shallow whore-ness of the entertainment industry. People always had sports and plays and shit like that, you don't know how people lived millions of years ago and implying that our desire for entertainment is the result of brainwashing is retarded. We work and then we like something fun to do/watch/listen

Back then entertainment could have been exploring the unknown, it could have been staring at the sky, who knows. Are you gonna say we should do away with shows like westworld and breaking bad because some people are shitty and depend on Netflix?

And fuck off with your "that show you mentioned is terrible" shitposting, idgaf about your dumb uninteresting contrarian opinions.
>>
>>58249034
I'm 30 and I have never paid for music. Never will.
>>
Can you ever justify using force to prevent people acting in a way that does no direct harm to others?
>>
>>58249910
I support artists in ways that give more money to the artist themselves, like swag or concert tickets.

I've never bought digital music. I have bought physical movement (which is fair) but only either used or special editions (like vinyl)
>>
>>58249172
Your mind is shaped by your thoughts
>>
>>58249034
two words.
penetrant commercials. it's the RL ublock origin.
>>
File: waifus gonna tell you how it is.jpg (25KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
waifus gonna tell you how it is.jpg
25KB, 400x273px
>>58249034
>I can sympathize with people who struggle to afford food, clothing and shelter. But entertainment? Learn to play a damn guitar and entertain yourself.

None of those things are free. Food and shelter are what most people in the world spend ALL of their money just barely getting. Clothing doesn't even fit on that list, it's basically a luxury item.

Capitalism is sustained by people like you that believe the poor should be happy to simply not have starved or frozen yet.

Get fucked.
>>
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Piracy
>>
>>58249691
entertainment for the corporation
i.e. watching the poor and helpless die in an alley
>>
>>58249034
Lets look at this from the very root of the issue. You were raised by a society that thinks ideas are products. That you can own a concept. Think about how asinine that really is.
>>
>>58251518
lol, because you've taken in the poor and helpless before?
>>
>>58251531
no but i gave a ride to a hitchhiker once ;)
>>
>>58251544
you make the poor guy suck you off while you drive?
did you leave the window open?
>>
>>58251468
>people like you that believe the poor should be happy to simply not have starved or frozen yet.

fuck man they have refrigerators and clothes already
what more do they need
>>
>>58251501
This
>>
>>58251560
i made him listen to my science podcast
and he was very confused by what they were saying. All he wanted to talk about was how much of a blessing it was that I picked him up and how he wanted to thank jesus for sending me to him.
>>
File: 1360066970225.png (182KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
1360066970225.png
182KB, 396x382px
>>58249034
This is the oldest fucking debate on the internet. There is nothing more immoral about sharing a file online than inviting a friend over to watch a movie. He didn't pay for that movie. What right does he have to watch it? The answer is go fuck yourself.
>>
Backup and archival. Have to destroy DRM to preserve our ability to watch copies of todays content on unconnected and "unsupported" devices.
>>
>>58251799
This. There's nothing to justify.
>>
>>58249034
I agree that most movies and TV are shit, but music is pretty dank
>>
>>58251207
This is probably the best reason, although not the best excuse. Fuck spending 20% of your free time watching commercials though, it's CURRENT YEAR, why do we still even have cable and not everything steamable?
>>
>>58249034
Entitled millennials, what else?
>>
>>58251908
This. There's nothing to justify.
>>
>>58249034
> For most of human history, people didn't require Hollywood to entertain them. They managed to entertain themselves and they somehow survived.
how2beretarded.jpeg
there are countless examples of professional entertainers troughout the human history. If you really think humans in the past did not pay for entertainment, then you have some research to do.
Additionally, you must be extra retarded to think humans today dont have the ability to entertain themself without requiring paid entertainment services.
>>
>>58251799
That's what microdicks tried to do with xbone's kinect. If it detects more people watching the movie than the license permits, it stops it and jews your credit card for the extra people.
>>
Supporting any American companies that pay taxes to the American government is the same as participating in murder.

piracy is less serious than murder.
>>
File: stop.jpg (11KB, 229x183px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
11KB, 229x183px
>>58249034
None of this matters. There are billions of ways to refute/insult/rearrange your post to fit bias and agendas.

Bottom line, Life can be short, entertainment is relative.(Watching a movie in a crowded theater vs. Breaking into high a security government facility)
>>
>>58251168
>your mind is shaped by memes
>>
File: aerhy.png (627KB, 899x387px) Image search: [Google]
aerhy.png
627KB, 899x387px
>>58251501
>“Ecosystem” - It is inadvisable to describe the free software community, or any human community, as an “ecosystem,” because that word implies the absence of ethical judgment.

Untrue; an ecosystem could thrive on the basis of ethical judgement, ie religion, nation states, pickup community.
>>
>>58249172
I know that feel. I've been to a few work places and met new people and realized I have nothing in common with any of them. I play EVE Online and whatever co-op game my friends happen to be playing at the time. Other than that, I'm usually just learning about technology shit and lurking 4chan. My interests are so niche, I don't fit in very well. I can do casual joking around, but not really much beyond that.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.