[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of job/salary can someone well versed in html/css/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 1482864888342.jpg (4MB, 6530x2941px) Image search: [Google]
1482864888342.jpg
4MB, 6530x2941px
What kind of job/salary can someone well versed in html/css/ and moderately competent in javascript/php expect?

I wanna make 6 figures. Help me yall. What do I do?
>>
>>58248466
2000 rupees per month
>>
>>58248478
c'mon be serious...

i wanna be fucking rich. i heard you guys are all rich, making 100k per year... I want that.
>>
>>58248549
>seriously believing that there are people making six figures who spend their time posting in a shithole
>>
> I want to become rich and famous with my 1337 html & css h4x0r k0d1ng sk1||z how do?
this is how you sound, OP.
>>
>>58248647
yeah, show me how. I wanna get rich.

how do i start.

where do i practice javascript?
>>
>>58248466
Add SQL to your repertoire, and be full competent in PHP and JS. You'll still make less than 6 figures, but you'll be able to find a job.
>>
>>58248690
if your websites are using javascript you're a pleb and can't expect to make anything near 6 figures
>>
>>58248466
>>I wanna make 6 figures. Help me yall. What do I do?

If you want to do webdev?
At least learn more backend stuff. Maybe learn Python and then Django. Possibly learn Go.

If you really want to get $$$ then learn some cloud computing. Some network stuff. Learn how to run "serverless" web hosts with AWS Lambda or something.
>>
File: 1483125736195.gif (2MB, 314x323px) Image search: [Google]
1483125736195.gif
2MB, 314x323px
>>58248741
yeah, I want to do web dev.

PHP is backend. I'm concentrating on Javascript right now because I'm already deep into it...
>>
>>58248736
posted on a website using javascript
>>
Become more than moderately competent in those languages, also learn some frameworks like Rails and Django

Full stack webdevs can make six figures, but you have to be really good at all aspects of web development, you can't be "moderately competent" dealing with server-side/back-end application logic and expect to work a serious job making six figures

You'll also want to build a couple of projects to show off on your resume, and be prepared to answer whiteboard programming questions at job interviews
>>
>>58248913
>PHP is backend

But other things are more popular now. Node.js, django, ruby on rails and that sort of thing. Learning some framework (even several) is important. I always see those jobs. The most important and well paid part is the backend and servers and that sort of thing.

Anyone with a 2 month bootcamp can do front end stuff. even without knowing how to code a fizzbuzz
>>
>>58248943
moot didnt make a cent off of this shithole
>>
>>58248969
I'm not a good idea guy. What kind of projects should I build?
>>
this board is full of people who are proud of being NEET

you have to be 18 to post here
>>
webdev seems like such a shitshow

imagine learning a the latest numale framework every nine months just to keep up with the joneses

and all of it resulting in absolutely embarrassing performance because nobody can be fucked doing anything other than jockeying libraries
>>
>>58249009
Imageboard/4chan clone, danbooru clone, twitter alternative, something like that

Just implement the basic, necessary features. Doing any of these would leave you with a pretty good understanding of how to build dynamic web applications desu
>>
>>58248466
Dude those are shit tier skills. Expect to make around $15 per hour unless you can do some really crazy stuff with javascript.
>>
okay, so I should drop PHP and go with something newer...

I'll give those a look...
>>
>>58248600
I do
>>
File: 1483111094099m.jpg (126KB, 889x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1483111094099m.jpg
126KB, 889x1024px
Bumpy
>>
File: 1467669994994.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1467669994994.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
If you are determined to do webdev for the rest of your life as a career then be prepared for a much lower salary, if you aren't paid hourly, unless you are hot shit. And have fun being a glorified visual designer while having to learn the latest and greatest framework every week.
>>
If you want to get big bucks you need to get into consulting. Can't be a sperg though

>>58248984
where did this backend = more difficult meme start?
90% of backend stuff is just grinding out CRUD
I guess the average pajeet could consider that difficult
>>
>>58248466
You gotta improve your skills, do more back-end programming, no way you're going to make 6 figures with those skills unless you're a really talented snowflake.
>>
>>58253303
>where did this backend = more difficult meme start?
>90% of backend stuff is just grinding out CRUD

But backend involves more than literally just placing images and text. Backend IS more difficult than frontend
>>
>>58248600
>Tfw currently preparing for sending out apps to various companies to in SV.
PRETTY STOKED BRO
DATA STRUCTURES AND ALGOS JUST FLOATING IN MY MIND, MAAAAAN
>>
>>58253303
What exactly is consulting? My general impression is consultants are called in for the jobs nobody at the original company can handle. Like the special forces of whatever field they work in
>>
>>58253303
Backend programming isn't inherently any more or less difficult than any other kind of programming. It all depends on what you're working on.

Most real-world stuff is a bit more complex than babby homemade CRUD apps
>>
>>58248466
Check dubs
>>
Since no one here has given you a proper answer, i'll try. Keep in mind that this is highly subjective, and luck and social ties play a large role in the job market.

Web dev is the lowest-tier ""programming""-related field right now, and it doesn't look it will change anytime soon. Just take a look at people in the field, i.e. with what you are dealing with; coffee-addicted hipsters writing bloated JS-heavy code on their 1300$ fb machines, preferably somewhere where a lot of others see them.

People going 100k+ in /uni/ threads these are located in the bay area, have proper education, valuable skills and exceed in the areas the company interviewing them are interested in, thus them getting there in the first place.

Also backend>>>frontend
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.