[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LOOK AT ME. I AM THE LINUX NOW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: lookatmeiamthelinuxnow.png (22KB, 1048x718px) Image search: [Google]
lookatmeiamthelinuxnow.png
22KB, 1048x718px
why even use a linux distro now? what's the point? microsoft just btfo of distros and made them irrelevant.
>>
>>58248352
Bash in Windows 10 is shit.

I have a bash script running in a Debian VM that works perfectly

>for f in *.txt

Bash for Windows 10 couldn't even parse that first line.

I'm removing it and getting Cygwin.
>>
>>58248352
I installed it and it couldn't copy and paste. It says the keybinds are Ctrl + C Ctrl + V but they don't do anything. The only way I was able to paste was by right-clicking the top bar and going Edit -> Paste. It also didn't show any options to change the keybinds, so it seems pretty horrible.

If there's some other way to do this, it probably requires more investigation and is not very user friendly. Not like the real Ubuntu which makes everything super easy.
>>
>>58248352
I think you don't get that there is more to GNU/Linux than just a shell.

I personally like it because it is built so modular.

I can switch my DE with a couple of commands, same goes for my shell, and everything else. And (for the most part) I can combine everything just to my liking.
Without having to pay for any of it.

If I manage to fuck up, I can reinstall, copy (not all of) /etc and my .config folder and I have got half of my system back already.

And all of this without being forced into updating my system, entering my license key, having updates that break my system every 2 months, etc.

If you like your Windows 10, good for you.
I however like my system just how it is, with my centralized package manager, my shell, and my desktop environment.
>>
>>58248352
Just run baremetal linux. Windoze botnet not required.
>>
>>58248352
>shell: sudo screenfetch
>>
>>58248494
right mouse button to paste. no joke. why they couldn't make it middle mouse button to paste like in linux is beyond me.

also the reason why it says ctrl works is because its simply a powershell window they use but with bash as the shell instead of powershell.
>>
>>58248352
>sudo screenfetch
>uptime is 3 minutes

yeah stick to Windows and don't post here again
>>
>>58248494
It's ctrl shift v to paste into term. regular ctrl c and v works for browser and such. Make you set up your keyboard wrong. Don't blame the distro, blame yourself for not following directions.
>>
>>58248352
>green on black

Don't hack me, bro!
>>
>>58248352
>32 gigs of ram

I bet you don't even have a single VM running, do you?
>>
>>58251134
The right-click menu actually says Ctrl + V under Edit -> Paste. Also the Shift + Ctrl + V was also tried and it didn't work either. There was no directions, now what?
>>
You install Linux as an alternative to Windows though. Your thing defeats the purpose.
>>
>>58251095
>right mouse button to paste. no joke. why they couldn't make it middle mouse button to paste like in linux is beyond me.
that feature is built into X and would be pretty hard to port over. same with being able to scroll in unfocused windows
>>
>>58251134
>Don't blame the distro, blame yourself
did you miss the part where he's talking about Windows?
>>
>>58248494
Highlight + right-click to copy
right-click to paste
Unless you're in a specific program
I use it for my DC++ client and all my IRC channels. No issues.

>Not like the real Ubuntu which makes everything super easy.
Oh no you had to spend three seconds figuring something out, how will you cope!
>>
>>58251856
Of course right-click was tried as well, but it's not like it worked either. N O T H I N G happened unless the right-click was done at the top bar, then it gave a menu.

So to recap:
>right-click didn't paste
>Ctrl + V didn't paste
>Shift + Ctrl + V didn't paste
>middle-click didn't paste

Now what? Now. What.
>>
File: botnet.png (120KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
botnet.png
120KB, 1920x1080px
Windows with all the love of linux. It's too comfy t b h
>>
>>58251924
right clicking works here. blame the user, not the software.
>>
>>58248874
You can run custom de and wm in Windows too, updates don't break your system except for from win7 to 10 and we can all agree that was fucked but the O's itself is literally everything you will ever need
>>
>>58252992
>m-maybe the user clicked the wrong right-click
This is just getting sad
>>
File: 1483156605553.png (10KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1483156605553.png
10KB, 645x773px
>>58252367

What's that calender?
I'm enamored by your setup, kudos!

How are you using ranger in babun? It seems like you have windawesome installed, correct? Could you explain your setup?
>>
>>58248352
Yeah, because I wan't to wait 10 minutes for the shell to maybe pop up
>>
>>58251856
>I use it for my DC++ client

What year is it? Fucking dc++
>>
Only bluepill newfags use winblows
It's an NSA listening post.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.