[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a win10 computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 8hDyYlV.jpg (179KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
8hDyYlV.jpg
179KB, 1200x900px
Someone gave me a computer with win10 on it for the holidays.

I remember hearing a bunch of questionable shit about it being developed by the NSA or something like that. How it's designed specifically to just track everything you do with those bullshit "help us help you by letting us see your data" options.

I also remember hearing about a few options and things to disable to make it a little more privacy-centered.

Any tips for feeling better when using win10? Also I honestly need this new computer because the one I'\m using is old as shite.

Pic not related.
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>58242576
Not installing any other program. I know there were options in win10 I could just mess with. Forgot them though.
>>
install solus
>>
>>58242506
install arch
>>
>>58242603
>>58242606
Not installing anything. Just tell me what the win10 options are.
>>
That guy in OP seems to be so overconfident, it hurts. His only "special ability" is to pull the trigger when he sees something unpleasant/unkown.
He's just a indoctrinated fucktard, cannon fodder, pretty sure he is long time dead.
>>
>>58242700
>implying microsoft gives you options in the current year
jej
>>
>>58242700
There is no options, spying is built into this system, period. Some people will tell you that it's otherwise and that you can "disable it" but microsoft can reenable whatever the fuck they want at any time. Also chances are you have home version and can't even do jack shit.
There are some scripts that some people believe block spying that don't actually do jack shit, other than making tech illiterate retards feel better about using windows 10. The only way to block spying for good with this os is on router level, by denying connection to any of microsoft servers. It will also cripple your system as you will not be able to sync with microsoft servers anymore and do any updates ever again (until you unblock them). Google how to do it if you are interested.
>>
>>58242591
Gentoo is a better OS. Install any other OS than windows 10 or just look up how to take off the spyware. Dual boot if you are gaming. Linux is also better in so many ways.
>>
Had to end up using google instead of people just giving me the answers I clearly wanted. http://lifehacker.com/what-windows-10s-privacy-nightmare-settings-actually-1722267229
>>
>>58242746
guy=/=kid with scarf,motorola,rgb and prolly drone over his head(literally too expencive munition to kill him)

Imagine the feel=you be indoctrinated moron who thinkz he will go to heaven(fucking meadow) with 44 virginz(what are you gonna do wehn you are suroundedn eternity by 44 once were virgins,talk?) if killed on battlefield.

Literally no ammo cheap enough to neutralize you,you do kamikaze bullshit but you somehow survive(just not worth it),so you return home……
>Im immortal
You walk the street,someone thrws piece of pizza(ham=pork) out of window,hits you in head,piece of ham ends in mouth,you dead,end up in hell(prolly endless desert with 44 gays).
>>
>>58242804
>EULA says they can spy on litterally everything you do no matter what you say
>comes with keylogger
>Microsoft admitted they spy on you so much they know the exact number of images opened with the default app (wtf)
>b-b-but i-if i tell them i dont want them to spy on me like the article i found told me they cant, r-right?
No, anon. No.
>>
DWS Lite will remove most of the botnet. Including the literal botnet that is p2p windows updates.

Then throw it in the garbage and install gnu
>>
>>58242506
>Any tips for feeling better when using win10?
Try not believing all the unevidenced bullshit /g/ says for once and thinking for yourself. Works for me.
>>
Your neggyhole is getting pozzed one way or another.

Windows 10 collects a lot of data, but its not personal, just questionable.

Linux distros ideally collect no data, but your ISP is still keeping logs of your internet activity.

You can prevent this with a VPN, however, under new laws, just using a VPN is "probable cause" for further investigation.
>>
>>58243769
I know nothing about computers though. I just remember hearing some things about win10 a while back.

I can't think for myself in this regard because I have no prior knowledge to reference.
>>
I just still don't understand why people here couldn't just send me that link from before when I first asked for it. ->

http://lifehacker.com/what-windows-10s-privacy-nightmare-settings-actually-1722267229
>>
>>58242506
The reality is if you are using windows, you are getting spied on. If using windows is more important to you than your privacy, by all means continue to use it.

If not, head over to fglt and look into ubuntu or something. There are some very user friendly GNU/Linux distros.
>>
>>58244162
No idea what any of that stuff is though. Aside from linux, I haven't ever heard of them.
>>
>>58242506
This sums it up mostly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNnVSUCFN70

There are other things you can do like uninstall cortana and onedrive as well.
>>
>>58244593
Also depending on what brand computer you got it's going to be riddled with shitware preloaded. I would do a clean install if I were you just to get it all off of the system.
>>
>>58242506

Format
install the linux distro of your choice or even windows 7 if you are a bit slow
or sell it and buy a Mac.
>>
>>58243769
>unevidenced

Microsoft themselves admit to spying.
>>
>>58244582
https://getfedora.org/

There ya go
>>
>>58242591
>program
>>
>>58245041
>An Operative System is not a computer program by definition
Are you really that tech illiterate or are you just shitposting?
>>
>>58245002
>Microsoft themselves admit to spying.
Not just spying but on-selling your personal data to third-parties such as advertisers. They are monetizing your life, something that you have failed to do.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.