[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microsoft Is Building A Computer Straight From Science Fiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: ms.jpg (59KB, 594x446px) Image search: [Google]
ms.jpg
59KB, 594x446px
>Microsoft has been pouring in billions to build a quantum computer. Where others were contented with research about the matter, Microsoft is taking matters into their own hands and is already braiding anyons, which will provide the building blocks to the supercomputer.
>Microsoft started their research on quantum computing since 2005 under the supervision of Michael Freedman. They set up a lab called Station Q which was solely devoted to quantum computing.
>Todd Holmdahl, a veteran engineer and the director of Microsoft's effort towards this technology, said that they are already close to creating the basic building block that will enable them to create the supercomputer. Once they have that, Holmdahl said that they will have a road map that will allow them to go thousands of qubits.

http://www.universityherald.com/articles/57806/20161229/quantum-computing.htm

Freetards and Apple, BTFO!
>>
I'm doing this as well in my bathroom.

gib grant moni plox
>>
>>58241823
>cloud computing
>cloud OS thin clients with Microsoft
>quantum computing to process all the cloud OS's siphoned info
>>
>>58241823
Looks pretty interesting, hope they succeed.
>>
>>58242058

U mad, freetard? :^)
>>
Looks pretty neat. Honestly I would have thought that microsoft of all companies would be experimenting with organic computing though.
>>
>>58241823
Quantum is useless for consumer technology. It wont make your vidya run faster or reduce compile times. It is purely for breaching encryption and solving complex mathematical equations like P=NP.
>>
So microsoft realised in 2005 that windows is so shit they'll need a quantum computer to compete with others OS ? seems legit, but I don't know if people are really going to spend more to compensate the bloat of the OS.

Wait a second, isn't that the point of the SSD ?
>>
How long until Cortana will take the form of a physical assistant?

I'm not into any of the androidfu waifufaggotry, just asking for a friend
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.