[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the most meme tier programing language there is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 33

File: archtiect.png (343KB, 807x356px) Image search: [Google]
archtiect.png
343KB, 807x356px
what is the most meme tier programing language there is?
>>
C
>>
>>58238645
rust
>>
>>58238641
meme means boobs in my language
>>
>>58238658
Java
>>
>>58238641

Haskell.
>>
>>58238673
liar
>>
All the lisps out there.
>>
>>58238682

It's true, though.
>>
>>58238691
fake and gay
>>
Javascript.
Look at this shit, independent womyn goes to job interview, they ask to do a fizzbuzz in javascript, she doesn't know how to do it, gets mad and writes a blog post.
https://css-tricks.com/tales-of-a-non-unicorn-a-story-about-the-trouble-with-job-titles-and-descriptions/

This is the kind of person that will end up installing 9999 frameworks to do something simple as fizzbuzz because she doesn't have any idea, that's the kind of person that is bloating the web.
>>
Lisp
>>
>>58238717
jesus christ

sounds like fizzbuzz did its job
>>
File: 1431434986158.png (750KB, 854x853px) Image search: [Google]
1431434986158.png
750KB, 854x853px
>>58238717
>>
>>58238641
Objective-C
>>
C#
>>
From now on,VBA will Become important.Half serious.
>>
>>58238717
>https://css-tricks.com/tales-of-a-non-unicorn-a-story-about-the-trouble-with-job-titles-and-descriptions/

Holy fuck

The comments are all agreeing like "fizzbuzz is SO MATHEMATICAL I can't believe they'd ask you to do something so tuff"

I'm speechless...
>>
File: terry davis.png (767KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
terry davis.png
767KB, 700x700px
Holy C
>>
is calling C a meme language a meme?
>>
>>58238945
CIA nigger
>>
>>58238717
>Look at this shit, independent womyn goes to job interview, they ask to do a fizzbuzz in javascript
You can drop the womyn bit from it, that could be any webdev and you know it.

I agree with >>58238807 that fizzbuzz did its job.

I've met and worked with a few people who could have written that blog, all males.

>>58238933
>The comments are all agreeing like "fizzbuzz is SO MATHEMATICAL I can't believe they'd ask you to do something so tuff"
It's a webdev blog read by webdevs.

But actually, the 2nd-5th comments are all saying that the problem is easy and she should have been able to solve it.

>>58238641
>what is the most meme tier programing language there is?
Node.JS
99999 frameworks exist and 99 more are made every day and people are always pushing their special snowflake frameworks on blogs and youtube. It's total bullshit. You can literally write node in node installed on node and served by node. It's nearly impossible to do anything only in node unless you're working with the memest technologies that someone wrote a framework for.

e.g. you can use mongo but not postgresql.
>>
>>58238717
wat

She goes to an interview, knowing that she doesn't qualify for half of the requirements, let alone understand them. She still gets invited (presumably because of muh diversity) and proceeds to get pissed when people tell her she obviously doesn't qualify. How low do you need the bar to be?
>>
>>58238673
This and Delphi
>>
File: FizzBuzzed.png (391KB, 1848x2018px) Image search: [Google]
FizzBuzzed.png
391KB, 1848x2018px
>>58238717
Oh boy.
>>
I can't agree with the C comments. C is still one of the top 10 in-demand languages according to most or all of the sites that keep track of such things, and if you do anything systems-related or security-related you have to know C. Linux, Git, Vim, Nginx, the PHP interpreter, and countless other programs are all written in C.

Haskell is the real meme language.
>>
File: little-tip-for-you.png (97KB, 237x203px) Image search: [Google]
little-tip-for-you.png
97KB, 237x203px
>>58238641
All of them
>>
>>58238969
>It's a webdev blog read by webdevs.

If you claim to be able to write Javascript (or ANY programming language for that matter) and made it through middle school you should be able to write a fizzbuzz in your sleep, "webdev" or otherwise.
>>
>>58239032
This

Algebra is the same for everybody regardless who you are

If you can't even grasp the basic idea of one number being divisible by another, then you're not qualified for ANY programming job. Period.
>>
C# I guess?
>>
>>58238931
Wrong.

Microsoft is phasing VBA out for Javascript in Excel and Access. VBA is basically, finally, dead.
>>
>>58239032
>>58239058
But the word "design" was in there! What do you mean you need to know how to divide by 2 just to get a job as a developer? Like, OMG MATH!

Sad jokes aside, modern CS grads cannot be counted on to do FizzBuzz, or even ultra simple loops. The standard question I use in interviews is "count down from 700 to 200 in decrements of 13", and most applicants fail.

Maybe we should start with "Can you tie your shoelaces without help from mommy?" Maybe "OMG MATH" folk can pass that test.
>>
>>58238807

Yeah sorta but did they want designer or programmer?

In my experience if you want both it's two hires. To me fizz buzz had nothing to do with this and more about personality. ( Person went in thinking they were a snow flake... So arrogant they assumed it was this one thing that cost them the job....)

To me this sounds like someone who didn't learn jack shit from the job interview and still thinks they are a special rockstar snow flake and no one wants to work with people like that
>>
Most languages are pretty crap in one way or another. When you say 'meme tier' do you mean esoteric like brainfuck or a terrible language being marketed as OK?
>>
>>58239117
I actually can't believe this.

There is no way this is true.
>>
Find me a product that's a bloated piece of shit and it will be written in Java.
>>
>>58239117

I'm a CS major and anyone should have been able to do that after our first semester introduction to C.

I've been preparing for interviews by studying linked lists, but can't even get an internship :( I had to join the Air Force to get a chance. Cyber Warfare Ops for the win I guess.
>>
>>58238969
Found the woman. Roastie get out!
>>
>>58239094

Every accountant ever is going to be using VBA for the next 20 years.
>>
File: coq.jpg (74KB, 1045x636px) Image search: [Google]
coq.jpg
74KB, 1045x636px
>>58238641

Easy.
>>
Server side Javascript.
>>
>>58239032

There's JavaScript and there's JavaScript.

There's a shittonne of "JavaScript developers" who work exclusively with telling jQuery to animate a menu and have never seen a loop.

They are fine at their job because we hire them to make boring pages look pretty and I don't let them code any logic.
>>
File: FiveYearsOfProgrammingExperience.jpg (732KB, 2394x1698px) Image search: [Google]
FiveYearsOfProgrammingExperience.jpg
732KB, 2394x1698px
>>58239145
We had a guy come with 5 years of "experience". He and his resume both said 5 years in front-end web dev, but he failed the following:

-Write a program to show the 12x12 times table.
-Write a program that starts at 700 and goes down to 200, in decrements of 13
-AFTER we explained why his first attempt at the above was wrong, he tried again... and failed. Pic related.

I have asked "programmers" to write a program to count from 1-100, and show which numbers are odd and which are even. Yeah, they failed that too.
>>
>>58239293
so this is all I have to do to get hired somewhere?

or are these the "get the fuck out of here" questions right before you end the interview?
>>
>>58239305
Read up on how FizzBuzz came to be. 99.5% of all programming job applicants do not know any programming at all. If you can program, then you are in the top 0.5%. Not top 50%, not top 5%, not top 1%, but top 0.5%.
>>
>>58239293
>-Write a program that starts at 700 and goes down to 200, in decrements of 13

It took a while but I've put this together.

-module(countdown_gen).
-behaviour(gen_server).

-define(SERVER, ?MODULE).

-export([start_link/1]).

-export([init/1, handle_call/3, handle_cast/2, handle_info/2,
terminate/2, code_change/3]).

start_link(Start) ->
gen_server:start_link({local, ?SERVER}, ?MODULE, [Start], []).

init(Args) ->
[Start] = Args,
self() ! iterate,
{ok, Start}.

handle_call(_Request, _From, State) ->
{reply, ok, State}.

handle_cast(_Msg, State) ->
{noreply, State}.

handle_info(iterate, State) when State > 200 ->
io:format("~p~n", [State]),
self() ! iterate,
{noreply, State - 13};

handle_info(iterate, State) ->
{stop, "Clean Exit Reached", State};

handle_info(_Info, State) ->
{noreply, State}.

terminate(_Reason, _State) ->
ok.
>>
Prolog
>>
>>58238641
well sir that's just gotta be the prajeet language of choice. .net
>>
>>58239175
The miltiary is a pretty good choice for a technical person. You don't have to do it forever but you can have a shit ton of fun, learn heaps, and do some cool shit.

Also having a degree doesn't mean shit anymore, it basically makes you average.
>>
>>58239175
>studying linked lists
But you're doing C programming.
You practically never use linked lists where you use C. Same with C++ or any pseudo performance oriented language like java.
>>
>>58239293
I feel a lot better about myself now. I was asked to implement a stack once. This was an online programming test that was part of the interview process. I fumbled around for a bit, not really sure what to do. I knew what a stack was just not how to implement one. Until I remembered how ArrayList was implemented, its backed by an array. I thought ArrayList magically expanded and contracted when I was first introduced to it but after looking into it I was surprised to find its just an array with some clever methods. I'm not a CS grad and had not studied data structures and algorithms.

So I made a Stack class with an array and gave it pop push and peek methods. Boom, stack implemented. All because I remembered how ArrayList actually works under the hood.
>>
>>58239293
>Write a program to show the 12x12 times table
#include <stdio.h>

int main (void) {
int i, j;
for (i = 1; i <= 12; i++) {
for (j = 1; j <= 12; j++)
printf("table");
printf("\n");
}
return 0;
}

Am I applied?
>>
>>58239293
the 700 to 200 in steps of 13, what do you look for? people who stop on 206 or 193?
>>
>>58239618

We only did C for the first semester, then we switched mostly to Java.
>>
>>58239673
>printf("table");
>>
>>58239707
Yes, it shows table.
>>
>>58238669
What is your language dear Anon ?
>>
>>58239704
Still the idea of studying datastructures for a programming career seems a bit odd. Get familiarity with the language through practice if it's a career you wish to pursue.

I doubt whoever is doing the interview are gonna have strong opinions on your performance in the questions they ask to get rid of the worst programmers.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3KB, 341x183px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3KB, 341x183px
>>58239673
>Am I applied?
I am not sure if this is what I was asking for, but yes, you are applied.
>>
>>58238969
>99999 frameworks exist and 99 more are made every day and people are always pushing their special snowflake frameworks on blogs and youtube.

The web is fucked. Return to Gopher when?
>>
>>58239293
>goes down to 200 in decrements of 13
But you can't right?
It 13 doesn't divide 200 evenly.
You break the rule of doing it in increments of 13 if you ever reach 200.
Are you supposed to take a partial last step?
So basically you break at x<=212 and handle the remainder?

Ambiguity in assignments is terrible.

His attempts are just awful though. Clearly just lying on his resume.
>>
>>58239694
I always fail at fizzbuzz because I always start at 0 instead of 1.
>>
>>58239870
>divide 200
Meant 500 obviously.
>>
>>58239570
That's some weird prolog.
That's now swipl, is it?
With some nonstandard extensions?
>>
>>58239912
>gen_server
It's erlang.
>>
>>58239870
>But you can't right?
You won't count 200, but you can count down from 700 in decrements of 13, and stop once you go below 200.
>>
>>58239665
But mah dude, you could have done:

public class Stackeroni<E> {
private ArrayList<E> backingArr = new ArrayList<>();
public void push(E item) {
backingArr.add(item);
}
public E pop() {
emptyCheck();
return backingArr.remove(backingArr.size() - 1);
}
public E peek() {
emptyCheck();
return backingArr.get(backingArr.size() - 1);
}
private void emptyCheck() {
if(backingArr.isEmpty()) {
throw new RuntimeException("I'm too lazy to throw a checked exception, and your stack is empty");
}
}
}

Something like that at least.
It does the same thing yours did, and it got implemented faster. Yours might be a tad faster though.
>>
>>58239694
Probably people who don't ask.
Or don't even get that far.
>>
File: fizzbuzz.png (14KB, 389x619px) Image search: [Google]
fizzbuzz.png
14KB, 389x619px
>>58238717

Here is a dirty solution (should work)
Is there is a more elegant way to do it in Javascript?
>>
>>58238717
Ben Racicot
Permalink to comment# MAY 11, 2015
This post is near and dear to me and all to similar to many “interviews” I’ve been on. The whole fixbuzz thing is a huge joke. I have never used the or heard of PHP’s modulous operator before or since I failed the fizzbuzz test.

I’m also learning that if you have mastered all the skills listed in the description then why would you be interested in their company? You’d be at Google or something.

After consulting for a while (many interviews) I now go in more confident than ever. This is who I am, this is what I’ve done and this is where I’m going. Any time that approach doesn’t work I have not wanted to be there anyways and the times it has worked I’ve spent time at the company. :)

Man these comments are pure gold
>>
>>58239947
Since the output is constant, you shouldn't do it wiht JavaScript. just compute the string once and put it in the HTML and be done with it.
>>
>>58239334
>not enough money for college in mid 90s
>taught myself programming late 90s
>had reasonably successful shareware app late 90s / early 2000s
Didn't make me rich (obviously) but generated 5 figures per year for a few years.
>had one full time position early 2000s
Company was bought out and moved to another state. I didn't want to move.
>work as contractor since then
>feeling kind of shitty about contracts and income last two years
>apply for some FT positions
>"we're sorry" emails

Mind you I have applications literally running one local company (sweet contract for a few years, but they don't need more than what we've already developed). This includes client applications, some custom server applications, SQL databases, a few web front ends, all working together.

I also ported a commercial application for a small company from Windows to Mac OS. (Another sweet gig.)

In both cases it was all me. I wasn't a code monkey helping an internal team. I did all the work, made the architecture decisions, etc.

Lots of other stuff but this post is already long.

What am I doing wrong? What do I need to say on my resume to get an interview? I'm comfortable with, and have had contract work in, C/C++, C#, VB.NET, PHP, JavaScript, SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MS SQL), and I'm comfy on Windows or Mac. Little "can he code at all" tests I see on the web are a joke to me. (Like really? There are people who can't count down in a loop?)

Is the lack of a degree just killing my chances no matter what I do? It's kind of depressing to read a blog post from someone who went to a coder camp and got interviews then hired.
>>
>>58239938
Yeah. But I'm just saying that 'down to' is not the same as 'go below'.

I guess since it's just an arbitrary assignment either interpretation is fine.
>>
>>58239694
It is not about where they stop the loop. I want to know if they can write an ultra simple loop without help from Google.
>>
Haskell, without a doubt.
>>
>>58239947

Surely you can just

var output = i

Rather than setting it to nothing and then changing it.
>>
>>58239967
>What do I need to say on my resume to get an interview?
Send me your resume (remove your name if you like) and I can give you feedback.

>Is the lack of a degree just killing my chances no matter what I do?
Not in IT. Between two people who are otherwise identical in skill, the one with a degree will get the job. In the other ~99% of the cases, the person who is better skilled, or asks for a lower salary, will get the job.

>Little "can he code at all" tests I see on the web are a joke to me.
I have a set of questions that I ask in interviews, if you want to see. You can grade yourself using actual questions asked in actual interviews.
>>
>>58240003
Not him but I'd be interested in the questions.
>>
>>58240003
>Send me your resume (remove your name if you like) and I can give you feedback.

You would be able to identify me from the commercial Mac OS port and the shareware app. Not that I care if this conversation were moved somewhere else.

>>58240003
>I have a set of questions that I ask in interviews, if you want to see. You can grade yourself using actual questions asked in actual interviews.

Post em!
>>
>>58239938
Stop after printing a number below 200 or stop before printing a number below 200?
>>
>>58238717
UX people have to know basic fucking coding.
The reason is that they have to talk with programmers.

If a UX designers suggest an approach that makes the program much better for the user, then the programmer must be able to evaluate that idea, and present the UX designer with the evaluation. And in that case, algorithmic complexity, big-O, and all those gory details will be a necessary part of that discussion.

I understand why she might think that a UX-person shouldn't know about modulo. But there are plenty of workable ways of doing that check.

You could also, for example, generate two boolean tables from 1-100 called divides-by-3 and divides-by-5 or so, doing something like this:
// pseudo code
bool[100] dividesBy3;
bool[100] dividesBy5;

int divCounter3 = 3;
int divCounter5 = 5;

loop for i from 1 upto 100 do {
if divCounter3 == 0
then: dividesBy[i] = true;
divCounter3 = 3;
else: dividesBy[i] = false;
decrement divCounter3;
fi
}

// now for some fizzbuzzing!
loop for i from 1 upto 100 do {
if divisibleBy3[i] then:
if divisibleBy5[i] then:
print("fizzbuzz!\n");
fi
print("fizz!\n");
if divisibleBy5[i] then:
print("buzz!\n");
fi
}

Which while a silly way to do it, would work.
(you could also use one array of int, and add 1 to the indexed location if it's divisible by 3, and 2 if it's divisible by 5, and then have a switch on 0, 1, 2, and 3. I'm sure C-practicioners want to call that technique something else, but this is higher than snoop-dogg in Orlando tier pseudocode.)

You could also just define divisible by n as a function. Something like
boolean function divisible-by-n(num n) {
loop while num > 0 {
decrement num by n;
if num == 0 then: return true; fi
}
return false;
}

Which is REALLY slow compared to just doing modulo, but it gets the job done. And that's all that's asked for.

You don't *need* the modulo. It's just the easiest way.
>>
>>58240098
Note that I'm not saying that any of these are good ways of doing it. But they do prove that there are ways of doing it that does not use modulo.
>>
File: Untitled.png (172KB, 924x1055px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
172KB, 924x1055px
>>58240037
>>58240039
Feel free to let me know if any question is more ambiguous than is needed.

If you have more than 10 years of experience in programming, you may find these trivial and laugh at me. That is fine: I have only been interviewing entry-level applicants, and these are the questions I use.

Credit to /g/, who suggested about half of these questions.
>>
>>58240136
Those are remarkably easy yet they look pretty solid. Thanks anon.
What do you mean by lazy evaluation of the tick tac toe? Is writing a diagonal/vertical/horizontal check function using a modulus operator where you check both 'sides' of the input square a 'lazy check'? What are we avoiding here? Checking the entire board or being too generic?
The first technical question though. Would the answer that a pointer store an address and an address is an enumeration of memory be OK? I'm not sure how to phrase that as a difference.
Is the structure vs class answer just about how C++ classes default to private while structures don't? Is that the same in java?

I really like the theory questions especially.
>>
>>58240000
Ah, yeah, missed that.
>>
>>58240231
For tictactoe you might want to try game theory oe whatever the fuck it's called
>>
>>58240231
if ((board[0][0]==1)&&(board[0][1]==1)&&(board[0][2]==0)&&(board[1][0]==1)&&(board[1][1]==0)...

I have seen tic-tac-toe code in which there are a few dozen if statements like that. The "programmer" would just copy/paste the enormous if statement enough times to cover all potential possibilities, and write the best move for each. That is not programming, it is dumb brute force, and I would not hire anyone who does that.
>>
>>58238673
dis
>>
>>58239293
wtf, this is some highschool level shit

in yurop we learn this in our high school equivelant
>>
>>58240266
Don't know game theory but I don't think it has much to do with solving tick tack toe.
>>58240274
Ah so it's just avoiding the flat check.

For this specific problem it's really not that bad. But in general I can see it being an issue.
>>
File: FourYearsOfExperience.png (144KB, 806x2092px) Image search: [Google]
FourYearsOfExperience.png
144KB, 806x2092px
>>58240287
Want to see what the resume of a person with FOUR YEARS OF EXPERIENCE looks like?

Yes, this person, with THAT resume, has been working for FOUR YEARS.

FOUR 4 four _four_ (8/2) F-O-U-R EFF OWE YOU ARE fOuR FoUr YEARS, and that is what the resume looks like.
>>
>>58240136
I think this is the best way to do number 3.
Done in a minute with Emacs's macro recordings.
http://pastebin.com/zaRYKwbc
I mean, a lot of them are very simple if you know the trick.
For example, for 7. you can just do:
(format nil "~@R" n) and you're done.
And you're allowed to do it too, since you're disallowed from doing so in number 8.
If it's disallowed explicitly there, then it must be implicitly allowed before.

And things like number 8 is also a bit weird. Do we get to use Sets? Maps? After all, prolog doesn't have Arrays, but it does have binary trees, and since the numbers are randomish, we could just use a tree there...

See the problem?

What you could do of course is something like:
// In Java, boolean values are initially false
boolean[] exists = new boolean[1000];
for(number n : falconGuideToNumbers) {
if(exists[n]) {
System.out.printf("The repeated number was %d%n", n);
}
else {
exists[n] = true;
}
}

Which has a running time of O(n), which is fairly decent.

But since not all languages have arrays...
It's better to specify what you get to use. Because the obvious thing is a set, since it's semantically obvious. Then you think about an array or a map.

And for things like Theory #7, I would use a database, and quite frankly, stick with DAOs to read from it, and the only thing I'd put out of it would be DTOs.

But someone coming from Node.js and MongoDB would do everything in node, and do nothing in MongoDB. Which one of us is more correct? Or is this a question about whether or not I fit into the culture?
>>
>>58240231
I would have just made a dictionary of moves, with strings of the previous moves being the keys.

Because I can't remember the min-max algorithm in my head, and you don't get to google these things.
>>
>>58240317
> schizophrenia
>>
>>58239117
>modern CS grads cannot be counted on to do FizzBuzz, or even ultra simple loops. The standard question I use in interviews is "count down from 700 to 200 in decrements of 13", and most applicants fail.
Jesus christ. At my university, in order to complete the CS program you had to take a course on assembly in which we did things like programming binary trees and the like. It had a pass-fail ratio of 1:1 and was the biggest reason for people in the CS program switching to the IT program.

The idea that there are people out there with a BS in CS right now who can't into fizzbuzz is disheartening.

A similar anecdote, a couple years ago, I was at a career fair for CS/IT people at my university, and I was talking to a booth who had one of the interviewers present, and he said, "the biggest thing about our interview is SQL. Nothing complex, just basic stuff, like one of the most complex interview questions getting everything where some value is equal to something," and I said, "really? that's just select whatever from table where whatever=whatever" and his response was, "yeah, you wouldn't believe it, but that question weeds out about 90% of applicants."
>>
>>58240325
>Done in a minute with Emacs's macro recordings.
The interviewee is expected to answer on a paper. Of course, you can just write 100 lines of printf, but does that show programming skill or cheekiness?
>>
>>58240136
Code
3c is throwing me for a loop because loops are control statements...unless you're looking for a recursion solution.

10 I had the same question as >>58240231. No, I would never, ever type out a shit ton of if statements to cover every potential combination. I would beat someone for doing that.

Technical
10 I haven't thought about either sorting algorithm in probably 20 years, so that would have stumped me without a minute to refresh my memory via Google. If you had asked about quick sort or a binary search of a sorted array I would be fine.

Otherwise I think I would do fine.
>>
>>58240379
>we have to do assembly
Doesn't really mean you can do a fizzbuzz.
>>
>>58240382
Cheekiness. Obviously. And who doesn't like a cheeki breeki?
>>
>>58240379
A whole fucking lot of developers don't know SQL.
Why do you think that NoSQL became so popular?
Because devs wanted key-value stores and that's it.
Learning new things is for pussies. We want to write JavaScript and only JavaScript until we die.
JS4lyf.
>>
>>58240389
Then my wording is wrong.

Control: if, if/else, switch
Iteration: for, while, do/while

But Googling shows that "control statements" actually cover all the above. I will re-word.
>>
>>58240442
Google says that I should have put "conditional statements". My bad.
>>
>>58240317
>computer skills of MS Word, MS Excel
>developer
We have a special name for such jobs, it's called "Electronic Computing Machine Operator"
>>
DC++
>>
>>58240317
>Adapt in getting task done both efficiently and fast learner

Not only would they fail an interview, but they'd fail a Turing test.
>>
>>58239704
Writing a linked list is more a programming exercise than something you do in any language. Linked lists should be avoided in a lot of cases because of performance, and when they are necessary, your language should have support for them.

"You can't call yourself a C programmer if you can't write a linked list" is a sentiment I've heard expressed many times, though.

>>58240136
thanks for this.
>>
>>58239117
in their head or with a computer, I could do it in my head, but itd be slow, just timed my self, about 3-4 seconds a number
>>
>>58238641
1. Haskell
2. Lisp
3. Javascript

>>58239094
>Implying any large business is actually going to pay by the month for O365
VB(A) is going to be around for at LEAST another decade in the relevance department because of how much it still powers in the business sector. No one wants to hire 10 pajeets for JSfuck when they have two old guys who understand VBA and still handle other aspects of the job and don't need to pay them any more than they're already making.

However, that adoption (or some kind of segway into Python) will probably happen seeing as VB has close to zero materials for anything more than "introduction to programming" shit and the in-line VBA editor for Office products is stuck in 2003. It'd be interesting to see if Microsoft pushes VB.NET instead of JavaScript or JScript.
>>
>>58238641
>nobody said python yet
>>
>>58240136
Technical
1. An address is the memory location, a pointer is a variable which contains an address.
2. A structure does not have functions associated with it as a class does.
2. (assuming by "String" you mean a the String class) String is a class which allows for strings of dynamic size and has helpful functions, e.g. length(). A character array is simple an array of characters.
4. Sharing memory between two processes or threads.
5. Whenever child classes of the abstract class will all need some function to be implemented, but the implementation of that function will vary - eg a "shape" class with "computeArea()" and child classes of "triangle" "square" etc
6. Passing to a function which requires a uint :^)
Note: although "this section is biased towards c/c++/java, java does not have an unsigned int)
7. "this" refers to the object itself. It would need to be used when writing a method with an argument of the same name as a property of this class, for example, a setter.
8. Function for dynamically allocating memory
9. First-in-first-out and last-in-first-out. E.g., a queue is a FIFO data structure whereas a stack is a LIFO data structure.
10. Different algorithms for sorting an array, both with shitty performance (O(n^2)

Is the use of "need" appropriate in 4-6? I think you should be able to avoid *needing* to use those, albeit it would definitely be fucking stupid to avoid them in many cases.

How did I do on this part?
>>
>>58238717
>Javascript.

hey look at my new framework shit.js, edgy.js, cringe.js and you need to bloat the shit out your tools
>>
x=700
while x >200:
x-=13
if x < 200:
print(200)
else:
print(x)
>>
>>58239939
Yeah that looks better desu.
>>
>>58238717
>https://css-tricks.com/tales-of-a-non-unicorn-a-story-about-the-trouble-with-job-titles-and-descriptions/
I just farted! Good one anon.
>>
>>58238641
define "meme tier"
define "meme language"
>>
>>58241059
Think he meant cancer or joke tier
>>
>>58239731

I hear about linked lists questions being used a lot on interviews, so I'm not going to take your advice not to study them.
>>
>>58239720
i guess turkish
>>
>>58241079
why is haskell a joke?
>>
>>58238717
I think she was lucky that nobody ever asked her how to install a OS on a computer or even turn-on a computer itself xD
>>
>>58240136
>>58240779

Theory
1. Assuming you flip three times, record the flips, then start over (eg "THH, HTH, THT"): neither is more likely (both have a 12.5% chance of occurring).
2. 90 degrees
3. 3: Put 4 on one side of the scale and 4 on the other, take the heavier side and split it into groups of two, weigh those groups against each other, then split the heavier side again and weigh the remaining two marbles against each other.
3. February 29th should have a lower number, whereas the distribution should be even for the rest (ignoring that people like to fuck more around certain times of the year depending on which culture they're in)
Probability of one person having birthday on March 17: 1/365.25
Probability of three random people having same b-day: (1/365.25)^2)
5. Assuming steps means physically taking a step: Stand on the ground, throw the eggs up higher and higher until you break one, noting the how many floors you throw it each time :^)
Non-ditzy answer: basically do a binary search: start on 50, then go to 75 if it doesn't break, then 83, etc.. Once an egg breaks, you go to the the floor above the lowest floor that you know it won't break at (so, for example, if it breaks at 83, you go to 76), and then drop the remaining egg from that floor and the floors above it (incrementing by one floor each toss) until it breaks. The reason for restarting at the lowest floor + 1 instead of a pure binary search is because you only have two eggs and doing a pure binary search could result in the second egg breaking before reaching the lowest possible floor it could break at.
6. When the fourth mathematician doesn't say "my hat is white" then everyone knows that "BBBW" is eliminated. When the third doesn't say, "my hat is white" everyone knows that "BBW?" is eliminated. When the second doesn't say, "My hat is white," everyone knows that "B???" is eliminated. Thus, the first knows he has a white hat.
"Comment too long" - I'll continue later.
>>
>>58241125
Appending to a list makes memory usage grow exponentially because of how immutability and laziness is implemented.
>>
>>58241125
I think it's pretty much because of the same reason that is not allowing you to see it as a joke.
>>
>>58241141
what is strictness
>>
>>58241082
OK anon. But really, when you know a linked list in theory you know all there really is to know about a linked list.

And I personally wouldn't like to be employed by someone who really wants me to work with linked lists all day. Without abstraction even. Ridiculous.
>>
>>58238641
C. Unless you are writing drivers its useless.
>>
>>58241233
this sounds like a PHP developer to me.
>>
>>58241266
have fun with those hack macros
have fun with no polymorphy
>>
>>58241138
How does your solution work to Theory#6 if the hat order was BWBW or BWBB?
>>
>>58239961
>I have never used the or heard of PHP’s modulous operator before or since

Every once in a great while I read something that encapsulates everything that's going wrong in the world.

That sentence is a great example.

How can anyone even pretend to call themselves a programmer if they have never encountered the % operator, or not know what it is?

The thing that's so galling about this is that everyone knows what the underlying concept is. Everyone has, at some point in their childhood, sat in a math classroom and seen the concept of "remainder after division". What is 7 divided by 3? It's 2, with a remainder of 1. Everyone has seen this. Everyone. And people who call themselves "programmers" damn well better have enough curiosity to care about the concept of integer division and what the remainder might be after performing it. This is *division* we're talking about here. One of the four fundamental arithmetic operators. Something they teach to third graders. THIS IS LITERALLY CHILD'S PLAY. And yet, we have a whole army of people out there who like to think of themselves as "programmers" who can't even use a programming language to express a concept that we teach to third graders.

But what's much, much worse -- is that they don't even have the curiosity to find out. This guy learns that he is utterly deficient in one of the most fundamental math and programming concepts in existence: integer division and the remainder that it produces. So what does he do? Does he use this opportunity to realize his deficiency and learn something new? No -- of course not. Why would he fucking ever do that? Why would he not just blame everyone else for his deficiency?
>>
>>58241537
What bothers me the most is that there's plenty of these people who have jobs and at some point I'll probably lose my job because I'll have to demand they are fired or I leave.
>>
>>58239175
>declaring i in the for loop
>i = i -13 instead of i -= 13
>declaring main with arguments but don't use them
>no return
0/10
>>
>>58240379
>It had a pass-fail ratio of 1:1 and was the biggest reason for people in the CS program switching to the IT program.
>The idea that there are people out there with a BS in CS right now who can't into fizzbuzz is disheartening.
>A similar anecdote, a couple years ago, I was at a career fair for CS/IT people at my university, and I was talking to a booth who had one of the interviewers present, and he said, "the biggest thing about our interview is SQL. Nothing complex, just basic stuff, like one of the most complex interview questions getting everything where some value is equal to something," and I said, "really? that's just select whatever from table where whatever=whatever" and his response was, "yeah, you wouldn't believe it, but that question weeds out about 90% of applicants."

That is very sad, i'm an IT guy, not CS, yet I can write fizzbuzz in C, can barely do assembly - enough to decompile some programs in IDA and write simple cracks for them, and some moderate SQL from having to write reports for various management software like System Center. Why the fuck do these people get in to tens of thousands of dollars worth of debt to not even learn this shit? I never had anyone hold my hand, I just picked it up as I went along.
>>
>>58239175
>declaring i in the for loop
Legal C99
>i = i -13 instead of i -= 13
Subjective matter of taste
>no return
Optional. If omitted, return 0 is implied.
>>
>>58240136
>code
>7
I seriously hope you provide them with resources to research what roman numerals are and how they work. This shit is literally taught in first grade elementary schools (not in all of them) and completely forgotten afterwards. Nobody sane knows how to count above 30.
>10
I actually made this where you can play against an AI. Obviously, you would never win because of how moronic the game is.
>>
>>58241953
>Nobody sane knows how to count above 30.
XXXI? ffs even the super bowl numbers are above 30.
>>
>>58238985

My favorite passage:
>I found the solution on stack overflow and, in my honesty, linked it to the code.

I mean what was she thinking?
"Can you write this super simple programm?"
"No, but I can google it.. ..wait.. here, I found it!"
"Wow great! Can you start tomorrow?"
>>
>>58238985
It looks like satire to me.
>>
>>58238717
Isn't fizzbuzz a fancy way of 'can you do conditionals'?
>>
>>58238985
That's the problem. Most bootcamp devs have elementary level of Mathematics. So doing anything pasy the documentation of their hipster framework is considered too hard.

You should only look at documentation for syntax or gotchas not pajeets implementation of fizzbuzz.
>>
>>58242128
>he doesn't even know what Jacobian means
>thinks he knows Mathematics
>>
>>58242152
I know undergrad math through Chem. Which means linear algebra, calculus 2. I know more than those bootcamp devs but I'm not a code monkey.

My knowledge and skill would have me pick up languages and frameworks faster than codemonkeys.
>>
>>58241688
why the hell would you declare the i anywhere else than in the for loop
>>
>>58242417
Because he's a Windows user and Visual Studio doesn't support C99 :)
>>
c#
>>
>>58242436
Practically useless outside of M$ Windoze
>>
>>58238717
>>58238969
>>58239117
>>58239125
>>58239269

Honestly, this makes me so fucking mad. I study architecture, but decided to learn programming on my own. Even though I'm coming into the field from an "artsy" background and will probably never code anything important, I detest the attitude of these people. Just because you're a "creative" doesn't mean you get to ignore the fundamentals of your tools. Elegant and beautiful solutions in ANYTHING (either code, design, music or architecture) are achieved through mastering the chosen expressive language and underlying imperatives, not throwing together a bunch of shitty frameworks and GUI elements so it looks pretty but works like shit.
>>
>>58242444

trips for truth

the further away you move from M$ the better off you will be. They try to take control of peoples lives with .NET. Own naming conventions. Unique errors. Requires all these pre-installs. Etc. Who do they think they are?

>inb4 b-but c# is good for making gamez

yeah if you want to make a crap mobile game in Unity, sure
>>
>>58238673
Why isn't this thread over after this?
>>
>>58241982
>super bowl
Who the fuck still watches sports?
>>
>>58242495

me

go seacucks
>>
>>58242495
>Super Bowl XLIX, played on February 1, 2015 and broadcast by NBC in the U.S., was watched by more than 114.4 million viewers in the United States.
>>
>>58242505
t. retarded sheeple
>>
>>58242505
>United States
No fucks given
>>
>>58238856
kek
>>
Write a function that takes two strings as parameters and returns true if the strings are rotations of eachother. Return false if not.
>>
>>58241693
>Why the fuck do these people get in to tens of thousands of dollars worth of debt to not even learn this shit?

Because they don't learn that they don't have the talent for it until after they get in college.

It can all be explained by the fact that programming is a natural talent. You either have it, or you don't. If you don't have the talent, you can't learn it. And the talent is not evenly distributed -- some people with CS degrees don't have it, and some people with little education do have it.

This is a very politically incorrect thing to talk about, and is getting increasingly difficult to talk about as the years progress.

We don't seem to have this squeamishness about the idea of "natural talent" when it comes to athletics, acting, or music performance. If someone tries out for basketball and obviously doesn't have the coordination for it, it's okay to tell him: "sorry, but basketball just isn't your sport".

But in this new era of "every girl can be a coder", we must actively suppress the truth -- that coding is first and foremost a talent. It has nothing to do with gender, education, or interest. It is entirely dependent upon the way a person's brain happens to be organized.

If you teach students a few basic programming statements (assign, print, if, and while) plus the concept of the "mod" operator, then they will naturally arrange themselves into two distinct groups: those who have the ability to figure out fizzbuzz on their own, and those who do not. This talent appears immediately in their very first programming course, and is an excellent indicator of their probable future success in programming.

This is why they ask interview candidates to write fizzbuzz. It's a politically-correct way of finding out about a most deeply politically-incorrect truth: Does this candidate have the natural talent for coding, or not?
>>
>>58240098
nice loop syntax nerd
>>
Java

http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/java
>>
>>58243248
People shy away from it because it is scientifically incorrect not because its politically incorrect you moron. Just because somone laughs at you for having a certain political opinion doesn't make you correct.
>We don't seem to have this squeamishness about the idea of "natural talent" when it comes to athletics, acting, or music performance
All of these are examples of fields which take a shit load of practice to get good at. Athletics is the only one where genetics are involved at all and nobody will argue that being 7 foot tall wont help you play basketball.
>>
>>58243543
Science is poisoned by political correctness. You should only believe what you can see with your own eyes.
>>
Let's be honest here.

Prolog.
>>
Panini
>>
C+=
>>
>>58239947
another dirtier solution:
var fizzorbuzz = false;
for (var i = 1; i <= 100; i++) {
fizzorbuzz = false;
if (i % 3 == 0) {
fizzorbuzz = true;
document.write("Fizz");
}
if (i % 5 == 0) {
fizzorbuzz = true;
document.write("Buzz");
}
if (!fizzorbuzz)
document.write(i);
document.write("<br />");
}
>>
>>58238669
are you turkish?
>>
>>58239842
Whenever you want anon, Gopher only "solves" this problem by being less accessible to normies. A Gopher server can just as easily serve up HTML, CSS, and Javascript instead of text menus and documents.
>>
>>58238717
>Except for JavaScript "engineering" and anything related to algorithms, my technical skills are sharp.
>>
File: ss+(2016-12-30+at+08.31.12).png (8KB, 708x172px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-12-30+at+08.31.12).png
8KB, 708x172px
>>58238717
this is gold
>>
>>58244003
>C plus assignment
>>
>>58243543
>People shy away from it because it is scientifically incorrect not because its politically incorrect you moron.
>invoking SCIENCE!
>without referencing a scientific experiment that supposedly proves the claim

I hate people who do this.

To the question: IQ is strongly influenced by genetics and programming is a g loaded task. But even within a group of higher IQ individuals there are indications that programming ability still requires a certain type of brain organization. I've known smart (above average IQ) people who could not program.

Such people can learn some design patterns and therefore do some work, but they constantly stumble on bugs and issues that would be obvious to a talented programmer. Ask them to code an algorithm they've never seen before and they are fucked.

>>We don't seem to have this squeamishness about the idea of "natural talent" when it comes to athletics, acting, or music performance
>All of these are examples of fields which take a shit load of practice to get good at. Athletics is the only one where genetics are involved at all

Holy shit, you seriously believe genetics plays no role in acting or musical ability?

And yet you will make an appeal to #Science?
>>
>>58244553
>Gopher only "solves" this problem by being less accessible to normies.
So it solves the problem.

>>58244819
C+EQUALITY you shitlord.

https://github.com/ErisBlastar/cplusequality
>>
>>58238687
Let me to interject for a moment, but what you refer to as "Lisp" is actually GNU/Lisp, or as I recently been taken to calling it, GNU Lisp
>>
>>58245680
>So it solves the problem.
Yes, but not if everyone moved to Gopher, so there's not much point asking when we'll "return" instead of just setting up a Gopherhole and diving in to Gopherspace today.
>>
>>58239570
>ballsy enough to do it in Prolog
Jesus Christ my dick is hard.
>>
>>58238641
Java
>>
>>58245680
That would be C+==
>>
>>58246164
>not sure if troll or too autistic to get the actual joke
>>
File: h345.png (71KB, 822x603px) Image search: [Google]
h345.png
71KB, 822x603px
>>58239293
>document.getElementId
>>
>>58238717
People are surrounded by idiots for their entire life.
Demonstrating some basic shreds of competency among idiots will get you recognized as a contributing member of idiot society.
The moment you run into someone who isn't an idiot and get called on your utter bullshit, you get BTFO, and since your entire life thus far has reinforced the notion that you're competent, obviously this is an error and they must be full of shit to imply you're full of shit, so you retreat back to the mediocrity of your own kind where you are again praised as the marginally competent idiot you are.

I want to pop so many egos.
>>
>>58240317
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3rFQwTWyRc
>>
>>58238717
I think the comments are even worse:

>This post is near and dear to me and all to similar to many “interviews” I’ve been on. The whole fixbuzz thing is a huge joke. I have never used the or heard of PHP’s modulous operator before or since I failed the fizzbuzz test.
>I’m also learning that if you have mastered all the skills listed in the description then why would you be interested in their company? You’d be at Google or something.
>After consulting for a while (many interviews) I now go in more confident than ever. This is who I am, this is what I’ve done and this is where I’m going. Any time that approach doesn’t work I have not wanted to be there anyways and the times it has worked I’ve spent time at the company. :)

>Fixbuzz
>Modulous
>if you have mastered all the skills listed in the description...you’d be at Google or something

AHAHAHAHA

>I use modulus math on a somewhat regular basis.
>Just last week, I was using it to split a number into three subgroups (Microsoft decided to store time as a number, where first two are hour, second two are minutes, third two are seconds).
>Not the same as fizz-buzz per-say, but knowing it’s available makes problem solving easier.

How the fuck does modulus even help here?
>>
>>58246108
It's Erlang.
However, you can have this Prolog piece of code.
decrementer(X, Y, Z) :-
Z < X,
X_new is X - Y,
writeln(X),
decrementer(X_new, Y, Z).
>>
>>58246164
Don't fucking mansplain to me shitlord! RAPE!
>>
>>58238658
> Rust
JUST
>>
>>58246460
>X_new
Dafuq kinda ugly naming convention is that? Kill yourself.
>>
>>58246513
What's the problem?
>>
>>58246307
to extract the digits mathematically I suppose, as opposed to converting to a string and splitting every two characters.

You can see every time the number is % 100 you extract the last two digits (which is seconds/minutes/hours), then you / 100 and repeat:

223344 % 100 == 44 (seconds)
223344 / 100 == 2233
2233 % 100 == 33 (minutes)
2233 / 100 == 22
22 % 100 == 22 (hours)
>>
File: muh grill.jpg (8KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
muh grill.jpg
8KB, 229x220px
>>58244785
3 does apply to me and most of /g/ and rightfully so when they are so stupid they can't do a simple fizzy
>>
File: pikachu_1715.png (56KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu_1715.png
56KB, 256x256px
>>58246498
That's it. We need to come up with a new programming language. It must be named RAPE.
>>
File: ppPVJvz.jpg (69KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ppPVJvz.jpg
69KB, 500x500px
>>58246810
Recursively Automated Programming Engine

It means jack shit but it's a cover for RAPE.
>>
>>58246810
RAPE is a language that compiles to Nock.
In RAPE, each numerical operator is replaced with an ASCII penis of equivalent length.
Example operators: 8D, 8=D, 8==D, 8===D, etc...
Additionally, brackets are styled as charmingly mustachio'd gentlerapists.
Examples: :{ , }:

Here's a small snippet of RAPE:
:{ 8=========D 8==D :{ 8D 8=D }: }:
>>
>>58247102
Those unfamiliar with Nock are advised to familiarize themselves:
https://github.com/cgyarvin/urbit/blob/master/doc/book/1-nock.markdown
>>
>>58241138
Actually for 3), the solution is 2

Split in 3/3/2 and mesure both 3/3. that's 1 step
If they have the same weight, then you weight the two last marbles, and you get the answer : 2 step
If they don't have the same weight, that means that the heavier one is one of the 3 marbles. Take the 3 again and split them again : the result is the heavier one, or the one left if the wieght is the same.
>>
>>58247102
It looks more like ebin language :-DDDDD
>>
>>58239947
>>58244166
g-guys, why are you guys doing it without elseif/else?

what is wrong with this?
for (i=1;i<100;i++) {
if (i % 3 == 0 && i % 5 == 0) console.log('fizzbuzz');
else if (i % 3 == 0) console.log('fizz');
else if (i % 5 == 0) console.log('buzz');
else console.log(i);
}
>>
>>58238645
This.

People get the wrong impression they can get away with only knowing pure C.

In reality it's not worth dwelling on it in the 21st century.
>>
>>58247583
Why do you need elseif, if you can check both remainders, so they put fizz and buzz, and later put \n?
>>
>>58240136
Programming 8 is VERY language-dependent. I hope that's part of its purpose.
>>
>>58248052
No it's not, it's very easy. In pseudocode

int counter = 0
bool full
int dupe

for a in array:
counter + 1
iterate through entire array
if (a == array element) and (index of a != index of element) dupe = a

if counter == 1000 full = true else full = false

pint full & dupe

I mean it's probably not very efficient because you iterate through the array for each element but it gets the job done and for 1000 elements the algo will be instantaneous anyway.
>>
>>58248052
>>58249361
or did you mean explaining malloc? i assumed you meant the coding problem
>>
>>58238687
I know lisp for AutoCAD and it's SHIT. S H I T.

The language is so shit that if you are doing some fast scripts, it's better to use python with an DXF extension. And if you are doing some advanced stuff (in Autocad? In 2016? KEK), you are better off using some objectARX wrapper instead.

Lisp is a legacy language and not worth getting into.
>>
>>58247617
I know, after I realized how useless C was I want on to learn 6502 Assembly and now my life is much more productive.

define good $0D
LDA #good
CMP 0C
BNE AbstractInefficientLanguage
AbstractInefficientLanguage:
BRK
>>
>>58247167
Yep, didn't have trouble with the rest of the questions but that one got me good. Did you google it or know the answer beforehand?
>>
>>58247617
>get away with only knowing pure C
Are you speaking from an employment perspective? Not everyone does programming professionally.
>>
lisp
all those parenthesis are fucking stupid yet people still shill the living shit out of lisps
>>
>>58249687
This board is the only place I see people talking about lisp. I'm still not sure if they are being ironic or not. What's the point of using lisp today?
>>
>>58249708
>What's the point of using lisp today?
there are plenty of libraries for it and it can get the job done, depending on the job
if you already know lisp it can be as good a language as any other
>>
File: haskell-logo.jpg (25KB, 431x172px) Image search: [Google]
haskell-logo.jpg
25KB, 431x172px
>>58238717
fizzBuzz :: Int -> String
fizzBuzz x
| mod x 15 == 0 = FizzBuzz
| mod x 5 == 0 = Buzz
| mod x 3 == 0 = Fizz
| otherwise = show x

main :: IO()
main = do
putStrLn $ intercalate " " $ map fizzBuzz [1..100]

Cfags jelly of muh syntax
>>
File: fizzbuzz.png (19KB, 573x210px) Image search: [Google]
fizzbuzz.png
19KB, 573x210px
>>58238717
Fizzbuzz even works in the comment section as well.
>>
File: buzzlightyear.png (6KB, 158x24px) Image search: [Google]
buzzlightyear.png
6KB, 158x24px
>>58250041
>>
>>58249760
so the best argument is
>well if you already know it you can skip learning something better
>>
>>58250137
kek. Seems that /g/ is full of 40 years old developers
>>
>>58250137
But better is subjective. If a programming language can do something and perform at a certain speed that is acceptable by the users, that language is as perfect as can be. Why is, say, python better than Lisp other than because it has more libraries? Python is actually slower.

I can ask the same question back to you
>well if you already know a slower kiddy language you can skip learning something that performs better

Languages are just tools and if the one you have works then it's better to be productive and do something than be a dumb academic learning more theory.

Paul Graham has done more working on Lisp than you will most likely ever do on your whole career. And you have the nerve to call your approach better.
>>
>>58238856
hahaha
>>
>>58239665
personally if I tried it I'd do it like this

| pointer to a struct (node) containing:
| the element
| pointer to child node

the stack itself would have a single pointer to the head

though I went and saw that the java standard library stack is implemented using an array. Any reason to preference one over the other?
>>
>>58250921
I didnt call my approach better. i didnt even say it was bad reason to use it, just that its a pretty weak reason.
the guy was asking if there was any reason to use it, and...the answer was, "only if you already know it". come on.
>>
>>58250978
CPU cache

>pop the head
>the cpu actually reads not only the head but memory near it and caches it
>pop the next element in the list
>in a linked list: the next element could be anywhere in memory, so you are more likely to need to read again
>in an array: the next element is probably in the cache so you don't need to read again

linked lists have an advantage when inserting/deleting from arbitrary places but a major disadvantage when reading, and a stack doesn't even need the former advantage since insertion/deletion takes place only at one end.
>>
File: sUSy5Onl.jpg (45KB, 640x422px) Image search: [Google]
sUSy5Onl.jpg
45KB, 640x422px
>>58238717
Jesus christ, that challenge is a piece of piss to solve lol
>>
idk what the hell this thread is about but as a cs student therell be a time when I understand all of this shit and meme with you all
i look forward to that time
happy new year ^:)
>>
>>58251285
Mr. CS student, to understand all of this you need to know one thing:
More abstraction = more meme.
Know this and you can't go wrong.
>>
Objective-C or whatever the Applefags use nowadays,
>>
>>58239245
I really like working with NodeJS. Am I a cuck?
>>
>>58251700
As long as you can do a fizzbuzz you're probably alright.
>>
>>58238641
lolcode

All other answers are under 18.
>>
>>58249687
Those parentheses are there for a reason. They were initially a stopgap until m-expressions could be implemented, but it turned out that nobody wanted nor needed them. Lisp's homoiconicity facilitates metaprogramming that no other language can match. Just admit that you're a baby duck and a total brainlet and call it a day.
>>
>>58238717
You're a fuckstick.

This is the kind of person that isn't a programmer and will never do anything with a framework ever because they're a fucking front end web designer.

The entire point of that post is that the ad did not match the position and the guy who wrote it clearly just took a bunch of buzzwords and called them qualifications.
>>
>>58240136
a = [... Array(101).keys()]
a.forEach((e, i) => a[i] = e == Math.floor(e / 2) * 2 ? e + " is even" : e + " is odd")
>>
>>58251894
Ooh or
Math.floor(e) - e === 0

static_cast<int>(e) - e == 0
>>
>>58238717
Easy solution.
fizzbuzz(100);
It's my pseudo function I made from my pseudo library.
>>
File: niklaus_wirth.jpg (110KB, 944x531px) Image search: [Google]
niklaus_wirth.jpg
110KB, 944x531px
>>58238645
FPBP.
>>
Swift, Go, Rust, Ruby

Because they are all used based on hype and edgyness.
>>
>>58238717
ffs, even in the javascript codecademy course one of the lessons requires you make a fizzbuzz function to continue
>>
>>58252042
But OMG MATH.
>>
File: 1483088344283.png (592KB, 854x853px) Image search: [Google]
1483088344283.png
592KB, 854x853px
>>58238856
fixed it for you
>>
>>58240393
if you can program a binary tree on assembly, fizzbuzz is stupid shit in comparison
>>
>>58238641
Haskell.
>>
Brainfuck.
>>
>>58244785
>5. know how to use the modulo operator and not be mentally disabled
>>
>>58238902
You're objectively wrong desu
>>
>>58252357
Oh wow a serious answer.
>>
>>58238645
How am I making 6 figures doing pure c then?
>>
PHP you will end up doing web dev and kill yourself at 35 years old.
>>
>>58244785
modulo was explained to me in about 10 minutes. thats the only "special" bit of knowledge you need.
>>
>>58252712
And professional developers have no excuse for not knowing how to use it.
>>
>>58241129
You're an idiot kid.
>>
>>58252712
10 minutes for modulo? That should take no more than 30 seconds... max
>>
>>58238717
I don't understand the shit with fizzbuzz. I remember the term from comp sci 1 in freshmen year of HS, but I needed to look it up to refresh my mind on what it was. Literally just printing fizz for multiples of 3 and buzz for multiples of 5 from 1-100. You could learn to do that in probably 20 minutes if you have any sort of logical capabilities. Did she just go in for an interview without even understanding the first thing about programming? Did she even have the courtesy to watch a few minutes of pajeet's youtube tutorials before wasting the employer's time? This kind of shit gives women in comp sci a bad name.
>>
File: coffee.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>>58240496

Highly underrated comment
>>
>>58252957
thats because you're a super genius. can i please suck your cock?
>>
>>58252964
i dunno if you've been to uni for compsci but by the time you get a degree half your class will have managed to learn nothing about programming.
>>
File: 1299749236427 - Copy.jpg (19KB, 243x240px) Image search: [Google]
1299749236427 - Copy.jpg
19KB, 243x240px
>>58252993
> modulo
> super genius
>>
>>58252964
Yeah, these people make poo-in-loos look like geniuses.
>>
int main()
{
for(int x = 1; x <= 100; x++){
if(x % 3 == 0 && x % 5 != 0){
cout << "fizz" << endl;
}
if(x % 5 == 0 && x % 3 != 0){
cout << "buzz" << endl;
}
if(x % 5 == 0 && x % 3 == 0){
cout << "fizzbuzz" << endl;
}
if(x % 5 != 0 && x % 3 != 0){
cout << x << endl;
}
}

i gone done and did it
>>
>>58253094
Cool you've beat 99.5% of programmers.
>>
>>58238717
n % 3 == 0, print "fizz"
n % 5 == 0, print "buzz"
Else
print n

>inb4 S0 MATHEMATICAL!!
>>
python/ruby/lua
>>
Should I go to college to learn how to program well and really learn it or is this something that can be done alone and well? I'm no genius but I do have that autistic drive
>>
>>58239585
>language
This is probably bait but take a (you)
>>
File: power2_trace.jpg (107KB, 1225x490px) Image search: [Google]
power2_trace.jpg
107KB, 1225x490px
>>58247028
It will be functional to make all the programmers look smart.
However, it will have a shit ton of standard libraries until it's more bloated than Python. That way, nobody has to do real low-level work.
Then, when it's fully complete, it will have a visual editor to be a{r,u}tistic.
>>
>>58253274
my brother is a web developer for some company based in germany, he makes about 5k a year and he has a degree in electronics from itt tech. i have a friend that does some kind of scripting for someone out in california(not sure exactly what he does) and he has no degree and makes about the same as my brother.

i have never met anyone with a compsci degree that is a programmer. i'm sure it doesn't hurt at all but teaching yourself and meeting people is way more important than the degree.

i'm thinking about switching from comp sci to business myself. half the work and i could probably bs enough to convince someone its relevant to a developers job.
>>
>>58253299
>5k a month
>>
>>58253193
>no fizzbuzz
>prints the numbers and the word
6/10
>>
>>58252712
>>58252957
It's nothing more than "Its the remainder when you divide by it" or "It's like a clock that goes to 12 and then clocks back to 0", Takes 30 seconds at most, >10 if explained well.
>>
why are people making fun of indian programmers when they're actually really pragmatic programmers and could solve that fizz buzz shit?
>>
File: Lies.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Lies.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>>58252682
>>
>>58239208

wut
>>
>>58240317

It's a well established me to say "t. pajeet", but this comes across very strongly as written by an Indian.
>>
>>58238717
> Except for JavaScript "engineering" and anything related to algorithms, my technical skills are sharp.

w-what ? thats the job
>>
>>58246207

I started using Typescript a while back and noted that every use of document.getElementId ever was an error.

Thing is, JS devs never consider that this can return null, and if you don't check for this behaviour, this occurrence is just going to lead to a shitgasm of "undefined is undefined" type browser errors if someone calls your script before rendering the relevant container.
>>
>>58249763
Absolutely beautiful Based Haksell Anon
>>
File: 20yroldcrystalpepsi.jpg (55KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
20yroldcrystalpepsi.jpg
55KB, 500x447px
>>58238717
BUZZ
>>
>>58241138
For number 2: The hour hand moves as well as the minute hand. Since the minute hand is 1/4th of the way through an hour, the hour hand will be 1/4th of the way between 12 and 1. The angle between 12 and 1 is 30 deg, so the hour hand will be at 30/4 = 7.5 deg (from the vertical). So the angle between the minute hand and the hour hand will be 90 - 7.5 = 92.5
>>
>>58238641
Brainfuck (it's literally called brainfuck. google it)
>>
File: 1446196506.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1446196506.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>58253956
>90 - 7.5 = 92.5
>>
>>58253972
Typo lol
>>
>>58239967
Just lie and say you have a degree. They don't even check. If it makes you feel better you can even buy a fake diploma off tor
>>
what is a programming language
>>
>>58249448
>AutoCAD
>relevant opinion at all
>>
why are linked lists in C considered as the holy Grail of programming?
>>
>>58254114
People have to use it to avoid being NEETs faggot.
>>
>>58253094
>Stl io
Disgusting, just use printf
>>
>>58238641
HTML

You might reply by saying it's not a programming language.
Well, the beany wearing nu-male hipster in my engineering class begs to differ.
>>
>>58254188

because youre dealing with the actual hardware
>>
>>58249448
I feel for you, anon. AutoCANCER is the worst case program there is
>>
>>58254665
>2016
>Using licensing dongles
>Not having a plan to deprecate them in the next four hours
>Using licensing dongles in 2017
>>
>>58238985
did you make that image? How?
>>
>>58240136
i'm 18 and I can do this shit in four languages.

Second year, Computer Engineering.
>>
>>58254640
CSS is technically a Turing-complete language, but please don't tell him that...
>>
>>58254918
He thinks HTML is a programming language. There's no way he knows what Turing-complete means.
>>
>>58238717
Like fizzbuzz is simple as shit, like less than 10 lines, I wrote it in about 30 seconds the other day in powershell when I was just sitting thinking about some active directory stuff.
>>
File: banana-300x194.jpg (15KB, 300x194px) Image search: [Google]
banana-300x194.jpg
15KB, 300x194px
>>58240317
>that language structure
>>
>>58239175
Fixed:
#include<stdio.h>

int main( int argc, char *argv[])
for (int i=700, i>201; i-=13)
printf("\n%d", i);
>>
>>58255081
Functions always need the curly brackets, even if there is only 1 statement.
>>
>>58255081
>i>201
just kill me right now

>>58255087
You learn somethign new erryday
>>
in PHP
<?php
echo implode("\n",range(700,200,13));
?>

>using for loops.
>>
In haskell:

prelude > [700,887..200]
>>
>>58255130

goddamnit
>>
>>58255130
Is Haskell only a meme or is it actually useful?
>>
>>58255158
it has a very steep learning curve, and it is useful but only in programs that use math a LOT. you don't want to do web shit with haskell even if you can, trust me.

It will give you valuable perspective on how to approach problems from a different POV. That's it. You don't have to use it, but there's no cons not learning it.

Or you could just learn OCaml.
>>
>>58255158
It's useful if you need it.

Otherwise you'll just be frustrated with other languages since something that can be done in haskell with a single line will take like 10+ line function in others. Hello JAVA, enterprise your asshole.
>>
>>58255202
>it has a very steep learning curve
Don't kid yourself.
Haskell isn't hard, it's just different to what people are used to.
>>
>>58238641
Python
>>
>>58255273
A steep learning curve does not imply it is hard, anon.

Stop projecting.
>>
>>58240136
IT engineer with 5+ years of REAL Java experience.

1, 2 = trivial, ok.
3 nice one, variants are clever, a stressed candidate might fail.
4 ambiguous, do you want 12, 24, 36...?
5 Had to think a bit on how would I shuffle cards. Give them the array of Strings (cards).
6 I hate that, fuck you.
7 This is pure torture. delet this.
8 Not trivial, several solutions, can be compute heavy or memory heavy. Expect them to fail.
9 Hard, I think I would fail.
10 I would take an absurd (for an interview) amount of time.

1 Don't understand.
2 Structure is a collection of fields, classes add methods?
3 String has methods? hard?
4 To make a singleton, database connection for example? OK
5 No real world case come to mind, hard.
6 To represent chars (Fuck you Java with your signed byte)/epoch time, OK
7 self access to object in method code, local variable with the same name as a field. not trivial.
8 get a pointer to a unuzed memory space of specified size. OK
9 OK
10 OK, self taught programmers will fail.

1 dunno
2 WTF
3 dichotomic search, non trivial but very nice.
4 fuck you, I hate stats.
5 variation of a dichotomic search? hard, ask anyway.
6 too long.
7 OK
8 do a ping? wtf.jpg
9 Very nice, can bring some creativity.
10 wtf.jpg
>>
>>58240496
10/10
>>
>>58238985
>fizzb
Anyone know how to make something like this?
>>
>>58256368
Sorry for the greentext, somehow it got in.
>>
>>58255453
What an absolute fucking brainlet you are
>>
>>58253872
FEED
>>
>>58252712
>10 minutes
Anon, this stuff is taught in primary school, except not in the syntax of whatever programming language you're using. Are you perhaps suffering from Common Core?
>>
>>58255453
you are the problem.
>>
File: csharp.jpg (80KB, 350x393px) Image search: [Google]
csharp.jpg
80KB, 350x393px
>>58238717
using System;

namespace ConsoleApp
{
class Program
{
static void Main()
{
for (int i = 1; i <= 100; i++)
{
Console.WriteLine(i % 3 == 0 && i % 5 == 0 ? "FizzBuzz" : i % 5 == 0 ? "Buzz" : i % 3 == 0 ? "Fizz" : i.ToString());
}
}
}
}
>>
>>58256805
>four levels of indentation
>way more than 80 characters wide
>the main function is already indented twice

bruh
>>
>>58254114
says the unemployed autist
>>
>>58240136
Your evaluation in italics below the Code part is really off. The reality is much worse than you think. There are tons of entry-level programmers who wouldn't be able to do 9-10 in two hours.
>>
>>58257121
I can understand people not being able to do 9-10 if they are in the middle of learning to code, but if you're seeking a job those questions should be trivial.
>>
>>58256805
I hope you realize it's worse than simple if else if else if else blocks because it compiles to the same thing but is less readable.
>>
>>58257182
I'm working as a programmer (and it's not PHP or JavaScript) for over two years now and I don't find it trivial at all. Like I said, you have no idea what the real average level in the industry is.
>>
>>58257516
I forgot to add: what you need for a low level programming job is not the knowledge of fancy algorithms, but the knowledge of frameworks and the language. 99% of the time you'll be doing boring shit and actual, meaningful problem solving will be rare. A lot of companies care more for developing speed than for minute details and optimization.
>>
>>58246530
Ah yeah, that works. Damn these web developers are smart.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.