[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here own a Google Home/Amazon Echo? I've been thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

Anyone here own a Google Home/Amazon Echo?

I've been thinking of picking up one of the two but I'm curious if they're actually useful to have. Just curious if any /g/ents have one.

Pic unrelated
>>
Surprised they don't give them away for free with the amount of gathering those things do.
>>
>murder solved by an echo
And /g/ told me the botnet was bad
>>
>>58235148
My friend has one.

It is fun to toy around but I am not sure how useful is it.
>>
File: Rii-sans_Boobs.png (675KB, 1289x719px) Image search: [Google]
Rii-sans_Boobs.png
675KB, 1289x719px
>>58235148
No, but my cousins do. I told his Google Home to play KMFDM, and later I told it to suck my dick. It couldn't help me w/ the second one.
>>
File: 1482978497702.gif (1KB, 127x133px)
1482978497702.gif
1KB, 127x133px
Tempted to hit up the worst tech store in existence and pick up a Google Home and a Chromecast Audio so I can be a lazy piece of shit and so I don't have to worry about "muh wires" and so I can use "muh voice".
Just seems like a glorified Google Now but that's exactly what I'm looking for

>>58235510
>It couldn't help me w/ the second one.
Kek
>>
>>58235148
I have an Echo and, it's pretty nice. I use it for a lot of different things, home automation, shopping lists, weather, news...etc. I do worry about the botnet though
>>
File: why.jpg (9KB, 170x296px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
9KB, 170x296px
> even considering one of those useless things
>>
File: 1482993771698.jpg (29KB, 223x424px) Image search: [Google]
1482993771698.jpg
29KB, 223x424px
>>58235769
>muh botnet
at this point I don't even care about the botnet anymore, I already have a smartphone so why fucking bother.
>>
If you're gonna get a Google Home get it fast, you get YouTube Red 6 months for free until the new year.

Overall the google home is fantastic, only problem I have is working around IFTT
>>
>>58235148
just so you know, they play advertisements.

>Okay Google, what's the news for today?
>Did you know you can save 15% or more on car insurance by switching to--
>Okay Google, stop.
>>
>>58235958
lying out of your ass famalamadingdong
>>
>>58236103
>not just using the better "pham"
Fag
>>
>>58236103
No I'm not. My relative got Google Home, I asked it for the news, it started reading an advertisement to me.
>>
>>58235818
it's not even about botnet, it's about the fact that they're useless. They barely understand anything and the things they are good at you can do in two seconds at your computer anyways
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.