[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hpg/ - Headphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 371
Thread images: 43

File: mdsasdaads.jpg (65KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
mdsasdaads.jpg
65KB, 500x333px
~~ PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE ~~

>Headphone purchase advice
http://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.
If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Last thread:
>>58213418
>>
Posted in last thread, but it's archived now.

>Budget
$100 - $200
>Location
US
>Source
Garbage (Phone jack, laptop jack, low quality music player)
>Type of headphone
Over-ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
High
>Sound signature
V-Shape
>Past headphones
m50: Good sound. Thought they were uncomfortable
VModa M100: Same as above
>Other
Prefer folding headphones if possible.

Looking at DT770, but they're not folding.
>>
File: Headphonesandaudioshit3.jpg (354KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Headphonesandaudioshit3.jpg
354KB, 2000x2000px
So is ebay the best way to sell headphones?

also post yours too
>>
File: 1473854992022.jpg (55KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
1473854992022.jpg
55KB, 500x540px
Got my HD 600's today, now I'm just waiting for the Fulla 2 to arrive.
>>
If I'm looking at a DAC/Amp combo to purely power headphones not looking for any fancy features or switches for multiple outs or transformers for speakers or anything what's best at 100USD or lower?
Eventually going to be used for AKG 712s or possibly BD880s, current headphones don't need anything special to drive them but looking forward to the future
Portability isn't a concern, gonna be sitting on a desk.
>>
>>58232407
The K712 is shit, get a 702 or 7XX instead
>>
>>58232322

>>58231431
>>
>>58232432
It's the other way around.
>>
>>58232348
Got my fulla 2 yesterday and it sounds great so far. I wouldn't say it's on par with my magni but it's a great portable solution which is what I wanted. Build quality is also 10/10
>>
>>58232407
Micca Origen. Great value and sounds great for a starter budget.
>>
>>58232571
Sounds good. Well yeah I don't expect it to be on par with the Magni/Modi stack, but I didn't really feel like spending that much money so I'm excited. Portability also sounds nice, but it'll just sit on my desk.
>>
>>58232625
You'll be happy with it for sure. Maybe get a dedicated power supply if you're using it as a permanent solution. Might as well take the strain of your USB port if you can.

Also the mini USB connector was tight on mine but I read you can loosen up the case then retighten once you plug it in. I just jammed it in and it's fine now.
>>
>>58232683
By dedicated power supply, do you just mean using something like a phone charger connected to it? Also, if it works, I'm planning on plugging both my speakers and my headphones into it. Would I just connect the Fulla 2 my PC and,the 3.5mm from my speakers into the back of the Fulla?
>>
>>58232496
Haven't gotten to modding them yet aside from a new cable and pads, they are more well rounded (work well for alot of different music) than the DT880
>>
>>58232407
e0k
>>
>>58232848
>>58232407
e10k*
>>
>>58232432
The 7xx is nearly identical to the 712, it just has more bass
>>
I... I'm not sure what I want.

I've always used earbuds. I'd prefer neutral/accurate sound and probably for the thing to be wireless and maybe also have a microphone. Not sure about that last part though since I have a mic already and rarely use it. Suppose it could come in handy for a call?

I dunno man.
>>
>>58232891
and its cheaper
>>
>>58232903
They both cost the same, 7xx is around 200 in US and the 712 is around 200 in EU
>>
>>58232902
Actually I'd prefer it to have controls. That usually includes a mic, right?
>>
>>58232611
Can only find the Origen+, did the original get phased out? Stretching a little beyond my budget

>>58232858
Will check this out too thanks, good power for its price?

Also as a completely separate question what spec determines how well a phone can drive some headphones? Loudspeaker power? Just curious.
>>
>Budget
$60-$90
>Location
US
>Source
FiiO X1 Gen 2
>Type of headpone
IEM's
>Comfort level
Decent
>Sound signature
Don't know but I listen to a lot of EDM with bass
>Past headphones
NarMoo S1 High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones

I'm looking at the Shure SE215-K but I read reviews saying that they don't have a lot of bass
>>
>>58232824
Don't pads kill the low end on them?
>>
>>58232916
the amp
>>
Got a question about headphone power:

I've got Sennheiser HD598s which I know aren't top shelf, but they are capable of good mid-range sound.

I also have a Schiit Magni/Modi combo but I haven't been using the amp at all. I have a really nice old NAD Power Envelope amp I use to power my speakers and honestly the headphone output from that sounds much nicer. It's got a solid, deeper sound and overall seems more "rich" as opposed to the cool neutrality of the Schiit, which is a little less involving and quite weak in the low end for these cans.

My question is, is there no getting around this with the Magni, or is it more an issue with the headphones? I'd much rather use the Magni when I'm not using my speakers due to the wonderfully low noise floor (my NAD has a pretty dirty, buzzy background with headphones) and also there's no need for me to have a big hefty power amp sucking juice and turning my money into heat when I'm not using my speakers.

Has anyone else compared the Magni to other similarly priced headphone amps or directly compared it with the headphone stages of good hifi amps? Is it just that I need better headphones?

help
>>
>>58232925
e10
>>
Is there any significant difference in quality between HD 668Bs and HD 681 EVOs? And does anyone know how they fit turned towards the back of the head/neck?
>>
>>58232287
MDR-1A only folds flat, and it's not a v-shape. Also you have to ship it from Amazon.co.uk to get it for under 200. Still a really solid option.
>>
>>58232959
buy headphones that have your preferred sound profile
>>
>>58232947
Not shure 1540 pads, bass is still good
>>
>>58233090
>preferred sound profile

I clearly just explained that the "Sound Profile" of my headphones changes quite significantly over two different sources. You really genuinely provided nothing useful with that statement.
>>
>>58233147
you have a good amp and a bad amp
you dislike the good amp because it doesn't change your headphones to your preferred sound profile

the solution to this is to either EQ, which is a bad thing or buy headphones that suit your preferred sound profile

AKA buy some bassier headphones you nigger
>>
>>58233198
>either EQ, which is a bad thing
why is it a bad thing?
>>
>>58232959
>as opposed to the cool neutrality of the Schiit,
How can neutral be cool? Those headphones simply don't have much bass. The schiit is showing you how the headphone sounds exactly
>>
>>58232348
I can't speak on the fulla 2 but it looks a bit of a meme. I use my 600's with the e10k and it's all you need. Either way you bought the best headphones.
>>
>>58233198
>>58233258
I suppose this makes sense. I really just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced the Schiit as sounding flat and uninspired, or if my hifi setup just has a sub-par headphone stage that's coloring the sound and making it seem thicker.

Given I enjoy the very natural sounding midrange of the Sennheisers and have a particular appreciation for headphones with a deep sound stage, what would you recommend? I like most aspects of the Sennies, including the structure/evenness of the bass, but I would prefer that the bass was more in line and didn't roll off. I guess they could be a little brighter too.
>>
>>58233241
changing the sound profile of your headphones always comes with distortion, some handle it better than others and with some minor tweaks it won't be very noticable, but it's still there and it's still a bad thing

in a perfect scenario nobody has to alter the sound profile of their equipment, either voluntarily or involuntarily

>>58233403
dt880, dt990 if you're a REAL nigger
>>
>>58233241
Artificially colors the sound. Adds noise to the signal chain. Degrades the overall signal. Also opens the system up to unnaturally large power spikes at high volumes.

Overall transparency of an EQ highly depends on the quality and engineering of the components used. Really, EQs are mostly good for pro-audio environments where you're trying to make up for issues with room-based reflections and resonances; not for trying to pick up the slack up poor quality speakers and components that will never sound good.
>>
>>58233403
>if anyone else had experienced the Schiit as sounding flat and uninspired
Nah, the 598 is flat and uninspired.
>>
>>58233443
>Overall transparency of an EQ highly depends on the quality and engineering of the components used.
I'm just talking about EQAPO https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

>>58233438
>changing the sound profile of your headphones always comes with distortion
Even if all you're doing is reducing certain frequencies?
>>
>>58233438
>dt880, dt990 if you're a REAL nigger
I'd avoid this unless you really like ear piercing treble
>>
>>58233241
It's not. Quite the opposite if you know what you are doing and are using a good parametric equalizer, preferably software one. Can't believe there are people still advocating against DSP correction.
>>
>>58233473
he said he wanted more treble as well, so I gave him more treble
dt880 isn't that bright
>>
I bought a pair of IEM a few weeks ago for €70. Shure SE215. They are good. But I am not satisfied and want to sell them to buy another IEM.

I've been using this site to help me decide what IEM to consider purchasing. Is it a site I can trust?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-352-iems-compared-pump-audio-earphones-added-04-03-16-p-1106.

I want the best of the best, but I'm looking for IEM suited to these keywords especially:
clean accurate detail clarity analytical crisp definition precision resolution focused neutral realistic three-dimensional depth clear transparent raw crystal-clear texture impeccable fidelity tight.

What would you recommended? I want a noticeable step up from the Shure SE215.
>>
>>58232959
Sounds like a case of high output impedance, low damping, which results into very warm sound on those Sennheisers and apparently you prefer it. You can just... "correct" the response with a magical software called equalizer.
>>
>>58233594
Would you recommend the SE215 for someone on a budget? Also how is the bass?
>>
>>58233594
half of those keywords are memes
that isn't a site, but a thread, it's a single person's opinion
>>
>>58233594
>>58233699

1More Triple Driver
>>
Is there a guide to HI-FI audio?

I lost my music library and want to rebuild in FLAC and have a nice comfy listening room.

I also want to buy CDs and more vinyl
>>
>>58233838
any measurements or are we going by someone saying something about them somewhere therefore they are good?
>>
>>58233699
>Would you recommend the SE215 for someone on a budget? Also how is the bass?
Yeah I'd recommended them if you are willing to pay around that price. The bass is real good. I'm no expert though so look for a second opinion. The Shure SE215 are in high regard. I feel a bit self-conscious wearing them in public because they look a bit odd.
>>
>>58232974
668B's have more bass [midbass especially]

they'd probably work tilted back but im not sure why you'd want that

the clamp is fairly tight stock.
>>
>>58233723
If I knew what I was talking about I wouldn't consult anonymous people on 4chan. You know what I want - I want to hear every aspect of the sound.
>>
>Budget
100 Euros

>Location
EU

>Source
Phone, Sansa Fuze

>Type of headpone
IEM

>Comfort level
Good, with a firm seating

>Sound signature
Not anemic

>Past headphones
SoundMagic PL30, Sennheiser CX300

Been looking at Focal Sphear and 1MORE E1001.
>>
>>58233965
honestly you'd probably get that with any good headphones regardless of the sound profile

>>58234009
se215
>>
>>58232322
Home:
Phillips 9500S + Boom Pro

Work:
Sennheiser HD 598 CS

In shipping:
Phillips A5 Pro
Sony MDR-V6

Returned:
Phillips Fidelio X2
AKG K550

Future Purchase:
Sennheiser HD 6XX + ??? Amp

Rate me, /hpg/
>>
>>58234063
Why did you return the X2?
>>
>>58234105
>In shipping:
>Phillips A5 Pro

He's a nigger.
>>
>>58234105
Not comfy enough, gave me headaches if I wore them for too long. I liked their sound and the look and feel, but for $200 I'm not keeping them around for short listening periods.

AKG K550 wasn't bad, I just wasn't impressed enough to keep them versus the others.

>>58234131
That bass heavy, huh? I just wanted to try a closed back Phillips.
>>
File: 41QdG4tbt9L.jpg (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41QdG4tbt9L.jpg
17KB, 500x500px
Thoughts on the newer Xiaomi earbuds?

I think they're called the Xiao MIs.

Worth getting? My old earbuds just crapped out and I loved the Piston 2s.
>>
>>58234199
>That bass heavy, huh? I just wanted to try a closed back Phillips.
They're bass-focused closed-backs with very good isolation so the nigger factor is very prominent. Don't get me wrong, they're amazing, especially the build quality and materials (beyers got nothing on those) but they aren't meant for home listening, it's DJ gear for very noise environments.
>>
What are the pair of cans that you own, that you can wear 5+ hours and not feel a thing?
MDR-V6 w/ Velour pads here
>>
Anyone own Philips SHP9500's?

Looking to get my first pair of decent headphones (everything I've owned have been cheap Walmart ones) and these seem to be good, and they're on for a real good price on Newegg right now.
>>
>>58234288
ATH-AD700, can wear them 24/7 if you want, you don't even feel them.

>>58234301
They're a complete steal for americans due to the extremely low price, grab them without doubt.
>>
File: 919sBjrIW7L._SL1500_.jpg (279KB, 1471x1500px) Image search: [Google]
919sBjrIW7L._SL1500_.jpg
279KB, 1471x1500px
Do these memes sound good?
>>
>>58233403
>>58233241
>>58233458
That's more pathological aversion to equalization. It's like scrawling CDs with green markers, a practice born out of astounding ignorance.

You can screw up the signal by using an EQ badly, but you can avoid that by keeping simple considerations in mind.
-The biggest one by far is mismanaged gain. You want to avoid clipping the signal digitally. Counteract the EQ boosts by sliding back the preamp/gain to prevent digital overload.
-Some EQs really do just suck, and are practically defective by design (foobar2k, winamp...). Mercifully, most parametric EQs such as EQAPO, and plenty of VST/AU plugins aren't broken.
-A long way down the line is using the wrong type of phase shift. Most consumer EQ is of the minimum phase type (you can assume that by default), and you'll want to stick with that. Linear phase, even if it sounds fancy and is more computationally intensive, is really a niche EQ meant for adjustments in a very specific case.

>Even if all you're doing is reducing certain frequencies?
If you're worrying about quantization noise from the LSBs in float-point and not frequency domain errors - you've picked on something that could almost be relevant (quantization) and ignored the glaring, very easily detected (linear) problems you have.
If you're worrying about linear excursion limits, the previous statement is still mostly applicable here, even if the excursion issue can be audible.
>>
>>58234288
9500's and hd 600's
>>
>>58234315
>They're a complete steal for americans due to the extremely low price, grab them without doubt.
I'm in Canada, but yeah they're real cheap. They're like $150 on Amazon right now but $65 (+ $7 shipping) on Newegg. Gonna order them real soon unless someone replies with a reason not too soon.
>>
>>58234301
Keep in mind they're for home use, not travel or office, but yeah, pick up a pair.

They use bog standard 3.5mm cables, so that's a big plus.

>>58234315
ATH-AD700X or AD900X as good, or just the 700 series?
>>
>>58234372
>ATH-AD700X or AD900X as good, or just the 700 series?

They seem to have the same build, size and suspension system, might be heavier though? Dunno, look at specs.
>>
>>58234288
598's
dont have em anymore but they were nice
DT 770's with velours get close.
>>
>>58234288
M-Audio HDH50
BT DT-250

But they all depend on your head size/shape
>>
Can anyone explain me how the fuck virtualization IPs work?

Like, for example, I have the IP 177.77.77.69 on my Windows 10 (external and static) and I make a virtual machine with Centos and the external ip is 177.77.77.69 because they literally share the network. Now let's say I install ssh on Centos and try to connect from outside. I ssh the ip mentioned before and I connect there, right? How does it make a difference between the host and the VM if they both have the same ip? how does it even work

i'm a little bit drunk so sorry if this doesn't make sense
>>
>>58234670
>i'm a little bit drunk
It shows
>>
>Budget
Probably 300 USD max

>Location
New Zealand but have access to a pretty reliable freight forwarding service if need be

>Source
Possibly a Modi 2/Magni 2 but still haven't decided what AMP/DAC I will go with

>Type of headphone
Full-sized

>Open or closed
No major preference

>Comfort level
Comfort is nice but not at the expense of sound quality

>Sound signature
No idea

>Past headphones
m50s which I was happy with

ty
>>
>>58232322

Is the fiio x3?
>>
are 9500s a good choice for someone who mostly listens to rock/metal?
>>
Found a good deal on headphones, but it's from a seller called Beach Camera, and most of their headphones dont have reviews.
It seems sketchy, but it's a real website, just selling through Amazon?

Is it worth trying it?
>>
>>58234365
You really can't go wrong with that price.
Some consider them the lesser soundstaged babybrother to HD600s.
I bought them at 80 and incredibly satisfied with what I got for that.
>>
>>58234316
I'd like to know too
>>
Anyone tried ATH-R70x? They seem to have good reviews and a sweet price point but I have never seen them mentioned here.
>>
>>58234316
no they are shit
>>
File: IMG_20161230_140434.jpg (1MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161230_140434.jpg
1MB, 2160x3840px
Just picked up Sennheiser 471 for about $90
How did I do?
>>
>>58235482
>literally a model from 70s revived because of autism
>good

>>58235545
They're going to snap or one channel will die within a couple of months top.
>>
>>58235551
Been looking online about them and most sources are saying build quality is decent
>>
>>58235182
What headphones? They've got MDR-V6's on sale for $65 through Newegg and I've been thinking of getting them.
>>
File: hpg.jpg (724KB, 1126x2414px) Image search: [Google]
hpg.jpg
724KB, 1126x2414px
>Budget
$250
>Location
Australia
>Source
FiiO E10K Olympus 2/smartphone
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Open or closed
Open?
>Comfort level
Comfy pls
>Sound signature
neutral.
>Past headphones
Pic related

Most expensive IEM was a $150 a-Jays Fives but I lost them somehow. Something that securely fits too.
>>
>>58235607
The T50rp, they come with a small Amp+ Case.
They have drones that have plenty of reviews. Google and business reviews say it's an OK site, but Yelp says it's a fucking trap. People on Yelp have all just had bad returns.
>>
>>58234872
You really can't find better headphones at that $50 price range than the SHP9500's. Fairly detailed across the frequency response but there is room for improvement. You'll have to spend at least $200 and above for anything significantly better though.
>>
>Budget
less than 150$ preferably but negotiable
>Location
USA
>Source
PC
>Type of headphone
Over the ear
>Open or closed
Either
>Comfort level
Comfy
>Sound signature
Don't really care

My main criteria is I want something bulletproof. I'm fed up with cheap shit that breaks in half after a couple months of light use. I don't care about sound quality, I already have a quality amp and speakers for serious listening. This is just for occasional multiplayer gaming so I need a mike.

When I was in the military I saw a lot of people at work with aviation-style headsets that were PC-compatible and built like tanks. That's the kind of shit I want. Don't care if it sounds like ass, it just needs to have a mike and last forever.
>>
>>58235750
http://www.newegg.com/Mktplace/SellerProfile.aspx?SellerId=AC4Z
wew laddie
Not sure if I wanna go through with this right now. You'd think Newegg would get on this company's ass after all these complaints but the headphones just went on sale today.
>>
File: A few headphones.png (462KB, 3000x950px) Image search: [Google]
A few headphones.png
462KB, 3000x950px
>>58232322
Head-Fi usually works better at that.

I have not and will not bother updating this.
>>
>>58236233
Yeah after reading what you just posted, I'll just pay $160 for the headphones and get it from Fostex, I'm not taking a chance dealing with that shit when I'm dropping a good amount of money
>>
Fiio E17 amp, Fidelio x2 or akg k712s bros
>>
>>58234365
Canadian here, I got them a few weeks ago for $65.

The only thing you need to consider is how far you sit from your sound source, the cable it comes with is 5ft. If you sit about 4ft from your sound source then you'll need to buy a longer 3.5mm cable, because if the cable is pulling at all it decreases the clamp force and they'll slip around on your head.

With an 8ft cable they are a pretty great deal.
>>
File: 61JcYeMnkzL._SY450_[1].jpg (19KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
61JcYeMnkzL._SY450_[1].jpg
19KB, 337x450px
alright so my philips shp9500(s) arrived today and they're pretty alright
just switched from my steelseries v1 i've been using for around 7 years, nearly exactly the same except a little clearer

still would like to try out some m-100s though. wish they were in retail stores so i could just nab a pair and try em out
>>
Is the Superflux 683b still relevant? Looking for some cheap cans for music listening and gaymen.
>>
>>58236233
Well, I wouldn't buy a TV/monitor from them, but I'm OK with headphones
>>
>fell for the beyer comfy meme

Got 880 pros and their clamp is insane. I know it'll wear but jesus.
>>
>>58236720
>pro
>comfy
Who the fuck ever said that? Premium models are.
>>
>>58235718
Sennheiser IE80 are god-tier and within your budget. You won't find better IEMs in that price range.
>>
>>58232916
The plus is the one I was referring to. I'm sure you can find the original but you're better off with the plus. The 7 dollar stretch is worth it you won't be disappointed.
>>
File: Siberia_350.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Siberia_350.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
I got some SteelSeries Siberia 350 and they have a fucking white noise.

If support doesnt do anything I'll return them.

Can any kind anon help me out maybe?
>>
>>58236861
>Can any kind anon help me out maybe?
Sure. Get a hammer and do some percussive maintenance on it. All the noise will be gone after few blows.

PS: Why didn't you ask for advice BEFORE buying that peice of shit?
>>
>>58232742
Yeah a phone charger would work. A 5v one should work fine. Yes the fulla has an output for speakers in the back but take note it's a preamp out. That means it won't power your speakers by itself. You need active speakers so if your speakers have their own power supply or are very small you'll be fine.
>>
File: 1452330840292.png (95KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1452330840292.png
95KB, 700x700px
What's the point of buying v-shaped sound sig headphones when you can achieve the v-shaped sound after 10 seconds with an EQ?

It's much harder to turn v-phones into neutral ones...
>>
>>58236935
A good set of V-shaped headphones will sound better than EQ neutral ones as the drivers just aren't made to be v-shaped. You'll never get that boomy bass you're looking for or those super pronounced highs.
>>
>>58236913
Because I honestly needed a headset ASAP and the first reviews on these were good, avaiable on a local store and VERY comfy.
>>
>>58237019
they seem to be fake leather. that means they won't be comfy after an hour or use. if you want comfy go for velour. also, that clamp looks like it will squeeze your brain out of your head after few hours.

anyway, return it and ask for advice here.
>>
File: 0580440006072-399x325.jpg (31KB, 399x325px) Image search: [Google]
0580440006072-399x325.jpg
31KB, 399x325px
The Ear Pads on my Ath AD1000x's are fucking painfully. Anyone know where I could get some really big and soft pads that would fit them.
>>
>>58235718
>Open?
It means heavily ventilated, low isolation.
>Pic related
Tell us about them, that's why you bother listening them.

>>58236822
>Sennheiser IE80 are god-tier
Doesn't fit the request.

>>58236861
USB issues? Move it around and move other connectors away from the headset.

>>58236935
>>58236973
Do you know how to add and subtract?
Do you know how to multiply and divide?
Exponents and logarithms?

V-shaped sets are generally bad at being V-shaped. They usually end up that way because someone couldn't reign in a breakup mode or designed a silly ported enclosure for the driver or something.
>>
>>58232154
About to pull the trigger on m40x

Anything that can beat them?
>>
>Budget
$10 - $30
>Location
US
>Source
Phone
>Type of headphone
In-ear
>Comfort level
Comfy
>Sound signature
Don't have enough experience for a preference
>Past headphones
Owned the Piston 2 and 3s. Preferred the sound of the 2s.

What's the best bang for my buck for this poorfag budget?
>>
thinking about getting some RHA T10 IEMs. Anybody have an alternative to this or something thats better for around this price? (150max)
>>
>>58233594
The dunu Titan 1 or fiio ex1 to me sound absolutely amazing. They seem very accurate. Other ones in the same range as shure are also the gr07, re400, etymotics...etc. from personal experience even the baby Etys have the most clarity. But the Titans combine that with better bass response
>>
File: 1460553861682.jpg (63KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
1460553861682.jpg
63KB, 770x433px
Bose SoundTrue Around-Ear

>Overall, the headphones are accurate, deliver good, well-defined bass, and are fairly open-sounding for a closed-back headphone. I should make it clear that this isn't a bass-heavy headphone, and those who crave more bass will most likely be disappointed.

Looks like the perfect portable closed back headphones for the /g/ listener who doesn't typically obsess over base. Am I wrong?
>>
File: 1455453741940.jpg (2MB, 3719x2092px) Image search: [Google]
1455453741940.jpg
2MB, 3719x2092px
my meme headphones finally came in this morning and I've been trying them out

they're pretty good and comfy, but they're really not that much better than what i was using before (audio technica ad700).

the cable is also ridiculously small compared to the ad700 cable, like i'm only using this at home and need a long cable. replacement cables are also a problem because there are allegedly raised posts inside the jack on the headphones for sennheiser's locking mechanism, so only sennheiser cables will go all the way inside, which would be like another 18$.

bought this thinking it was better than the ad700 and because my ad700's were getting all shabby. i might just return these and get new pads for the ad700.

/blogpost
>>
>>58236558
Why do you say that?
>>
File: wojack.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
wojack.png
7KB, 645x773px
I got my 598SE today, my first real pair of headphones, and I think I like my /csg/ rock zircons better.
>>
>>58237487
Those are inferior to yours in every way pretty much, they might be a bit more bassy but that's about it.
>>
>>58237618
alright that's what i suspected, will probably just return them then, thanks
>>
Is it worth getting the HD 598s if I'm not gonna use a AMP anyway? Planning to use them for my phone and computer.
>>
>>58237733
Yes, they don't require anything special to drive them
>>
I'm looking to drop up to 300$ on a pair of worth it in-ear headphones, or IEMS, or whatever. I've been looking at one that you send a mold of your ear that they mold the earphone after, as well as the Sennheiser Momentum, and was wondering if anyone could give me directions. My favorite past earphone has been the Kilpsch S4, fit the most comfortable in ear and sound was pretty great, but just looking to upgrade now. thanks in advance
>>
File: 990pro[1].jpg (45KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
990pro[1].jpg
45KB, 750x500px
thinking of getting dt 990
any sound difference between 32ohm and 250ohm?

would i need an amp for either of em? source is currently pc mobo (no soundcard)
answers to those questions on other sites are always yes, no, yes, no. maybe.
i don't know what to believe
>>
>>58237804
The higher the impedance, the better is the sound, provided they're driven properly.

If you have no amp, grab 32 ohm premium, pros are 250 and considerably worse comfort wise.

I'd recommend you get Fidelio X2 though, they have a similar sound signature but much more refined and without ear raping treble.
>>
I'm shopping for a small DAC for casual listening. My main requirements are that it doesn't sound like shit, is small, and has good battery life in the $200~300 range.

I've mostly narrowed it down to two candidates; cowon plenue d and the NW-A35. Are there any other models I should be looking at? Between the two, which would you suggest?
>>
>>58237804
>any sound difference between 32ohm and 250ohm?
In theory 250 ohm one is more resistant to interference.

>would i need an amp for either of em? source is currently pc mobo (no soundcard)
32 ohm one will work fine without any issues. 250 ohm version will most likely need some kind of amplifier, most motherboards struggle with 50 ohm headphones already. A simple USB DAC stick like Dragonfly Black should be good enough however.
>>
Are those shitty little USB "sound cards" with nothing but two ports for your headphones and microphone good for anything? Seems redundant to me. I'm talking those tiny ones, not bigger ones that actually may well have a nice DAC built into them.
>>
>>58237854
>USB DAC stick

what's the difference between a dac stick and a sound card?

do all sound cards have dac built into it?
>>
File: 1407686398445.jpg (91KB, 389x389px) Image search: [Google]
1407686398445.jpg
91KB, 389x389px
>>58237900
>do all sound cards have dac built into it?
>>
>>58237789
bump : (
>>
>>58237900
Even mobos without external sound cards have built in DAC capability. Your phone has DAC capability.
DAC just means changing a digital signal to analog.
But a dedicated DAC built purely for that purpose will give a far more transparent signal and allows you to amplify without getting distortion and noise.
Also a DAC stick is a lot more portable than a sound card you plug into your computer
>>
>>58237958
alright thanks
>>
>>58237824
>>58237854
thank you for the quick replies, anons
if the main difference audio-wise is interference i think i'll check out the 32ohms

the fidelio x2s seem pretty nice also, but over $100 more than the 990 32ohms. might check them out later if theres a better sale
>>
>>58237990
Dunno, 990s seem to be hit and miss, most of people can't stand their treble, some love them. I do quite like them actually, the 600 ohm version to be specific, and for the current price they're a bargain. Try out the 32 ohm version if you can safely return it.
>>
>>58238022
yeah i've seen some anons complain about that, but i've hardly made an entry into audiophile territory so i don't quite understand what it feels like yet
but yeah planned on returning em if they were a miss (like the meme of the year cans)
>>
File: repair complete.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
repair complete.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>Budget
$100-200
>Location
United States
>Source
PC (USB, audio)
>Type of headphone
Circumaural (over-ear)
>Open or closed
Closed (max isolation, work with servers)
>Comfort level
High, use 16 hours per day for VOIP.
>Sound signature

>Past headphones
Creative Tactic3D Omega - Liked sound and steel headband. Brackets snapped off on earcups after a year but made a cheesy repair that actually is far more sturdy. My current set, but earpads are coming apart due to age and wear.
Creative Tactic3D Wrath - Liked sound and the steel headband. Batteries went tits-up.
Plantronics Gamecom 377 - Headband snapped on half trying to get it on my head, second one fell apart out of the box.
Plantronics .Audio 770 - Shitty sound, shitty microphone, poor isolation.
>>
>>58238066
Not that anon you're talking to, I had 990's recently and wanted to like them but the treble spike was just too much at times. They sounded really great for lighter music like jazz but I couldn't listen to electronic music with them for a long period of time. The treble spike was just way too much in music like that and unfortunately that makes up most of my library, ended up returning them.
>>
>>58236008
thanks, anon (if you even see this).
>>
File: 1475258277841.gif (2MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
1475258277841.gif
2MB, 356x200px
>>58236502
P-please respond
>>
File: cover.jpg (196KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
196KB, 470x470px
>>58238124
well dang thanks for the heads up. thats pretty much all i've been listening to lately (edm and weeb garbage)
came down to these because i really didn't like the closed back, and seems the options for open are pretty limited for what i might have been looking for
>>
File: headset_snapped.jpg (465KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
headset_snapped.jpg
465KB, 816x612px
>>58238084
I should also mention I do gaymen on these.

For anyone who buys the Tactic3D series: The brackets ALWAYS snap. They have a manufacturing error with the screw studs where the plastic molding process fucks up and weakens the studs, leaving a crack right where they meet up with the rest of the bracket. They then both snap off after a few months of use due to fatigue.

I've had to repair all of my Tactic3Ds like this (although I used some bolts at first, which hurts like dick on your head). The zipties are actually more durable than the original hardware and provide a tighter feel.
>>
>>58237756
Hmmm. Was planning to buy them while staying in Hong Kong but upon checking out a couple online stores they're literally triple the price?

Am I being chinked?
>>
I want a switch to toggle between headphones and speakers. Seems pretty much all products are $30 despite the simplicity of the circuit, so I figure I'll make one myself. Attempt to find the pinout for a 3 pole switch, though, and the results are NOTHING but guitar stomp box circuits.

Help me. Alternatively, is there a $20-$50 DAC that includes toggleable outputs?
>>
>>58238362
Link to stores web page, just in case.
http://www.headphone.com.hk/product_info.php/products_id/779

For clarification, 8 HKD is roughly 1 dollary doo so they're asking for the headphones for twice, nearly thrice the price?

I can also buy the shure se215s, they also seem to be good, and are priced much more fairly
>>
Are planars and electrostatic actually an upgrade or just snake oil?
>>
PLEASE RESPOND

IEM

I currently have Shure SE215s. They are cutting out on rotation. Want to get a new pair of something, wondering what my options are outside of Shure.
>>
>>58233594

>I want the best of the best

Campfire Audio Andromeda. Save up your Eurobux, friend.
>>
>>58238632

Fill
Out
The
Form

http://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub
>>
>Budget
€300
>Location
Germany
>Source
e10k
>Type of headphone
Over-ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Max comfy, comfiness over sound quality
>Music type
Classical, Vocal church music (Palestrina)
>>
>>58238779

>Budget
unlimited

>Location
USA

>Source
iphone 7

>Type of headphone
IEM

>Open or closed
skip

>Comfort level
whatever

>Sound signature
accurate but with bass

>Past headphones
Shure SE215s
>>
File: amp.jpg (1MB, 3693x1525px) Image search: [Google]
amp.jpg
1MB, 3693x1525px
Just got pic related for Christmas off my dad, how did I do?

It's definitely really old as everything he owns is. What does it compare to? Any ideas on value.
>>
File: i married a child.png (308KB, 348x375px) Image search: [Google]
i married a child.png
308KB, 348x375px
>>58238779
tfw you fill out the form, put some time into it, and get one reply that didnt exactly read your post
>>
>>58238979
i wish i could marry an anime child
>>
>>58238834

Campfire Audio Vega
>>
>>58238834

Etymotic ER4XR
>>
>>58232154
Say one product that beats an MDR1a and is closed back

Bonus if under $200 like the MDR1a

You can't
>>
Been struggling to find the comfiest headphones.

Tried:
Denon D2k, D5k
AKG 612
ATH M50
DT770
Senn 558, 598, 600

Still haven't found the right ones in terms of comfort. My ears are just really sensitive to touch so i'd rather have something that doesn't touch them at all.
The DT770s have probably been the comfiest, but still not quite there for me.

Would prefer open backed, and under 300.
>>
>>58239173
try SHP9500, it has huge pads
also k702 is light, comfy pads, but I hate that hdp
>doesn't touch them at all
yeah, go full autism HD800
>>
>>58239220
Thanks, i'll take a look at those Philips.
I assumed the pads on most of the AKGs are all pretty much the same no? They all have a similar design at least.
Unfortunately the K612 Pros that i'm wearing right now just aren't doing it for me. Shitty headband, and the pads are just too stiff.
Yeah i'm picky as hell, but surely there's some out there that don't cost an arm and a leg like the 800s.

I hear good things about the MDR MA900 but it's a bit over my price range to get them here in Straya
>>
File: 1468477848311.gif (114KB, 281x649px) Image search: [Google]
1468477848311.gif
114KB, 281x649px
Just got my new AKG K7XX's from Massdrop lads, nice upgrade from the M50's I had.
>>
File: prohd.jpg (194KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
prohd.jpg
194KB, 2560x1440px
>>58234246
That's the old model. Pic related is the current iteration. Both are Pro models. Current one is called Pro HD. Note: HD.

http://www.mi.com/en/headphonespro/
http://www.mi.com/en/headphonesprohd/
>>
>>58239165
Where are you finding them for under $200, both Amazon and my local Fry's have them for $300.
>>
Are Grados any good? I never see them talked about here.
>>
>>58239565
I wouldn't unless you like to have the treble come out of your eyes.
>>
Akg k712s or Fidelio x2s? Using an E17 as amp and wearing them for 10h daily
>>
so now the dust settled
are the sennheiser 598cs just closed back 598?

tried out and not sure if I like the soundstage.
>>
>>58238652
>getting IEMs from inefficient small-scale manufacturer
>he seriously doesn't know what is QA/QC, MOQs and economies of scale in manufacturing
>implying some chimp who has never had acoustic engineering expertise can suddenly build competent headphones/IEMs in his garage

People who lap up shit from outfits such as Fitear, Campfire, MrSpeakers or ZMF ought to die.
>>
>>58239173
>>58239220

Second the SHP9500S, although I don't mind the HD 598CS.
>>
>>58239763
I still have my 558s, but they have this weird plastic pieces that sit on the rear of the drivers that always irritate the tip of my ear.
Do the 598s and the 598CS still have that same thing?
Honestly can't remember if the plain 598s have them.
Coz that shit is a real deal breaker
>>
>>58239267
yeah, all the open AKGs are similar, just clamping force and build quality is different
>>
what is /g/ take on wireless headphones?
>>
>>58239821
>https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones
Headphones are usually wired, and wireless headphones are normally thought of as inferior, due to the need to add extra components into the headphone. Sometimes companies make wireless versions of the headphones previously available in wired versions, such as the Sony MDR-R1BT. The cables for wired headphones come in detachable, and attached. Detachable cables offer more convenience, allowing different lengths of cables and cables with mics to be used.
>>
>>58239428
I bought a pair of PRO HD for me and my friend recently from GearBest. I don't have a those previous Hybrid earbuds to compare, but I have owned the Piston 2. I've noticed that they fit far better to my ears than Piston 2 which was too bulky.

PRO HD has supprising amount of bass, which might put some people off (not niggerbass tier imo). To me the bass has quite a bit of detail in it. I feel it that it might have some harshness in the treble, but not too ear-raping as my previous Astrotech AM-90 plugs had. Soundstage is also pretty damn good considering the price.

One small downside from the Piston 2 is that the remote + mic unit is hanging pretty high on the right side channel rather than being in the middle. Also the remote unit works on my WP 8.1 phone which is nice.

5/5 would recommend.
>>
>>58239855
i know they are normally thought of as inferior, but are they really? how much inferior? do they have interference?
>>
>>58237199
How about you pull the trigger on yourself?
>>
Sony MDR-1000X vs Sennheiser PXC 550 vs Bose QC 35

Thoughts?
>>
>>58240146
yes
>>
>>58236502
Do you mean the Superlux 668B?
They're good, but need modification to shine.

Superlux 662 EVO's are an all round better headphone, even without mods.
>>
>>58240319
>comparing open v shaped to, as far as I know, closed & neutral
hello?
>>
File: hero-black-rev01.png (155KB, 437x657px) Image search: [Google]
hero-black-rev01.png
155KB, 437x657px
>Budget
30-50 euroburgers
>Location
EU-Spain
>Source
Laptop (msi ge60-2pe apache pro, yes I regreat it deeply)
>Type of headphone
Closed Headset
>Comfort level
Comfy (won´t be much more than 3 hours using it at a time)
>Sound signature
Don't have enough experience for a preference (I´ll use it for gaming and tv/series/music in that order)
>Past headphones
Razer Kraken (pic related)

Picked them up for 40 euroburgers and lasted for 4 years and a 4 floors drop, comfy and an ok quality (as for my exerience), would like something similar without the gayming shit.
>>
>>58240361
skip out on a bit more and get hyperx cloud 1.They go for about 60'ish
(not the stinger, just the hyperx cloud)

maybe look around for the hyperx cloud core, it's supposed to be a cheaper version of the hyperx cloud 1 but with less accessories, but I can't seem to find it, let alone find it at a cheaper price
>>
>>58240361
K240
>>
>>58240447
>Type of headphone
>Closed
>>
>Budget
$400 AUD
>Location
Australia
>Source
Laptop, desktop PC eventually
>Type of headphone
full sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Comfortable
>Sound signature
Neutral
>Past headphones
Skullcandy headphones, which i can't remember what type they were. I can't remember any specifics about what i liked in them, i just know they were comfortable

I was looking at getting the Sennheiser PC 373D 7.1 Channel Headset. Because i would also like a mic with it and they looked pretty comfy.

Again, i ain't all that knowledgeable about headphones and if there are better ones on the market it would be nice to know about them, i just have no idea what to look for
>>
>>58240344
668b's aren't V-shaped.
They're bright with a midbass hump.
662 EVO's are an all round better sound, even though still being bright to an extent.
>>
File: 1481840283884.png (66KB, 231x181px) Image search: [Google]
1481840283884.png
66KB, 231x181px
>>58240440
>no gayming shit
hyperx
>>
>>58232154
Are there any good outdoor headphones for under €50?
>>
>>58240487
>outdoor headphones
w-what
>>
>>58237804
Buy 250 ohm
>>
I just got a new apogee groove for 150 dollars. I think i did pretty well.
>>
>>58240485
it's not shit though
you could pay the same amount for a takstar pro 80 and get no microphone, no second pair of earpads and no carrying case if you'd like
>>
>>58240610
>No inbuilt shitty microphone which further devaluates the quality of the build

Yep I´d rather get the akg k240 as the other anon suggested or even go cheaper and get a HD-668b or HD-669
>>
>>58240319
I meant hd681b, I have been away from headphones scene for quite a while but last I heard superlux made pretty good budget cans. Do they have something new to offer within 30 bucks price range these days?
>>
>>58240641
ok you're an inbred who doesn't know how to request things
go ahead then
>>
>>58240546
you know, for using when mowing the lawn when it's sumner, or walking to the stores. i don't want to be using my HD600 for that shit
>>
File: Nami_Anime_Pre_Timeskip.png (194KB, 269x641px) Image search: [Google]
Nami_Anime_Pre_Timeskip.png
194KB, 269x641px
>>58240665
>Deliberately ask for no gaymin headphones
>Recommends gaymin headphones that go over the budget
Not saying they´re shit desu anon but I don´t wan´t a shitty inbuilt mic and gaymin cheap plastic looks
>>
>>58240724
it's not a shitty mic and it's not cheap plastic

practically all gaming headsets are complete garbage, which is why they're hated
hyperx cloud is the exception because they took a great budget pair of headphones, added a mic without compromising the build or sound quality and kept it at the same price

I have both the 668B and hyperx cloud, with the leather pads the cloud is far too bassy for me, but with the included velour pads they sound practiclaly the same, minus the soundstage ofcourse
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1483105414376.png (279KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1483105414376.png
279KB, 720x720px
>>58232322
Gym-Jabra
Portable-M50x + 1more
Home-DT770 + Fidelio x2

Rate
>>
Sennheiser?
>>
>>58240940
Yes?
>>
>>58240979
One HD800, please.
>>
>>58241011
sorry, I can only give you two or more
>>
>>58241060
I'll have three, then.
>>
>>58241064
sent ;)
>>
>>58237854
>most motherboards struggle with 50 ohm headphones already
stop
>>
>>58241134
thanks
>>
>>58240664
681's are worse than 668b's imo
I'd still reccomend 662 EVO's
theyre about $28 USD on ebay from china
>>
File: glowing knife vs sennheiser.jpg (484KB, 1280x683px) Image search: [Google]
glowing knife vs sennheiser.jpg
484KB, 1280x683px
>>
>>58237854
You don't know what you're talking about
Impedance alone has no relevance on a headphone needing an amplifier.

T50RP's have an impedance of 50Ω but would need more amplification than HD600's with an impedance of 300Ω to reach the same sound level.

Please, read some posts. NWAVguy explains it fairly simply, if you just want a basic understanding. It's a common misnomer that keeps popping up here.
>>
>>58241280
I'm going to paint my car with that tone of red. How those videos went viral I'll never know.
>>
I have Sennheiser HD 518. What AMP would you get for these? Shouldn't be too expensive.
>>
>>58241402
I don't see you needing an amplifier for those. Even Lightning to 3,5mm TRS adapter should drive them fine.
>>
Could do with some advice desu senpai

>Budget
Not set in stone, but let's say 200 EUR, maybe 250 EUR if it's worth it.
>Location
Denmark, but any webshop within Europe should do fine as long as there's international shipping.
>Source
Phone and laptop, in public.
>Type
On-ear or over-ear, closed.
>Comfort level
They need to be very, very comfortable. This is more important than sound quality and looks, though I'd hope to get something good on all points at this kind of budget.
>Sound signature
Warm. I like a little emphasis on bass, but not in an overpowering or niggerbass-y way.
>Past headphones
Right now I have a pair of (white) Beyerdynamic Custom Street. I love how they sound with the bass slider in the middle position, but they sit a little too tight on my head and get uncomfortable after 45 minutes or so. I also quite like the aesthetic. Alternatively, does anyone know how to solve this issue ? Softer earpads and headband, maybe (where do you even buy those ? I know they can be swapped out, but I can't seem to find any aftermarket ones for this model) ?
>>
>>58241416
I don't know if my sound thingy on the MB sucks, but I can't really get much bass out of them.
>>
>>58241402
Your built in soundcard will drive them fine. 518's are fairly easy to drive.
>>
File: courtesy of archimago.png (7KB, 713x411px) Image search: [Google]
courtesy of archimago.png
7KB, 713x411px
>>58241456
Bass is not something you fix with an amplifier. It amplifies the signal, bass and other frequencies alike. A good amplifier can act as an impedance buffer, guarantee low noise and things like smooth attenuation but it will not do magic to some random range of frequencies. Unless your output right now is capacitor coupled or some other garbage which would act as a high pass filter of sorts in the circuit, you don't need a new amp but an EQ to bring up the bass.
>>
>Budget
€250
>Location
EU
>Source
E17
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
S+
>Sound signature
neutral, an upgrade in bass / soundstage if possible
>Past headphones
MDR MA900
>>
Does anyone know if 598/600/658 have the same chasis as pc360 (as in; if pc 360 clamps, the rest will?)
>>
>>58240457
it is closed you nigger
>>
>>58241666
K702, K7XX, K712

also what happened to the MA900, did it break?
>>
>>58241754
My pads are falling apart, had them for 2 years now.
Checked every sony authorized dealer and they're out of stock/not manufactured anymore, found them on a Japanese website but it'll cost €80 so I might as well upgrade.
>>
>>58239660
>MOQs and economies of scale
MOQ ties into the economy of scale, which is just a pricing advantage, not a technical one. The price advantage factor breaks down when you consider that a larger business incurs more costs and has more bureaucratic layers of inefficiency.

Acoustics design is still at the scale of a small design team instead of say, the gigafab wars between Intel, Samsung, and TSMC. It also isn't that much of an intellectual and design hurdle for someone who is familiar with another engineering discipline.
The biggest failing the small companies usually tend to have is quality control. Not enough checks and beta testing to catch defects and unexpected issues in what is not an exceedingly complex product.

I don't know about Campfire (Ken Ball at the helm inspires no confidence), but Fitear isn't a zero-engineering outfit. The prices and design are meant for the idiots, without a doubt.

>>58237854
The low impedance headphones are the more "difficult" loads to drive, in the sense of maintaining output linearity. The high Z stuff is less sensitive, all else equal.
>>
I have some best buy gift cards for $35
I'm thinking about picking up the Sennheiser HD558s which are on sale at $90

Probably the best deal I can get, no?
Been noticing that they've went up on sale on amazon too, I guess they're discontinuing them or something? What's up with that?
>>
>>58241767
just get some new pads

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-MDR-MA900-MA900-MA-900-Over-Ear-Headphone-Replacement-Ear-Pad-Ear-Cushion-/192041521801?hash=item2cb6911289:g:nHIAAOSw-0xYP7I9
>>
>>58241798
have you used these? there was another listing which had to be removed for the item not working as advertised
>>
>>58241737
http://www.akg.com/pro/p/k240studio
>b-but the mark II
http://www.akg.com/pro/p/k240mkii
>>
>>58241666
>MDR MA900
That is the comfy headphone of choice. Everything else...isn't. K702 pads aren't that soft, and for skulls like mine, not enough headband either.

>>58241676
>the same chasis
No. 600/650 both clamp, but they aren't the same.

>>58241775
>I guess they're discontinuing them or something?
New Sennheiser HD 559. Guess what price that slots into.
>>
>>58240553
any particular reason?
are they vastly superior to the 32ohm?
>>
>>58242336
yes
>>
File: 15c7d93894bb70e6fc4a9b727c4e306b.png (208KB, 1072x473px) Image search: [Google]
15c7d93894bb70e6fc4a9b727c4e306b.png
208KB, 1072x473px
>Budget
$150-$200 (Flexable)
>Location
Canada
>Source
HDMI Monitor
>Type of headphone
Full
>Open or closed
N/A
>Comfort level
Planning on wearing them for hours at a time so I'd like a high comfort level but it's not a deal breaker
>Sound signature
Balanced
>Past headphones
Sennheiser HD 201's

I'm curious about pic related but I'm not entirely sure. Are there any better ones for the price?
>>
Will I need something to drive the sph9500s I bought a e10k to go with it just to be sure.
>>
>>58242336
>are they vastly superior to the 32ohm?
It's the same, impedance and sensitivity difference aside.
You could say it's for the people who have devices with high output impedance, lazily designed receivers and mixing consoles.
>>
File: P1010093[1].jpg (59KB, 580x666px) Image search: [Google]
P1010093[1].jpg
59KB, 580x666px
I found a coupon code for a music gear shop in germany, which enables couple good deals for some heaphones.

Those 4 are pretty cheap combined with the coupon:

AKG K701 or the
AKG K702 for 125€

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro or
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro for 100€

I am thinking about getting the DT990 Pro, but I am not sure how comfortable those are, I read some bad reviews about the coiled wire, that the DT990 Edition one is far better for home usage.

Would be glad if somebody could approve or deny this choice, I'm not sure if I should choose the Beyerdynamic or the AKG.

>Source
Studio monitors (Behringer MS40) which have a headphone out.
>>
>>58242488
990 is for niggers
>>
>>58239011
>>58239084

Thank you very much
>>
>>58238789
hd600, They just need to be stretched out a bit at first but they're comfy as fuck
>>
File: DT.jpg (935KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DT.jpg
935KB, 2592x1944px
>>58242488
>I am thinking about getting the DT990 Pro, but I am not sure how comfortable those are,
I have the 770 and 990s and all I can really say on comfort is the foam on the 770 is a bit firmer and the 990 doesnt have quite as much clamp force. After you use them though they are both going to be just as comfortable, and that's pretty comfortable even with glasses.
>>
I need 2 different pairs of decent over-ear headphones that are essentially equal in sound quality while under $20 each. It is for two siblings, one male and one female, if that matters, under the age of 14.
>>
>>58242488
>I read some bad reviews about the coiled wire
Coiled wires are never bad. In fact they are objectively far superior to any other kind of wire

fight me
>>
Best wireless noise cancelling cans?
>>
>>58242668
Obviously you never tried to choke a bitch with a coiled wire.
>>
>>58242844

Bose QC35
>>
File: 95-1024x682.jpg (226KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
95-1024x682.jpg
226KB, 1024x682px
thinking about copping some v-moda m100s with XL pads to replace my ath-m50 memecans. I want more comfort, bass, and still have as much isolation as with the m50

>Budget
$150-$250
>Location
US
>Source
nothing special
>Type of headphone
Over-ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
hopefully better than the ath-m50. i have pretty big ears and don't like heat but isolation is a must
>Sound signature
more bassy, or balanced
>Past headphones
ath-m50
>Other
Needs to be portable/have enough isolation to wear next to people in the library
dt770 doesn't look portable enough
no IEMS
don't want to go back to m50

are the m100's a good/bad idea?

>>58232287
how was the comfort of the m100 compared to that of the m50? did you try using different pads with either of them? also is there a significant difference in bass?
>>
>Budget
£100-£200, flexible, but not more than £300
>Location
UK
>Source
Digital Piano (6.35mm / 1/4 inch)
>Type of headphone
Full-sized over-ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Very comfortable
>Sound signature
Neutral - for classical music/piano
>Other
Detachable, single sided cable
Helpful if it comes with a 3m cable and 1/4 inch adapter/jack, but I can buy those separately if needed
They don't need to have a high impedance
>>
>>58242375
M50x aren't even remotely close to balanced. They're highly V-shaped. Measurements show this as well.

Look to their 'little brother', the M40x. Same driver, same build other than aesthetics, and actually close to neutral. [and cheaper]

Both M50x and M40x have really quite uncomfortable pads. The reccomended ones are Brainwavz HM5 pleather pads. ~$22 USD off either Brainwavz's own site, or MP4nation. Free intl shipping.

M40x + HM5 pleather pads still cost less than M50x as well. Gives you more soundstage too.
>>
>>58243077
Can't recommend another pair, but I swapped out the horrible faux leather pads on my M50's for some soft velour ones off Amazon. I haven't noticed a change in isolation or sound signature and it was a lot cheaper than new cans.

I had the same problem with lack of bass too. Wasn't happy with Eq'ing so I got a Fiio E10k and now just leave its bass boost on all the time. Not ideal solutions, but perhaps something to consider.
>>
>>58242488
990's + an EQ for home use
770's if you want isolation for library use and such.
702's if you want closer to neutrality, or are one of the dumb cunts who refuses to EQ a headphone.
>>
>>58243189
just a note that the hm5 pads do eat away at the bass, and many people don't find the stock pads uncomfortable (unlike myself). if the heat was bothering you it only gets modestly better with the hm5s.
i was really interested in these hm5 hybrid pads on amazon but went with the leather ones instead
>>
File: wiEMzJg.png (39KB, 905x513px) Image search: [Google]
wiEMzJg.png
39KB, 905x513px
Can someone explain to me why raw measurements of most headphones have a huge +10/+12 dB bump around the 3KHz mark? Starts around 1KHz, peaks at 3KHz then goes down until about 5 to 6 KHz where, in the hd650s case, it hits a relatively flat frequency.
>>
>>58243077
M100's are good if you want thicc niggbass like M50x.
I'd personally take DT 770's, but as you've noticed, they're not a very portable headphone.
And yes, the XL pads do help significantly from the little bit I used them.
>>
File: 1472939331534.png (607KB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1472939331534.png
607KB, 800x1100px
Wwhat head phones are best for listening to porn

I like to sound whore
>>
Uh so I have had these Logitech G430s for about 2 and a half years now.

They're pretty well worn but at the time 60 bucks for a pair of decent surround sound headphones was a good deal. Since they are kinda beat up, i was looking to replace them

I saw that the Logitech G230s were effectively the same headphones but with different color accents and stereo instead of surround, but from what I suspect and what ive' seen, the surround sound part of the headphones comes from the USB sound card that's used with the G430

So would I be correct in assuming that I would effectively have a brand new pair of what is basically the same headphone for a fraction of the price or is there something more to that?
>>
>>58243279
The bass difference isn't that much. Though you're right.
People have said MSR7 pads are a better option for that reason. I've got a pair in the mail, and if they are as good as people are saying, they'll take over the spot for HM5 recommendations.
>>
>>58243258
>or are one of the dumb cunts who refuses to EQ a headphone.
Not the same anon but gamur headphones generally don't need any EQ cuz they already sound bassy, smooth and 0 fatigue. It's only natural to scratch the head when you spend 300€ on a pair of audiophile headphones and people tell you to EQ them - aren't they supposed to be better?
>>
>>58243258
>>58243351
That's the problem with people not trying expensive headphones before buying. Different cans have different sounds, you probably aren't going to get lucky and find your magic pair based off a few amazon reviews.

Telling somebody to EQ is like covering a steak you don't like with ketchup to make it taste better. Order the steak how you actually want it next time instead of thinking you were conned out of your money.
>>
>>58243431
>Order the steak how you actually want it
That's impossible in the case of headphones. Find me a pair of headphones that does't have a treble of sub bass rollof, that is compeltely and utterly flat without any peaks that need EQ - It doesn't exist and that's what I want therefore I use an EQ.

> inb4 it actually exists but costs upwards of 1000€
>>
>tfw you are stuck between two headphones and want to fucking buy one NOW
>>
>>58243483
Get both, choose your favorite, return the other
>>
>>58243491
Definitely don't want to do that, I'll end up keeping both
>>
>>58243522
Which ones by the way?
>>
>>58238084
Anyone?
>>
>>58243351
>but gamur headphones generally don't need any EQ cuz they already sound bassy, smooth and 0 fatigue
Not true at all, but okay. EQ isn't only for removing highs. Hell, a lot of people find bass fatiguing as well.
EQ is also to 'fill and cut' dips and peaks in a headphone's response, to make the response much more smooth, and all around better sounding.

>It's only natural to scratch the head when you spend 300€ on a pair of audiophile headphones and people tell you to EQ them - aren't they supposed to be better?

It's not. Everyone assumes people who are buying gaming headsets really don't care too much about audio quality, because they typically don't. That and it's not exactly easy to EQ a headphone on a console without having a proper physical EQ unit, which even then is flawed and a pain in the ass [and costly]

I EQ all my headphones, no matter the cost, other than when it isn't possible. It's impossible to get a headphone's response entirely smooth without it, otherwise we'd see insane measurements on shit like expensive Stax/Hifiman, or Orpheus' and the like. It's just not realistic.

>>58243431
No, that's not it at all. Read what I responded to the guy above with. EQ's aren't only to change the tonality of the headphone. If you're actually doing that to a significant extent, you're doing it wrong.

EQing 990's is really only cutting out the spike that some people find sibilant. The rest of the headphone is fantastic if you want V shaped open cans.

Your analogy is utter dogshit too.
>>
>>58238084
DT 770. Built like a tank, comfy, and isolate well. Get the 80 ohm if you don't already have a dedicated amp, or aren't planning on getting one.
>>
>>58243563
was going to ask about this, had my 80ohm 770's about a month now but only running off shitty pc output. advice on amp buying?
>>
>>58239660

Have you auditioned a pair from any of your mentioned outfits though? You can make any claims that you want about the lack of pedigree, but the proof is in the pudding.
>>
>>58243563
Thanks. Do these work well with wireless DACs?
>>
>>58242511
>Campfire Audio Vega
Vega is more of a V-shape. The 4XR fits better.
A modified Hidition NT6v2 would as well.

>>58242488
>AKG K701 or the
>AKG K702
Bah, there isn't much reason to pick up the 701 over the 702. 702 is the one with an easily detachable cable. If you wanted the 701, you might as well consider the 612.

>>58243598
Amplifier/DAC checklist:
-Is it too quiet?
-Is the output impedance too high (fixable by equalization)?
-Is there noise/EMI or hiss to it?
-Does it sound distorted as you start to crank up the volume?
If the answer is no, don't get one.
>>
>>58243598
80 ohm 770's are fine off on-board, though If you really want an amp, a DIY Classic 47, or DIY O2 are your best choices for price to performance.

If you don't want DIY, you may want to look at a DAC/Amp combo, since decent prebuilt Amps run about the same as a Combo, but you may as well get a DAC as well, and sacrifice a little in the amplification department, as you're running off on-board. I'd recommend the Fulla 2 if you go down that route. It's essentially a mini cheap Schiit Stack, obviously not quite on par, but for the price you won't get much better.
>>
>>58243531
DT770 and T50rp MKiii
>>
>>58243657
Wireless DAC?

I've genuinely never seen one. I can only assume they would.
>>
>>58243657

>-Is it too quiet? max volume is loud, but sort of underwhelmingly. could do with some more.
>-Is the output impedance too high (fixable by equalization)?
how would i know?
>-Is there noise/EMI or hiss to it?
yes and no, seems to depend on what my graphics card is doing, and oddly sometimes when my mouse moves. guess it's something to do with usb interference?
>-Does it sound distorted as you start to crank up the volume?
can max it without distortion
>>
>>58243736
I think they're so different you should really just get both
>>
>>58243767
>yes and no, seems to depend on what my graphics card is doing, and oddly sometimes when my mouse moves. guess it's something to do with usb interference?
This happens to me to. I hear my mouse moving.
>>
>>58243776
Yeah but I can only afford to waste money on one new pair.
Plus the T50 will require much more money put into it over time, so don't really need 2 now
>>
>>58243813
>Plus the T50 will require much more money put into it over time
why?
>>
>>58243824
Mods breh
>>
>>58243824
It won't. He doesn't know what he's talking about.
Mods are cheap. Its just clay, wool, and other basic materials. Other than pads, they're cheap. As long as you have time, they're a worthy purchase.
>>
>>58239510
Sony MDR-1A Headphone - Black (International Version U.S. warranty may not apply) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NW353KE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_AtQzybGV1WPEH
>>
7506 w/ detachable cable mod or M40X with HM5 pads for travelling? I had a pair of M40's some years ago and absolutely hated the clamp, have they alleviated that with the M40X or will the pads at least help with the comfort?
>>
>>58243858
>>58243824
Pads, clay, felt, rewiring cables, headstrap
>>
Are the cheap ass Kingston Drone headphones any good?
>>
>>58243890
Clay, felt, and cabling is all extremely cheap.

Headstraps are $10 dollars.

As I already said, pads are the only costly item.
>>
>>58243713

this?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-9v-12v-Classic-47-Audio-Headphone-Amplifier-Board-NE5532-OP-AMP-DIY-Kits/182111833055
>>
>>58243944
That's an option, but this one is an improved version.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Board-AMP-Module-Kit-For-Classic-47-DIY-Kit-Case/351783968630

Comes with a casing too.
This guy has a nice youtube video/tutorial on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b3R-JMspV0
>>
>>58243927
I mean I'm going to have to pay 33% of the price of the original product, so it's not just cheap as shit
>>
>>58243979
nice one, many thanks
>>
>>58243641
>Do these work well with wireless DACs?
You don't pair things with converters. You plug the headphones into an amplifier, which may or may not be included with the DAC. Still shouldn't think of it as a pair.

>>58243767
So the obvious question: how much can you buy and where are you buying from?
>>
What's the best way to get in contact with the Russian FSB or the Chinese?
Let's say I have a buddy in the US military who can leak juice details, troop locations etc, and we want to sell it
>>
>>58243986
$22 for HM5 hybrids, at most $10 dollars in materials, and $10 dollars for the strap.
$42 dollars is hardly expensive, especially when you can get an incredible product as a result.
>>
>>58243865
Well damn. Might get these soon then, too bad I can't prove match this otherwise I'd go down to the store right now so I wouldn't have to wait.
>>
>>58244068
enjoy the visit from the fbi later today anon
>>
>>58244078
Well I was thinking more along the lines of Alacantra pads, so $40 just on pads.
I feel like a heavy flow tumblrite spending that much on pads
>>
>>58244122
There's nothing wrong with selling military secrets.
>inb4 the USA are the good guys
>>
>>58237593
...really? Ok now I have to try the zircons. What else do I have to lose if people really say they sound that good? 10 bucks? I can live with that...
>>
>>58244209
What makes them the bad guys?
>>
>>58244209
eah I'm sure that'll keep you out of guantanamo bay
>>
>>58244233
Nothing. Morals are out of place in 2016.
Cash is all that counts.
>>
>>58244205
I assume you're the anon trying to make the T50RP's more bassy from last thread, so the HM5 Hybrids are a better option. The Alcontaras will leak too much low end. You could go with pleathers as well, but I don't find them remotely as comfortable. Alcontaras are better than the Hybrids in terms of comfort, but not an insane amount.
>>
>>58244253
Hmm alright, thanks for the pad rec.
Are they comfy enough to wear all day with the HM5s? I wear my cans for like 4+ hours
>>
>>58244269
If you don't have an issue with velour, yes. They absolutely are.
>>
>>58244279
How bad to they leak?

And I'm upset they went up from $130 to $160, but am far too impatient to wait for another price drop, if there will ever be one
>>
>>58233918
They are very good (have auditioned) and punch way above their weight. Not sure they will last that long in every-day use.
>>
>>58244302
Not to badly. The sides are made of pleather, so they only can really leak through a bad seal. I'd say like 20% more than a good pleather pad, which is virtually nothing.

If you're worried about leak you wouldn't want to go with Alcontaras either.
>>
>>58233594
What's your budget friend?
That thread is quite out of date desu.
>>
>>58244323
I was super set on memory foam, but yeah everything you're saying about the velour pads is what I want.
How much did you get your cans for?
>>
>>58244321
>punch way above their weight.
The usual sign you don't know that it does, and that you are talking crap is saying things like that or "good for price".

>>58243431
I don't like analogies, they're usually used by people who were never familiar with the topic. But if we were to use your analogy, the cow wouldn't exist, and we are trying to reassemble a beef steak molecule by molecule from some other organic material.
The mechanical means alone don't exist to make the desired headphone.
>>
I am wanting to upgrade from the HD598s that I've had for about 2-3 years. Going to have some disposable income as well soon so what is it you guys recommend?

I usually prefer a neutral bass (don't like booming bass cus prefer rich mids). I don't have a DAC but I have an audio interface (Tascam US-144mkII to be specific).
>>
>>58244369
Yeah, HM5 hybrid pads seem to be the best option other than going down the route of true animal hide like ZMF lambskins or Alpha pads, which cost anywhere up to 3 times as much.

I got mine second hand off a friend, and I'm in Australia, so pricing probably won't really help you, as I assume you're in the US.
>>
Am I the only one who can't wear any leather earpads because the side of my head starts sweating?
>>
>>58244418
no
>>
>>58244414
Ever take these bitches outside when you fight Aborigines?
>>
>>58244445
Nah, I don't wanna get shanked by some drunk bogan or an abbo off his tits on petrol.

I've taken them on a few road-trips though.
>>
>>58238834
Have a look at:
JH audio Layla/Angie (customer/universal)
Empire Ears Zeus XRA (custom/universal)
Lime Ears Aether (custom only)
Atomic Floyd Super Darts (universal only)
Rhapsodio Galaxy (custom/universal)

I will say custom is THE way to go unless you care about re-selling. Also upgrade your source if you wish, that will make a big difference, suggest: QP1R or Cowon Plenue M2/1/S
>>
File: dt770.jpg (122KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dt770.jpg
122KB, 1000x1000px
My DT770s 80ohm came in the mail a couple days ago along with some portapros for the memes. It's my first pair of quality headphones and I'm really happy with them.
>>
>>58244465
Are they THAT hard to power like everyone says? I listen to music quiet, so hopefully they don't sound like shit at low volume.

Any good for muh gaymin or muh Netflix?
>>
>>58244418
Good leather pads are a lot more breathable than the pleather pads that come stock on a lot of headphones.
Try switching to something like ZMF sheepskins, the new Brainwavz sheepskins, or Alpha pads. They cost a fair chunk, but are worth it.
>>
>>58244503
How's the niggerbass
>>
>>58244431
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>58244504
Yeah, they're relatively inefficient. They run fine off my workbench set-up, which is a $8 dollar DIY headphone amp, [reccomended to some other anon here >>58243713 >>58243979] so you have options for desktop use. They run 'alright' off PC motherboard, but are almost inaudible on my phone. I used a $30 dollar rechargeable amp from Aliexpress on my phone when on the roadtrip, and it worked well.
>>
>>58244518
It tingles my taint, breh.
>>
>>58244467
>JH audio Layla/Angie (customer/universal)
>Empire Ears Zeus XRA (custom/universal)
>Lime Ears Aether (custom only)
>Atomic Floyd Super Darts (universal only)
>Rhapsodio Galaxy (custom/universal)
You just took a list of higher priced flagship IEMs without checking if they were worthwhile or not.

>custom is THE way
No, benefits do not universally favor custom molds. Not in isolation or controlling distributed modes.

>upgrade your source if you wish, that will make a big difference
The checklist of issues is all that you really needed. With IEMs and balanced armatures, you need to pay to extra attention to noise level.
>>
>>58244551
I'm probably going to run them off a Mobo for a few months, so "alright" is good enough.

I just have a few more questions, Fostex should be paying you.
Is outside sound very audible or is it well isolated?
And are you worried about the 3.5mm port breaking at all? I hate the fact that it's sideways, and the jack would probably rip inside of it.
>>
>>58243889
Anyone?
>>
sennheiser hd600 or hd650

or do you have any other recommendations under €500
>>
>>58237928
Tomodachi? Wtf does that mean I'm not a weeb(even though I know 1-10 in Japanese for...reasons)
>>
>>58244611
>Fostex should be paying you.
I wish. I need me some purplehearts.

>Is outside sound very audible or is it well isolated?
It's isolated pretty decently. About the same as DT 770's infact.

>And are you worried about the 3.5mm port breaking at all?
Not really. If it does, I can just drill a hole easily and place a new 3.5 female jack at the bottom. It'd be an easy mod, and a rather useful one. I'm kinda considering it now.

>I hate the fact that it's sideways, and the jack would probably rip inside of it.
It is a stupid design admittedly. That said, the male plug on the cable is probably a lot more likely to break off, or get bent.
>>
>>58244684
I'd rather the 600, but 650 has a little more low end, which you may want. I find the 650 to be more 'veiled', if you want to use that term.
>>
>>58244602
Listened to all of them, have Angie custom. They will match his preference, he has unlimited budget. My personal fave's are 1. Aether. 2.Angie/Layla. 3. Galaxy.

Custom gives me better sound at lower volume (due to isolation). Also I like not worrying about loosing tips anymore.
>>
>>58244684
if you're considering 650, check out 6xx
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx?referer=2YVXYC&mode=guest_open

they're currently not in a drop, but seeing the amount of request it probably will be one again soon
>>
>>58244693
I didn't think purple hearts were good, I heard mixed reviews

I'm pretty much fucking sold on these over DT770s.
Did you just mod by ear for shit like cotton and clay?
>>
>>58244741
even though my paypal is filled with money, massdrop doesn't accept it because i don't have a credit card linked to it. sadly i can't buy anything off of massdrop because otherwise, i'd have already bought these https://www.massdrop.com/buy/fostex-x-massdrop-th-x00-purpleheart-headphones
>>
>>58244763
>I didn't think purple hearts were good, I heard mixed reviews
Yeah, I wanna give em a go. I like some good thick bass, so they may be to my take. I dunno though, I dont tend to read reviews too often.

>I'm pretty much fucking sold on these over DT770s.
If you have the time and dedication, it is the smarter choice. The MKIII's have quality out the ass, but Fostex really didn't really pick the ball up enough. The midrange is nice stock, but the low end and highs both need work.

>Did you just mod by ear for shit like cotton and clay?
No, I went through several threads on head-fi for the MKIII modding. There is a huge one up which would give you most information.

I have some panasonic [i think?] measurement mics, which I used to make sure I keep every mod balanced on the other side.
The mics only cost $12 AUD for two off ebay, so I'd say they've been worthwhile.
>>
>>58244816
well get oyurself a credit card boyo

you aren't,
dare I say it,
underage, right anon?
>>
>>58244029
Okay. I know that dedicated wireless headsets usually have shit audio, but the Tactic3Ds have spoiled me. I'm used to yanking the charging cable to get up and walk across the room while still talking on VOIP, and I'm trying to figure out how to get that same sort of wireless capability on a decent wired headset. I may also be barking up the wrong tree.
>>
>>58243598
Little Dot MKIV
>>
>>58244859
i'm old

what do you guys think about the shure srh1840? they have a lower impedance which i guess means i won't have to buy a DAC?
>>
>tfw fell for the zalman meme

This thing is unusable, the fucking background white noise is louder than my own voice.
>>
>>58245106
That has more to do with your ADC than anything else.
>>
>>58245095
I hope oyu mean amp
>>
>>58245137
So I need a sound card of some kind?
>>
>>58245106
there's a little, but as far as I can tell it's not noticeable
http://vocaroo.com/i/s04GyBMN1EuH

you do one if it's so bad
>>
I'm using NVX headphones, I can't remember what model exactly, but it has a detachable cord that plugs into the phones themselves as well as the audio jack.

It seems that my cord is broken, as moving it around makes audio fall out in one or both ears. Where can I buy a replacement for this? Do replacements exist at all?
>>
>>58245269
Internal soundcard will still add static and white noise, etc. You'd need something external
>>
>>58245292
I assume you have the xpt100, as I don't imagine they have any other popular headphones

in which case

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-spare-cable-1-3m
http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-spare-cable-3m

google is your friend anon
>>
>>58245303
Buy a better fucking motherboard.

I'm using the MB jacks and getting no static or distortion. Because I didn't buy crap.

DACs are a scam 95% of the time.
>>
>>58245327
> DACs

No one is talking about DACs
>>
>>58245327
I cheaped way the fuck out on my motherboard, something I won't do on my next build.

I think it's a function of the microphone being too far away from my mouth, but there's really nothing I can do about that save for taping it to my fucking nose. There's no position on my headphone cables that's even close to ideal. It's all mostly white noise with a guy in the background. A decent sounding voice given the cost of the equipment, but still.
>>
>>58245369
yes we are
>>
>>58245095
how old r u?
>>
>>58245385
We're talking about ADCs
>>
>>58245384
this >>58245284
was done about 20 cm down the wire of my headphones, not even pointed at my mouth

get a dac/soundcard
>>
>>58245388

i ended up buying a srh1540, thanks for nothing
>>
>>58245410
What's strange about this is that the headphone port on both the front of the case and back of the motherboard work perfectly fine, even when cranked up to maximum levels. No hiss, no sign of interference, no nothing. It's just the microphone port. Wouldn't both be acting up if that were the case?
>>
>>58244876
>usually have shit audio
Once you get past SBC protocol issues and use a convolver/parametric, they're fine.

The sort of thing you would be looking for is a bluetooth adapter. Unfortunately, I don't know much about the products on the market, and I only use wireless IEMs once in a while. Products I have used have too much latency for me to really get into it, but that could just be the aging phone I regularly use.

>>58245303
>Internal soundcard will still add static and white noise, etc
Very strongly depends on shielding.

>>58245095
>they have a lower impedance which i guess means i won't have to buy a DAC
I don't know how headphone users ever got this idea in their head about impedance.
The item you meant to refer to is something to boost the signal.
>>
So I compared my old ATH-M40X and a pair of AKG K553 PRO to my new Fidelio X2 and for some reason, X2 seem to have more bass while being open-back? It's not that the bass is more powerful but I feel with the whole body or something like that, dunno how to explain it.

Could it be because of the frequence response? X2 go down to 5 kHz while the other two start with 20. Supposedly the human hearing range is 20 to 20k but I can hear 22 kHz on those hearing tests and can feel the lowest end of 10 to xx kHz bass sweeps, it's like a deep vibration inside the body. There's also theories that a bigger response range allows for more natural sound since the driver isn't constantly stressed or something like that.

Found this also, an interesting read.

http://recordinghacks.com/articles/the-world-beyond-20khz/
>>
>>58245735
x2 are just really bassy
>>
>>58245779
So if I wanted something even bassier than the X2, what should I look at?
>>
>>58245806
Beats by Dre you dirty nigger.
>>
>>58245806
subwoofers you nigger
>>
File: speaker-vest.jpg (96KB, 550x519px) Image search: [Google]
speaker-vest.jpg
96KB, 550x519px
>>58245832
Now you're talking my language.
>>
>>58245883
>shoulder mounted sonic boom launchers
next level
>>
>>58245735
>http://recordinghacks.com/articles/the-world-beyond-20khz/
I'll get around to this article later, but

>the human hearing range is 20 to 20k
No it isn't. There isn't anything that can be called a "hard" lower bound on frequency, although the upper threshold limit tends to behave closer to a brickwall.

>theories that a bigger response range allows for more natural sound since the driver isn't constantly stressed or something like that.
That's a load of nonsense. I'm sure whoever intended to give that explanation had meant it in a more articulate fashion.
>>
File: shit.png (459KB, 1212x640px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
459KB, 1212x640px
Need advice.
Bluetooth, wireless, over-ear needed.
>Source
Ultrabook with Fiio E19K
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
High
>Sound signature
neutral
>Past headphones
many different AKGs, an X2. but never any bluetooth or nc.
so it doesnt really matter

>Narrowed it down to pic related. wat do?
>>
>>58246084
>wireless neutral
yeah i've got no clue
going off https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8stmOTI9uc
maybe consider the sennheisers?

the point of QC is mainly the ANC anyway
>>
>>58246023
>That's a load of nonsense. I'm sure whoever intended to give that explanation had meant it in a more articulate fashion.

Better extension due to rolloffs being smooth instead of abrupt on both ends and because there aren't any systems that have perfect flat response so the rolloffs occur way after/before the specified frequences.
>>
>>58243077
More comfort. I had the XL pads as well. Build quality is a huge step up from m50s. All around better headphone imo
>>
>>58246192
>>58245735
>while being open-back?
The back leakage doesn't hinder bass extension itself. The leak from the cavity facing the ear is what limits bass extension. X2 is designed to better manage leak than the M40 and K550, especially the K550.
The "frequency response" spec that is listed on the headphone box isn't worth the ink it was written with.

Cutoff order doesn't explicitly equal extension in to the high or low frequencies, but it is related.
Certainly, we want to avoid a cutoff inside the region of interest.
Upper frequencies will be limited by material stiffness, density, and uniformity of deformation over the surface. The lower frequencies are leak controlled, and how much the headphone is designed to permit leak and how much displacement the driver can manage in pressurization
This alone doesn't equal a more natural sound in the audio range, even if you push it further out and out.
>>
>>58246084
I will admit the new Bose sound pretty good. Idk about the other two though so I can't give any solid advice except you probably won't be disappointed by Bose sound. Idk about build quality though by it seems on point. My friend has an old pair of qc15s and they're still going strong
Thread posts: 371
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.