[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion on deluge? How does it compare to transmission?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: deluge.png (237KB, 1282x950px) Image search: [Google]
deluge.png
237KB, 1282x950px
What is your opinion on deluge? How does it compare to transmission?
>>
>>58231966
Development branch is good. Stable branch sucks balls.
>>
>>58231966
If you use deluge for a few torrents and delete them, it's fine.

If you are "serious" about torrenting and want to seed a ton of torrents, do NOT use deluge. It just kills it's self and constantly deletes the states of your torrents. I had an insane amount of problems when I got around 600 torrents in deluge.
>>
>>58231966
Resource hog with no real advantages once you know how to configure transmission with the config files.
>>
Botnet
>>
Piece of shit.
>>
DEluged web is the shit. Put it on your server, then use a browser plugin to send it torrent links. Right click a torrent link, click send to deluge.
>>
>>58232356
epic xD
>>
>>58231966
Proxy 5 leak... It's shit.
>>
It's based
>>
Last time i used Deluge, it took 1 and a half year for an update to finally come, which was in early 2015 if i remember correctly,
and it was the most broken piece of shit that would freeze or not dowload at all or have some major UI issues where the magnet link confirmation window or download window wouldn't show up, and it was a fucking mess.
In the update section, they said they needed to overhaul the whole way UI works for Deluge to fix many of these problems.

So that's my opinion on Deluge based on the past.

Now that you have made me look at the Deluge homepage, and i see they still have a tradition of at least half a dozen months between updates,
i'd say nothing has changed.

It's the best looking torrent client, and that's where its positive points stop.
>>
>>58232076

What would you recommend then?

I'm nearing 1600 torrents and deluge is corrupting my downloads
>>
>>58235978
Not him but I use qbittorrent on linux. At most I had 1400 and it worked fine. I usually have about 600 though.
>>
>>58235978
rtorrent
>>
deluged+deluge-web it's god.
>>
>>58231966
I used it for a month. I switched to qB. qB is better in every way.
>>
it's not bad for light usage

it can't handle lots of torrents like rtorrent and transmission can
>>
>>58236519
I used qb for years

it stopped fucking working entirely, couldn't get good speeds despite multiple tools confirming my ports were configured correctly

Replaced it with deluge and suddenly I'm able to torrent again
>>
File: 1474008306250.webm (2MB, 1144x576px) Image search: [Google]
1474008306250.webm
2MB, 1144x576px
>>58236654
delete settings and try again. problem is clearly (YOU) since thousands upon thousands of people have no issues with it.

qB is literally the only god-tier torrent client. It just fucking works. everything else is shit and Deluge is fucking retarded.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.