[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HDD Customer Info Recovery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1337.jpg (354KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1337.jpg
354KB, 1600x1600px
So I was at my day job today selling smartphones. Had one customer, their son ran a couple strip clubs and bars, apparently "committed suicide" but the situation is being investigated in another state. The police gave the two laptops back to the parents, meaning they are no longer government property. They want me to pull the info off, they're looking for journals.

This guy seems hella shady, I may find pizza or drug related info assuming he was stupid enough to not encrypt it, which seems unlikely since the police did not consider the laptops useful apparently.

I don't have a number on the table for what they will pay. What's the risk, and if the risk is low, what's the safest way to interact with these HDDs without leaving traces? Maybe clone them?
>>
>I get paid to do my job
>these people are asking me to do my job what do I do I'm scared?
>>
File: IMG_1336.jpg (177KB, 750x821px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1336.jpg
177KB, 750x821px
>>58231910
lmao read the post. They're a customer at this job, selling phones, but not a customer for me. I don't have an official business doing HDD/SSD swaps/recovery, just do it a lot for friends.
>>
>>58231885
>I don't have a number on the table for what they will pay. What's the risk, and if the risk is low, what's the safest way to interact with these HDDs without leaving traces? Maybe clone them?

>Take old HDD
>install random OS offline
>stay offline
>take their HDDs and check all files etc etc
>when done give them their data
>dban everything 27 times
>???
>get shot because they have what they want
>get dropped in a tub full of acid
>no traces
>>
>>58232042
These people are older, I have both of their phone numbers, she works at a Walmart across the road, and they tipped me $20. Thanks for the info. Threat level?
>>
>>58232106
no threat
the only threat are the people
if you just check out all the data and put it on a dvd or some shit and give that to them there are no traces back to you besides them
files don't magically save your ip adress or anything
and like I said, if you are afraid of pizza or some shady stuff stay offline all the time
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.