[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>muh bleeding edge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: %22males%22.jpg (142KB, 782x366px) Image search: [Google]
%22males%22.jpg
142KB, 782x366px
Alright, Archcucks. Justify the the continuous/instant update/bleeding edge meme.

You have never gotten anything necessary from a new update. And if you did, it's nothing that you couldn't get from any other distro only several days later.

Beeing "bleeding edge" just means you have more untested code.

I've used Arch-based distros for a while and they can't be trusted to do some of the most basic things consistently. I don't think I've gone three straight days without printer driver errors.

Ooops now I gotta fix X. Now I gotta downgrade Blender. Now I gotta reinstall LaTeX and the 2 gigs of packages that go with it. Daily life of an Archcuck.

Arch machines are the only ones that spontaneously break.
>>
>>58228465
Ive had no issues with arch, arch based distros are a different story. Bleeding edge allows you to get security updates as fast as possible (kernel updates for example) that would take much longer on other distros.
>>
Works on my machine!
>>
>>58228465
Why would arch be so unstable?
I've never used it but Solus is also bleeding edge and stable release. Works perfectly for me.

What makes Arch so different? If what you say is true.
>>
>>58230019

How many times and tries did its shitty installer break on you and your installs until you actually finally successfully installed it without the installer breaking? :^)
>>
>>58230052
Took me one whole try. It literally just works.
>>
File: muh_minimalism.png (117KB, 1465x1007px) Image search: [Google]
muh_minimalism.png
117KB, 1465x1007px
>>58230047

I can't speak for Solus, maybe it's more competently managed, but I'm at the point where I'm always nervous updating Arch because *something* can be counted on to break every week or so. Usually printer drivers or some basic gtk tool.

>>58229603

Kernel updates have never given me any problem. I have nothing against them, but the idea that constant updates of every program as they come out just makes no sense.

I think a lot of Arch users (including myself at the begining) just love being able to update once or twice a day and get new shit. Once the rush was over I was just left with a system that's a pain to manage.

Plus, I'm on vacation now and am a little worried by Arch desktop back home is going to be in for a world of pain after I update it for the first time in a month or so.

>>58230019

Never tried it. I've done Arch, Manjaro and Parabola and all have been about equivalently annoying.
>>
File: you.webm (603KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
you.webm
603KB, 854x480px
>>58228465
>(YOU)
>>
I'm just in it for the AUR. I use quite a few packages that are on the AUR but that I'd have to get through github and keep updated manually otherwise.

Other than that I don't find my experience much different than when using any other distro.

Over 4 years I don't recall any breakage.
>>
>>58228465
It's the same everyday, I don't see whats the point of this kind of thread but I wouldn't be so bad to read the damn wiki. Arch has a testing repository. I had more issues with Debian or mint because the fix for the bugs always appeared for the latest version.
>works on my machine.
>>
Don't like it? Don't use it. Use whatever you end up liking most.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.