[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I have cable internet and a router, can I connect another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1444682876086.jpg (69KB, 545x369px) Image search: [Google]
1444682876086.jpg
69KB, 545x369px
If I have cable internet and a router, can I connect another router to that router to make a new network, ad infinitum?
>>
yeah that's probably possible
>>
>>58227656
>ad infinitum
no
>>
so you mean completely separate networks? Because the limiting factor will be DHCP and the fact you only have the 192.168.X.X and another less common network block.

however, if you don't connect to the internet then theoretically you could have all the IP addresses available to you assuming your DHCP server can keep up with the number of devices.
>>
>>58227656
"You can connect a bridge across the world but it won't be very strong" - guy
>>
yes, its called bridging. you would make a new subnet, not a new network

luckily after XP the useful settings to define shared subnet objeccts has been REMOVED.

tell me again how win7/8/10 is so awesome, cause I personally cannot see it.
>>
>>58227730
I'm sure the 10.x.x.x block is very limiting
>>
>>58227656
Like a pizza, you can share that connection with as many people as you want, if you don't care that they each get a smaller and smaller piece.
>>
>>58227656
I don't see what would be blocking you of making a new network when connecting router to router.
>>
Yes I already do this since my uni just provides an ethernet network to the dorms where everybody's PC can connect to each other and i dont want people's malware infected botnets pinging my shit
>>
YOURE ALL PAKIS.
>>
>>58227751

>windows
>>
>>58228067
indeed. I dislike micrsoft nowdays with that paki in charge. they dont innovate anymore.
>>
scrub themm fucking teeth satya.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.