[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oracle sues users for not paying Java SE license fees

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/12/16/oracle_targets_java_users_non_compliance/

If you use JRE, you have to pay license fee to Oracle unless you uninstall specific non-free components (e.g. Java Mission Control) after installing JRE.

JRE installs these non-free components by default.

How long before Oracle sues people for using VirtualBox also?
>>
Yes but they only sue their partners and paying customers (who bough other stuff) so I don't care.
>>
>>58227238
>How long before Oracle sues people for using VirtualBox also?
use vmware
>>
>>58227238
Install OpenJDK.
>>
>>58227238
Joke's on them, I don't use any of their retarded over complicated shit.
Even google moved away from Oracle JDK and is using OpenJDK to build Android.
>>
>>58227238
>java
>oracle
>relevant
It's almost 2017, didnt we already agree on using C# and Mono
>>
>lose market share to C#
>begin suing loyal fans left and right

Tantrum
>>
>>58227238
>>If you use JRE, you have to pay
No.
>>JRE installs these non-free components by default.
No.

JRE and JDK are both free and will always be free. If you're going to link articles, read them first. From the article you linked: "Java SE comes with the free JDK and JRE, but Advanced Desktop, Advanced and Suite layer in additional capabilities such as Java Mission Control and Flight Recorder also known as JRockit Mission Control and JRockit Flight Recorder."

Kneejerk retards just want to cry daily about internet injustices from lameass megacorps. No one likes Oracle, this is known. Personally I hate misinformation more than that.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>58227238
>Java
>>
>>58227308
or, like, KVM or HyperV since they are included in the respective operating systems.
>>
>>58227238
>users
Aka companies with 80,000 PCs.

TL;DR "users" = large corporations who avoid paying fees
>>
>Oracle sue companies who breach their licensing
Huh, wow its literally nothing.
>>
>>58227510
>>JRE installs these non-free components by default.
>No.
Yes. But you have to enable them with the -XX:+UnlockCommercialFeatures option.
>>
LARRY DOES IT AGAIN
>>
>>58227649
The problem is that Oracle packaged JRE in a way the users didn't know they were installing pay software.
>>
>>58228053
>companies with 80,000 PCs randomly install software without checking licenses
>>
Oracle is evil and all but this really is nothing. If you're not licensed to use their software it makes sense that they'd want you to stop using it. The regular Java stuff is both gratis and libre FOSS, its only the "advanced" stuff that is proprietary. You should be using OpenJDK for most things anyway
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.