[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 447.jpg (58KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
447.jpg
58KB, 640x640px
I just cant take this shit anymore i just got linux mint and every time I go off on a tangent and try to learn how to do something instead of the GUI/"X Manager Package" route i spend 3 hours travelling through 70 fucking help forums and settling knowing im an incompetant babby

Mfw it took me 2.5 hours to figure out how to set my mouse sensitivity/profile on startup, only for me to fail creating an xorg.conf file, and instead settle for adding in my own shitty bash script to startup options in the system settings program

Mfw I tried to mount my windows partition but contents dont show in nautilus even though its mounted

Mfw I boot up today and its fucked for no reason and because im stupid i deleted my fstab and cant copy my backup into the /etc/ directory for no FUCKING REASON

Every so often i feel like the glory of successfully operating linux, but every time i reach the conclusion it doesnt fucking work. Kill me
>>
Linux mint sux.
>>
>>58223768
According to 4chan every distro sux

Can you at least tell me why mint sux compared to other distros?
>>
>>58223703
it does that for a while, and either you keep doing blackbox fixes with no clue what's going on long enough you can become properly situated and acquainted with the system and start learning shit, or you give up and go back to windows
my first piece of advice is to go full cold turkey and ditch windows entirely, forcing yourself to learn linux, then learning to use the terminal to do shit (which is a shitton more powerful than most people realize), then play around with other distros for a time and find one you really like and stick with it
secondly, experiment as much as you can and keep an installer handy. break shit and try to fix it, and if you can't, try again from scratch after you have some fun trashing what's left
if you have to do "serious work" (i.e. use MS office/video games/other windows-exclusive software), linux probably isn't a viable option for you until you can find alternatives to software or forego them, or have another computer exclusively for that
lastly, keep learning, do all the ricer shit if you want, try to optimize your system if you'd like, and try compiling at least one kernel from scratch, anything to fiddle around with your system to better understand it and how to manipulate parts of it so that you can do whatever you'd like and be able to fix things just with a simple google search
>>
>>58223703
>cant copy my backup into the /etc/ directory
mount -o remount,rw /
>>
>>58223785
not that anon, but mint is known for causing users hell with its oversimplifications and bugs from being a downstream Ubuntu/debian derivative introduced by shitty repackaging or bad updating of mirrors
I don't know much about mint, since I never have used it, and I would recommend Ubuntu for a first distro, I started using linux full-time on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS as soon as it came out (turns out you don't need "stable" or "long term support" from distros as a desktop user)
>>
>>58223860
>Ubunty/debian
>Implying Ubuntu is downstream from Debian.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.