[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smartwatch users, what do you have and what's your experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: android-wear.png (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
android-wear.png
12KB, 300x300px
Smartwatch users, what do you have and what's your experience of using it for two-factor authentication?

On a whim, I googled to see if it's possible to install Google Authenticator on a smartwatch, and it looks like it is! So I'm thinking of getting a smartwatch for this purpose because I would carry it with me even when I would not carry my huge ass phone. So I want hear your experiences. Is 2FA tedious to use on a smartwatch? Does it work stand-alone without the phone? Also, which smartwatch would you recommend for this? Besides 2FA, I care about battery life, small size, and non-tedious charging, in that order.
>>
>>58223576
Smart watches are a panopticon

Use real watches instead, such as casio
>>
>>58223576
I don't have any experience using mine for 2FA, But I can tell you a good model.

Moto 360 2Gen.
Battery lasts a good two days for me.
You will however need to keep your phone on your person to use it, smartwatches are not stand alone devices.
>>
>>58223655
I have the same watch but first gen, same issues/problems

However, I think I do remember there are some watches that can be standalone, especially since the Android Wear2 update (if it already happened), but I’m not sure.

Also, smartwatches are totally useless when you don’t have one, and completely essential once you have one.
>>
>>58223576
I had the 2nd gen Moto 360 for about 8 months. If you get a smartwatch don't buy it thinking it will change your life. It's basically just a watch that you can issue Google now commands to and get notifications on. Now having said that the device was fine and worked well enough, however the watch would randomly disconnect from my phone which was fucking annoying and made me look stupid when I was actually trying to use it and had to reboot it and just use my phone instead. Also the battery life was inconsistent. Some days it would last 15+ hours and other days it would die after a few short hours, with no difference in the usage at all.
>>
>>58223576
If you're just going to use it for 2FA, why don't you just get a Yubikey? Different models for different uses. USB, micro USB, NFC, etc.
>>
>mobile phones are no longer mobile
What a time to be alive
>>
>>58223576
don't mean to hijack your thread but I want to also get a smart watch after I gain some weight. Whats a good watch I don't need my phone for it to work? So I could go work out and only bring my watch. Bonus if it also plays spotify to bluetooth.
>>
>>58225750
Smartwatches have enough autonomy to track your workout and sync with your phone's health app when you're done. I used to have a Samsung Gear Fit. It was okay.
>>
>>58225789
So would I not need my phone to be with me? I basically want to be able to leave my phone at home and just take the watch which will alert me of any calls and texts also.
>>
>>58225795
It will not alert you of anything while away from your phone. No smartwatch will do that.

There are Chinese "smartwatches" that are actually fully featured phones with a SIM card slot and everything. It sounds too good to be true though. If you're feeling adventurous, buy one and report back: http://a.co/gKKia3K
>>
What about the samsung fronteir? It apparently has lte which you can sync to your number if you have At&t. Let's you make calls without your phone near it.
>>
>>58226392
bump.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.