[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calibration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: 1478649970530.png (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478649970530.png
40KB, 1280x720px
Do you calibrate your monitors?
>>
>Test tells me to adjust gamma until dots disappear
>dots are clearly visible at every single setting
>>
>@58214028*
You haven't used a calibrated monitor side by side an uncalibrated one haven't you?

*tripfags aren't worth direct linking
>>
File: Spyder5Express.jpg (120KB, 650x510px) Image search: [Google]
Spyder5Express.jpg
120KB, 650x510px
Planning to buy one for £85-£90 on my dell u2414h
>>
>>58214154
I don't get it, do manufacturers not have this tool? Did they not calibrate it already?
[spoiler]Do monitor manufacturers make money off colorimeters too?[/spoiler]
>>
>>58214217
Dell factory calibrates their montiors, not sure how but its not good as calibrating it yourself with colorimeters
>>
Nice placebo faggot, http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/? this website is all you need
>>
>>58214154
I wish I could just rent these for a day instead of buying one
>>
>>58214536
hi mr poor, why not buy yourself one like a good goy?
>>
>>58214571
lol just seems like a waste of money for something that i'd use maybe once every couple of years
>>
>>58214003
>Do you calibrate your monitors?
I'm not an idiot, of course I do. More importantly, what do you calibrate your monitors to?

>BT.1886 or GTFO
>>
>>58214639
How many hours a year do you stare at your monitor screen goy?
>>
>>58214070
1. You can't calibrate by eye, don't even try
2. Disable your browser's scaling
>>
>>58214217
>I don't get it, do manufacturers not have this tool? Did they not calibrate it already?

1. Unless you're spending at least $1000 on your display, don't expect the time to calibrate to be worth their production time. They don't give a shit about the color accuracy for end user crap like the generic $200 TN panels most people on /g/ are using

2. Mid-range displays, especially those oriented towards “prosumers”, are generally pre-calibrated, but usually not very well. (e.g. my LG was calibrated to gamma 2.2, but that's a pretty worthless curve to calibrate to)

3. High-end displays, those actually oriented towards professionals, either come with tools like these out of the box or even integrated into the panel themselves (e.g. Eizo, Sony, LaCie)
>>
>>58214696
>browser calibration
>>
>>58214003
No. They are shitty TN LCDs anyway, I doubt there's much you can do.
Grayest blacks you can imagine.
>>
>>58214536
>I wish I could just rent these for a day instead of buying one
If you're really that much of a destitute nigger, you can

1. Buy colorimeter
2. Use to calibrate
3. Return within the 14-day return period

It's not like using a colorimeter damages the colorimeter or is really noticeable in any way.

But you can also actually rent higher-end colorimeters (i.e. stuff you wouldn't just go ahead and order as a consumer) as well, although I don't know where you'd go looking (pro A/V shops maybe?)
>>
>>58214786
>No. They are shitty TN LCDs anyway, I doubt there's much you can do.
Fallacy. A well-calibrated TN is orders of magnitude better than an uncalibrated TN. Sure, your off-angle colors will still be distorted, but the overall picture will be significantly improved.

t. used to own an IPS and TN dual-monitor setup. After calibration, the TN and IPS panels looked basically identical (except for off-center distortion effects on the TN panel). It's a gigantic step up from every display basically looking completely different
>>
>>58214536
If you can't afford one of those you don't need it. >>58214503 should be good enough for you.
>>
>>58214003
nope I use mine on 20% brightness to save buckaroo
>>
yes, I got mine because they're hardware calibratable to internal luts with the i1 I already had
>>
>>58214503
>>58214868
Even if you don't do any professional design work, calibrating your monitor can improve your computing experience; e.g.

1. natural white tone makes pictures/movies etc. actually look realistic for a change
2. good gamma curve will prevent stuff like near-black or near-white details from being crushed or obscured
3. channel neutrality will remove unnatural tints

Sites like that will, at best, allow you to make sure your mid-point gamma is about 2.2; but that's it. It won't fix the shape of your curves, it won't fix your white point, it won't fix color tints and inconsistency between displays, it won't fix your gamut (which causes oversaturation/undersaturation), and so on.
>>
>>58214117
>>58214070
OP isn't a tripfag and what the fuck are you doing with the @ in there?
>>
I use the integrated tool in my Eizo CG246.
It just werks.
>>
>>58214968
Why the fuck did you quote both the first and second posts?
>>
Best way to calibrate my monitor without spend 90$?
>>
>>58215399
Calibrate your eyes instead
>>
>>58215399
get a ColorHUG

http://www.hughski.com/index.html

The original one is like, what, $40-$50?
>>
>>58215433
No thanks
>>
>>58215433
> You understand there are no Microsoft Windows or Apple OS X native drivers included with this product. You can use the Linux LiveCD sent with the device on any modern PC. The display.icc file can then be saved and used with Linux, Mac or Windows.

pure trash
>>
>>58215399
Go to a photo or A/V shop, ask them if they could rent you a colorimeter.
>>
Nice pepe.
>>
>>58215462
It's open source hardware, not their fault proprietary trash operating systems can't ship drivers for it

It's not like people who use Windows expect driver compatibility anyway.
>>
>>58215510
>not the manufacturers fault they are too lazy and incompitant to provide driver support for the most popular desktop operating systems
>>
>>58215510
>open source hardware
>£85

Kill yourself, shit stain.
>>
Monitors are calibrated in factory faggots.
>>
>>58215627
you are so ignorant
>>
>>58215587
https://github.com/hughski/colorhug2-hardware
Go ahead and build your own then.
>>
>>58214961
It looks like too much of work for litle gains and not worth it. Compared to a website.
>>
>>58216222
Thanks for your valuable contribution
>>
>>58216247
np.
:)
>>
>>58214536
>>58214791
This dude, use a new boxcutter blade to open it up, then a very thin sliver of clear packing tape cut to the length of the tape already on the box.

And just tell them you didn't need it because you googled it lol

And their face when you do it at best buy with 500 worth of shit for the keks
>>
>>58216460
>And just tell them you didn't need it because you googled it lol
Why tell them anything at all? Here in Germany you can just return shit for no reason at all, within 14 days
>>
>>58216527
Very good!
Usually they ask if there's anything wrong with it. I read they can charge restocking fees so fuck that noise.
>>
I got a 4k HD 24" LG recently.. will I need to calibrate a 4k screen or should I purchase a cali hardware.
>>
>>58214003
Yes.
CRT and S-PVA are both calibrated using displaycal.
>>
>>58214217
Because calibration only lasts about a month or two. Backlight color drifts pretty hard.
>>
File: 1933-Dumpty.png (64KB, 551x432px) Image search: [Google]
1933-Dumpty.png
64KB, 551x432px
>>58216460
he doesnt live in a country where you can return an item within 15 days for no reason at all
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.