[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best phone to use with LineageOS / Cyanogen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: burning a smartphone.jpg (40KB, 316x450px) Image search: [Google]
burning a smartphone.jpg
40KB, 316x450px
So I haven't had a smartphone in years and I need a recommendation for one that can be flashed with an open source OS (RIP Cyanogen). Should preferably be relatively cheap, also possibly sturdy as I'm a clutz.

There's a FUCKHUGE list of possible supported models and I'm completely out of the loop, so no idea what to buy; can anyone on /g/ give me some pointers?

>inb4 giving me C pointers
>>
Just buy a Oneplus 3. Or, be a real man and get an Ubuntu phone.
>>
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have a pretty noobish question regarding Smartphones (and their carriers)

Say that I have AT&T and I buy a phone that was originally for T-Mobile. The T-Mobile phone is unlocked, and it's GSM, so it should work on AT&T.

My question primarily deals with the bands. Say that the T-Mobile Phone supports, 80% of the same bands as AT&T. Does that mean that even though the T-Mobile phone is unlocked if I were to use it via AT&T I'd be missing out on some of the bands and result in have less coverage/reception? Or is it more along the lines of once it's unlocked, all the bands are open for that particular style (GSM/CDMA)?
>>
>>58211901
Hey, get your own fucking thread.

>>58211704
Why the OnePlus 3?
>>
>>58212214
The one plus 3 has an unlocked bootloader and is also an amazing value.
>>58211901
Usually the t mobile version of the phone isn't locked and will support all four gsm bands.
>>
>>58213128
>The one plus 3 has an unlocked bootloader and is also an amazing value.
It's a bit expensive for my taste (as in, it's around $400, which is like, a lot of money).
>>
>>58213719
Why not just get an old Galaxy? You can even find second hand of the better models.
>>
File: replicant-endorsed-10.png (16KB, 187x187px) Image search: [Google]
replicant-endorsed-10.png
16KB, 187x187px
>>58211673
If you have the money buy the most secure phone in the world https://tehnoetic.com/tehnoetic-s3-phone-replicant

For those who don't know, this phone comes with Replicant preinstalled, which is a hardened Cyanogen with firmware replaced with a more secure open source code.

The price is a bit higher but you get what you pay for.
>>
>>58216119
Also, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don't work. We recommend purchasing the FSF-endorsed Tehnoetic N150 Wi-Fi adapter and use it with an OTG cable for your Tehnoetic S3 phone, because soon it will be supported by default in Replicant. For now, it works when you configure it from the command line - see the tutorial. And a mobile data connection would be useful in areas not covered by Wi-Fi networks. We are working to add support for our Tehnoetic Nano Bluetooth 4.0 adapter too.
>>
>>58216164
yes mister NSA, we know we have to make compromises to escape mass surveillance
>>
>>58216119
>>58216164
>300 Eurobucks
Yeah that's gonna be a no-no for me.
>>
>>58211673
I think Fairphone 2 is pretty cool
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.