[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1641.jpg (23KB, 569x398px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1641.jpg
23KB, 569x398px
What went wrong?
>>
>>58210602
Windows servers.
>>
Money isn't magic. The kind of investor they want doesn't have enough money to keep the lights on. Those who do have the money want to keep making it and even if they were welcomed, they wouldn't touch Voat with a 10 foot pole because your average Redditor/Digger/Stumbler/etc. wouldn't either.

On a more recent level, they're also dealing with the fundamental flaw behind voting systems: all "community curating" is really professional manipulation.
>>
>>58210602
I tried using it at the height of the Reddit fiasco and the site just kept crashing and couldn't handle the traffic.
>>
>>58210602
It was written by a 20 year old in ASP.net
>>
>>58210602
Nothing, shit still works and better than reddit. Man subs are a bit /pol/ but more freedom there than here. I bounce between here and there.
>>
it's a fucking clone of reddit

what do you expect providing a service that doesn't exist with zero benefits

plus it consistently went down during the ellen pao shit so that's not exactly good
>>
idk, wtf is it?
>>
it's cancer
>>
>>58210602

its reddit but a safespace for people obsessed with fatties and niggers

that is a tiny, unprofitable demographic
>>
https://voat.co/v/pizzagate
>>
>>58216324
Yep, it's an echo chamber.
>>
there wasn't anything right in the first place

*tips fedora*
>>
>>58210602
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>58210602

Nothing. How long did reddit take to get where it is?

Community growth takes time.
>>
It was originally a little hobby project that was created for fun. But then some retarded drama happened on Reddit (I forgot what it was) then a who bunch of Redditors found Voat and decided to move there. The creator never expected his project to grow so big. So yeah Reddit ruined it, as usual
>>
>>58216324
This meme has gone too far
>>
How did the site with a userbase composed of all the garbage humans who were run out of Reddit not take off????
>>
>>58210602
fundamental issues with the vote-based site archetype:
> inherently hug-box/echo-chamber forming
> bullshit squabbles over controlling the hug-boxes
> just like real democracy, not are opinions are equally informed or useful to others
> sock puppeting, botting, etc. fundamentally unavoidable on an anonymous/pseudonymous platform

fundamental issues with account-tagged commenting:
> attention whoring, especially combined with "karma" systems, encouraging lowest-common denominator, extremely formulaic responses
> facilitates doxxing both within site and frequently between sites
> enables cross-topic/sub-whatever ban/blocklisting, accelerating echo-chamber bullshit
> allows non-sequiter attacks in threads by digging through comment history

challenges with Voat in particular:
> small user base
> no money
> alt-right tilt is VERY off-putting to the average redditard demographic
> will never get large scale investment/advertiser support thanks to all of the above
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.