[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i purchased a asus desktop that has a N3050 in it, according

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Intel-Celeron-N3050-Benchmark.png (17KB, 697x708px) Image search: [Google]
Intel-Celeron-N3050-Benchmark.png
17KB, 697x708px
i purchased a asus desktop that has a N3050 in it, according to google this is a laptop CPU, that has like 6TPD

its KINDA fast enough to play back 720p content but not if you try to multi task

but according to some of the CPU sites its literally 1000x slower than the cheap Intel Celeron desktop varient 3900 which is the top of the price/performance king right now

how is this even allowed?

its a 40 dollar CPU, but i needed to buy it as a fast replacement cause it was fucking tired of using my PS4 browser to do shit

now i can order a proper PC parts to build a proper PC again

but you cant even buy these N series celerons, so where do they come from, they're not even used in proper laptops but this is in a desktop tower
>>
What socket does it have?
>>
>>58203851

its called a braswell which apparently is the latest step or a step between haswell and skylake
>>
>>58203851
>>58203872

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braswell_(SOC)
>>
>>58203885

according to this there is a 4 core varient that is faster and costs the same 107 price

this desktop was 100 dollars total tho refubished

107 dollars is a fucking joke tho considering you can get a fucking i3-6100 for that price which is still the baseline top gaming CPU needed to play anything at max

http://ark.intel.com/products/91831
>>
I believe your CPU is socket FCBGA1170. the 'BGA' part means Ball Grid Array, which is a soldered socket. So I don't think you can remove it anyway.

A.K.A. need new mobo + cpu... (U dun goofed)
>>
>>58203954

i plan on buying parts, but needed something fast in a pinch

its jsut bullshit that they're using a mobile fucking CPU in a desktop form but not even the best CPU of that type and the fucking desktop varient of celeron is 100x faster and better and MORE than half the price
>>
>>58203989
Half the price for you, a consumer, to buy. I'm sure they got them cheaper since buying in bulk, hence the whole computer costing less than a CPU. It's the same CPU they use in super cheap Chromebooks etc, so I'm sure it's the cheapest option for them. Maybe leftovers from a different product line idk. At least you got a case/hdd out of the deal. Maybe ram even. Yeah it's total bullshit, and you still bought it.
>>
Why would you buy an outdated SoC when Apollo Lake is available now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldmont
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.