[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Are AMD & NVIDIA So Polarizing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: amd_nvidia-600x276.jpg (26KB, 600x276px) Image search: [Google]
amd_nvidia-600x276.jpg
26KB, 600x276px
Just watched this vide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyAOtQOu2YM

Why are gputards so butthurt?
>>
It's not about the company, it's about the individual who bought the product and wants to defend his purchase to others.
>>
because everybody who plays video games in 2017 is fucking retarded
>>
Nvidia is just better, AMDrones need to make shit up to convince themselves otherwise
>>
>>58199917
wow haha trolled 3/4
>>
>>58199899
Not even 2017 yet you dirty fucken Mexican.
>>
>>58199639
This guy has a point. It's funny how a company with like 28% market share and has less sales of its flagship rx 480 than even a gtx 1070 to gamers (based on the steam hardware survey) has the most vocal and cancerous fanbase. These people are the minority but in every benchmark video you go into all the top comments are anti nvidia/Intel. It's like these amd superfans spend more time writing youtube comments that actually playing games. It's like the whole world is conspiring against them according to all these youtube amd fans.
>>
>go into all the top comments are anti nvidia/Intel

Probably because all of the anti-competitive practice both of those have done and the monumental damage they have done to both the GPU and CPU industry?

No doubt that if AMD and Nvidia were switched AMD would get a massive amount of people hating them too
>>
>>58200189
You really need to stop being a faggot billy.
>>
>>58200189
saddest part i was one of them, at least now i know intel and nvidia are superior to amd in every single way, it may change when dx12 will became mainstream just like dx11 (vulkan is DOA tho) so we will see with zen and rx 490 how it will change market. But for now amd just blows.
>>
>>58202228
anon...
>>
>>58199639
Because nvidia are anti-consumer
>>
>>58199639
The human mind polarizes things easily
>>
>>58199639
guys clearly a fucking little girl mentally getting all offended and triggered at dime a dozen e arguments taking youtube comments from random plebs seriously

The fucking GPU market is a goddamn travesty right now, Nivida has a complete monopoly and overcharges like fuck for their melted sand, it's disgusting, obviously people are concerned about it because they don't want to shell out 500-1000 dollars on their next shitty fucking card that's just going to melt in 4 years. It boils down to a monopoly, overcharging, and idiots defending such tactics and not giving ground.
>>
>>58203469
>Nivida has a complete monopoly a
no they don't, gladly. There's still competition, though not at an optimal level.
>>
>>58203469
This. Nvidia has managed to pull of the worst sin which is the Tier jump. The Tier 1 GPUs which this gen are the Titan and the 1080ti are selling for 900/1200$ when Tier 1 GPUs were 700/1100$ last gen which was a jump from the standard price for tier 1 which was 500/600$ a few generations ago.

If nvidia was not price gouging the 1080ti would be 600$ and the 1080 would be 400$ and the 1070 would be 250/300$

If Vega delivers then prices on pascal are going to drop like a stone and anyone just bought a 1070/1080 will have been bent over and buttfuked by the jolly green dick
>>
>>58203469
pretty much this

AMD can compete at the mid tier and upper-mid tier by nvidia just completely dumpsters AMD in high end

nvidia can charge $700 for the fucking GTX 1080 because AMD literally cannot compete
>>
>>58203680
I remember when a GTX 580 was $500 and the GTX 680 $550

Now a GTX 1080 is literally $700
and worst of all now nvidia started their super giga-nigga tier and titans and Ti editions are anywhere from $800 to $1000

end me
>>
>>58205060
oh and don't get me started on the gtx 1070 being $450

What the fuck is that shit? Last generation a 970 was $350.
>>
>>58200189
This. AMD really is just a cancer holding back technology by providing no competition. Their Fury garbage is still more expensive than 1070/1080. Oh, and don't get me started on Radeon Pro Duo.
>>
File: amazon1070usa.png (571KB, 2128x920px) Image search: [Google]
amazon1070usa.png
571KB, 2128x920px
>>58205083
Really makes you think. That's why AMD are filthy fucking niggers of this board that can't go on without lying for 5 minutes.
>>
It's not as extreme for CPUs because AMD retards have literally nothing that can compete with Intel even if you were to fabricate benchmarks and cherry pick them as hard as possible. AMD rabid fanbase is truly scourge of this hardware industry and I say it as a previous 280x owner that got burned hard by AMD's shitty drivers and terrible tech support. Had to RMA that card twice, in the end I went for 970, I've been called names on the official AMD forums just because I dared to mention that back then (I don't remember the exact date but it was around time when 770/280x came out) AMD drivers were rather terrible because there was no easy way to offer us downsampling for almost 2 years of driver releases. Not to mention I had to switch to win 7 from Vista in order to even receive any sort of drivers after 6 months of owning the card (The response was: Kill yourself for using that shitty OS). Fuck every AMD lying piece of shit out there. You wonder why people hate them so much? Because their inferior hardware and software is filled with issues and the fanbase is in such a fucking delusion that even asking for help made me a target. FUCK YOU AMD.
>>
AYYMDPOORFAGS, IMMATURE AND CHILDISH

EVERYONE AGREED, DON'T BOTHER THEM ABOUT IT
>>
>>58199639

Because there are just two companies. If it were many there would be no problem.

It's comparable with football (two parties per match) where """fans""" destroy city centers and kill each other in contrast to Formula One (20+ entrants) where fans watch the race together.
>>
>>58203469
he opened up that discussion because of the amount of illiteracy he has seen in the comments and the fact that only gpu discussions reach this level of aggression
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.