[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Escaping the google umbrella

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Images like pic related have me wondering. Because I do remember an age of original content and discovery on the internet before the major information aggregators took over.

What are some good search engine alternatives to google I can use to find varied content again? Im so sick of seeing the same shit every time I search for something. With a thousand clickbait sites parroting the same information.

Are there any engines that don't use similar algorithms to find only the most popular content? Any information I look for is usually met with "deep web" fear mongering and how scary the rest of the internet is.
>>
>>58198535
There's duckduckgo, startpage, and yandex. Personal preference for duckduckgo.
>>
>>58198911
but do any of those use unique algorithims? or do they just parrot google for content. Duckduckgo as I understand is for privacy, I'm more concerned about content.
>>
Sorry senpai those days are gone. Soon we won't care about freedom of choice because we'll be offered what the machine knows we want.
>>
>>58200322
nah that's bullshit, there's enough people alive who remember how things were before the google takeover. I think we are however running out of time in ousting our google overlords though.

For now I just want to discover what's still out there. Though I have to wonder if anyone still bothers making sites that aren't indoctrinated into google.
>>
>>58199124

The closest you'll get nowadays is searx (searx.me for example). It does parrot popular search sites but at least it respects your freedom and privacy in the process.
>>
>Escaping the google umbrella
Hard task

search engine: maibe duckduckgo sems fine but they say its another botnet
email service: buy a domain and use their free mail service but your emails will land in the spam folder
youtube: well you like a certain youtuber then you fucked but theres some alternatives in here
cloud: dont sue cloud services...
android. rekt nothing out there its all a big farm of data and the alternatives get drowned
>>
>>58201239

Use a paid email service like Posteo if you don't want to run your own email service. You can also use VLC or youtube-dl to watch and download Youtube videos, although Google will still do IP based tracking.
>>
>>58201239
>>58201233

It's not so much the tracking i'm worried about, though it's obviously a longterm concern as governments begin to impose laws and police the internet. I want a search engine that doesn't filter content using all the same methods as google.

Like during the Trump campaign when the top hits would be all negative stories for one cadidiate and largely positives for the other. I don't want those 10 top same results google and those parroting google are using. I want new ones entirely. Show me sources I've never even heard of that are too poor to afford the google adwords.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.