[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amazon Web Services

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

How do I even begin to learn AWS? There's so much stuff in there that looks so cool that I'm overwhelmed.

Lambdas for example sound great but how do you even use them?
>>
>learn AWS
Don't they just sell overpriced VPSes?
If you can use linux, you can mount their storage devices.
>>
>fell for aws meme
>>
>>58197103
best thing to start with would probably be build an autoscaling wordpress deployment that uses RDS

you'll use at least the following AWS products

Route53 - DNS
RDS - managed relational database
EC2 - elastic compute
ELB -load balancer (Technically part of EC2)
IAM
Cloudwatch

the tl;dr version is you'll point your DNS to an elastic load balancer and then create a managed mysql DB for wordpress on RDS, then you'll create an AMI (amazon machine image) for the EC2 instances that serve up the wordpress application and have them automatically configure themselves to point to that RDS DB and add/remove instances from the autoscaling pool based on stats from the load balancer (you can use cloudwatch for that)

if you're a complete noob to AWS but know *nix that'll probably take you an evening or two - there's plenty of examples and tuts around the web for doing exactly that

if you get past that you can use s3 and cloudfront to serve the static files like images and js from your wordpress install

source: am devops
>>
>>58197249
Cool thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for, an overview of the most important products I will be using.
>>
>>58197169
they've got a fuckton of other shit - it's more expensive than digitalocean/vultr/linode but your average customer is a company who's main source of revenue runs on AWS and continuance of business/guarantee of good support are worth the extra cost

>>58197183
>fell for the not being gainfully employed meme
>>
>>58197286
EC2, S3, RDS are pretty much your bread and butter - lambda + api gateway is cool because you can build "serverless" (read: you don't have to fuck with configuring the servers) applications

didnt read the tutortial I linked but I'd suggest signing up for their video courses - I used them to get all my AWS certs, covered a lot of the weird corner cases and some of the services I've never used

https://read.acloud.guru/horizontally-scalable-wordpress-in-the-cloud-fa6524081407#.my9zbzg1c

if you finish the wordpress thing then try to build a system that watches an S3 bucket for new files, feeds them to a lambda function whenever it triggers that event (you'll use SES for that). that should convert the markdown or yaml or whatever you're using to html and then drop it in a different S3 bucket that you'll use to serve up your statically generated website

i'd just google "AWS Lambda static site generator" to get starter - lambda only runs python and JS last i checked but you can run anything that has a binary if you just wrap it with nodejs which is hacky but whatever.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.