[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I install Mint?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: mint-logo-200.png (27KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
mint-logo-200.png
27KB, 200x200px
Hello /g/, I am new to this board and I'd like to ask if I should install mint. I've heard by some of you that it is a nice distro.
Btw I have a Intel Core i5 and a AMD Radeon R9 200 series.
>>
>>58196866
Isn't there a sub4chan for this sort of stuff? Something like bully gnu/linux thread.
There you will receive images about the security of Mint. And people saying they like it anyway.
>>
>>58196903
Oh and also people telling you to install Solus. For reasons. Like an image with bars.
>>
>>58196866
boot from LiveCD and try it out
>>
>>58196866
Go for it anon. Mint >Ubuntu
>>
>>58196966
bloatware>bloatware
install arcch
>>
>>58196866
mint, ubuntu, fedora in no specific order are all fine. literally just pick one, install it and fuck around - if you have some specific need that isn't being addressed then you can look into other distros - half the people here think they're hot shit because they can read a wiki and edit their Xresources file

i'd suggest pick one and then try to do actual work (see: not ricing) with it.
>>
>>58196966
Mint IS Ubuntu you fucking tard
>>
File: 1473793997286.png (12KB, 289x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473793997286.png
12KB, 289x300px
>>58196866
>"Btw I have a Intel Core i5 and a AMD Radeon R9 200 series"
tfw people think Linux is more resource hog than Winblows
>>
You should install linux mint without reservation.
>>
>>58196866
all linux distros that arent arch or gentoo are very similar, and indistinguishable to anons that dont compile their kernels.
>>
>>58200174
I agree for the most part, but for newbies the look out of the box is way different from distro to distro. At the beginning they don't know how to tweak and change the desktop environment.
>>
>>58196866
mint's pretty good if you want something that just works, i've got it running on a netbook as a writing machine because of my shit handwriting and it hasn't let me down
>>
Install dat shit right now boiiiiiii
>>
>>58196866
Better off with Debian
>>
>>58202860
for me to poop on.
>>
Mint is the best if you want cinnamon, if you want MATE go Ubuntu MATE no point

Mint is literally Ubuntu LTS, the most popular distro, with a few basic "mint" apps and Cinnamon DE thrown on top

any post calling it insecure is a lie, their website got hacked for 1 day and 1 link redirected you to a corrupted .iso for less than 12 hours

anything people post about "updates" is bullshit, mint gets every update Ubuntu LTS does but the mint update app allows you to pick and choose what you want to install

if you are new to Linux it's perfect because everything works out of the box, freefags hate it because it comes with media codecs (lol evil codecs be mad stallman we watchin' videos)
>>
>>58196866
Just install Windows 10.

It's basically Mint with more programs.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.