[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this the power of Nvidia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: switch.png (326KB, 785x663px) Image search: [Google]
switch.png
326KB, 785x663px
is this the power of Nvidia?
>>
By my measurements, this GPU was great back in 2007.
If we get one that was great in 2009, maybeyou'll be able to play Crysis on it.
>>
>>58196724
>nintendo
>powerful hardware
pick one
They've always had the shit hardware in each console gen with the exception of 6th gen.
>>
>>58196724
/v/-Graphics don't matter.
/v/-LOL NINTENDO FAIL WEAKER THAN PS4.

I honestly don't care how powerful the Switch is as long as it has good games like the 3ds.
>>
>>58196944
fuck you I want kh3 on it but it never happen
>>
>>58196944
>Nintendo
>good games
Yeah maybe 15 years ago.
>>
>>58196724

>Erik Kane

Why not toss in some hard hitting predictions from Michael Pachter while you're at it?
>>
>>58196991
uh what?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOIunBRqvfo

even FFVII Remake is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg
>>
>>58196724
With that packaging, it's not entirely surprising.
>>
I'll be happy enough if it outperforms the Wii U while portable. That'd be fairly impressive for its size.

I have a Tablet with a K1 processor in it, and that emulates gamecube impressively well. X1 should do better I hope.
>>
File: CpxAMFz.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
CpxAMFz.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
My 4870 shits on this. ;-)
>>
>>58196935
>What is Nintendo 64
>>
>>58196724
To be fair that article was written in reaction to an earlier round of rumors that stated the Switch would be a lot less powerful than the most recent round of rumors has stated it to be.
>>
>>58197436
>I'll be happy enough if it outperforms the Wii U while portable.
It already sounds like it will outperform it docked, but I very much doubt it will outperform it undocked. The battery is only 33% better than the Galaxy S7, they'll have to underclock it a bit to make it run more than a couple hours.
>>
>needing powerful hardware to run rehashed 30 year old kiddie games

le nostalagia xddd
>>
From all accounts it sounds roughly as powerful as a PS3/Xbox when undocked and a Wii U when docked (Wii U was roughly 2x more powerful than a PS3, but due to shitty dev support and other factors, somehow multiplatform games managed to run worse)

And honestly, Having a PS3 level system in my hands isn't so bad sounding.
>>
>>58196935
the gamecube had the best hardware of it's generation, but it was held back by the mini discs
>>
>>58199079
No it didn't. The Xbox was faster.
>>
>>58196944
getting 60fps is a great metric to aim for. 1080p fidelity is secondary, as no one wants 480p 60fps if they can help it
>>
>>58199090
dear lord why did the xbox need to be that powerful for it's time, if it had the game support of the PS2 it probably would have won out over everyone
>>
>>58199129
it had Halo and that's all it needed, name one PS2 game that has stood the test of time?
>>
>>58199159
MGS3
>>
>>58199159
Metal Gear Solid?

2 came out on PC but no one cared about it, and 3 was exclusive for a long while

also the rachet and clank games, and sly cooper games.
>>
>>58198312
clusterfuck architecture and expenisve 64mb cartridges while others used 600mb cds
>>
>>58197180
2016 - 15 = 2001

Luigi's Mansion is awesome.
Super Mario Galaxy is awesome.

Splatoon is the goddamn cat's pajamas and the only game I ever need for the rest of my life ever again.
>>
>>58199195
>the rachet and clank games, and sly cooper games.
none of those broke through to the world

>Metal Gear Solid
Is that really all we have from that console? Guess Halo and MGS are the only notable games from that generation.
>>
>>58199296
And Melee is still played at EVO
>>
Are all the WiiU games getting ported to the switch? if not i might just opt for the WiiU instead when they go cheap
>>
>>58199335
Aside from the Xeno Games is anything else even worth playing on the WiiU?

Most of the games should be getting a port anyways
>>
>>58199296
PS has always been a weeb machine. It has tons of japan only shit.
>>
>>58199360
Bayonetta 1/2, Wonderful 101, and DKC Tropical Freeze are great.
>>
Is Nintendo ok with paying for the dev on all their games? I don't see how they can release a new console that is behind in power by 8 years then expect 3rd party studios to do anything with it. At least Sony with the PS4 made an environment that was nurturing to indie devs. Maybe this new Ninto product can run 16bit indie games at 30fps, maybe.
>>
>>58199694
Nintendo 3rd party games? like which ones? i can't name a single one from the last 2 generations of nintendo products.
think that side of Nintendo is dead.
>>
>>58199017
>Having a PS3 level system in my hands isn't so bad sounding.
We already got PS Vitas.
>>
>>58196724
>>>/v/
>>
>>58196724
Like every Nintendo console for the last 3-4 generations.
>>
>>58199712
That's my point. Their console market is going to eventually disappear because not enough people want to buy a $300 system for Wii Yoga every generation. I just don't think they can keep this model up with Mario and Luigi games.

Not that they couldn't stay profitable for the next 50 years on their handheld revenues though. I'm talking home console.
>>
>>58199859
that's why the switch is made to be handheld first and home console second, hopefully the awful specs atleast makes the battery last longer
for me personally, i my last nintendo 'console' was the GBA and i had like 2 games on it.
I want to play nintendo games but i don't want nintendo consoles, i actually don't want any consoles right now but if i had to get one, nintendo would be lowest on my list.

if they put their shit on pc though?
>>
>>58196724
The Switch will have very underwhelming specs but it really doesn't matter to most people. Nobody will ever get the Switch to play The Witcher 3, they'll get it to play Zelda and Mario and Smash

PC + Nintendo is the optimal gaming combination.
>>
>>58200023
Let me fire up steam and play my favorite game Bloodborne...wait.
>>
>>58199808
Vita is far below a ps3, it's about as powerful as an iPad 2, uses more or less the same GPU and a similarly powerful ARM processor.

But it's able to do some nice texture filtering and only needs to run at 900x550ish resolution so it can punch above it's weight so to speak.
>>
>>58199202
Solid state storage my dude. While you were still waiting for twisted metal to load, I had already reached Hyrule castle.
>>
>>58198982
So I should play edgy, quicktime event ridden, COD clones instead? Nah, I'll take my fun kiddie games.
>>
>>58196724
Why do you care about the console for the kids?

and why do i have to fart a ton when writing this up, fucking faggots
>>
>>58199202
That doesn't mean the hardware wasn't powerful. The Nintendo 64 had the absolute best graphics. The loading times were also amazing. The console literally only had one truly tragic flaw: horribly tiny storage space relative to CD.

Sure, the PS1 could play CDs. Big whoop. Not a killer feature for someone who wanted the best looking games.
>>
>>58196935
They had powerfull hardware with SNES, N64, and GameCube.
>>
>>58199571
>It has tons of japan only shit.
The number of JRPGS the PS/PS2 had is what gave it a leg over most other consoles.

>>58199959
>I want to play nintendo games but i don't want nintendo consoles, i actually don't want any consoles right now but if i had to get one, nintendo would be lowest on my list.
That's why I got a hacked psp when I was in high school, put a bunch of PS1/NES/SNES/GBA games on it and I was all set for a few years.
>>
>>58196935
>pick one
REEEEEEEEEE fuck you faggot, nintendo need to do both, they have been needing to for over a fucking decade
>>
>>58196724
I'm guessing of course that this is due to product development times overlapping and such, but they should have put a Pascal GPU into the switch instead of Maxwell, giving one of the New'n'Exciting™ features of Pascal is the scaleability of the hardware
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-28_01-01-11.png (91KB, 860x723px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-28_01-01-11.png
91KB, 860x723px
>>58199159
Quite a few
>>
>>58199090
>pentium 3
>faster than powerpc
>ever
>>
>>58204946
The PPC core Nintendo used was similar to Apples G3 which lacked Altivec. Pentium 3 had SSE.
>>
I wish Nintendo would just bite the bullet and go straight for a tegra 2 chip inside. They seem to be seriously courting third party support this gen, and its a shame that this console will have to spend its whole life cycle being gimped by an old chip. The only option for more power seems to be a NN3DS style refresh, but how many games actually took advantage of that?
>>
>>58199094

Thankfully someone analysed the live demo of Breath of the Wild on Jimmy Fallon and there were literally zero dropped frames, even while four or five explosions were going at the same time.
>>
File: 220px-Bono_U2_360_Tour_2011.jpg (12KB, 220x160px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Bono_U2_360_Tour_2011.jpg
12KB, 220x160px
>>58200531
BUT THERE'S STILLLLLLL
ONLY ONE
GAME FOR PS4
>>
>>58196944

And if it has any hope of good games being on it, it needs to be on relevant hardware.

Instead it'll retire with a dozen must-have first party titles just like every fucking Ninty console since the 64.
>>
>>58201599

> Disgusting garoud shaded polys.
> Even more disgusting fog filter at post.

Your nostalgia goggles are on too tight.
>>
>>58200531
Yeah bud you can't have it all unless you get every console. PC + Nintendo will give you the most coverage by far though.

Unless you're a gigantic weeb I guess, then the PS4 probably has a ton of Japanese only exclusives.
>>
>>58196724
>forbes
lol
>>
>>58199959
The battery on the 3DSes is great.
>>
>>58201505
But anon, it's for melenials, didn't you see the advert?
>>
>>58208249
Forbes is the only objective non biased news outlet when it comes to video games.
>>
>>58196935
yes but the better the graphic the worse the game every single time
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.