[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Desktop Cleaning Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: de_dust.jpg (206KB, 1000x644px) Image search: [Google]
de_dust.jpg
206KB, 1000x644px
What are the best methods to clean your desktop PC thoroughly?

Would you use compressed air, rubbing alcohol or other cleaning solutions and at what components?

Do you have a good guide to recommend?
>>
>>58196466
Never used anything else than compressed air. I guess rubbing alcohol is good if you really want to have it as clean as day 1.

>Put case on the floor, in the center of a room
>compress air the shit out of it
>Put case back where it belongs
>vacuum the remains
>>
i work at a computer refurbish shop, and we use a painting brush + a vacum cleaner. the brush does not create any static electricity. just brush the motherboard.
>>
Compressed air to blow out dusty things

Isopropyl alcohol to clean thermal paste if you want to replace a cooler or just replace the paste

Microfiber cloth if you want to polish things for ricing
>>
If its a smoke filled PC, i'd wash everything in dishwasher or use a hose. Make sure completely dry before putting back together. Water won't hurt the PC. Or just be sensible and throw that disgusting shit away.

If just dusty PC, use air compressor. Higher PSI and you won't have to deal with shit squirting out of the canned air and coating your electronics.
>>
>>58196466
>a good guide to recommend

Actually people will pay you to practice cleaning. I'm sure you could get 7.50/hr studying if you really put your heart into it.
>>
>>58196466
I have a data vac handheld air compressor that I got as a gift that works very well. I also have a data vac vaccum that is designed for cleaning computers and printers that I got for $10 from my university's surplus store, that retails for almost $300.

https://www.amazon.com/Metro-ED500-DataVac-500-Watt-Electric/dp/B001J4ZOAW/

https://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-DV3ESD1-DataVac-Anti-Static/dp/B000RMQJBK/

Rubbing alcohol is useful for reapplying thermal paste.

At work we use a full sized air compressor in a room that has a fan and vent to pull all of the dust out of the room.
>>
>>58197757
Just watch out for your compressor type, some cheap ass shit uses crap oil lubricant, and that could leave back a thin layer of residue on your components
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.