[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily Applel hate thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 10

File: 1456880632920.jpg (137KB, 722x715px) Image search: [Google]
1456880632920.jpg
137KB, 722x715px
Let's be honest here
OSX is the only OS that has no practical value whatsoever. If it stopped existing all of a sudden one day, no one would care.

>Windows
Professional content creators use windows
Office tasks and desktops are on windows
Gamers use windows
A few Servers run on windows

>Linux
IT, sysadmins use Linux
Supercomputers, embedded chip and Android runs on Linux
Linux and FreeBSD has top quality emulation technology
Majority of Servers run on Linux

>Mac OSX
Tech illiterate hipsters that need a shiny facebook machine need OSX
Unironically faggots use OSX even Apple CEO is a faggot and steve jobs was a smelly hipster who thought taking shower is not necessary (Not kidding)

Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence
PROTIP: You can't
>>
I never thought about it, but you're right. If Linux stopped existing right now, the Internet would stop working. Communications would cease. If we include just the Kernel, then 80% of phones would stop working. The world would basically grind to a halt.

If macs stopped working right now, some faggot in starbucks would go "ugh, seriously?".
>>
>>58192606
Compressor is a pretty decent video encoding program
>>
>>58192606
>Linux and FreeBSD has top quality emulation technology
Stopped reading there, two totally different things.
Also macOS is a flavor of BSD as much as FreeBSD is.
>>
>>58192606
>Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence
It takes full advantage of the best portable computer hardware (MacBooks).

Not talking about new Macs or Sierra though. Anything before 2015 is great tho.
I guess you're right tho, It's going downhill.

Also >>58195312, OP is a tech illiterate.
>>
>>58192606
It makes it easier to spot and avoid fags.
>>
>>58196043
Same could be said about Linux.
99% of it's users are autistic ricefags too.
>>
>>58196053
Very original insults there. It's not even funny discussing anything on this board, not because you get called names, but because you get called the same generic names since 2007. This place hasn't evolved, it can't have an original idea, just spout cuck, autist, fedora, "is X a meme?"

I'd move to reddit, but then I'd have to deal with tons of "IMHO"
>>
>>58196130
Thanks for the gold stranger!
>>
>>58196130
Took you almost 10 years to finally get it?
>>
>>58196185
EDIT: Downvotes, seriously?

>>58196194
I've known for a while, there just isn't really an alternative. Some sub-reddits, I guess, and other chans that I never bothered to look much into. I still think I'm in a blacklist somewhere because I went to M@sterchan a few times.
>>
>>58192606
The fact that people use it.
>>
Do you think apples official servers are running macs or normal servers?
>>
>>58192606
>a few servers use windows

Linux is 38% of servers, windows is 32%.
>>
>Don't own any apple products
>Just applied for an engineering job at Apple.
Wish me luck /g/
>>
>>58196428
get AIDS
>>
>>58196463
That's what he's trying to do.
>>
File: applebjandroid.jpg (260KB, 1650x1080px) Image search: [Google]
applebjandroid.jpg
260KB, 1650x1080px
>>
>>58196353
No company would run a server on HFS, not even the company that develops HFS. It would make no sense to run a server on macOS in general. Besides, the hardware itself isn't even good for servers, where's the ECC RAM?
>>
>>58196859
>where's the ECC RAM?
>what is Mac Pro
>what is Xserve

They literally have been selling a consumer level workstation with ECC for over a decade.

also
>HFS sucks meme
nice meme
>>
>>58197257
>what is Mac Pro
Something not fit for a server.

>what is Xserve
A discontinued product.

>nice meme
Yes, everything you don't like is a meme. Tell me, would you run a multi-petabyte-tier server on HFS when ZFS exists?
>>
>>58192606

It's funny how you count BSD in the Linux category. What is OSX again?

Also Microsoft has always been a SOFTWARE company, while Macintosh has always been a HARDWARE company. Yes, today apple does also software, but only because they need it for their various hardware devices.
>>
>>58193500
/thread
>>
>>58195312
>flavor of BSD
NO retard. It's mach with bits of pieces of BSD userland thrown in, Not like a fucking hipster would know. Go back to your starbucks immediately
>>
>>58197353
>le OSX is BSD :DDDD
When will computer illiterate mactoddlers learn?
>>
>>58197353
>What is OSX again?
An abomination consisting of 3 different kernels strapped to each other, one of which is the BSD kernel. Hardly 'a flavor of BSD'.
>>
>>58192606
You're wrong OP. Lots of people would rather use a real computer from a company with experience in making them. I use MacOS right now. Creating content for my company as well. Not sure why I would use anything else.
>>
>>58197514
>Lots of people would rather use a real computer from a company with experience in making them.
And this would be Apple?

Tell me something, you're a webdev, aren't you?
>>
File: SonnetxMacProServerP4082031Web.jpg (158KB, 886x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SonnetxMacProServerP4082031Web.jpg
158KB, 886x1200px
>>58197324
>Tell me, would you run a multi-petabyte-tier server on HFS when ZFS exists?
>multi-petabyte-tier server
yes, most web servers are multi-petabyte-tier servers, topkek
>>
>>58197381
>It's mach with bits of pieces of BSD userland thrown in
>userland
TOPKEK, the parts of BSD it uses are kernel level
>>
>>58197582
Where exactly did I mention webservers? Just answer my question, or admit you have no clue what you're talking about.

>>58197600
There's lots of userspace stuff there as well, as well as GNU stuff.
>>
>>58197353
Apple has always been a software company too, what the fuck did you try to say?

>>58197381
>>58197413
>>58197434
Holy shit, people who have never worked with Darwin before, especially not for a decade, calling others hipsters and retards.
>>
>>58197600
retard
>>
Windows stops working:
>Shit tier financial markets crash
>Hospitals and airports go offline
>Every enterprise piece of software is useless
>PC mustard rice regroups on Linux, thanks Valve
>USS Nimitz is left stranded at sea until someone tries to reboot the reactor with a Ubuntu thumb drive

Linux stops working:
>Half the internet is gone
>Android is gone
>Important shit like stock exchanges are gone
>Most of the world's military equipment stops working

Mac OS stops working:
>Graphics designers lose some work
>schools still using Mac OS9 finally have to upgrade Jesus Christ
>>
>>58197626
I'm >>58197434, explain how what I said was wrong please.
>>
File: 1469633195011.jpg (102KB, 624x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1469633195011.jpg
102KB, 624x1024px
Hourly reminder, the ONLY reason you buy apple shit is that because you are either too retard to buy a proper laptop or a hipster who wants to feel special
>>
>>58197621
>There's lots of userspace stuff there as well, as well as GNU stuff.
Yes, lots of kernel stuff, plus as you mentioned, userspace and GNU.

It's as far from BSD as FreeBSD is nowadays, FreeBSD being just monolithic, with modular drivers, while macOS Mach is hybrid with kernel level modular drivers and as you mentioned, GNU shit ripped from muh free software.
>>
>>58197642
>>Half the internet is gone
Almost all, webservers = Linux
Windows works on other specific servers
>>
>>58197655
Well I disagree, if the kernel is split three-ways I hardly consider it as close to BSD as FreeBSD that uses only the BSD kernel, but this isn't a very interesting discussion.
>>
>>58197654
I don't need a nipple mouse to do video editing on a train.
My MacBook 2010 that I got in 2012 as second hand still works great and is my main portable machine.
It's much more comfortable than any of my even newer ThinkPads and works fine, robustness wise also.

I need a machine to use not to tinker with.
>>
>>58197704
That's the point, it isn't split, it's joined. The BSD part is mostly like it was 20 years ago. Same like FreeBSDs kernel is now. Mach just being hybrid with some other shit thrown in it.
>>
>>58197721
>I need a machine to use not to tinker with.
Any laptop fits this criteria, Thinkpads are pretty much creme de la creme in this actually.
>>
>>58192606
OS X is genuinely better than Windows for media production though. It's got much better compatibility with audio equipment
>>
>>58197768
and it's audio engine is more robust. Most audio interfaces don't need drivers and can run off OS X's coreaudio
>>
>>58197751
If you're not into the nipple mouse then ThinkPads are useless.

The touchpad on even a 7 year old MacBook is far superior than any synaptic touchpad on a ThinkPad, not to mention good battery life and display, without tinkering.
>>
>>58197785
Well sure, for trackpads, but why would THAT be your priority? If I value a keyboard above everything (and if you program 8 hours/day, you should), nothing on Earth will beat a pre-T420 Thinkpad. I personally don't care that much about trackpads, the current MBP's is probably the best I've used, but the keyboard is atrocious.

And again, Thinkpads are the most thinkering-free machines on the planet. For fuck's sake, you can empty a water bottle on them and they'll keel running.
>>
>>58197642
>Windows
>an OS created for offices
>sold with almost every x86 computer since 1990
>hospitals and shit use it as the basis for their software (even though I know most hospitals nowadays use Macs at the user level)
>runs on everything Microsoft

>Linux
>great networking and server OS
>shitty and useless desktop OS
>used in phones also
>actual reason why airplanes and financial markets would crash

>macOS
>build as a desktop OS from the start
>build for productivity and creation software
>used on Apples shitPhones

The way you explained it, macOS is doing perfectly what it's ment for, a good desktop OS
>>
>>58197830
>shitty and useless desktop OS
Weird, I'm using Arch to reply to your uneducated opinion just fine...

>build as a desktop OS from the start
Nigga are you joking? The kernel alone is made from 3 different systems,nothing about it was 'made from the start'.
>>
>>58197828
>but why would THAT be your priority?
Performance vise there isn't really any difference anymore for 90% of the stuff you could do.

Both keyboards are fine, the old ThinkPads and pre-this-year MacBooks, both have fine distinguishable keys to the touch and good travel.

Today's interfaces are sadly oriented at mouse use, I mean even the multi-platform software, so a great touchpad is a must for me, specially with gestures.

Also I don't empty water bottles into my laptop. But I know it's neat.
>>
>>58197869
>Weird, I'm using Arch to reply to your uneducated opinion just fine...

Go ahead and try to deploy arch onto all of HR's + the C-Level's PCs, tell me how well that works out for you.
The average person's skillset ends at operating an iPhone; arch would effectively render a computer useless.
>>
>>58192606
Theres not one thing windows can do over either osx or linux can. Not to mention audio video or anything that demands ram. The only program built on dx is 3ds max. Im not even going to get into file size limits due to ntfs and fat being useless. Windows 10 is easily the worst os out their. Osx is at least unix certified
>>
>>58197869
>Weird, I'm using Arch to reply to your uneducated opinion just fine...
Hows all that awesome non-open productivity and creation software running?
Glad you have a OS that was build for desktop use, not having to use a client-server architecture to display it's desktop to the user on the machine it's running on...oh wait.

>Nigga are you joking? The kernel alone is made from 3 different systems,nothing about it was 'made from the start'.
So? It's a hybrid kernel and it runs fine, it's tuned for it's own hardware, macOS was made as a desktop/workstation OS with great network compatibility, way back with NeXTStep.
Also it's not 3 different systems, it's a from scratch kernel with heavy BSD components and influence, made to use with NeXTStep, what was made to be a desktop/workstation OS.
>>
>>58197830
no hospital is using a mac. maybe a private doctor's office that had some fag tech telling the owners that macs were better
>>
>>58197963
not him but the local hospital near me has iMacs on every desk =/
>>
>>58197947
sure, there is. windows will actually run properly while macos freezes and crashes under the lightest of loads
>>
>>58197963
Probably true when you live outside of US.
>>
>>58197950
tuned for its own hardware and yet it still runs like shit with hundreds of major flaws that never get fixed.
>>
>>58197996
>windows will actually run properly while macos freezes and crashes under the lightest of loads
citation needed, using macOS for heavy workloads with a uptime of 20 days, can't remember the last time crashing
>>
>>58197885
>Both keyboards are fine
>the old ThinkPads and pre-this-year MacBooks, both have fine distinguishable keys to the touch and good travel.
See, this right here is how I know you're either a shill or just fooling yourself. So the trackpad is miles ahead, but the keyboard is pretty much the same? Ignoring how the thinkpad has way more travel, stronger feedback and more contour on the keys.

>>58197916
>Go ahead and try to deploy arch onto all of HR's + the C-Level's PCs, tell me how well that works out for you.
Definitely not Arch, but RHEL or Ubuntu would work just fine.
>The average person's skillset ends at operating an iPhone
Uh maybe try not hiring legally-braindead people then.

>>58197950
>Hows all that awesome non-open productivity and creation software running?
Fine.
>Glad you have a OS that was build for desktop use, not having to use a client-server architecture to display it's desktop to the user on the machine it's running on...oh wait.
Oh it's you again. The last time you posted this I asked you to explain to me how this affected my experience, but you ran away :/ shall we try again?
>>
>>58197979
>>58198001
you're confusing private offices with hospitals. hospitals don't have more than a few computers at reception and registration. the rest of the stuff is consoles running embedded windows or linux applications
>>
>>58198053
see
>>58197830
>use Macs at the user level
>actual reason why airplanes and financial markets would crash (add hospitals to this list)
>>
>>58197642
>Linux stops working:
>>Half the internet is gone
I'd say 95%, since the majority of networking gear is on Linux. Even if you're a BSD guy, there is certainly a router under Linux somewhere on your cyber-path to the server.
>>
>>58192606
> no one would care
Macfags would, and they generate a lot of money for iOS/OS X developers.
>>
>>58198040
>Oh it's you again. The last time you posted this I asked you to explain to me how this affected my experience, but you ran away :/ shall we try again?
Sorry, you must be mistaking me? I can't even remember last time I was talking about Linux.
>how this affected my experience
Glad you think you're getting that 100% graphics performance out of your hardware you paid for.
>>
>>58198040
You've clearly never worked IT before, 90% of people will just learn the bare minimum to get their job done, and when something changes from the way it's been for the past 20 years, there's hell to pay.

Trying to switch over to a *buntu or RH environment would cause untold pain, between the endless requests for the "start button", incompatibilities between MS office and Libreoffice, and general quirks of the OS that you or I would think nothing of.

>Uh maybe try not hiring legally-braindead people then
Sure, I'll convince the big boss to fire everyone with decades of experience in their respective fields, just because they aren't proficient in a server OS.
>>
>>58192606
Apple is proof that style > substance for the average consumer. They are almost like a marketing firm that just happens to sell tech. The last cool thing they made was the ipod most of what they make now are just derivitives of that. If you have the right matketing you can sell stupid people anything.
>>
>>58198040
>Ignoring how the thinkpad has way more travel, stronger feedback and more contour on the keys.
I could say the exact same "this right here is how I know you're either a shill or just fooling yourself", get a 2012 MacBook for example, the key are distinguishable from each other nicely by touch, just like the ThinkPads keyboard, ThinkPads having each key close next to each other and bend down on the edges, while MacBooks have a grid (and newer ThinkPads) with sharp corners, the keys have nice travel (don't look at this years shitBook), are quiet, good resistance before clicking down, literary takes same push to press them down, having a ThinkPad and MacBook side by side right now and testing.
>>
>>58198087
Every Cisco Nexus device runs a version of Linux, along with all ASAs.

Shit would grind to halt real fast.
>>
>>58197947
Lets be honest windows is not perfect but its the best all around OS. Their is a reason is easily the most used OS of all time
>>
>>58198100
>Sorry, you must be mistaking me? I can't even remember last time I was talking about Linux.
Right, it was someone posting the exact same thing as you using the exact same terms 24 hours ago.

>Glad you think you're getting that 100% graphics performance out of your hardware you paid for.
Ah so we went from "it's a server OS because it uses C/S architecture for the display even though servers don't include display managers" to "it's not 100% optimized". You're very welcome to show me a benchmark of Wayland vs the macOS graphical stack.

>>58198122
>You've clearly never worked IT before, 90% of people will just learn the bare minimum to get their job done
Yes I know. My dad is nearing 60 and uses Fedora daily just fine, it's almost like this issue exists mostly in your head.

>Sure, I'll convince the big boss to fire everyone with decades of experience in their respective fields
When did I said they should be fired?
>just because they aren't proficient in a server OS.
What server OS? What are you even talking about? I don't even understand your strawman.

>>58198154
I was comparing to the 2014/2015 MBP's since those are what I used, I've probably typed on a 2012 MBP, but I have no idea. Compared to a 2015 the Thinkpad wins by a big margin and compared to the abomination that is the 2016 MBP's keyboard it's several orders of magnitude better.

>>58198175
>Their
Pajeet detected.
>is a reason is easily the most used OS of all time
Well then Macdonald's is the best all around food because it's the one most people eat.
>>
>>58198195
>exact same terms 24 hours ago.
Could not have been me then, 24 hours ago I was somewhere in Poland taking a nap while driving 2000KMs home from Spain, without a data roaming plan to even peak at 4chan.
>>
>>58198195
>"it's not 100% optimized"
X is well optimised for it's task, but a daily desktop and workstation use is not one of them.

>You're very welcome to show me a benchmark of Wayland vs the macOS graphical stack.
>Wayland
Get back to me when X isn't used as the primary way anymore, Fedora doesn't count.
Also last time I tried Fedora with Wayland out of the box, a few months ago, it was extremely buggy.
>>
>>58198195
>Yes I know. My dad is nearing 60 and uses Fedora daily just fine, it's almost like this issue exists mostly in your head.

If you've ever needed to sit there and step someone through something as trivial as opening a webpage, you'd understand the support nightmare that installing Linux on every user's desktop would be. Most companies and organizations simply don't have the resources to do that.

You said we shouldn't hire "legally-brain dead" people. So we either fire the current staff and find people who know linux, or we invest a TON of time trying to get everyone on board.

RHEL is a server-oriented OS.
>>
>>58198195
>Compared to a 2015 the Thinkpad
X1's keys are horrible, desu, feels like a macbook, ruined forever
>>
>>58198264
>X is well optimised for it's task, but a daily desktop and workstation use is not one of them.
I agree, thank God for Wayland huh?

>Get back to me when X isn't used as the primary way anymore, Fedora doesn't count.
Oh wow, why not? Linux is not a single distro, it's fair that I get to compare macOS to a single distro. I use 2 distros, one is Arch, the other is Wayland, explain why these don't count. Also, where's the benchmark I asked for?

>Also last time I tried Fedora with Wayland out of the box, a few months ago, it was extremely buggy.
Ok, and the last time I used macOS I felt the same way, am I supposed to care about your anedoctal evidence?

>>58198296
Well a few years of installing Linux and seeing people's problems disappear makes me disagree, but ok. So companies should not move to macOS either, correct?
>>
File: IMG-20161227-WA0001.jpg (7KB, 313x161px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161227-WA0001.jpg
7KB, 313x161px
>>58198195
You can always tell when you made a point someone dosent know how to counter when all they can say in reply is your grammer is wrong... also McDonald's is not the most eaten food in the would you fat basterd
>>
>>58198429
I didn't just bitch about your grammar, so that point is null. Your fallacy is an ad populum, you're saying popularity correlates with quality. It doesn't.
>>
>>58198422
>why not?
They are literary testing their shitty Wayland with you.
>>
>>58197514
>a real computer
>mac

It is now 1:40. I will be laughing until 5:10.
>>
>>58198422
not him but don't get back here before you have read the whole article

>Why Linux is not (yet) Ready for the Desktop

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=why+linux+is+not+a+desktop+os
>>
>>58198501
I'm happy to help ^.^

>>58198576
If you already know why, can you post the main reasons?
>>
>>58198590
>I'm happy to help ^.^
But I need a solid operating environment.

>can't remember last time macOS froze or crashed on me
>still remember several crashes from Fedora with Wayland from a few months ago
>>
>>58198626
>still remember several crashes from Fedora with Wayland from a few months ago
you where probably using it wrong
>>
>>58198626
Ok long story short, anedoctal evidence can't be used in a formal argument. Fedora sucked for you, it works flawlessly for me. macOS works great for you, it fucked up on lots of things that worked great for me. This is vague though, it's not "there's this bug reported where this behaviour happens in these conditions", it's "things failed somethimes".

I use macOS on my work. It works good for daily stuff, but things like updates and installs have a tendency to screw up, and HFS in my experience is a bad filesystem. I'm not on some crusade to prove Apple a shit because every OS that isn't TempleOS works fine for daily use, but it's not the pinnacle of OS design.
>>
>>58198590
>If you already know why, can you post the main reasons?
just as an example, read wayland and X points from the article, already it lost its desktop OS usability VS other operating systems on the market
>>
>>58198706
>but it's not the pinnacle of OS design.
Neither did I ever say it was.
I just said it was designed as a desktop OS and works great as one, where's Linux was not and does have it's problems with it. Also the link anon posted about Linux desktop use is real interesting, it's pointing out the flaws well.
>>
>>58198749
>where's Linux was not
Linux is not a fucking OS. Fedora is, and it's not designed for servers.
>and does have it's problems with it.
Well show me these problems. Show me how Fedora was with Wayland (or even X, whatever) is worse than the macOS graphical stack.
>read the article
Well, can someone please post ONE point? I can tell you that unicorns exist and then tell you to read War And Peace as a source, and technically I provided a source, but it's not really fair.
>>
>>58192606
this thread again
>>
>>58198835
>Linux is not a fucking OS
Linux distro* then.

The base is all the same systemd or GNU, using X or Wayland.
>>
>>58198835
>Well, can someone please post ONE point?
see
>>58198716

Now you're just denying it, asking for more sources because you don't like it. Kek.
>>
Why are you bitter poor ones talking about Apple more than the people who use their products? Why?
>>
>>58192606
>Professional content creators use OS X
>Office tasks and desktops are on OS X
>Gamers should not exist
>OS X has just as good emulation technology
>OS X has a whole Server edition unlike BSD
>real programmers use OS X: creator of Unix, creator of FreeBSD, Brian Kernighan
>>
>>58198906
don't bother he already said he uses Arch so he is too in love with he's kernel to accept any flaws in it, he can't see the fact that graphics performance is worse and it lacks any useful workstation software what's a must for anything other than a facebook machine
>>
>>58198923
You need to find a reason to not hate yourself for not being able to afford it.
Might aswell be because they are just freetards and hate it because its nonfree, but thats another reason to find acceptance in the fact you dont have it.
>>
>>58198906
>asking for more sources
What source did you post, you fucking retard? You posted a le ebin lmgtfy XD, not an article outlining points. Do you have any clue how formal discourse works? Do you think academia papers have bibliographies consisting of your 9gag response?

>>58198955
>he can't see the fact that graphics performance is worse
I asked for proof of this about 7 posts ago and something tells me I'm not going to get it, but you're going to keep preaching it.
>>
>>58196130
>I'd move to reddit

Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>58199105
Cool dude, you stopped about 10 words before the end. So badass.
>>
File: timdance.webm (281KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
timdance.webm
281KB, 384x384px
>>58192606
>tfw niggas hate apple
>>
>>58199209
>white people
>>
>>58198998
>What source did you post, you fucking retard?
I didn't post it. But even I had the smarts to open that link and take the first article with the named "Why Linux is not (yet) Ready for the Desktop", like he explained.

AHAHAH, seriously you didn't understand it? You didn't know how to open the article? Obviously he posted lmgtfy because I just tried posting the URL for the article and it thinks it's spam.

Holy shit, let me laugh again, holy shit how dumb. No wonder, you didn't even see the points.
>>
File: 1478273190618.jpg (536KB, 1415x1409px) Image search: [Google]
1478273190618.jpg
536KB, 1415x1409px
>>58198998
>What source did you post, you fucking retard? You posted a le ebin lmgtfy XD, not an article outlining points. Do you have any clue how formal discourse works? Do you think academia papers have bibliographies consisting of your 9gag response?
>getting this butthurt when youre even too dumb to open up the first link in google
>>
>>58199343
>I didn't post it.
So you're bitching that I didn't read a source that you didn't post. You're clinically retarded.

>>58199368
It's not a source. No one here researched any of the claims you two morons made, you posted a google search and hoped something would come up that proved your shit.
Here, I can prove unicorns exist: just google "reasons why unicorns exist".

I'm still waiting on those benchmarks by the way. In fact, I'm waiting for you to post A SINGLE SOURCE for ANY claim you've made. And no, I didn't expect to ever have to explain this to anyone, but a google search is not a source.
>>
Reminder that now that windows is cheap and just works to the point even a sub-100 IQ retard can use a computer, Mac is not relevant anymore and Apple is just grabbing shekels with overpriced smartphones.
>>
>>58199425
>but a google search is not a source.

Alright know I know you're trolling because you fail to open the FIRST article, smile because this article can't be posted on this thread because 4chans spam filter won't let you.

Nobody can't be this dumb.

>So you're bitching that I didn't read a source that you didn't post. You're clinically retarded.
Yes, because it was already posted, why should I imply I posted it if it proves the same thing?

Holy shit, I seriously hope this is bait. Guessing he's a Arch user he probably thinks he's funny.
>>
>>58192606
I used to be an applecuck because they had nice hardware and software. Now, after the shitty lightning connector, no headphone port and OS X getting buggier and more bloated with every
update I'm not buying any of their shit. Jobs was the QC and cared about his products (though he had some missteps), Tim Cuck is just greedy and wants shekels.
>>
>>58199425
>I'm still waiting on those benchmarks by the way.

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OB-Analytics-Win-Linu-AMDNV
>>
>>58199467
Yup, sad but true.
>>
File: 1480975677870.jpg (156KB, 536x593px) Image search: [Google]
1480975677870.jpg
156KB, 536x593px
kek, linux fags got btfo from applecucks
>>
>>58199464
I'm going to try and explain this very clearly to you, because you clearly have no clue what constitutes a valid source:
First, of all, you never posted a source. Never. You posted a Google search, which is not a source. Sources have to be static in content and reproducible, i.e. I have to make sure anyone can see the same content as me. For example, if I quote Atkins: Principles of Thermodynamics 7ed, anyone can go check it because it's an actual publishing. If we open the same book, we see the same content. Google doesn't do this. The content you see isn't the same I see. If I log in on my google account, there are certain searches I make that give me different results from being logged on.
Second of all, sources have to be uniquely identified. You don't post a search and then HOPE the person clicks whatever link you clicked. Even if the search results were the same for us, the burden of proof is on you to provide a single path to your sources, there's no implication that you meant the first link.

Now let's read the article which I am assuming is by itvision.altavista and has the title "Major Linux Problems
on the Desktop, 2017 edition". I'm only going to read the summary because the rest is fuckhuge.
>No stability, bugs, regressions, regressions and regression
This one is blatantly false, at least in comparison to any other OS. The author doesn't quote any examples, and from experience this doesn't happen. And considering how almost all critical systems in the world, including most of the Internet, every Top 500 supercomputer plus the entire world banking system, runs on Linux, I'm going to assume it's not that unstable.
Continued...

>>58199483
My request:
>>58198835
>Show me how Fedora was with Wayland (or even X, whatever) is worse than the macOS graphical stack.
Your response:
>a comparison of nvidia cards in Linux and Windows.
You might be the dumbest person on whatever side of the hemisphere you're on.
>>
>>58199754
>You might be the dumbest person on whatever side of the hemisphere you're on.
Google Intel and AMD results too if you want, it's all the same.

>Wayland or X aren't using OpenGL for acceleration.
o rly?
>>
>>58199754
Contd.
>Hardware issues: Under Linux many devices and devices features are still poorly supported or not supported at all.
Linux supports more hardware than any other operating system ever made. Also considering how I asked for a comparison to macOS, which is made to run on what, 10 models of computers? Linux wins by a landslide on this one.
>The lack of standardization fragmentation, unwarranted & excessive variety, as well as no common direction or vision among different distros:
Uh again, why are we talking about Linux as a whole? I'm comparing it to macOS (this thread is about OS X after all), so it's fair to compare it to a single OS. How is Fedora not standartized or doesn't have a single vision? Also, is the author frequently confused by having choices?
>The lack of cooperation between open source developers and internal wars
When was there an internal war at Red Hat? Is this guy just basing his stuff on /g/?
>A lot of rapid changes
Use a LTS distro, what the fuck.
>Unstable APIs/ABIs & the lack of real compatibility
This one might be a valid point, I'm not entirely sure. But Apple changes APIs all the time, way more than any other developer I've seen. This is actually something Apple prides itself on.
>Software issues
This one was literally muh games. Whatever.
>Money, enthusiasm, motivation and responsibility
Red Hat made like $2B last year.

>>58199882
>Google Intel and AMD results too if you want, it's all the same.
Jesus Christ, you're stupid... You're not comparing anything to macOS. It's not about the hardware you chose, it's that macOS is not even figured on that link, it's just Windows vs Linux. And now you're telling me to look for sources for your made-up crap.
>o rly?
When did I say that, moron? Who are you quoting? I'm not even joking when I'm asking if you're retarded, like do you take medication?
>>
>>58199754
Holy shit, he posted the name of the article and the Google search was defined enough to give it as the first link or at least the first page of the search.

>considering how almost all critical systems in the world, including most of the Internet, every Top 500 supercomputer plus the entire world banking system, runs on Linux
Yes! Great server OS, nono desktop OS, wasn't that what it was about? Read the statements about X and Wayland, then compare it to benchmarks, if you won't even believe then, you're lying to yourself.

You're just now avoiding reality.

This is why I come to /g/, to see actual idiots, like animals in the zoo.
>>
>>58199754
I feel like that first paragraph was one of those copypastas like the "what di you say to me motherfucker" one.
I can practically feel you gnashing your teeth in anger and blinking all autistically just from reading this.
>>
>>58199929
>You're not comparing anything to macOS. It's not about the hardware you chose, it's that macOS is not even figured on that link, it's just Windows vs Linux.
You want some graphical benchmarks for the desktop for the OS (macOS) that has the best desktop acceleration support and only one that uses even OpenCL for it's interface acceleration?
KEK.
>>
>>58199968
Not to mention the go to for any graphics/video/3D editing.

>>58199952
This made me laugh harder than it should.
>>
>>58199933
>Yes! Great server OS, nono desktop OS
Where did it say that? Since you were unable to post a source, I quoted every part of the summary, even if some were irrelevant for your post.
>Read the statements about X and Wayland
What statements? Ctrl+F 'Wayland' has 16 matches, I'm not going to quote every single one to please you. I already responded to the entire summary for a source you didn't even post, if you want to post a quote yourself feel free?
>then compare it to benchmarks
What benchmarks? The ones that don't even mention macOS?

>>58199952
Not even an argument.

>>58199968
Yes.
>>
>>58192606
>OSX is the only OS that has no practical value whatsoever.

>Look ma i posted it again.
>>
>>58199929
>But Apple changes APIs all the time
>This is actually something Apple prides itself on

>OpenCL
>Quartz
>Cocoa
>Core Data
>Core Image
>Core Video
>Core Audio

All are APIs of macOS that have been in use for a decade and still are, the list goes on even, what APIs are you talking about that change all the time and where do you take Apple is proud of changing APIs?

wut

>Linux wins by a landslide on this one.
macOS runs great on its hardware, what's the problem? Hackintosh does not count, we are talking about Macs and macOS, far better support for it's own hardware platform then Linux has for any other. You want a good desktop, get the Mac not the ThinkPad with Linux.

Don't even bother on stalking about anything more.
>>
>>58199754
>linux runs most of the internet

This meme needs to end. Windows has like 50% server share while loonix is at 30%. The rest is bsd and ancient unixes.
>>
>>58200040
>fruity toddler toys
>good support

Good joke.
>>
>>58200065
see
>>58199998
>Not even an argument.
>>
>>58200070
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>58200083
Yes. Thanks.

Anything new?
>>
>>58200040
>macOS runs great on its hardware, what's the problem?
That link said Linux had software compatibility problems. Considering macOS runs on 10 models while Linux supports Pentium 3 processors, I'd hardly say macOS has better hardware support. if you wan to compare platform-to-platform, macOS runs fine on MBP's, Fedora runs fine on the XPS 13 (and on MBP's).
>far better support for it's own hardware platform
Which is smaller. Linux doesn't have its own hardware platform, it is compatible with much more hardware. So it wins in hardware compatibility.
>then Linux has for any other.
Blatantly false.
>>
>>58200140
>So it wins in hardware compatibility.
Yes, but we where talking about which is a better desktop OS, you can only use macOS on Macs, there's no reason to count in things like Pentium 3 support.

>Blatantly false.
>(and on MBP's).

Gimme that SMC and multi touch touchpad support on Linux with Mac's, oh wait, it's half assed, same with graphics drivers for the most part.
>>
>>58200182
>it's half assed
Just like your toddler facebookOS that still can't basic merging of folders without losing files in 2016.
>>
>>58200182
>Yes, but we where talking about which is a better desktop OS
Alright then, macs run on less desktop hardware than Fedora so it's a worse desktop OS according to this single metric.

So this was your only point? Comparing hardware compatibility to the OS that supports more hardware than any other on the planet? GG, anon.
>>
>>58200207
I have a merge option, what are you talking about? If you don't know basics then why do you even argue?

>two identical folders with identical subfolders with same files, copy them over, clicking merge and replace similar files, replaces files in the folder copied to
>two identical folders with identical subfolders with same files, copy them over, clicking merge but not clicking replace will not copy over any files that aren't different but only different files
>>
>>58200273
You can't pick the behavior for every conflict. That option doesn't exist in Finder.
>>
>>58200252
Quality wins over quantity in this matter anon.

By this logic, Volkswagens are better in every way then Mercedeses, because there's simple more of them.

>>58200288
Every SINGLE file? Don't you replace single files individually, you seriously copy a folder with 10+ files and then click Yes/No differently on every file? Because that would be counterproductive. Guess if being counterproductive is your goal, then you don't need a productive environment anyways.
>>
>>58200339
>fruity toddler OS
>productive environment
Good joke.
>>
thanks guys I'm off to sleep
this thread has been serious keks, I have never seen a loonix fag getting so butthurt because others are right
>>
>>58195344
>Best hardware
Not really. Even gaymur laptops have better specs.
>>
>>58200361
>t. butthurt mactoddler
>>
>>58197359
>t. iToddler
>>
>>58200357
Hey, I'm not judging you, I'm perfectly happy and use things taking into account their strengths and weaknesses.
You can stay behind because you force yourself to do everything with one tool.
>>
>>58200339
>Quality wins over quantity in this matter anon.
Uh why? Why does perfectly supporting 10 models make it a better desktop OS than supporting thousands?
The argument wouldn't even work because it's only true if you include hardware where macOS already runs, what if Linux runs 100% fine on hardware that macOS doesn't even support?
>By this logic, Volkswagens are better in every way then Mercedeses, because there's simple more of them.
That's not at all what I said. I didn't say Linux was better because it was more prevalent.

>>58200361
>I'm right because I said so!
Goodnight anon.
>>
>>58200369
>muh great battery life
>muh great touchpad
>muh great screen

I agree that this year's MacBooks have been the worst ever and probably that's the way it's going, since Jobs died, but a 2014+ MacBook / MacBook Pro is still the best portable computer you could own. Laptops aren't made for gayming, they are to be small and portable for on the go computing.
>>
>>58200414
>overheating throttling 800mhz trash
>best portable computer

You're not even trying.
>>
>>58200411
>Uh why? Why does perfectly supporting 10 models make it a better desktop OS than supporting thousands?
Because you can buy 100 machines with Linux on it and 1 Mac and the Mac would still be the better for desktop/workstation use, software wise.

>what if Linux runs 100% fine on hardware that macOS doesn't even support?
But macOS only runs on Mac's, we are talking about macOS vs Linux, wasn't it so?
>>
>>58196388
And the other 30%?
>>
>>58200442
>fruity toddler toy OS
>better for desktop/workstation use

lel
>>
>>58200441
People don't want 120 FPS in Crysis on a portable computer, they want it to be usable. Also I already mentioned that I didn't count in the new line of Macs.
For muh gaymen they buy a desktop PC with Windows.
>>
>>58200457
See
>>58200378

Come back when you have better bait.
>>
>>58200442
>Because you can buy 100 machines with Linux on it and 1 Mac and the Mac would still be the better for desktop/workstation use, software wise.
So we went from hardware compatibility to software productivity?

>But macOS only runs on Mac's, we are talking about macOS vs Linux, wasn't it so?
We are, and it's not my fault your OS only runs on a couple of computers. The link your lmgtfy posted said Linux didn't support a lot of hardware. Like you said, we're discussing macOS vs Linux, and macOS supports objectively less hardware than Linux. So, again, on the metric of hardware compatibility, Linux wins by a lot.
>>
>>58200471
>People don't want 120 FPS in Crysis on a portable computer, they want it to be usable.

This. Most people just want to watch Youtube without getting 3rd degree burns, but macshit can't even handle that.
>>
>>58200502
>So we went from hardware compatibility to software productivity?
No, we are comparing an OS. macOS runs on Macs, you can't blame it for not supporting something non-Mac. It's even against the EULA to use it on anything but a Mac.

>We are, and it's not my fault your OS only runs on a couple of computers.
It's not my OS, I use the tool for the job.
But you mean macOS, than macOS supports 100% of it's hardware, the hardware it claims to support, while Linux tries to support all hardware and does not.
>>
>>58200557
I do daily video decoding/encoding with a couple year old MacBook Pro, the CPU never goes over 65C.
Problem?
>>
>>58200576
Plus the fan when under load still does not sound as bad as any other 2010+ laptop I own/owned.
>>
>>58200564
>you can't blame it for not supporting something non-Mac
What? Why not? We're not discussing best desktop OS for Apple Macbook Pros, we're discussing best desktop OS. You brought up a link that mentioned hardware compatibility, not me. And like you just admitted, macOS supports only Apple hardware, while Linux supports basically everything so, for the third time, it wins.

>It's not my OS, I use the tool for the job.
Same.
>Linux tries to support all hardware and does not.
Where did Linux claim support for anything at all? Even if this were true, it supports more. Than. MacOS. If you keep trying to have this discussion be about hardware, you're going to keep losing.

So your point was:
>let's discuss hardware compatibility only where my choice has hardware compability
Fuck's sake anon.
>>
>>58200630
>So your point was:
>let's discuss hardware compatibility only where my choice has hardware compatibility
>Fuck's sake anon.

Nope, macOS runs on Macs, there's nothing to be argued about, it supports 100% of it's hardware.
I didn't make that choice, sorry, but that's how it is.

Even why are you arguing about hardware compatibility, you had to look at points in the article about what's hindering it to be a desktop/workstation OS, you buy hardware depending on the software you're going to run on it, as you agreed, tools for the job.
>>
>>58193500
Fuck, this whole thread and this reply made my day
>>
>>58200715
Think about it, we would need just a way to destroy Linux to end normies and neckbeards riceautists.
>>
>>58200733
>>58200733
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>58200779
Sorry nope, Windows 10 toddler.
>>
>>58200040
>bring out counter argument about APIs
>no argument
gg anon
>>
>>58200914
Well, what's there to argue? The thing about APIs is true, Apples doesn't change them often and the ones that exist are solid.
>>
Apple is a fashion brand and acts like that
Pretends to be toptech.
Prioritices aesthetic over functionallity
Its intentionally expensive even the specks dont justify the point price
Pushes his branding like no tomorrow
Spreads cult meme books about them self
>>
File: 1413971231201.png (14KB, 619x504px) Image search: [Google]
1413971231201.png
14KB, 619x504px
>>58193745
>yfw Compressor 4.3 update adds dark theme but breaks every other function

Thanks Apple
>>
>>58200455
Unix
>>
Is /g/ the last bastion of 90's/early 2000's style 'APPEL HAHA FGT HYPSTER HAHA TECH ILLITERATE' style stuff?
>>
File: 1463722886790.jpg (27KB, 228x260px) Image search: [Google]
1463722886790.jpg
27KB, 228x260px
>>58203757
>Is /g/ the last bastion of people who aren't shills?
>>
>>58203780

No I mean like the last bastion of people that literally think "Apple sucks!!!" and care about it a lot and that no developers and such use Apple products or something or that in the real world people don't just use what works for the job at hand/what their work gives them?

Like people used to do back in the day. "Micro$oft" and all that silly shit.
>>
>>58203804
Well most people also have no clue what they're doing. I don't get your point.
>>
>>58203835

I just don't get it; what's the idea behind the threads? Does being in a special club of people who hate a certain subset of computers make people feel better (serious question)?

If the people in this thread were presented with a project for which an Apple was the obvious choice would they just whine incessantly about it?
>>
>>58203904
So leave then faggot, nobody said you have to open this thread
>>
>>58200794
Even fucking worse
>>
>>58203904

>redditor
>iToddler spoilt brat who thinks itoys give them an elite status
>cuck

Because good things come in threes, in other words if they are one of these things they are usually all of them. They have flooded this board with their toxic filth, you can usually spot them quoting logical fallacies and demanding sources to back up their own arguments.

>I believe appel is the best
>now provide me with sources to refute my wild statements
>>
>>58192606
We've settled this time and time again, OP.

Windows is for gaming, businessmen, and filekeeping (doctors, lawyers.)

Linux is for modification and programming.

macOS is for creativity (recording music, graphic design, animation, editing video, etc)

That's it.
>>
>>58204552
Do professional Music Recording/Video Editing software suites not work on Windows?

.......Im waiting......
>>
>>58204572
They work on Windows. They thrive on macOS.
(No but seriously, there's a reason musicians are pissed about the new macbook pros.)
>>
>>58204572
I honestly agree with >>58204552 this time. I would NOT want to record/mix a record in Windows. It's certainly possible, but most Mac computers seem optimized for that sort of thing. It could be done, but it certainly wouldn't be fun unless you owned what was basically a supercomputer.
>>
>>58204607
Hell, even the standard MacBooks are pretty OK for throwing together a few minimal outline tracks in a few hours. Couldn't say the same for a Windows laptop with the same/similar specs.
>>
>>58199209
>I'm just going to start swinging my arms and walking towards you. If you get hit, it's your fault.
>>
how is it that you guys dont know how popular mac os is among web developers and software engineers?

>4chan
oh yeah, i forgot. you're mostly NEET
>>
>>58206183
>how is it that you guys dont know how popular mac os is among web developers and software engineers?
Web devs use Linux, thats what web servers run on.

NEET
>>
>>58206188
don't post if you dont know what you're talking about NEET-san
>>
>>58206210
Really now? haha
>>
>>58206224
yeah, really.
>>
>>58196859
You realize 4chan is a cluster of mac minis with OSX server on them right?
>>
>>58206230
How much do you get paid, considering you "do"?
>>
>>58206237
70k/yr
>>
>>58206246
>That fresh newfag smell
Ah nice. Do you also make epic jQuery hax on your terminal?
>>
>>58206268
nice entry level name drops. you'll get there some day.
>>
>>58206274
Did the jQery part hit the spot? lmao
>>
>>58206287
nah just the fact that you even mentioned jquery like it's relevant is sad
>>
>>58206299
My sides you actually are a newfag JQueer toddler. No wonder you get only 70k
>>
>>58206314
what do you make, NEET-san? how many good boy points a year?
>>
>>58206327
I employ kids such as yourself :)
>>
>>58206338
oh you're not even an engineer then? lead architect then? sure hope you aren't an executive trying to talk shit, that would be embarrassing.
>>
>>58195344
>Best portable computer hardware
>not Razer Blade Pro or Razer Blade
>cites fagbooks

There's no excuse, we can't get rid of windows or linux but deleting apple shit from the world would make no difference.
>>
>>58206470
deleting windows from the world would be a net gain

we only need linux
>>
>>58197777
But most audio interfaces don't need downloaded drivers and can run off of WHQL drivers on windows
>>
>>58206377
>there goes your job
Thread posts: 194
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.