[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CyanogenMod 14

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

File: cm.png (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cm.png
40KB, 300x300px
Reminder that CyanogenMod is shutting down and if you haven't already download the latest nightly release of CM14.1 for your device. Who knows when "LineageOS" is coming out.

https://download.cyanogenmod.org/
>>
Who cares? It's fucking shit compared to stock
>>
>>58192445
>stock
>>>>>implying
>>
>>58192445
>Who cares?
People who use CyanogenMod for starters.
>>
http://lineageos.org
>>
>>58192492
Cyanogenmod, Inc. owns the rights to Cyanogenmod. It will take them a while to release LineageOS. It won't happen over night.

http://status.lineageos.org/
>Some systems are experiencing a major outage
>>
>>58192422
It's just been holidays give it a few days
>>
What the duck is lineage os? Will I be able to install it on my phone?
>>
My phone doesn't have CM support :(
>>
>>58192422
>download the latest nightly release of CM14.1 for your device
I would if they could.

I have a special snowflake phone that nobody does roms for.

Samsung Galaxy Core Max.

Really good phone, perfect for my needs. Stuck on stock rom though.
Changable batteries, dual-sim, microSD, small enough for any pockets, still has a headphone jack...

Only feature that it's missing is OTG but I can live without it.
>>
>>58192620
This? I didn't even knew CM was shutting down

Pls give info
>>
All i want is a way to stop botnet and have global adblock. I have an xperia z, what are the risks in rooting? I bricked a phone in the past doing this
>>
>>58192745
CM is shutting down, being replaced by lineageOS. Which is basically a copy but they say they are going to develop further later.
>>
>>58192779
So why are they doing this bullshit if it's a copy anyway?
>>
>>58192745
http://archive.is/7x7ZZ

https://cyngn.com/blog/cyanogen-services-shutting-down

>>58192795
Because the rights to Cyanogenmod (including the name) are owned by Cyanogenmod, Inc.
>>
>>58192422
>the latest nightly release
Thank you, but no. I know my release works. Can't know about new release
>>
>not cooking your own rom
>>
I just bought a new phone (Xiaomi Mi5) to finally be able to install CM and now they're shutting down

w t f
>>
Who fucking cares.
>>
>>58192807
So what if they're owned by CyanogenMod, Inc.?
>>
>>58193008
If a company owns a name, but doesn't allow you to use that name any more, if you use the name they can sue you and shut you down. So the CM team is renaming themselves LineageOS to be able to continue to develop a custom rom based on Cyanogenmod.

>You must be 18 or older to post on this website.
>>
>>58193032
So the CM team is not the same as the people behind CyanogenMod Inc.?
>>
>>58192422

>Bought a Xiaomi Mi4-CT (China Telecom)
>Supports every band forever GSM/CDMAids
>The common international model (3G and China Unicom version) ROMs do not exactly agree with the CT version

No fucking fully functional CM for me ever ever.
>>
how stable are the latest CM 14 versions?
>>
I'm glad I switched to iPhone
>>
>>58193048
>So the CM team is not the same as the people behind CyanogenMod Inc.?
Same founders but I think the current team is completely different. The main guy, Kondik is leaving the project to do commercial stuff of his own and he owns the name. So they're saying "ok, bye" and changing the name.

Since the main guy left and the company that hosted their shit is no longer their best friend, sounds like they're also reorganising everything to have a fresh start.
>>
>>58193145
Ahhhh, makes sense.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161227-100210.png (176KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161227-100210.png
176KB, 1440x2560px
Already did on my Moto X Pure famalam nougat oh god it feels so smooth
>>
>>58193005
You obviously care enough to post in this thread.

KYS
>>
CM was always buggy shit
>>
>>58193187
Yeah, it's not necessarily the end of the world. Kondik might not have been that involved for a while anyway. He's been off at Samsung and shit doing stuff anyway.

This happens now and then, when one person is the centre of a community effort and there isn't a foundation or something.

In theory, I think that Linus could do this to Linux and we'd have to rename it. Wikipedia is safe because it's owned by a foundation and not Whales or any one person.
>>
Anyone /nexus 4/?

It fucks up my camera bad desu I've noticed.
>>
>>58192422
I did but now I regret it because lol no xposed framework for nougat.
>>
Never played around with CyanogenMod but I fixed my dad's old Note 3 and would like to try something other than stock.
>>
File: 1482692077607.jpg (325KB, 773x857px) Image search: [Google]
1482692077607.jpg
325KB, 773x857px
>>58193133
>>
>>58193130
I've been using the 14.1 nightlies since their first release. I've had the error reporter crash twice and the phone unexpectedly restart once since then. Other than that, everything works fine.
>>
>>58193104

I feel for you.

MIUI is "fine" but why does it have such inconsistent UI lag.
>>
File: 1353361861605.gif (209KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1353361861605.gif
209KB, 480x360px
>be struggling for a month to install cyanogen on my phone
>Go to the cyanogen wiki to download different versions of the rom and see wich one boots on my phone
>its down
>My phone is bricked until linage OS comes out
>>
File: 1465626832572.png (231KB, 448x442px) Image search: [Google]
1465626832572.png
231KB, 448x442px
>>58193545
>Linage may not support my fucking moto e
>>
>>58192422
Do I unterstand right - they will stop developing CM? I thought these devs do this for fun.
I can't download the lastest for my Galaxy Note 4 are they now gone?
>>
I have a Moto X 2014, stuck on 6.0.
Is it worth it to loose the stock advantages to get 7.1?
>>
Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi!
>>
>>58193545
>What are factory images?
>>
>>58192767
You'll loose the warranty. Biggest rist to brick the phone like you said. But should be safe if you do everything right. The best this is that you can install AdAway, the global adblocker you want.
You have to make a backup before of course. (One ROM backup and one of all your files. Don't forget the Whatsappfolder etc.)
Your phone isn't very new so if you install CM it would feel like a new phone.
>>
>>58193768
>Do I unterstand right - they will stop developing CM? I thought these devs do this for fun.
They're just kind of rebooting under a new name because someone who left owned the old name. They also probably don't have corporate support anymore, or at least they'll have to find new support.
>>
>>58192445
It's not though, it's pretty close to stock with more customisation. It's great for those of us who use chinkphones and samshit users who want to rid themselves of touchjizz.
>>
>>58194114
The people who developed CM never had corporate support and were never paid. Some of them did work for Cyngn but that's a different matter. For most people involved in the project nothing will charge besides the name.
>>
>>58194151
>The people who developed CM never had corporate support and were never paid
I meant hosting.
>>
>>58194011
Explain!
>>
>>58192422
>Starts selling work done by open source contributors
>integrate proprietary shit
>microsoft bundle
>ditch a worked out contract for a "better" one
>ruined the company within 3 years of existence
>LineageOS is again run by the sellout Steve Kondik

Why on earth haven't you switched already to OmniROM, where many ex-cm devs went when the whole debacle started?
Why are people supporting a bug ridden selloutROM again, which lizerally shits on it's userbase for monees?
>>
>>58193133
this to be honest family
>>
>>58194169
I expect we'll see some benefactors provide some support but they may have to start shilling for donations and such. I expect that whatever happens we'll have a spiritual successor to be happy with. CM worked just fine before Cyngn and I'm sure it will continue.
>>
>>58193145
>and he owns the name.
No, Kondik left, starts LineageOS, but the company owns all things, including the name CyanogenMod.
>>
>>58194342
The blog post also said that Kondik left. I concede the other points because I don't know that much about the company and shit.
>>
>>58192422
why are they shutting it down??
>>
>>58194179
No, do your own homework.
>>
>tfw galaxy s7 edge
>iwn have good roms
>>
>>58192767
>>58194097
DNS66 is a no root adblocker.
>>
>>58194187
>Why on earth haven't you switched already to OmniROM
Because OmniROM supports literally 36 devices. More than 2/3 of which are Samsung and Nexus phones.

Supports 1 by Asus, 1 by LG, 5 by Sony, 2 by Oppo and 2 by HTC.

https://omnirom.org/supported-devices/
>>
Are pacrom or slimroms good CM replacements?
>>
>>58194823
pacrom is a meme rom that will drain the shit out of your battery,
>>
Stock + xposed >>>> cm
>>
>>58192523
>Cyanogenmod, Inc. owns the rights to Cyanogenmod

Good luck with no developers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyanogenmod/comments/5k723j/lineageos_yes_this_is_us/
>>
>>58194988
Cyanogen Inc has its own team of pajeets (some hired from Amazon after the Fire phone layoffs) that are working on Cyanogen OS.
>>
>>58195045
Pajeets are shit programmers, I'm not installing LineageOS on my devices.

I support the original team.
>>
>>58195067
lineage os is the original team. cyanogen is the bad company that owns the trade marks. there are pajeets on both sides.
>>
>>58195182
oh, see I'm so uninformed, i've dishonored all tripfags
>>
>>58194775
I count 21
"Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (ATT)
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (Canada)
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (Sprint)
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (T-Mobile US)
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (Verizon)"
Its all the same device for me
>>
Nevermind that the best roms were always resurrection remix and whatever flavour of AOSP pajeet made for your phone, cyanogen was only good for Xiaomis because of the cancerous bloat and CM's developers love for cheap chinkphones.
>>
>>58194125
Not sure if you've fucked with it at all recently, but touchjizz has actually come a long way (pun unintentional) since its more famous laggy beginnings.

It could certainly use the customization of cm though.
>>
File: 9ed1d977b253c92.png (3KB, 284x115px) Image search: [Google]
9ed1d977b253c92.png
3KB, 284x115px
>>58194648
>>
>>58195473
In the time it took you to make this post you could had searched for "factory image [your phone here]" and know all you need to unbrick your phone.
>>
>>58192741
Every Samsung product with Core in its name is a gimped one. You could've got a Redmi Note 3 Pro for the same money. And it would've had great CM support too.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.