[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FAGGOT LANGUAGES INCLUDING C++ BTFO BY GOLANG MASTERACE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: _20161227_052924.jpg (84KB, 768x410px) Image search: [Google]
_20161227_052924.jpg
84KB, 768x410px
FAGGOT LANGUAGES INCLUDING C++ BTFO BY GOLANG MASTERACE
>>
>>58190677
Who the fuck cares about go in the first place?
>>
>>58190677
>GOLANG
Okay but first find a job
>>
>>58190677
>useful things modern software is built upon
>mostly useless shit from 80s nobody uses
>>
>>58190677
>Some faggot who couldn't program for shit's opinions
>>
>>58190780
Nice cope retard

The Creator of c++ says it's a joke... yet you know better?
>>
>>58190796
>No proof
>>
>>58190780
>>58190817
Stroustrup: You really believe that, don’t you? Have you ever sat down and worked on a C++ project? Here’s what happens: First, I’ve put in enough pitfalls to make sure that only the most trivial projects will work first time. Take operator overloading. At the end of the project, almost every module has it, usually, because guys feel they really should do it, as it was in their training course. The same operator then means something totally different in every module. Try pulling that lot together, when you have a hundred or so modules. And as for data hiding. God, I sometimes can’t help laughing when I hear about the problems companies have making their modules talk to each other. I think the word ‘synergistic’ was specially invented to twist the knife in a project manager’s ribs..
>>
>>58190817
Stroustrup: Well, one day, when I was sitting in my office, I thought of this little scheme, which would redress the balance a little. I thought ‘I wonder what would happen, if there were a language so complicated, so difficult to learn, that nobody would ever be able to swamp the market with programmers? Actually, I got some of the ideas from X10, you know, X windows. That was such a bitch of a graphics system, that it only just ran on those Sun 3/60 things.. They had all the ingredients for what I wanted. A really ridiculously complex syntax, obscure functions, and pseudo-OO structure. Even now, nobody writes raw X-windows code. Motif is the only way to go if you want to retain your sanity..
>>
>>58190840
>>58190857
>stale memes from the 90s
Come on, anon, you're better than this.
>>
>>58190873
>true memes

C++ is garbage, for literal dogmatic faggots
>>
>>58190677
>by the guy who eventually debugged his brain with a shotgun
>>
>>58190960
Source?
>>
>>58190897
>true memes
They are literally false, the interview is a fake created by some butthurt hater back in the 90s, being repeated by other butthurt haters for 20 years now.
>>
>>58190978
Don't know man, his brain was proprietary til the end.
>>
>>58191043
The meme may have been false then, but it's true now.

Anybody with any experience with C++ will tell you that modern C++ language is a joke. The only benefit of using it is speed.

Big projects have no chance of ever being completed without a full-blown IDE. Games are made in C++ only because Visual Studio/Unreal Engine are great to work with and resulting products don't come with the need to use JRE or .NET CLR.

Most new user-created things on linux aren't even written in C++ anymore because nobody but special needs people want to put up with this shit. Everyone's favorite youtube-dl is in Python, for instance.

C++ fucking sucks. Either use plain C if you want procedural or a proper object oriented language if you want OOP.
>>
>>58191043
I think it's a little telling that a madeup interview is believed by people.

Because the language generally is a clusterfuck memay.
>>
>>58191171
> I think it's a little telling that a madeup interview is believed by people.
Yeah, it tells us that C++-hates are emotional crybabies with "feels>>>reals" attitude.
>>
>>58191230
the reals are that it's an awful and unnecessarily difficult language.
>>
>>58190677
>harmful things
>XML
>Literally written in XML
>>
>>58191382
>it is hard
If you cannot figure out C++, you are not a programmer.

>>58191156
Obviously it is faster to use an IDE, but I don't really see the problem with this.
C++ is much easier to use than C though.
KDE things are written in C++, that is a huge component of the linux desktop, even if you don't use their desktop environment.
>>
>>58190677
>less harmful
>CSV
Many lifetimes were lost because of CSV.
>>
>>58191156
> Most new user-created things on linux aren't even written in C++ anymore
Gee, I guess this is why fucking gcc switched to C++ from C recently. Meanwhile clang was written in C++ from the start, same goes for all the browser out there, most of the games and this little thing called KDE. And this new hipster language called Swift - guess which language its compiler is written in?
>>
>>58191517
>If you cannot figure out C++, you are not a programmer.

Why hurt yourself unnecessarily?

Even very experienced programmers run into any of the countless pitfalls of C++. Why subject a beginner to that... when you don't have to?

There's better options out there.
>>
>>58190677

>"rc, awk" as alternative for "Perl, Ruby"

Kek

Also who would propose Go as alternative for C++?

"Hey space shuttles are too complicated, let's use a lawnmower instead!"

Yeah, Space shuttles ARE complicated, but maybe there's more to it than that. Go is fine for servers and even some playful concurrency experiments, but that's about it. I'm not bashing it, don't get me wrong, but Go isn't a replacement for C++ in any kind of way, they are way too differnt..
>>
>>58191699
Golang is great.

It's going to be the goat of android development soon, too
>>
why is GNU screen considered harmful? just because its GNU?
>>
>JSON
>"""less harmful""" than YAML
wat.
JSON is shit and miles from human readable
>>
>>58190777
>(((modern software)))
>>
>>58191857
>everything is le jews
>>
>>58191903
Actually you're wrong. The majority of the things on the right are newer.
>>
>>58191382
It really isnt an inherently difficult language. It can do quite a bit and can be hard to manage as a project scales for that reason. But people needing their language of choice to 'lock' them in so to speak, as to avoid these pitfalls, is ridiculous. Dont blame the language for humans inability to get gud.
>>
>less harmful alternatives
>C
Some good shit right here
>>
>>58191749
Yes. Some people just hate GNU and GPL licensed software for no reason.
>>
File: 1410771941512.png (2MB, 1440x1681px) Image search: [Google]
1410771941512.png
2MB, 1440x1681px
>not posting the full one
>I miss /g/
>>
>>58190677
Why are GNU programs listed as harmful? What is this chart using to define "harmful"?
>>
>>58192998
Jesus christ is it human
>>
>>58190677
>harmful
Please end your life.
>>
uriel killed himself because he woke up one day and realized he made himself incompatible with the world. he is the ultimate programming hipster, he never worked anywhere or did anything, if you pretend he's your hero then you're going to end up the same way in 5 years after your pity money or welfare runs out and the only way you were supposed to support yourself, you've traded away for internet psuedo street cred points
>>
>>58193064
lol

Really?
>>
>>58190677
> C++
> Less harmful alternatives: C
>>
>>58192998
>philosopher

top kek
>>
>>58190840
What a stupid as shit argument. So what if the language didn't allow operator overloading? Every module would use exec() or some such and back to square one.
Adding operator overloading doesn't make people retarded, and taking it away doesn't make people smart.
>>
>>58193014
Because they're designed by fucking retards. Just look at find's man page and tell me it wasn't made by a mongoloid.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.