[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /g/ tell me why do you need a expensive graphic card if my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: SVGA_port.jpg (306KB, 1547x1160px) Image search: [Google]
SVGA_port.jpg
306KB, 1547x1160px
So /g/ tell me why do you need a expensive graphic card if my motherboard already has the blue monitor hole?
>>
File: 1452809164147.jpg (35KB, 399x358px) Image search: [Google]
1452809164147.jpg
35KB, 399x358px
>>
>blue monitor hole
brb, gotta go get out the RC helicopter to recover my sides
>>
File: just.jpg (7KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
7KB, 259x195px
>>58188247
It just hasn't faded yet, OP.

They fade with age.
>>
File: video cable.jpg (306KB, 2560x2560px) Image search: [Google]
video cable.jpg
306KB, 2560x2560px
i have to ask whose idea it was to have two different cabling standards for video. it took me a long time to find a monitor that worked with this connector with less pins
>>
@58188247
Because you are mentally retarded.
>>
>>58188247
Why do some laptops still have this? It's outdated tech. Luckily not the now newer ones, but still fuck me dead
>>
>>58188551
(You)
>>
>>58188538
that's a joystick connector
>>
>>58188247
>My motherboard
Because I'm not using your motherboard.
>>
>>58188566
it's what I use to connect my Thinkpad x230 to the TV, it just werks
>>
>>58188247
People don't need expensive graphic cards. If they need GPUs for calculations (for example to run Tensorflow) then they can do that on the cloud by renting GPU time. Much more effective and cheaper.

if they need it for gaming then they need to grow up.
>>
>>58188566
Because it's still a useful port. Just because it's outdated doesn't mean all the old TVs, monitors, and projectors with a VGA port just disappear or get upgraded instantly.
It is especially relevant in the business segment, where lots of older projectors are still in use for presentations and whatnot.
>>
higher resolutions
much higer resolutions
>>
>>58191282
My hobbies > Your hobbies
>>
>>58188566
it is easy and cheap to make, it was the standard for a long time and people who want to replace it have tried with so many different things it makes sense laptop manufacturers just ignore everything they do until the dust has settled.
In the past ten years, laptops have shipped with: dvi, display port, hdmi, mini display port and usb-c, all to replace the video port.
We can argue which of these are better and what should stick around, but my point is that it changes too much.
Hardware needs to be slow and static so the software can be rapid by comparison.

Most people (and thus most companies) would rather buy more screens or projectors than they want to buy replacements.
And if the reason you buy replacements is because the cable has changed, it is just a waste of money.
>>
>>58191363
exactly
>>
>>58188566
the needs of office environments are not the same of pc enthusiasts
they are still very common and useful there
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.