[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get Disk 2, to look like Disk 1?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: hard drive.png (11KB, 576x206px) Image search: [Google]
hard drive.png
11KB, 576x206px
I don't know why there are so many partitions on my "new" used disk. It's just a spare disk to hold video recordings. Should I just delete all of the other "volumes"?
>>
>>58187800
You don't know that you bought a 1TB and you had a 500GB?
>>
>>58187800
if you are this level of retarded and don't understand windows partitions close this window, never open it again and kill yourself.
>>
>>58187829
The question is about how to make the E drive 400 and some odd gigs. It's currently 180 gigs and there's 4 partitions and I have no idea why it's set up that way.
>>
>>58187845
disk 1 has no windows on it. If you install windows on it, it would look like disk 2. If you format drive 2, boot into windows on another device, it will look like disk 1. please an hero
>>
>>58187866
Disk 0 already has Windows on it, as it's my boot drive. So I don't need Windows on Disk 2. So how do I get rid of it?

I essentially want to make the E drive partition as large as possible.
>>
>>58187897
right click
>format
>>
>>58187845
Try deleting the 278GB and 620MB ones and see if you can Extend the E:\ one.
>>
>>58187800
1. download and boot gparted
2. choose the HDD you want to wipe
3. delete all partitions and make a new NTFS one

Not fucking hard.
>>
>>58187907
I can only "right click, format" the E drive, which is only 1/3 of the total space on that disk. I'm trying to figure out why there's a partition that's larger than the E drive.
>>
>>58187933
>my computer
>right click format
done
>>
Someone installed Ubuntu on that disk, 200MB is probably swap space.
>>
File: hd 2.png (28KB, 589x495px) Image search: [Google]
hd 2.png
28KB, 589x495px
This is where I'm at right now. I "deleted volume" of that random, unnamed partition. How do I add it to the E drive?
>>
>>58187963
you are only deleting a small portion of the disk. please get someone who knows what they are doing to help
>>
>>58187982
That's what I'm trying to do here.
>>
Disk 2 looks like your windows drive nigger. But if you really sure Disk 0 is boot, then:

start diskpart.exe
select disk 2
"clean"

Then go back to disk management and use the gui to create one new partition.
>>
>>58187987
why would you only want a little more than half a drive to use you're literally throwing away free space
>>
File: hd 3.png (19KB, 596x335px) Image search: [Google]
hd 3.png
19KB, 596x335px
>>58187991
I just installed Disk 2 into my 18 month old PC. I'm pretty sure it's not my boot drive.
>>
>>58187999
What? I want to add that to my E drive, so it's not 2 separate parts.
>>
>>58188002

yea follow my instructions.

"select disk 2" is typed into the diskpart.exe cmd window
>>
>>58188016
delete every partition on disk 2, then right click new simple volume. then follow all the steps and it is a new drive once more
>>
>>58188036

You retards really don't understand microsoft reserved partitions do you?

They cannot be modified via disk management. They have to be "cleaned" via diskpart.
>>
>>58188019
>>58188048
I don't know what any of this means.
>>
>>58188056

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/005929en
>>
File: figured it out.png (17KB, 598x327px) Image search: [Google]
figured it out.png
17KB, 598x327px
I figured it out.
>>
You guys are trying to recommend all of this over complicated command prompt shit. I just deleted every volume it allowed me to and they all pooled together as a single allocated partition. Then I allocated that partition as "New Volume E". No weird foreign shit required.
>>
>>58187897
So why is E: the active boot partition you fuck nut, boot to disk 0 and try again reeee.
>>
>>58188002
cmd
diskpart
list disk
select disk X
clean
format fs=ntfs quick

jobs a fucking good one now get off my /g/ normie
>>
>>58188096
Well done, now leave /g/, it isn't your tech support so don't complain when you get power user solutions you coulda learned something new
>>
File: a.png (39KB, 576x321px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
39KB, 576x321px
1. open gparted
2. delete extra partitions
3. move "E:" left
4. expand "E:" to fill the disk
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.