[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>LG G6 won't have a removable battery or a headphone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 17

File: lgcucked.png (453KB, 677x781px) Image search: [Google]
lgcucked.png
453KB, 677x781px
>LG G6 won't have a removable battery or a headphone jack

looks like that's it, lads. apple have cucked us out of yet another useful feature in the quest to be more kid-friendly.

is it too much to ask to find an android phone with an OLED screen, headphone jack (i can't fucking believe i need to list that as a feature), IR blaster and fingerprint reader?
removable battery and SD slot is a must, you may as well buy an iphone if you don't have those.
>>
>>58185674
>worst selling iphone ever
>companies are mimicking it anyway
BANKRUPT when?
>>
>>58185690
and yet manufacturers are falling over themselves to imitate it!
samsung have been a lost cause since the s6, but i had expected better from LG.
>>
>>58185674
>tfw my way out of date note 4 is better than this shit
>>
>>58185714
>2 years
>out of date
Phone shills, I swear.
>>
File: 1472779720580.jpg (242KB, 495x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472779720580.jpg
242KB, 495x600px
if the new sony phones have no headphone jack i think i'll end up stuck with my nexus 6 forever
why does every company have to be such fucking assholes
>>
>tfw chink piece of shit phones will have the headphone port, but "high end" shit wont
>>
>>58185735
>why does every company have to be such fucking assholes
Because consumers are entitled pieces of shits. They want something better than Apple, yet want it cheap as well. This leaves no money for R&D. Every single phone manufacturer barring Samshit and some chink companies are having massive losses, and you entitled shits are completely to blame.
>>
Test
>>
>>58185714
>out of date
>Still one of the best phones on the market
>>
>>58185714
Still feels the same, but with a LG G2 along with it
>>
>>58185767
>i'm only interesting in buying something that meets my requirements as a consumer
>WAAAH WAAAH YOU ENTITLED SHITS
>>
>>58185767
>They want something better than Apple, yet want it cheap as well. This leaves no money for R&D.
Headphone jacks are a very established feature that shouldn't require any R&D cost to add.
>>
File: 1454247435894.png (12KB, 470x495px) Image search: [Google]
1454247435894.png
12KB, 470x495px
>>58185674
>>
>>58185767
>headphone jacks are now an "optional feature"
Get cucked. If you only sell trash, then naturally no-one will buy it and it will be entirely your own fault
>>
>>58185714
I wish I would have gotten the Note 4 instead of a Note 5
>>
>>58185714
/g/'s Official list of last good phones:
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HTC M9
LG G4 if it were Bootloop immune
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Gearbest sales representatives need not apply.
>>
>>58185817
>iTrash
>htc
No
>>
>>58185817
OP here, i have an LG G5 and it's great.
if it had an OLED screen it'd be perfect.
>>
>>58185817
Oops, forgot Nexus 6 (Motorola).

>>58185837
Sorry, it's the official list, shitpost-senpai.
>>
File: 1473349155209.jpg (68KB, 790x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473349155209.jpg
68KB, 790x800px
>>58185851
Have a G2 and seriously considering getting a G5, but it is still good on its own.
>>
>>58185714
Just got a 7200mah extended battery and a 64gb SD card for my S5.

>but anon, don't you want a new phone? Yours is old!
>>
>>58185674
I dunno, I'm actually starting to come around to the no headphone jack thing. Putting my iPod in my pocket has fucked so many headphone cables it's seriously not funny, so for Christmas I bought myself a pair of Bluetooth headphones. For those who do still need or want a headphone jack, they ought to still be able to get one, but I no longer see it as a must have for myself.
>>
>>58185817
>HTC M9
Why is the HTC 10 not recommended?
>>
>>58185921
i'll never consider charging your headphones to be acceptable, and i'll never buy hardware that seeks to legitimise the practice.
>>
File: gsmarena_002.jpg (47KB, 728x421px) Image search: [Google]
gsmarena_002.jpg
47KB, 728x421px
Yep they're all starting to do this, android is regressing to before how it was in 2010 because manufacturers are under contract by shitty ISPs to make retarded phones more manufactured to be obsolete sooner.

You want a chinese phone. These aren't shitty products, there are proper companies based in china and hong kong that make real phones with real features and the price is a quarter of any phone sold in the USA. /csg/ isn't just for cheap shit, the chinese phone market is exploding because nobody wants to deal with this bullshit in the USA. You literally can't walk into any retail store and find any android phone with even one of these features now.
>>
>>58185943
This. I tried Bluetooth headphones multiple times and while the charging itself doesn't bother me, the tech just isn't that great yet. They all sound like shit, and I'm not even an audiophile.
>>
>>58185939
Shittier speakers, the standout feature that made the previous HTC Ms so great.

If you're thinking about getting the HTC 10. don't and get the Pixel instead.
>>
>>58185943
Seems to me like an odd place to draw the line in the sand, but suit yourself. I already have to charge a bunch of things, what's one more?
>>
>>58185985
>overpriced
>no microSD
>no removable battery

we're here to debate android phones, anon. not iPhones.
>>
>>58185970
t. Gearbest sales representative

Oh who am I kidding, it is way too cheap and effective to shill on /g/, I'll never win against the gigantic horde of shills.
>>
>>58186040
don't worry anon, nobody will ever take chinese manufacturing seriously.

>takes six months to get to you
>all safety certifications are forged
>battery could explode at any time
>loaded with chinky rootkits
>no vendor or third-party support
>horrific build quality
>>
>>58186062
>>58186040
you're one step away from ishits who insist that all android is the $10 dollar store phone and there's no other types at all

Xiaomi and huawei are billion dollar companies, if you think that matters when you're deciding, and they also have rugged smartphones for less than $150. android chinese market is the one true free android market where you can get whatever you want at real price points because there is no psuedo regulation by shitty usa ISPs.

literally every isp retail outlet you walk into, every brown box store, every retailer that sells android phones, they are only going to stock the $10 piece of shit and $800 "flagship" models with none of the features op requested. It's not worth $800 even if you got those features and certainly isn't worth it without.

Fuck ISPs, fuck isp rules that disallow BYOD, fuck most cdma carriers.
>>
>>58185921
On one hand, cables are annoying, mic+control cable standards are a mess, and the move to wireless can push forwards improvements in audio quality.
On the other hand there's latency, battery life and charging.

As for headphone cables breaking, you can get ones that are better built. With wireless headphones, you are rearranging points of failure and not quite removing cables as an issue.

>>58185973
>the tech just isn't that great yet. They all sound like shit, and I'm not even an audiophile.
That's not a limitation of wireless, those are more generally headphone acoustics problems, with A2DP profile issues causing most of the lossy issues.
>>
>>58186139
alright anon, i'll try you on.

MUST HAVE:

- Android OS
- Headphone jack, removable battery, SD slot
- OLED screen
- Fingerprint scanner

SHOULD HAVE:
- IR Blaster

impress me.
>>
>>58185735
What about the one plus?
>>
>>58185817
What's wrong with the Xperia X Compact?
>>
>>58186151
>That's not a limitation of wireless, those are more generally headphone acoustics problems, with A2DP profile issues causing most of the lossy issues.

I'm not paying an order of magnitude higher price to make my wired earbuds wireless. Just no.
>>
>>58185767
>Making massive losses
>Blame the customer!
Any company following this logic deserves bankruptcy
>>
>>58185674
the g series died after the htc g2
>>
>>58186156
Why the fuck does it have to have a OLED screen? You're not doing any graphics work on it.
IR Blaster is useless, just get the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro.
>>
>want reliable updates
>no choice but to buy the overpriced Pixel with no SD card slot or removable battery

Fuck this. Fuck it all to hell.
>>
>>58186199
The Apple iPhone 7 Plus doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>58186198
>chinkphones are LITERALLY THE BEST AND THEY HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WANT
>ok here's what i want
>WHAT FAK U WANT THAT FOR? NA UR LIST SHIT. U BUY THIS

fucking shills
>>
>>58185973
try the jaybirds x3s senpai, got some for christmas and its pretty comfy
>>
>>58185817
what about s7/s7 edge
>>
>>58186266
>no removable battery
iphones get out.
>>
>>58186175
You don't have to - they're not that expensive and you're not forced to buy them.
But as far as the really dirt cheap stuff is concerned, they seldom have any sense of proper acoustic design or ruggedness or finish or eartip selection...
>>
>>58186209
>SD card slot
>removable battery
>iOS
>>
>>58186274
>SD card slot
Lightning USB Drive or SD Reader
>removable battery
Battery case with high capacity hump
>iOS
Not a disadvantage
>>
How is removing headphones jacks kid-friendly? Is this just butthurt autistic rambling.
>>
>>58186289
>>>/toy/
>>
>>58186273
I can get decent sound out of a pair of $10 earbuds I get off of Amazon. I can't do that with wireless headphones. I can't even do it if I'm spending $70-80.

So yes. To get comparable sound quality, you have to spend an order of magnitude more. If not more.
>>
>>58186173
no water proofing..
>>
>>58186302
>>>/toy/
>>
>>58186342
Don't be a clumsy piece of shit then.
There is no more perfect phone than the OnePlus series.
>>
>>58185767
No one said anything about it having to be cheap you fucking idiot. The V20 was the best phone to come out this year and it was ~$800 bucks.
>>
>>58185817
there's no such thing as a bootloop immune G4. Those fuckers never even fixed the problem yet never issued a recall.

fuck lg.
>>
>>58186374
>LG sales are down
>wonder why sales are down
>it must be the headphone jack and removable battery, it couldn't possibly be that our phones fucking bootloop
>>
>>58186367
if they made one with an OLED screen i'd sell my G5 tomorrow and get one of them.
>>
>>58186399
I love how their excuse of the V20 bootlooping is caused by cheap USB-C cables.
For a lot of people who bought the V20, the USB-C cable that came with the V20 would be their first USB-C cable so LG is just shooting themselves in the foot by admitting they bundled shitty cables with their phones.
>>
File: Multi Tack DRIFTING.gif (436KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Multi Tack DRIFTING.gif
436KB, 320x240px
They won't get money from me. This is a huge reason to despise the average consumer normalfag. If you don't like the feature, then don't support it. They just deal with it and buy the garbage anyways.
If it doesn't have removable battery and expandable storage, then I'm not buying it. The only way I would buy a phone without a jack was if it had two USB ports. They can fuck off if they don't exchange.
>>
why do you need a removal battery?
>>
>>58186324
There are multiple problems with your line of thinking, but I'd rather ask first about what makes you think the 10 dollars set decent and the wireless set poor.

>>58186403
OLED brightness and efficiency is not the best, and V20 battery life could be better.
>>
>>58186502
so you can switch them out if you're away from a charger, or replace them if you burn it out
also because certain korean batteries keep exploding
>>
>>58186511
>There are multiple problems with your line of thinking, but I'd rather ask first about what makes you think the 10 dollars set decent and the wireless set poor.

The wired earbuds I got sound good in spite of them being so cheap. The wireless headset does not. That's what makes me think that.
>>
>>58186502
Instead of replacing the whole phone when the battery inevitably goes to shit, you can just replace the battery.
>>
>>58186511
>but I'd rather ask first about what makes you think the 10 dollars set decent
2 words:
Xioami Piston
>>
>>58186358
You know theres this thing called "rain" in this area called "outside", right?

A phone is supposed to be able to function in whatever weather youre in, if it doesnt what fucking good is it?.
>>
>>58186650
>takes phone out in a mild shower
>PHONE EXPLODES

what planet do you live on?
>>
>>58186198
http://thehackernews.com/2016/09/xiaomi-android-backdoor.html

Xiaomi, Huawei and other Chinese companies do not deserve any trust
>>
>>58186674
holy shit i had no idea
so long chink shill, i'm 100% never buying xiaomi after this!
>>
File: 1460235497114.gif (840KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
1460235497114.gif
840KB, 245x138px
>>58186665
Are you dense?, it wont explode but with a little bad luck on a shitplusshit it wont even work with a few drops

but keep getting cucked by non water resistant/waterproof phones
>>
>>58186528
You have to be a bit more specific than that. Try to avoid sounding like a undiscerning Amazon review or audio mystic babble.

>>58186531
>Xioami Piston
There are multiple "Pistons", some with less excessively boosted bass and lacking treble breakup modes. Piston 3 had aspirations to being decent, but it still has the 10-12dB boost to the low frequencies as one of the least bass boosted PIstons.
They're also not sold exclusively through the Xiaomi brand - you can buy them from other channels.
>>
>>58186755
>You have to be a bit more specific than that. Try to avoid sounding like a undiscerning Amazon review or audio mystic babble.

No I don't, since audio quality isn't some objective metric; it's subjective. But every pair of Bluetooth cans I've listened to priced at less than $100 either sounded tinny or had a trash microphone.
>>
>>58186674
>>58186706
because no other phone company has ever been accused of this fud

First line of article:
>Do you own an Android Smartphone from Xiaomi, HTC, Samsung, or OnePlus?

clickbait nowadays is one step away from
>Do you own a phone? YOU MIGHT BE AT RISK. Go back to rotary now!

if you don't want to stick with USA shit, looking up shitty articles on purpose is not going to help you switch. Nobody sticks with stock rom on samsung, just like they don't stick with stock rom on anything else. Especially this board.

Next you're going to say that aosp is infected just because it's from google, so fuck the whole thing and stick with your piece of shit USA isp-fucked phone. As much as I hate iphone, I would honestly consider it if the only other choice was a usa android phone since isps are forcing them to be just as shit as one.
>>
>>58186795
you don't get an opinion until you can answer OP's requirement list with something from your endless chinkphone pile instead of just demanding he buy some other nonsense
>>
>>58185674
Mind as well ditch the sd card reader! No thanks, LG.
>>
>>58185771
Fuck off, newfag
>>
>>58185817
The s7 edge is pretty neat, it the best phone with headphone jack.
>>
>>58185674
>LG G6 won't have a removable battery or a headphone jack
No removable battery is a con, but still acceptable. But no headphone jack? Why? What possible benefit is there to removing the headphone jack?

>THINNER!
The new castrated iPhone is not thinner.
>>
This is how we lost landscape sliders...

Fuck it I may just get a feature phone.
>>
>>58186367
The HTC 10 is miles better then the bootlooping LG shit.
t. posting this from an HTC 10
>>
As long as the bros over at XDA forums keep updating the LG G3, I'm never upgrading.
>>
>>58185674
>buying Lucky Goldshit
B O O T L O O P
O
O
T
L
O
O
P
>>
You know, old Sony Ericsson phones didn't have a headphone jack yet that idiotic phone might kill it. What the fuck?
>>
>mfw just bought a note4

fuck the world. old phones are better.
>>
>>58185970

>Black Bull
>>
>>58185674
What is the IR blaster for? The best I can think of is to control your TV with your phone but that seems kind of gimmicky.
>>
>>58186367
HTC 10 is better and won't die after 8 months unlike LG phones.
>>
>>58188771
To turn off the shitty TVs in the gym that spam advertisements.
>>
>>58188771

It's nice if you're in a pinch... and by in a pinch I mean I left the clicker on my desk and don't want to get out of bed across the room to grab it.
>>
>>58186301
Bluetooth headphones are superior if your goal is to limit the volume of the music a kid listens to. Physical audio ports need to be made to drive a large range of headphones so it is hard to stop a kid from slowly turning up the volume until it is deafening. With Bluetooth headphones the amp and volume control are tied to the driver so that upping the volume beyond what the engineers intended is really hard.
>>
Is the V20 that bad?
>>
>>58188937
so yet another reason to not buy a phone with no headphone jack. Not the anon you were speaking to but this whole no headphone jack trend is absolutely stupid.

I bought an LG V10 at launch and haven't had any of these bootloop problems. Easily one of the best phones I've ever owned. My buddy has also had the LG G4 since launch with no issues as well. The whole boot loop thing was only a certain shipment.
>>
>>58186156
Go to GSMArena and put the specs in yourself, then kill yourself when you realize only maybe one shit old samsung phone will meet those specifications, if that.
>>
>>58188960
The V20 is fine. It's a re-worked V10 with slightly better specs. Screen, processor, camera had a few tiny tweaks. The whole boot loop thing is hit and miss as mentioned in >>58188965

But kind of like how Samsung phones had the exploded battery in their note 7's, this is yet another thing people will never let LG forget. /g/ especially. They'd rather buy rootkit infested chinkphones that can only get 2G on most networks.
>>
>>58188771
it's nice to have a remote for every device in your house, AC (if your AC is IR controlled), TVs, cable boxes, etc.

Works on random TVs out in the world as well, anything that requires an IR remote it generally can work with, they have years of experience from regular universal remotes from the 2000s.
>>
>>58185674
>no link present
>first two results on google say they are keeping the jack

i think OP is full of shit
>>
>>58188937
I meant using Bluetooth headphones has a valid use for limiting volume for stupid kids not that it was a reason to not include a headphone jack. If for whatever reason you don't want the headphone jack to be used it is trivial to render it inoperable without ruining the rest of the device.
>>
Looks like the Korean G2 is still the best smartphone on the market

Faster than a pixel, same res screen SD card slot, removable battery and $50
>>
>>58186301
In the sense that most people can''t be bothered to use a parametric equalizer, the built in hardware can do the job for you. The EQ can fix a variety of acoustic issues.
As long as you like the response and whatever control it gives you over the response, it yields a better result, without the trouble of having to carefully manipulate acoustics.
>>
>>58185674

Here's the thing. I don't see why a phone can't hold 2 USB-C ports with the right chips giving enough bandwidth. Why isn't it being done?

Muh thickness?
>>
>>58189149
see
>>58189055
its a lie until OP provides link
>>
>>58185714
Is this a shop? When did James Gandolfini play Fred Flintstone?
>>
>>58189157

Regardless or not on whether LG wants to ditch the headphone jack, I can't see a reason why they can't just replace the jack with an equivalent USB-C port.
>>
>>58189171

By they, I mean phone companies other than Apple.
>>
>>58189171
there isnt the usb c standard is paired for two ports like all usb the only somewhat good reason is customers might think one is only for charging or something
>>
>>58189149
2 ports? all that circuits will take up space so it would decrease battery capacity
and we know androidbois are fapping about capacities all the time because android is power hungry
>>
>>58188960
>>58188986

Switched from a Nexus 6p and I couldn't be happier with my V20.
You can get one for around 620 on amazon.
Haven't had any issues at all. Having the wide angle cameras is fun and the screen is a huge improvement from my nexus. Haven't been concerned about battery life at all because I just pop in a fresh battery when I get low. This phone is ridiculously snappy as well.

I would recommend it.
>>
>fingerprint reader
(((58185674)))
>>
>>58188980
DO YOU NOT SEE THE ISSUE?
THERE'S NO DIVERSITY ON THE MARKET!
Every SINGLE phone is a shit 5.5" phablet with an LCD screen (sometimes not even IPS) that has a fingerprint scanner but not an IR Blaster or any other potentially useful/interesting features, most of them don't have removable storage, and many of them don't have memory card slots either.
Now half the phones on the market are going to try to remove headphone jacks too.

All I wanted was:
-not shit
-not too expensive either
-UNDER 5"
-AMOLED screen
-SD Card
-Removable battery.

That's really not that tall of an order, there used to be quite a few phones like this, but as you've said, they're all obsolete and old now.
>>
>>58185735
>>58185746
Can someone fill me in on this headphone jack drama and how did it start
>>
>>58189335
Apple removed the headphone jack to shill lightning headphones and to make it thinner.

Others are following suit.

You are here.
>>
>>58189335
A couple phones came out without them and it was more of an experiment than anything else, then Apple made a huge deal oyt of removing their jack from the iPhone 7 (which believe it or not, didn't actually make it thinner IIRC), and now rumor (and in some cases truth) would have it that more companies are going to do the same.
It's basically the fucking stupidest thing ever. The only people who support it are idiots who think that analog jacks=cassette quality and digital audio "is the future", and casual users who happen to hate wires and love wasting money.
And Apple fans of course.
>>
>>58185674
>is it too much to ask to find an android phone with an OLED screen, headphone jack (i can't fucking believe i need to list that as a feature), IR blaster and fingerprint reader?
You LITERALLY just described a Galaxy S4 sans fingerprint reader. Say what you will about Samsung's laggy phones, but every time they add a "novelty" feature to their phones, it becomes standard years later. (e.g. split screen apps.) They spearhead shit. They're becoming the new Apple whether we like it or not.
>>
>>58185674
LG has made only one good phone, G2. Don't even bother checking the others. I'm personally waiting for OP4, 3 as a backup plan.
>>
>>58186156
I suggest you to go easier on the meme tech. Fingerprint scanners are harmful(unless they are on the back, in which case you can just forget it exists).
>>
Smartphones killed off portable audio players, and now smartphone are ditching the TRS jacks. This almost seems like an opportunity for music players again.

>>58189241
>-AMOLED screen
>-SD Card
>-Removable battery.
>-not shit
These seem hard enough to come by as is, price and size aside.

>>58189384
>didn't actually make it thinner
It isn't. That slot is now filled up with a solid piece of plastic.
Apple isn't the only company that has wanted the audio connector gone, but everyone seems to open up about it only after Apple does it.
>>
>>58188771
Is there a way to do IrDA transfers with the blaster? I have a lot of old retro devices and it would be great to not need to rely on booting up an old as shit laptop to transfer files to one.
>>
>>58189531
Why must they be hard to come by? Assuredly you see my point.

I wouldn't mind the PMP returning to glory, but not at the expense of needing a ton of dongles if I want to watch a YouTube video over mobile data.
PMPs have a list of issues amongst themselves... All of the actually good ones shoot for the preposterously wealthy snake oil chugging high-level audiophiles, who think that 2-4,000 USD is "reasonable but just a tad pricey, given the competition"
Like fuck, mate.
I'm worried that we'll end up in this situation:

-Casual users drink the damned Kool aid and buy into Bluetooth audio fully.

-PMP our only hope.

-PMPs remain ultraluxe products because casual listeners don't give a shit anyway.

-Headphones with 3.5mm TRS become mostly abandoned, only shit gaming headsets, ultra cheap dollar store earbuds, and ultraluxe 300 dollar and up headphones remain, because the casual users don't give a shit.
>>
>>58185674
>bootloop
>>
>>58189335
A dedicated group of autists kept making a thread saying that the headphone jack is the reason phones are still so thick. Eventually Jony Ive saw one of those threads and he loved the idea.
>>
>>58186174
Bad specs for price, unlike the Z3C, with is(or was) just a smaller flagship, that in it's own way was better than the "full" one (better battery life, to mention one).
>>
I have never changed a battery in my life, and I've been through like 6 smartphones. Also with crappy batteries like the Nexus 5.

I really do not see the point, if the battery becomes really really bad (Wich it shouldn't in less than 2 years) maybe it's time for a new phone? you know, get with the program.. you're obviously a techie.

And are people this lazy to charge? a decent phone should last you (almost) an entire day, then charge overnight. repeat.

Also 64gb+ should be more than enough, clean your phone out once in a while, use clouds, remove all those useless apps and keep your porn on the PC/laptop.
>>
>>58185817
>LG G4 if it were Bootloop immune

if fucking only. fuck LG
>>
>>58187050
>What possible benefit is there to removing the headphone jack?

There is no benefit. Apple made a retarted decision nobody except some apple shills like and now every other manufacturer has to copy it no matter how retarted it is.
>>
>>58185708
I used to see the appeal in removable batteries, but honestly, nowadays between the two year upgrade cycle on my contract and the inexpensive coverage plan, it really doesn't matter anymore. I wouldn't buy anything without a headphone jack though, that shit's ridiculous.
>>
>>58189630
I think the AMOLED is partly a supply issue: Apple is expected to go OLED with the iPhone 8 and is cutting into everyone's stock. Increased demand is outstripping fab development, to the point that we are seeing models go back to LCDs from the crunch. That should just be short term.

A bit of a size/weight benefit to making the battery glued in, should make it easier to make water resistant.
>[exploding note 7 battery joke]
I don't know about the last two.

>All of the actually good ones shoot for the preposterously wealthy snake oil chugging high-level audiophiles
They do that because they basically have no market and are relegated to niche duty. Also, most the really expensive ones are terrible and just expensive for the sake of being expensive. That's probably not a good thing.

For now, losing the head[hone jack just looks like an unnecessary race to strip out features.
>>
>>58185674
Alright, can we finally admit """flagship""" smartphones are a meme now?
>>
File: 1472456942442.png (86KB, 610x824px) Image search: [Google]
1472456942442.png
86KB, 610x824px
>>58185674
>>
>>58190514
tfw this doesnt work on linux
>>
>>58185784
>>58185817
G2 is literally one of the best phones ever.
>>
Manufcators without headphone jack
>Shill"Allah akbar" sung
>L "Bootloops" G
Nothing of value was lost
>>
>>58189896
I don't really get this whole deal about bootloop.
Got an LG G3, it started rebooting on its own so amazon gave me a full refund and I bought another.
I've been using it for over a year now and it's fine.
If you ever have a bootloop problem it'll be covered by basic warranty, just get it fixed or refunded
>>
>>58190514
The time it takes to load images like this is far longer than just saving them to the desktop and uploading from there. I guess I should clear my temp files eventually.
>>
>>58185875
Not him but i like my g5 a lot. Get another battery if you can. Its soooo much better
>>
>>58185817
>Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Phone with glass that is not missing a chance to crack. LMAO
>>
>>58185817
I've had 3 Z3 Compacts in my company for a year now and ALL of them had to have their screen replaced 2 times already. After some time of using, the glue that hold the screen just dries or whatever and it gets loose. The ear detector goes fucking crazy and when you're trying to call someone, the screen goes black and it does not detect that it's not covered. If someone doesn't answer, you can't even end the call. The speaker also gets fucked and stops working unless you press the screen hard with your fingers. Fuck this phone with all my heart.
>>
>>58191336
>>58191366
Here comes the desperate samshills
>>
>>58191396
never even had a samsung but whatever you want to believe
>>
>>58185735
I don't think that can ever happen, ever.

Sony makes plenty of their own audio equipment, which many run off a headphone jack. Even with their ldac wireless memes, if Sony mobile ever sold a phone without the headphone jack, the sound division would probably personally punch the lights out of all the mobile engineers.
>>
>>58186289
>dongle
>dongle
>>
>>58187050
>What possible benefit is there to removing the headphone jack?

for the user ?
none

For the OEM ?
Easy: your jack headsets/headphone won't work anymore with your phone, so you'll have to buy another one. And guess who will be selling one ?
(Also, in the case of Apple, they will get a shitload of royalties for the use of lightning)
>>
>>58189918
>buying a phone in contract
>being forced to buy a new phone because the battery is fucked

how did you even find this place? shouldn't you be playing solitaire on your ancient emachines pre-built?
>>
>>58185674
>>58185690

This man is a genius. A revolutionary. Innovator and Pioneer.

You are a nobody, know-nothing, piece of shit.

Who do you think you are to tell me Macs suck and not to buy Apple? You think you have more wisdom than Steven Paul "Steve" Jobs? You don't. You can't even compare.

Every time I use my MBP with Retina display at Starbucks, in Barnes & Noble, I feel like I am on par with Steve's genius. I feel like I could be the next George Lucas when I use iMovie, or the next Stephenie Meyer when I work on my self-published novels with iWorks.

This man knows what's best, that's why he used his own products. Even Bill Gate's wife admits to being jealous of her friend's iPhones. She has to use Windows Server 8 phone or some shit.

Why else would Apple be the most valuable company in history? Steve was the smartest person to ever live.
>>
File: 1473664390900.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1473664390900.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>58192059
>Every time I use my MBP with Retina display at Starbucks, in Barnes & Noble, I feel like I am on par with Steve's genius. I feel like I could be the next George Lucas when I use iMovie, or the next Stephenie Meyer when I work on my self-published novels with iWorks.
>>
There is no legitimate reason to own a high-end phone except for photography and shooting videos when carrying a dedicated camera would be inconvenient.

Other than that, the only people buying new phones are memers and muh gaymes xd manchildren. This is necessarily true since we have already reached peak performance necessary for normal phone usage in moderately priced phones.
>>
>>58192159
No one who plays video games "seriously" plays on a phone. Its mostly memers and little kids who want to be cool
>>
>>58185784
My Nigga, LG G2 was the best phone I'd ever own. I had it for three years until the touch screen given out. I want to replace the screen again because the new LG phones are a pile of shit.
>>
>>58185674
They can suck a cock, I refuse to buy any phone without a headphone jack.
>>
lel

Androidpoors cucked again.

You cant succeed if you dont copy iPhones, deal with it.
>>
>>58192238
Mine is fine for 2 years, except for some scratches on the body, as I only use the bumper cover, and the camera's lens because I'm a clumsy ass nig.
>>
>>58192159
Pretty much the absolute maximum you should be spending on a device these days is USD $500 outright.
No reason otherwise. Even if you want a pretty great camera.

The whole buying the latest galaxy/iphone/pixlel/etc is such a stupid trend, no wonder so many people are poor.
>>
>>58192238
>My nigga

White trash fuck boy
>>
>>58189241
The problem is that not a lot companies are ready to use AMOLED, and when a phone has it, it often uses unremovable battery as well
>>
>>58185817
Throw Samsung Galaxy S3 on there too. 4 years later and it's still godly.
>>
>>58192632
I'm a gook but nice try
>>
>>58192632
>this triggered over words on the internet
>>
>>58185986
>"its almost touching my asshole, why not pound it all the way in?"
>>
>>58186156
Literally only Samsungs before year 2015 have those features. S5 and variants there of
>>
>>58185817
>iphone 6
>the big stupid one that brought some of the worst changes to ios at that
No way man iphone 5 is the best iphone. Perfect size for one handed use and ios is built to give the best possible experience on a phone with such a relatively small screen.
I'll use this thing till I either break it or it dies. And if I were to upgrade to an apple product at that time I would go with the 5se.
>>
>not getting a mate 9
whats ur excuse?
>>
>>58185817
No S5? C'mon
>>
what's next?

Are they gonna remove the screen too?
>>
File: 1482703793022.jpg (24KB, 451x452px) Image search: [Google]
1482703793022.jpg
24KB, 451x452px
>>58185674
Removable battery isn't a huge deal for me, although it makes finding a replacement battery that isn't shit harder.

But headphone jack removal? Fuck off LG, I trusted you. The whole reason I bought this G4 was because of the battery and SD slot, but I am not going to buy a new set of headphones to use your phone.

I guess when my replacement G4 dies, I'll go to HTC or China shit.

Companies down for the count in my book:
LG
Google
Samsung

Honestly it is just getting fucking old how anti-consumer companies are now a days.
>>
>>58185817
M9 is a great phone, but I wish the battery lasted longer. Not the best ROM support on the Verizon variant either
>>
>>58185817
The m9 shoudlnt be there

Also, redmi 3
>>
>>58186266
When did /g/ become /consumerism/? I really don't remember.
>>
>>58191336
It's actually ten times more durable than, say, a glass piece of shit like any the s6/s7, newer sony phones, iphones, etc etc
>>
>>58196164
too many things around the corner. like bluetooth 5.0
>>
>>58185674
>apple have cucked us

all smartphone companies are the fucking same you blithering retard. there's no respect in the consumer electronics industry anyway so why get bothered about it?
>>
>>58185985
>get the pixel instead
What the fuck? Just get the HTC 10, atleast it has the SDcard slot. Ideally get the HTC 10 if your on a GSM network or Sprint for CDMA. The other models are locked up making modding much harder.
>>
>>58197504
>bluetooth
i didnt even know this meme was still alive
>>
>>58185674
>apple have cucked us out of yet another useful feature
Apple aren't responsible for what other phone manufacturers like LG do.
That is, unless you believe the whole industry just copies anything Apple does.
>>
>>58185674
Why would you want a fingerprint reader?
>>
>>58199414

They do.
>>
>>58186502
So when the battery has half the capacity in 2 years you can easily get a new one without a complex process
>>
>>58189351
>and to make it thinner.

Stop spreading this myth, it's THICKER than the one with a headphone jack.
>>
>>58191082
>The time it takes to load images like this

You mean instantly?
>>
>>58185674
>No headphone jack

But I thought LG was all about

>MUH MULTIPLE DACS
>MUH AUDIO EXPERIENCE
>>
>>58200013
LG doesn't give a fuck, they can barely even release ONE device that won't fucking bootloop.
>>
>Have Note 4
>Look at current phones on the market
>The Note 4 is still better than all of them
Gonna use this until it dies. It's still very fast and has more features than current phones. There's no incentive to upgrade when I'd just be losing things like the removable battery.
>>
>>58185817
>no Nexus 5 on that list
>iPhone
>HTC

Please anon
>>
>>58185767

If I wanted Apple I would buy Apple, fuck off.
>>
>>58185921
Fuck wireless, there's enough radiation going through my head, I don't need anymore. Just buy cheap headphones and you'll be fine.
>>
>>58189896
there are lots of fixes online for this
>>
>>58186156
Galaxy S5
>>
>>58185674
stock up on those older model phones, consumer plastic shit is steadily decreasing in quality until we reach the end times
>>
>>58185767
>yet want it cheap as well. This leaves no money for R&D

how much do you think it costs to build a smartphone?
>>
>>58200354
only complicated, temporary ones for data recovery.
>>
File: banana - stimothy.jpg (31KB, 800x762px) Image search: [Google]
banana - stimothy.jpg
31KB, 800x762px
>>58200408
not from what ive seen
>>
File: 1481266166835.jpg (39KB, 329x344px) Image search: [Google]
1481266166835.jpg
39KB, 329x344px
>tfw phones are so close to being perfect recently that manufacterers couldn't figure out any way to make next year's phones better so they make them worse so they can at least say are different
>>
>>58200426
feel free to prove me wronmg I have a bricked g4 in my hand
>>
>>58185970
But a lot of chink phones have ass-backward modifications to Android, ugly design (have a look at your picture), and questionable hardware quality. Not to mention the often lack of community support (root, custom ROMs, recoveries and shit like that.)
>>
>>58186156
samsung galaxy s5
>>
>>58185674

>lg

Enjoy your bootloops, burn in, etc.
>>
>bought a ZTE Axom 7
>selling point is high fidelity audio

>>58189630
>>
I swear to god apple i will fucking bomb your hq if you set us on a path to remove all jacks and replace them with your shitty dac requiring ports .

I dont want a dongle in me or my phone u faggots!
>>
>>58200849
AKA you will shitpost a few times about it and buy new headphones or a dongle.

Stay mad.
>>
I actually like this idea. With the forced meme trend of making everything thinner and the clear lack of revolutionary battery upgrades, I'd rather just carry multiple small devices at this point.

Fuck a headphone jack, just give me a small DAP with built in spotify or soundcloud or something.
>>
File: 1482460053103.jpg (70KB, 770x760px) Image search: [Google]
1482460053103.jpg
70KB, 770x760px
> needing more than 32gb of built-in storage for a phone
>>
>>58196503
I'll probably get an iphone 7 if my G4 dies. I love it But it already bootlooped on my first one. G2 is godly though.
>>
>>58185817
>iPhone 6s Plus
>Not iPhone SE
you dun goof'd
>>
File: Capture+_2016-12-27-02-39-19.png (146KB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-12-27-02-39-19.png
146KB, 1440x2392px
>>58185674

I have a V20 that hasn't bootlooped yet AMA while you can.
>>
>>58202456
I have a Robin specifically because I didn't think I would need more. The cloud stuff isn't even enabled.
>>58202434
>>
>>58189479
>fingerprint scanners are harmful
Could you elaborate on how?
>>
>>58187037
Would be if they'd offer a play edition. And I'm using s7e right now.

My opo and note 10.1 2014 are both on nougat already.
>>
>>58186179
Most companies actually go bankrupt because of simple reasons like this.
>>
File: tumblr_o6tmobYpNb1r6z764o1_500.jpg (81KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6tmobYpNb1r6z764o1_500.jpg
81KB, 500x500px
>>58185674
just fuck my shit up pham. the LG g series has gotten worse since the g3 wtf is going on? my shit is pretty much broken but the g4 boot loops the g5 has the buttons on the side not the back which is the main cool feature to the g series or was at least.. the g5 is also metal so it doesn't wireless charge (which the fucking g2 DID support) and neither will this bullshit g6.

are these company's retarded? Motorola confirmed basic bitch tier with no flagship, samshit confirmed housefire with locked down rom/bootloader, LG confirmed for not being able to into hardware, sony cant into ergonomics, htc is just a chinkphone with a markup.

seriously considering getting a brick phone and a tablet ffs.
>>
Looks like i am getting G5 when my G2 dies.
>>
>>58190514
Copy what image? It's a screenshot of the website.
>>
>>58205714
>11% battery
bye bye
>>
still using my g3

pry it from my hands shitters
>>
>>58185674
>is it too much to ask to find an android phone with an OLED screen, headphone jack (i can't fucking believe i need to list that as a feature), IR blaster and fingerprint reader?
>removable battery and SD slot is a must, you may as well buy an iphone if you don't have those.

You just described my phone, the Galaxy S5. It's a damn fine phone, specially with all the storage I have (32gb + 64gb SD card) and there's a lot of custom roms, so that means free updates as long as pajeets exist. TouchWiz is acceptable as long as you root and uninstall the bloat and disable background apps. I get pretty decent battery life, it lasts the whole day without a problem, and most of the times I get 5 hours of screen on time.
>>
Removable battery is a non issue for me but headphone jack is huge. I still don't believe LG/Samsung are gonna drop the 3.5mm jack though. All these articles come off as click bait bullshit. The "according to a new report" line is a dead giveaway this came right out of the writers ass
>>
>>58185851
G5 here as well, had it since launch, and no complaints at this point
>>
>>58207167
>buttons on the back
>cool feature
pick one
>>
Who cares? You don't need to buy new phones just because they're new.

You honestly wouldn't be missing out on much buying a phone from a year or two ago.
>>
>>58185714
No joke I'm on one right now. SD slot, IR, headphone jack, we're going nuts over here
>>
It's been around a year and a half since I purchased my Z3 and it's still going strong. Definitely a god tier phone
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.