[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017 expectations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3245.jpg (68KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3245.jpg
68KB, 1136x640px
Aight gents the year is almost over, what do you expect to be exciting for 2017
>>
>>58173962
4K@144Hz screens.

1TB+ SSDs coming down in price to ~$100

Zen/Ryzen being good.

Two of those are quite realistic.
>>
ryzen basically
>>
>>58173974
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
fucking kill yourself
>>
>>58173974
>Two of those are quite realistic.
Can't wait to buy a 4k display and a 1tb SSD then!
>>
>>58173974
Are there even any cards that can run 4K at 144hz? Is high refresh rate past 1440 even necessary ?
>>
My predictions for the next year are:

Unfortunately SSD prices are going to stay either stagnant or they'll climb higher until late next year, due to the shortages.
8TB SSD and more manufacturers pushing products on the market.
OLED TVs and monitors are going to drop dramatically in price, more competition enters the market.
4K@144Hz
USB 3.1 is going to see a hell of a lot more adoption.
Ryzen is going to be good, but going to trade blows with 6800k, maybe even beats it. It will not match 6900k in anything.
5000Mhz RAM kits at the end of 2017
Optane/3D Xpoint going to hit the market, but it's not going to be anything special for the insanely high price it will have. NVMe is already so fast that it makes no sense to buy that stuff.
PCIe 4.0 will start appearing.
Drone deliveries get experimented a lot by many companies.

Absolutely jack shit is going to happen with CPU maximum performance.

And that's what I can think of right now.
>>
I hope salty nutella dies
>>
>>58173962
Linux will become usable and you won't have to dwell into the terminal and Google to fix small bugs that shouldn't be there in the first place.

...who am I kidding
>>
>>58173962
The year of the Linux Desktop
>>
>>58175008
does that exist? I should probably buy it.
>>
hope someone will come out with OLED monitor
i'd be willing to pay $1.5k for it.
>>
>>58174908
>PCIe 4.0 will start appearing.
2020+

>5000Mhz RAM kits at the end of 2017
actually realistic

>8TB SSD
already a thing

>OLED TVs and monitors
no such thing as OLED monitor yet.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.