[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windows Vista appreciation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: vista vs 7.png (273KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
vista vs 7.png
273KB, 1600x600px
Vista has a nicer, more functional Network and Sharing Center window than Windows 7

you even get the option to change the name and icon of a network
>>
>>58171030
Vista was so fucking comfy.
>>
>>58171030
>these two graphical options make up for the bugs and crashes associated with Vista
>>
>>58171153
you mean like when people were switching from DOS/Win3x to Windows 95?
or from Windows 98 to XP?
>>
>tfw you installed Vista on launch day and used it right to 7's launch without experiencing these endless issues other people claimed to have

The only problem I ever had was a bluescreen ONCE after installing new AMD drivers.
>>
>>58171030
i bought my first real laptop (asus) and it came with vista installed

it was comfy and aesthetic as fuck

the hate came from it being forced on sub-mediocre hardware and the page file and indexing just hammered the machines to ground

i would take vista and aero any day over win 8 metro live tiles and charm bar skullfuckery
>>
Yea Vista was pretty fucking nice, the hardware just couldn't handle it properly.
>>
>>58171153
>shitty drivers which were patched a decade ago
>still crying about it
the fug is wrong with you sir autismo? vista is the best OS. everything microshaft has released aftwards was just vista but replaced with a shittier gui and cuck tactics like forced update
>>
File: vista.png (68KB, 1058x396px) Image search: [Google]
vista.png
68KB, 1058x396px
Vista user reporting in, the only bad thing is you gotta install windows updates manually as it just continues checking for updates until the end of time.
>>
>>58174196
I wonder if this crippling performance drop due to fucked WU affetcs Windows Server 2008 as well.
That would be unforgivable, but those systemem are basically the same
>>
>>58174196
win7 has the same issue : (
>>
>>58174760
No it doesn't, its fixed. Also,
> Not having a 7 ISO updated each month with new updates slipstreamed into it
>>
>>58172714
Isn't Vista just a shinier XP with DX11
>>
>>58171030
Vista is superior to Windows 7 (or anything later of course). I have always been of that opinion.

Vista was the last Windows version that treated the user like some sort of an adult.
>>
>>58171030
In Windows 7 you can also change the name and icon, just it's somewhat hidden, you need to click your network icon (not the network properties link) to be able to change it.
>>
>>58174896
Vista was the first to treat you like a child... by default disabled wifi for instance and you had to find your way to UAC to be like, "i understand that wifi is bad, please let me use it though"
>>
>>58176162
Well, alright, but not anything like Windows 7
>>
Loved Vista64
>>
Vista was a good OS for if you're not a gaymer.
>>
>>58172561
Basic user here, I was even more basic back then, but can confirm i never ever had any issues with vista. seven felt great but 8 not much, im very pleased with 10 and im starting to use mint for "open source photography projects".
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.