[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better for me to learn to code at a college or at home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4204.jpg (25KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4204.jpg
25KB, 499x499px
Is it better for me to learn to code at a college or at home on the internet by myself?
>>
>>58170006
in stinking hovel
toils man and his struggle
to tame computer
>>
>>58170006
Even if you go to collage you'll be doing a lot of personal learning
>>
>>58170006
first learn to code and home with the language
they want from college and go to college
and show these fags who is boss! p.s college must be non-bs brosci and with clever edu program and fees
>>
>>58170006
Fits well.
>>
>>58170006
>code
You mean programming? Better to learn at home. I already knew programming when I went to university and had a easy time in class.
>>
>>58170006
my uni doesnt teach you how to code shit, so learn at home.
>>
Go to school, companies will value it, and having a teacher is invaluable in life. If you want cs to become more than a job, you'll study shit on your own. In other words, don't be cocky thinking you're too cool for school, get a degree, and then tinker around if you want.
>>
>>58170006
I'd say learn the basics and make at least 5 week long projects then decide for yourself since everyone learns differently
>>
>>58170076
Yeah, do both... But many other degrees like statistics or engineering might make it easier to get certain programming jobs.
>>
>>58170006
Just keep busy and never give up. The more energy you put in the more youll be rewarded.
>>
>>58170118
this is true...
>>
While we're at it, does computer engineering have a large advantage over computer science jobwise? Not that it really matters at this point, locked myself out of the former (took ECE classes for a minor without labs), but I'm curious.

>select all images that feel romantic

You're weirding me out Captcha.
>>
>>58170006
https://www.coursera.org/learn/python/
>>
Personally i cannot teach myself code very well. It is possible but much more difficult to teach yourself rather than at school. In my opinion
>>
>>58170065
>>58170075
>>58170076
>>58170118
Listen to all of this OP. You can get the basics down and even do some cool stuff on your own.
Then university teaches you the theory and how/why things work. They really go hand in hand.
People on one side try to shit on the other but knowing the practical and the theoretical is the best way to go. You have a more intimate knowledge with what you're working with.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.