[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get the skills for jobs in the 130-250+ range?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: images.png (3KB, 311x162px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
3KB, 311x162px
How the fuck do you get this experience just coming out of school?

For instance Amazon (130-250+) list skills required as,

I'm looking for an experienced software developer that is comfortable with big data and machine learning and can:

* Design systems that provide a stable base for innovation in a rapidly changing business

* Improve Forecasting algorithms through data-driven analysis and experimentation in our Scala/Spark environment

* Optimize for scalability and performance of both distributed computations and near-metal C++ code

* Learn quickly and keep up with a rapidly changing machine learning and big data landscape

* Communicate their ideas clearly with all members of a diverse team
>>
>>58164295
>Communicate their ideas clearly with all members of a diverse team

There goes 85% of /g/ autismos. LEL.
>>
>>58164573
true KEK. their response would be "install gentoo"
>>
Management

Get an MBA. Wife and I are both engineers, but I have an MIS and she has an MBA. She's a director and has people reporting to her so she makes $185K, while I make about half that.
>>
>>58164646
>wife
jej
>>
>>58164646
>making half as much as your wife
>>
>>58164295
Internships and co-ops.
>>
>>58164646
OP here,

Problem is... I want to do technical work and not manage people. MBA is a fluff degree IMO and any idiot could get one. I agree it's hard as fuck to get into a top 10 MBA program though
>>
>>58164663
>"wife"
>his
>>
>>58164295
Do that all throughout your childhood.
>>
Businesses are run by MBAs and the system is set up to reward MBAs. The Suits always win.

Feels comfy to make nearly $300K pa without children, regardless of whose name is on what check. It's all co-mingled and if she leaves me I get half of her shit.
>>
>>58164295
>* Communicate their ideas clearly with all members of a diverse team

Means communicate business value of your work to management, and senior management.

>Learn quickly and keep up with a rapidly changing machine learning and big data landscape

Technologies change, be on the forefront of those changes.

>* Optimize for scalability and performance of both distributed computations and near-metal C++ code

Probably means be comfortable writing ASM, C, and C++ code.

>Improve Forecasting algorithms through data-driven analysis and experimentation in our Scala/Spark environment

Clear enough

>Design systems that provide a stable base for innovation in a rapidly changing business

Design stable systems that scale.
>>
>>58164807
hey i'm sure him and his wifes children are very happy
>>
>>58165191
>believing him
>>
>>58164680
My buddy who used to work with me just jumped to another company making 300 base. we do binary protection stuff, so a lot of undocumented winapi knowledge and just general OS and binary design knowledge
>>
File: cb0.jpg (12KB, 356x357px) Image search: [Google]
cb0.jpg
12KB, 356x357px
>>58164646
>Get an MBA
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.