[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really really hate Microsoft. Why do I have to be on W10 to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Xbox One Controller.jpg (23KB, 650x455px) Image search: [Google]
Xbox One Controller.jpg
23KB, 650x455px
I really really hate Microsoft.

Why do I have to be on W10 to use this wirelessly via bluetooth? Windows 8 and 7 both have bluetooth.

Is there any legitimate reason for this besides trying to make me upgrade? W10 has severe compatibility issues with my laptop an I'd rather not use it.
>>
>Compatibility issues with my laptop

Stop lying, you can use windows 7 and 8 hardware drivers in windows 10.
>>
>>58157916

Right, but regardless my laptop always shits up with it. I don't know what causes it but I have no interest in going back.

Since going back to W7 I've had zero issues and it's been SO FUCKING NICE.

So quit shilling, boy.
>>
because fuk you nigga
>>
>>58157916
>2 rupees...
>>
>>58157956
Lol pargeet!!!
>>
>>58157896
Yeah. I went on ali express and got one of the knock of wifi receivers for this thing ($30). Works fine (took a couple of minutes to figure out how to sync it).
>>
>>58158034
isn't that more than the normal price on amazon?

probably third world or something
>>
>>58158034
>$30 for a knockoff
Official ones are $25 dude
>>
>>58157896
Install GNU/Linux Gentoo
>>
>not using a wireless controller
>>
>>58158280
xbox one controllers are bluetooth now, that's wireless
>>
>>58158311

Bluetooh Wireless Only Available with New Windows 10™
>>
>>58157896
Just get a fucking Dual Shock 4 or a Steam Controller. It's not like you lack alternatives.
>>
>>58157896
It's a trap anon.
>>
>>58159465

Lol, why are you so upset, anon????????????????????????????????
>>
>>58159465
Also steam controllers a shit
>>
>>58159589
Are you mentally retarded or just a fucking idiot?
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 645x968px
>Plug in brand new Bluetooth receiver
>Click Bluetooth option that now appears in start menu
>turn on controler, it syncs every time perfectly
Damn the future feels good
>>
File: DeckerClassified.jpg (233KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DeckerClassified.jpg
233KB, 1200x1600px
>He doesn't know the dongle works for Win 7.
>>
Why would the support and develop for deprecated operating systems?

Should they have developed for XP too?
>>
>>58159860
>Deprecated operating systems
Windows 7 uses the exact same kernel as windows 10. They're using the same base stack.
Not supporting Windows 7 (or 8) is just a planned obsolescence move by Microsoft to push you to Windows 10 so they can try and milk more money from you.

And if you wanna pull that shit, Windows 8 has support into 2018, so yes they /should/ support that. Just like there's no actual technical reason for them to not have Direct X12 except wanting to move you to the new OS where they snoop all of your key presses so they can make more money from you.
>>
>>58159640
>steam controllers a shit
You clearly havent seen any of the reviews then
>>
>>58159860
Yes, most of the world still runs 7 and XP
>>
>>58157896

>Why do I have to be on W10 to use this wirelessly via bluetooth?

You don't.
>>
>>58159889
Dude I have one... it's neat for playing mouse and keyboard only games I guess. But for anything that supports a controller an Xbox controller is far superior. Hell even the DS4 isn't bad compared to the steam controller.
>>
>>58159916
You do.
>>
>>58160009
You don't.
>>
>>58160037
We're not talking about jumping through any hoops senpai... we're discussing supported features
>>
>>58159889

>he fell for the meme

I did too anon.

They are garbage. It is like playing with a shitty trackpad from 2006.
>>
>>58157896

The Microsoft xbox wireless adapter has drivers for Windows 8.
>>
>>58160001
You're a fucking idiot. Use the right track pad as a mouse and the rest as a gamepad. I've used it for dozens of different games and it works perfect
>>
>>58160111
It can be if you don't bother tweaking it. If you do tweak it then it can feel superior to a stick.
>>
>>58157896
It werks fine on linux
>>
>>58160037
Explain how it works? I'm talking about the wireless WIRELESS bt without the dongle on W7. My dual shock 4 works fine on W7 via the inbuilt bt on my lappytop
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.