[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running Firefox 28.0 cant get Twitch to log me in or any vid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: twitcherrors.png (63KB, 1894x1012px) Image search: [Google]
twitcherrors.png
63KB, 1894x1012px
Running Firefox 28.0 cant get Twitch to log me in or any video page to load, pic related shows combination edited together and trying to view a random channel. The extensions Im running are NoScript2.9.0.14, uBlock Origin1.9.16, RequestPolicy0.5.28.1, HTTPS Everywhere5.2.6, BetterPrivacy1.68.1, CookieManger+1.13.2, and Greasemonkey 1.15.1 with scripts YoutubeCenter Dev Build 538, Google Search Better Privacy0.0.4, and GoogleMonkeyR1.7.3.3. Even if I temp allow all requests and scripts with RequestPolicy, uBlock, and NoScript it still doesnt let me login or watch so Im not sure what to do anymore to attempt to fix it. In the screenshot the only things I have allowed are ttvnw.net, jtvnw.net, ssl-images-amazon.com, gstatic.com, cloudflare.com and blocking everything else because they are mostly ad sites and dont change anything to make the chat or videos load etc. Can someone please help me figure out and fix the issue so I can do both?
>>
>10 year old browser
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY WON'T IT WORK
>>
>>58151822
It used to work fine. Dont want to update to the newest Firefox but I dont know the last version of it that was "good" if thats the only issue.
>>
>firefox 28
Fucking why?
>>
Let me guess, you hate Australis
>>
>Firefox 28 was released on March 18, 2014.

Found your problem OP. No need to thank me.
>>
https://html5test.com/compare/browser/firefox-28.html
>AAC support No x
>Media Source extensions No x
>DRM support No x
>MPEG-4 ASP support No x
>H.264 support No x
>H.265 support No x
Top kek. I wonder why
>>
>>58152266
>>58152352
Alright Ill try a newer version. Is there a recommended one for security or just the latest one?

>>58152261
I know there are addons to change it I thought older Firefox were more secure before they switched to it so I stayed with it.
>>
Streamlink + mpv
>>
>>58152752
>Streamlink
Already use livestreamer and MPC-HC 99% of time but sometimes need to actually use Twitch which is why want to fix it.
>>
nigga if you want to use a shitty old version of firefox just use pale moon
>>
>>58152800
Have that too but thanks. Doesnt work on that browser or Opera 12 either.
>>
>>58152780
Livestreamer is unmaintained, everyone is switching to streamlink
>>
>>58152822
Really? Didnt hear about that. Do they already have improved featuresover livestreamer or did it just start?
>>
>>58152837
Its a recent fork, you don't have to do that auth token shit to watch twitch anymore

https://github.com/streamlink/streamlink/blob/master/README.md
>>
>>58152879
>auth token shit
That shit is awful especially when I do it and sometimes it remembers Ive done it and sometimes I have to do it again. Thanks I will install that too once I figure out what to do about having a secure but updated enough Firefox version >>58152697
>>
File: onhrmn.jpg (36KB, 640x535px) Image search: [Google]
onhrmn.jpg
36KB, 640x535px
>>58152697
> I thought older Firefox were more secure

>>58152807
>opera 12
>probably old as fuck pale moon

this is not how you stay secure
>>
>>58152985
Thought older Firefox was more secure before they switch to the new style and people at the time seemed to agree. Have addons to prevent scripts I dont know and such so it hasnt been a problem. What Firefox version is good for security then?
>>
>>58152822
>everyone is switching to streamlink

I'm one of those who switched to memelink, found it unusable and switched back to livestreamer. I don't have a clue how you could break something that much after forking it.

Twitch works when you set up the API key and all the other sites I use still work fine with livestreamer as-is.

Seriously, pull your shit together and I might reconsider.
>>
>>58152985
To add to >>58153019 wasnt Mozilla doing something fishy with peoples data or something like that at the time? Think that was the original reason I stayed on 28 and didnt trust it to update further
>>
>>58153019

use the latest version you fucking retard
>>
>>58153055
Unusable in what way, unironically works on my machine
>>
File: 1481464499857.jpg (57KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1481464499857.jpg
57KB, 350x350px
>>58153055
>>58153141

>not using youtube-dl
>>
>>58153109
Latest version isnt always the best for security that I can customize further.
>>
>unironically using firefox 28
how can one be so fucking stupid just why
>>
>>58153171
Works on my machine*™

*Except for Twitch
>>
>>58153159
I didn't know it did streams
>>
>>58153171
See
>>58153063
>>
>>58153063
>something fishy with peoples data

Not even you know what.

And about security, there is no reason to think that the latest version isn't also the most secure.

In short, >>58153109.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.