[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oculus Rift

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: oculus.jpg (17KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
oculus.jpg
17KB, 854x480px
Hey fagmasters,

/k/ here. I was wondering if my rig could handle a VR headset like the Oculus Rift. I was going to get a pleb PS4 VR headset, but everyone and their wife's son is out.

Here's my specs:
>AMD FX 6300
>NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
I know everything else is kosher, but I just wanted to make sure. Please help me /g/, my wife's son really, REALLY wants VR for Christmas and I've been a lazy, NEET fuck for the last two months.
Any other things you guys think I might need?
Thanks, buds. And have a Merry Christmas!

I will be monitoring this thread.
>>
pls
>>
File: rift.png (22KB, 989x582px) Image search: [Google]
rift.png
22KB, 989x582px
>>58151369
No. Your shit PC isn't even half way to VR.
>>
>>58151536
Fuck. Guess that's what I get for buying a (((prepackaged))) ((((((Best Buy)))))) ((((((((("Gaming"))))))))) ((((((((((((PC))))))))))))
Merry Christmas, anon. I'll delete this POS thread after a few minutes.
>>
shitshitshit. I fucked up. I gave you guys the wrong info.
I know the processor's good, but what about a AMD Radeon RX 480 card?
pls /g/
I need help...
>>
>>58151536
These specs are a joke.
Vr requires 1440p x2 at 60fps locked to not get screen door effect and not become violently ill. Even a titan xp would have trouble pulling that off.
Unless you're just playing stupid meme games. Which is all vr has at the moment.
>>
>>58151641
>>58151620

Can you help, bud?
I'm in a bind and really only have another hour to not make my Christmas shit.
>>
>>58151620
A 480 is fine I have a 280 and it works ok but it really is the minimum plus I don't get vr sick easy
>>
Will fuck you guys and thanks for nothing.
>>
>>58151369
I run a DK2, (1 1080p screen), and I can barely get away with my R7 260x.

I'm getting an RX 480, but since I don't use the consumer rift like normie scum, I can get away with less. Unless you "rift" you mean chinesium bullshit 25 fps, 480p garbage, you'll have to shell out some more coin.
>>
>>58151755
Thanks, anon. Guess the lil faggot will have to wait several months.
>>58151753
this
>>
>>58151369
>owns guns to compensate for his small dick
>indulges motion picture gun fantasies
>wants virtual reality to live those fantasies
>calls other fagmaster

top kek
>>
>>58151904
Have you ever been to /k?

We're /lgbt/ with guns you lil' nigger.
Do you have feminine penis?
pls pics

>inb4 bait
>>
>>58151928
Tiny cock is spot on, however. 3.5" rock hard bby
>>
>>58151641
>60fps locked
it's 90 fps
>>
>>58151369
FWIW the razor OSVR HDK2 has lower requirements than any of the others.

http://www.razersupport.com/hdk2

What are the system requirements for the HDK?- HDK 1 – A PC running at least a GTX 660 and i5 3Ghz CPU or equivalent with a minimum of 8GB of Ram

- HDK 2 – A PC running at least a GTX 970 and i5 4590 or equivalent with a minimum of 8GB of Ram.

*Optimal performance comes down to the system requirements for the content you are running
>>
>>58151620
>I know the processor's good
no it isn't
get a proper i5 cpu for vr like the i5 6600
current amd cpu's are shit tier
AMD gpu's are very CPU bound (unlike nvidia's) so shit cpu = shit FPS in games with the RX 480
>>
>>58151986
>>58151620
>I gave you guys the wrong info.

>>58151369
How good is the PS4 VR in everyone's opinion?
Should I just spring for Oculus + non-shit rig?
>>
>>58151942
I meant that as a minimum not to get sick.
Really vr won't be that comfortable until we can feasibly do 4k at 120. At least for actual games.
Vr is going to be delegated to simple games with simple visuals for a long time. Which isn't entirely bad, but if only shovelware lets play click bait shit comes out, it could lead to an early death for the technology until it inevitably gets reintroduced years later as if it's some innovative new idea.
>>
>>58152003
The vive is supposedly the best out there, between hardware and game support. The psvr is the cheapest, I'm not sure, but maybe even cheapest if you don't already have a ps4.

The only ones I've played with are the Google cardboard, and the PSVR. The PSVR was nothing short of magical after using the cardboard. I don't know how I'd feel about it if I'd used a vive or rift beforehand, but... the graphics were smooth no matter what I did, it blocked out everything else, and the resolution was high enough I didn't notice. No motion sickness or headache in the roughly 20 minute stretch I used it.
>>
>>58151369

If your processor is good, then I suppose it's out of the question. An RX 480 is like the moist nugget of VR cards. Cheap and gets the job done well.

PS4 VR would be a much easier solution, but I'm told that it's just simply not as good graphically. I'd just pony up for a vive, personally.

Sincerely,
a fellow /k/ommando
>>
>>58151369
>handle VR
>GT 730

Good joke OP, you massive faggot
>>
Only huge niggers get oculus. Get a vive
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.