[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dell XPS 13 vs Lenovo X1 Carbon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Hello /g/entlemen,
I REALLY need a new laptop and I am struggling on these two bad boys.
A little preamble: I graduated two days ago in Robotics Engineering, I've been using as main machine a Thinkpad X200 for the last 6 years (2010-2016, I'M NOT KIDDING), running windows 10 with heavy programs such as MATLAB and VisualStudio, and I also entirely wrote the thesis in Latex with it.
Now, I will start working in a BIG software company as a software developer (C++) within two weeks, and I would like to finally change this machine and I am considering the X1 Carbon (also from Lenovo) and the XPS 13 from Dell.
The X1 Carbon has a trackpoint, with which I am really familiar with, also, if the quality is the same of the X200 I will be definetely be a good investment.
The Dell XPS on the other hand has a very sexy screen and better battery life (I heard), it is also a little bit cheaper and has better ports (USB C)

Where I live both the dell XPS 13 and X1 Caron goes around 1700 EUR, also, I would consider the new Apple Macbook pro that has more or less the same specs and costs 1500 EUR.

Any advice is very appreciated
>>
Just use whatever computer your company gives you
>>
Get the XPS 13 unless you want to deal with dongles for the next 6 years.
>>
>>58148581
X1 Carbon or 2015 rMBP

the XPS 13 is pretty bad compared to Thinkpad keyboards, the new rMBP's keyboard is even worse because no travel
>>
>>58149247
x260 or t460s obiously
>>
>have to choose between dell and lenovo

what a sad state of affiairs
>>
Mi Notebook Air 13"
>>
I'd wait and see what Lenovo is going to do for the 70 series and 5th gen X1, perhaps they'll include usb c along side normal ports. Also imo size does make a difference. The xps 13 is a 13.3", but feels more like a 12" or 12.5" laptop, while the x1 carbon is a full size 14" laptop. Imo the xps13 and x260 would be a better comparison due to similar footprint size. I'd go for the x260 due to it's insane battery life which is also hot swapable so the laptop never has to be turned off if you get low and have 2 batteries. Also due to familiarity, trackpads suck to go to after using trackpoints, and imo the key travel on the xps13 is a tad to short.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.