[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mechanical keyboards are a fucking meme prove me wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

mechanical keyboards are a fucking meme

prove me wrong
>>
>>58145705

typed on my mom's 8 year old rubber dome piece of trash
>>
What are you trying to prove

Mechanical keyboards just feel nicer and are a good investment. You don't need one but they do have advantages in gaming and they sound nice with silencers.

Now shoo
>>
File: tippingspeed.png (18KB, 290x336px) Image search: [Google]
tippingspeed.png
18KB, 290x336px
>>58145705
Razer Black Widow Chroma
>>
File: my speed.png (7KB, 305x352px)
my speed.png
7KB, 305x352px
>>58145705
they're not necessarily for typing fast
i typed this on a scissor switch thinkpad
i don't regret buying my MK because i needed a usb keyboard & wanted the additional cool features (listed below)
but don't fall for the meme if all you want is to type fast
fall for the meme if you want to enjoy the comfort, aethetic, and sound of an MK
>>
>>58145738
>investment
you're using that word wrong
investment means it will pay you back more than you spend on it
it's not an investment, mechanical keyboards won't pay you back at all

>they aren't better for your wrist
>their value doesn't go up with time
>you won't be more productive
>you won't type faster

they are literally the opposite of an investment you dumb nigger
>>
My mechanical keyboard is a device that'll last me years, if not decades, and I prefer using it compared to a rubber dome keyboard. $100 for such a thing that I use for hours a day practically every day seems like a pretty damned good deal to me.
>>
>>58145860
That's wrong.

Mechanical keyboards have better build quality and there are keypads designed for better grip etc

Also I type faster with my cherry brown switches but that's just me

Additionally, grabbed from a dictionary:
>a thing that is worth buying because it may be profitable or useful in the future

So you misdefined the word "investment."

It doesn't pay back, but there have been times when I have wanted that fast key response, and it was therefore useful.
>>
>>58145860
you're using the word investment wrong, too
investment is: the action or process of investing money for profit or material result.
note the ``material result''
you are literally purchasing a material
anyway, MKs have a higher build quality, feel nicer, sound good, etc.
you're trying to convince tech enthusiasts that they're wrong for buying something they like
you will always fail
>>
Mechanical keyboards aren't about speed, they let you type for longer without fatigue and are generally more comfortable and enjoyable to type on.

There's no reason not to own one unless you're poor.

This speedtest was typed on my HHKB.
>>
>>58145705
you're right, they're pretty shit for typing fast.
>>
>>58145705
"you should get a mechanical keyboard so you can type faster" - no one ever

kill yourself poor boy
>>
File: 102dty.png (12KB, 302x362px) Image search: [Google]
102dty.png
12KB, 302x362px
>>58145705
$11 walmart keyboard, K120 logitech
I don't think I'd get any quicker on a mechanical
>>
>>58145918
But regular keyboards last years too. You just have to not eat or drink over them. The only keyboard I've had fail on me (and I do nothing but type) is a rubber foldable one, and even then it was only a couple of keys like F3 and Insert
>>
>>58145958
My typing test on my Poker w/ clears.
Poor people suck
>>
I really hate poor people

>Everything I can't afford is a meme
>>
>>58145985
I'm not saying rubber dome keyboards can't last for years, just that I can expect my keyboard's steel springs to last longer. Plus that's ignoring the fact that I prefer the buckling springs.
>>
>>58146015
Especially when it's really a meme.
>>
Mechs aren't even expensive now, one of the top meme mechs on /mkg/ is $40 on Amazon. You can get them as low as $30 if you buy direct from China.
>>
>>58146641
Meh, talking of my own experience, I decided to fianlly change my old ass MS keyboard I had been using for nearly 10 years for a $90 steelseries mechanical keyboard, and it was full of chattering it's not even usable (used it for a couple of months), had it changed and it did the same after a while so I just got it refunded. Bought a corsair k40 for $30 price deal and it works great.
I don't know if it's a meme, but it sure doesn't look like they're made to last. And before somebody tells me I'm a cheap ass and I should have taken a $150 or so one, it's $90 for a keyboard that didn't work after a couple of month. 90 fucking dollars for a keyboard.
>>
>>58145719
are you an actual retard? are we supposed to be impressed that you can type 106 wpm on a shitty keyboard? are you implying we expect you to do better on a mechanical keyboard? what is your argument? what's your point?
>>
File: 1477587193058.png (766KB, 2000x2000px)
1477587193058.png
766KB, 2000x2000px
How do you people type so quick, I can barley hit 70 consistently. I can only type that fast looking at the keyboard
>>
>>58148034
Learn the proper technique and practice often.
>>
>getting under 130 WPM

fucking slow retards, i dont even use 10 fingers and i reach at least 130 minimum, you retards using keyboard for the first time?
>>
>>58148034
Depends entirely on what i have to type. I can type 115 wpm if there are no numbers and mostly short words, but long sentences with numbers, dashes, parentheses and technical jargon mixed in drops me down to 90. 70 wpm is an absolute minimum for me on a bad day.

My strengths correspond to the types of things I type most often. It really is just about practice. Sometimes I wonder how much faster I could type if I learned properly -- I dont use my pinky fingers at all aside from hitting shift and punctuation
>>
A blue mx keyboard costs 30 dollars on amazon. Are you THAT poor then you should consider offing yourself
>>
>>58148161
not quite $30 but for $40: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H6DHITE/
>tenkeyless
>backlit
>blue, brown, red, or black switches
>>
File: dank.png (16KB, 308x353px)
dank.png
16KB, 308x353px
>>58145705
Get on my level, fags
>>
>>58145705
I bet you're the guy who bought a SSD for more FPS.
>>
Would this be a nice keyboard? wanna replace my k65 rgb

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1894
>>
>>58148327
Yeah bruh that looks rad. Green cherry mx switches are the best, too. They're the easiest to push down but they're also the loudest. From loudest to quietest it goes green > blue > black > brown > red.

You can also get one with no labels on the keys. My friend used to have one like that and trolled people all the time. For example his boss would try to show him something on the computer but he couldn't type lol
>>
>>58146015

>I'm an audiophile with a golden ear. I hate poor people for making fun of me and my THICC golden cables
>>
The mechanical keyboard is about comfort.
Like your chair, desk and monitors.
Comfort is the single most important quality your battlestation can have. Very few people need specific hardware for working, everyone needs a chair that doesn't ruin their backs, monitors that don't ruin their eyes and keyboards and mice that don't ruin their wrists.
Assuming that different keyboards affect typing speeds is like assuming that a gaming branded chair brings more FPS.
>>
>>58145705
i agree that mechanical keyboards are a meme, but stop pretending 10fastfingers is a reliable wpm test you absolute shitters
typeracer is the only valid test because you actually have to type coherent sentences
>>
>>58145977
oder one, try it out for ~10 days

then return it
>>
>>58147739
yes, they feal cheap as fuck

I hated the wobbly feel they had
>>
>>58145705
>i like them
there ya go, not a meme
>>
>>58147739
Counter point: I spent ~$60 on a monoprice MK like 4 years ago and it still feels exactly the same as it did on day one. You bought a shitty product at a bad price.
>>
>>58145950
By that logic every consumeristic piece of trash is an investment. For something to be an investment there has to be an expectation on return of money, directly or indirectly. If you want to claim that lifetime gains from buying an expensive meme keyboard are higher than its cost, be my guest, but to me it's like buying a 10$ Starbucks every day and claiming that hipster street cred gained is totally worth it to you.
>>
>all this post-purchase rationalization

Top kek. Mechanical keyboard fags btfo.
>>
File: cherry-mx-blue.jpg (139KB, 650x386px) Image search: [Google]
cherry-mx-blue.jpg
139KB, 650x386px
>>58149291
clickclickclickclickclick
Hey you-
CLICK click click CLICKCLICK
Jelly?
CLICKCLICKclickCLICK?
>>
The sound of a cherry key being released so Goddamn loud

Don't see how you stand it
>>
File: taro_2.jpg (70KB, 426x640px)
taro_2.jpg
70KB, 426x640px
>Love silent and low profile keyboards
>Constantly miss keys

Fuck.
>>
File: fidgetcubeantsylabs17_0.jpg (31KB, 700x249px) Image search: [Google]
fidgetcubeantsylabs17_0.jpg
31KB, 700x249px
>>58145705
Literally for adhd autists
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.