[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hackintosh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1479701532287.png (314KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1479701532287.png
314KB, 400x400px
I looked into it a while ago and it turned out amd processors and mac os didn't mix to well. Anyone here running mac os on non-apple hardware? Is the experience pleasant? Really curious because I just want a comfy unix system that just werks.
>>
>>58142582
>mac os on non-apple hardware
> just werks.

keep dreaming, big guy
>>
>>58142582
It doesn't exactly “just werk” if you need to spend hours getting it running on your hardware, now, does it?
>>
File: 1472143683872.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1472143683872.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
>>58142582
Why not just install Linux?
>>
>>58142647

I'm actually running arch with kde right now but my new motherboard doesn't work with windows 7 so I want something that runs proprietary stuff I need.

I guess i'll try installing it and post here when/if I finish.
>>
It's not easy to set-up, but provided that you don't have some shitty assrock mobo and have either an intel or nvidia gpu, you'll be fine. Some AMD gpus work fine, but you gotta look up what model werks and what doesn't. I really had to fuck around with my R9 390 to get it to work in El Capitan, but sleep was still broken and it sometimes crashed (even after a http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303186-how-to-modification-of-amd-fb-clover-injection/ )
Now, you have to delete some fucking efi section from the vbios or mess around with booting from the igpu first in Sierra.
>>
>>58142687
tonymacx86 is a great site, check the forums to see whether your mobo will probably work or not.
>>
>>58142582
I ran a Hackintosh for a while, just go to the tonymacos forum and copy a build from the finished builds section. You should not get any mainboard nobody else is already successfully running OSX on.
Mainboards (and optionally GPUs) are really the only problematic part about building a Hackintosh, stick to what others use and you'll be happy, even with AMD hardware.
>>
>>58142665
>my new motherboard doesn't work with windows 7
Explain this.
>>
>>58142665
Install virtualbox
Or use RDP
>>
>>58142740

Getting blue screen of death, even in safe mode. I can't install the drivers
>>
>>58142777
Faulty RAM.
>>
>>58142838

I'm shitposting from gnu/linux on the same machine that I get bsod in windows 7 with.
>>
File: 1482100801125_1.jpg (385KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482100801125_1.jpg
385KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>58142582
As long as you have a UEFI motherboard and an Intel Processor, you will not really run into problems.

...Except for the minor problem that NU-Apple is making Mac OS worse and worse with every release after Snow Leopard.
>>
>>58142582
Mac OS isn't really as good as you think it will be. It's far superior to Windows but is on about the same level as non-meme GNU/Linux distros like Fedora, Debian, and OpenPEPE. I'm typing this from a 2015 MBP that's dual booting Mac OS Sierra and Debian Jessie. Macs are nice machines if you have the money to blow on one, but if you can only afford other PC brands, a Lenovo T420 will be your best bet. It's a solid machine and it runs Debian flawlessly. Hackintoshing a T420 will be fairly easy, but that being said Hackintoshing is a pain in the ass. You'll spend a lot of time getting all your hardware to work and updates will be so bad that you'll probably just reinstall the whole OS once a year to get the next major Mac OS release.

Hackintoshing is really not worth it. Just use a Thinkpad with GNU/Linux or get a real Mac.
>>
>>58142604
Ive had my Hack for a year and a half now, it has had less downtime than my windows machine. Once you get it up and running you make clone of the system drive in case shit hits the fan.

The key to stable and reliable is picking hardware for a hackintosh. Not trying to do it on whatever system you have already.

The only thing that is a pain in the dick is needing nvidia drivers which takes forever so you are going to be perpetually behind the curve of GPUs. The best card you can get right now is a 980ti because there is no pascal drivers.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.