[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rpig/ - Raspberry Pi General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: rsz_img_4054.jpg (2MB, 2645x1845px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_4054.jpg
2MB, 2645x1845px
This is a thread for discussing the Raspberry Pi, aso well as other microcomputers like the Odroid.
>Buy a Raspberry Pi and components
adafruit.com
element14.com
>Get inspiration for projects
raspberrypi.org/forums/
forum.xda-developers.com/raspberry-pi
Or here
OP's questo on for the thread:
What can I do to make this general better?
>>
>>58141015
>hello /g/ i just bought a rpi3 what should i do with it
STICK
IT
UP
THE

A S S
S
S
>>
>>58141015
1 - link me to any and every tutorial or pastbin for pi's asap.
2 - gimme the beans on how to make bioshock - teir arial drones with 5 pi's, a lawnmower, and 72 desktop fans
>>
Is there anywhere to get the Pi Zero yet?

I have some things I don't need all the pi's capabilities for.
>>
>>58141015
Can I use a Pi Zero as my main computer? What would prevent me from doing so if I add extra USB ports and install Debian ARM?
>>
>>58141015
Currently attaching another external USB drive and setting up a time machine server. compiling on this thing is a huge pain.
>>
>>58143273
How stretched for money are you?
It would be slow, very very slow, it's running on a shitty ARM single core CPU which can't run a whole lot of programs, the RAM is very limited at 512mb so good luck keeping multiple tabs open. You could do it, but it wouldn't be a pleasant experience
>>
>>58143273
You'd need an externally powered USB hub. And it'd be fucking slow.
>>
>>58143269
you can buy it on adafruit
>>
>>58143273

Do it, everything will be fine.
>>
>>58143385
>very slow
depends what he does
if all he wants to do use use vim and watch animu it should be fine
>>
I installed deluge and for the life of me I can't get it to work.
downloads begin and then die. they sometimes start again and then stop again.
I tried transmission too with same performance.
Any other computer on my network can torrent normally at full speed.
I tried pretty much everything I found on Google. But I guess it's a pretty rare occurrence because for most people it just works.
if anyone has any ideas let me know.
>>
>>58144022
Thanks. I want to make in infrared viewer camera. All it would do is take the images from the camera, display it on a screen, and maybe snap a picture if I tell it to. Is the Pi Zero powerful enough?
>>
>>58144591
The Pi Zero seems fine for that task.
>>
Anybody have a soulseek daemon running? Seems like there's only one developed, and it hasn't been updated in a long time.
>>
What's the best DHCP/DNS server software?
>>
>>58141015
> tfw no one checked out my DIY ADS-B radar

>>58134505 (OP)
I use it as an ADS-B radar to feed FR24's system. I get a business account for free in return.

> http://ads-b.hayastan.tech:8080/
>>
What would be some cool and easy projects to do with a Raspberry Pi?
>>
>>58143269
micro center sold me mine for like 2 bucks.
>>
>>58145272
I looked at it but only saw this guide about setting up such a device.

> http://www.satsignal.eu/raspberry-pi/dump1090.html

Any good?
>>
Are these suitable for bare metal development? I want to play around with OS dev.
>>
>>58145881

Sort of, the firmware/boot loader is proprietary so you'd have to be compatible with the eccentricities of the environment.

https://github.com/christinaa/rpi-open-firmware
>>
>>58145272
Maybe because people thought that you were a bot because your post was barely comprehensible.

>lol so true I agreees
>click on my malware link
>>
>>58145961
Luigi please stop being so fucking racist so Mario's heart doesn't have to explode.
>>
>>58144553
Running all of your storage and networking off of a single USB port is the problem. Kind of a design flaw with the pi. Reduce your maximum number of connections to like 50 or something in transmission.
>>
>>58144591
What camera module are you planning on using?
>>
File: what year is it.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
what year is it.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>58145272
>clicking some anon's random links
>>
>>58144352
No, animu would be slow too.
>>
>>58146048
Noir
>>
Orange pi > Raspberry Pi
>>
>>58145777
Yap that's basically it...

>>58145961
>>58146176
If you can get malware from a link you shouldn't be using that browser anyway.
>>
Better to just buy an Android TV/Roku or use a Raspberry Pi to run KODI?
>>
>>58146480
No, 720p would be fine. RPZero has a dedicated video decoder.
>>
>>58141015
I want to smuggle a mini PC into a business location and hook it up to the ethernet and power and have it run as a web server hosting a very light imageboard. Basically so I can run a site without any attachment to myself and to be left until it breaks and never retreive it.

What's the best way to go about this?
>>
>>58145272
Why click on your link when I have my own personal one running in my area?
>>
>>58147502
Use wifi, that way you can stash it anywhere and there's no ethernet cable to backtrack.
>>
>>58146037
OK I'll try that.
>>
>>58147502
And how do you intend on making this accessible from the internet without knowing anything about the router?

Moreover, why would you even want to considering web hosting can be had for cheaper than the cost of a pi?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.