[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Automation and the Future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 260
Thread images: 25

Will you have a job in 15 years? Most likely no

http://arstechnica.com/business/2016/12/federal-report-ai-could-threaten-up-to-47-percent-of-jobs-in-two-decades/
>>
>Physicians and surgeons
>0.000%
Feels good man
>>
Why not automate architechts?
Imagine all the procedually generated dungeons we'd get to dwell in.
>>
>computer engineering major
Closest thing on the list is electronic engineer, so ya, I will have a job.
>>
>>58140052
This data is being way too conservative. Civil engineers, pharmacists, teachers, and physicians are all more than likely going to be automated within 10-15 years.
>>
>>58140471
What about "Computer Hardware Engine" like 10 spots above EE?
>>
>webdev
>lower probability

this is simply not true
>>
>>58140490
20*
>>
>>58140052
>sys and network admin
>infosec
Its going to be lulzy when they fully automate those
>>
>>58140052
Also, how the fuck are taxi drivers not the highest on the list? This whole list feels like it was written by Forbes.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 601x508px
>>58140480
>tfw big pharmacist
>people finally realizing I'm just a glorified drug dictionary
>>
>sysadmin

who else /<0.1/ master race?
>>
>>58140519
Well, you have to mix some things, right? But even that could easily be done by both a simple AI and a machine that physically mixes the drugs.
>>
>>58140052
Why is programming that high?
>>
>>58140530
Well that's only for compounding pharmacies, I just count pills and tell people not to get drunk on their opiates
>>
>>58140531
Note that "Computer Programmer" and "Software Developer" are separated by a good amount of space. The whole report feels like it's trying to appease "skeptical moderates", rather than being honest.

>>58140550
Did you have to study for that then? Sounds neat.
>>
Good news. Keep on the good work.
>>
>Models

whaaa.

This graph is shit.
>>
>>58140530
There's also a lot of human-checks that could easily be automated but legally will not be
If a machine does it all and somehow gives one extra pill to someone I'm sure the entire robot system would have to be scrapped, with people you can just fire them and blame it on a bad employee
>>58140571
Yee, I always thought it was a lot of work for a job where you just have to accurately repeat information to people
>>
How fucked are translators?
>>
>>58140652
Fucked beyond belief. There's a few semi-functional devices that already exist that translate things in real time. Sure, they're not gonna be perfect, and for legal situations, translators might be useful, but not for long.
>>
>almost every job gets automated
>almost no one can get a job
>almost no one can afford anything
>economy crashes

Sounds like fun
>>
>>58140052

> tfw i'm industrial engineer plus math guy

feels good
>>
>>58140614
yes, you can create models on a computer that look like real people
>>
>work in construction as a tradesman
>will never be replaced by robots
Haha get fucked white collar jobbies.
>>
>>58140480
And how do you automate teaching, it's different every single day lol
>>
>>58140727
this. i find it amusing the thought of rich people trying to sell shit to people with no jobs
>>
>>58140727
Gonna need citizen dividends for sure
>>
>>58141146
>thinks construction jobs of any kind can't be automated
Wew lad
>>
>Computers will program and repair themselves but they won't be able to drill teeth, cut people open, or tell people to eat less shit

0/10
>>
>>58140438
Clinic physicians are more likely to be automated than a whole host of other positions. The value factor is high, and companies are already trying it. Its something with a lot of push behind it because it facilitates bringing medical care to lesser developed parts of the world. People sit in front of a computer that can check their vitals, and perform a series of other rudimentary tests.

Give it a decade and all the people going to urgent care with a cough and sniffle will be talking to the Dr.Bot instead of wasting a real human's time.
>>
why the fuck are people becoming super delusional about AI again? Is it because that google bot beat someone at Go?
>>
>>58140052
>bartenders

Yeah nah, you want a human contact with a human hand.
>>
>>58143082
Its popsci, so the plebs get riled up about it.
>>
>have master's in psychology
Excellent fallback.
>>
>>58142967
Online education, presumably. It's inferior in every way except cost, but since education budgets have been gutted over and over again it will become more and more prevalent.
>>
>Programming of any kind being on that list

I don't get it, and I'm pretty big on metaprogramming

Someone explain
>>
>Security Guards
People will outright rebel against this, mark my words

>Judges
This is weird as fuck as well, can't see it ever happening

>Actors
haha what the fuck
are you for real?
>>
>Programmers (the 50% type)
Do those jobs even exist today? I haven't heard of anyone doing nothing but "translate pseudocode/UML/CAMfile/whatever to code" in at least one decade.
>>
>>58140052
>actors
what the fuck
>>
File: 1473907616062.jpg (120KB, 1091x815px) Image search: [Google]
1473907616062.jpg
120KB, 1091x815px
>>58140052
>source: my ass
>reasoning: i don't need one
cool graph
>>
>>58143607
>>58143690
Software Developers and Web developers are listed below it. Might be some sort of code monkey job.
>>
>>58143063
this
also this
and this
>>
This wont happen because the whole economy will collapse. Who the fuck will end up working? 10% of the population?
>>
>>58143822
>work depends on economy
>people will let themselves starve, have leaks in their roofs, drink filthy water and shit in the street like pajeets because the economy collapsed
we're not africa m8, we worked way before "globalized economy" meant anything
>>
File: Job destroyer.jpg (49KB, 336x355px) Image search: [Google]
Job destroyer.jpg
49KB, 336x355px
>>58143082

This has jack shit to do with A.I
This is all about tech finally becoming advanced and most importantly, cheap enough for companies to kick out at least half of their workers.
And it's going to happen, this isn't some hypothetical super AI scare bullshit, but machines simpoly performing manual tasks reliably enough and algorithms replacing office drones.
>>
>>58140052
Yes, because i'm the fucker who has to fix these pieces of shit that were made by sweatshop workers in a third world country on the lowest bid.

That is to say - all the time.
>>
>>58143724
This
No citations made, might as well go to a fortune teller for less bullshit
>>
I don't see stone worker/mason on here so I guess I'm relatively safe.
>>
>>58145513
I don't see stoned worker on there either so I guess I'm safe.
>>
>>58140495
Depends. If graphic designers are in low tier than front end devs/designers will be too. Right?
>>
File: 1482375542931.jpg (40KB, 506x464px) Image search: [Google]
1482375542931.jpg
40KB, 506x464px
>>58140052
>lawyers low

Bullshit there's already computer programs that get people out of like 95% of there speeding tickets.

>Punch in the evidence and scenario
>computer says probability of X commiting crime: "needs more data"
>plz enter defendants skin color
>brown? Is this correct? Y/N
>you've entered Y is this correct? Y/N
>you've entered Y
>"plz pick up your copy of nation of Islam on your way to the slammer. Have a nice day."
>>
>>58140052
How would one automate sign spinning?
>>
>>58142991
I suppose shit could be made just for rich people, but good luck keeping the riots at bay.
>>
>electricians
>Almost 20%
Kek, not going to happen.
>>
This is just the latest fear mongering movement, maybe to push government dependency? Most of this shit isn't going away.
>>
>>58140052
>plumber likely
>dentist unlikely
i have serious doubts about this chart

anyway my job won't become fully automated but it's going to take a lot less people with more computer aide
>>
>tfw the fortune 500 company I work for are such fucking jews that even if labor out cheaper in the end they would avoid the high initial cost of modernizing the plant

Thank god. My job can easily be automated with the right equipment, but it would take millions of dollars of equipment.
>>
>programming 50%

what kind of programming is that
>>
>>58140052
The future is lower caste serfdom for the majority of society. You be given less and allowed to consume less. Existence will be allowed and afforded for, but fuck if it won't be pointless.

You're all fortunate enough to see this coming, so you have a chance to at least try to become rich before the point of no return.
>>
>>58146311
That wouldn't last. The rulers/oligarchs would live equally pointless existences, get bored, and start shit
>>
>>58146285
All programming in the future will html tier
>>
not only are the mostly wrong about what things are going to be cut, but they're two years late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
>>
>>58146311

Evolution is the only way forward, some activities are too perfected to warrant anything less than efficiency, removing the human component will just maintain the illusion of an income that can be replaced by a machine and any activity that can be automated should be automated, in fact dealing with less humans will make society much more functional and humane at the same time because automatable jobs aren't worth being human for. Think of it as progress, back when Henry Ford revolutionized the industry with the conveyor belt this led to so many problems in society, existence will be much more meaningful because humanity won't be reduced to pointless consumerism with a dissociation of alienated labor.
>>
hilarious, I just started a business automating a few of the top entries to do with money.

we won't need cashiers at all because once boomers die out, nobody will carry cash anymore.
>>
>>58140052
>Software developers
sure it could be done but it wouldn't be anywhere near better than our current programmers, so I'm good
>>
I want to know how dentist would even be attempted to be automated.
>>
>>58146430

I'm thinking of it as LASIK/PRK

- data is gathered for a full profile
- analyzed
- entered
- laser guided machine corrects your vision to 20/20
>>
>>58140052
All these doom and gloom scenarios are made by people who really don't understand tech.

This isn't happening with nearly the speed everyone expects.
>>
>>58146446

You don't understand tech probably, skeptics have always promoted obscurantism refraining progress in the history of society through selfish dishonesty by maintaining the status quo or a comfortable reality, when tools have a function in making the world a better place because this is the expected leap forward in the new industrial revolution. The error is the belief that humans are actually tools in themselves. The whole point of technology is change and breaking that routine that workers get acclimated to.
>>
>>58140052
>bartender
aw fuck
>>
>>58146497
Word salad: the post
>>
>>58146497
I'm a systems analyst my friend, my entire job is automating things that weren't previously automated.
>>
>>58146497
>>58146527
is there a name for the experience in which we will soon be hitting the year range which most futuristic films and cartoons were set, but nothing even close happened? I recall 2010 - 2030 being used as the set year for the majority of it and most of this is not going to happen
>>
>>58146546

films are just entertainment and mind control vehicles to push an agenda, you get millions of people laughing on their own watching youtube when it's the replication of a real emotion therefore the actual stories within a set year just correlate to the brain in the vat problem

>>58146527

good for you then, you deal with rational structures and it's a different applied in applied worlds that often behave irrationally. This gap is interesting because what humans perceive as bugs and illogicality originating from machines sometimes reveal how illogical humans are, therefore the bugs are sometimes the correct way and humans have been doing things incorrectly all of this time.
>>
>>58146546
Everything has always been predicted to be more advanced than it is.

I'd say about 5% of predictions come out on time or early, and it always is something boring like cell phone.
>>
>>58140052
This is an interesting question to consider for my field, which is UX or UXD (User Experience Design/User Interaction)

All these technologies are going to need interfaces. Those interfaces need to be usable. One interface doesn't work for all because its usually pretty specific to what goal it has.

Surveys you could certainly automate. You could code the program to use a given list of pre-written questions, given what types of questions about an interface you want answered.

The questions wouldn't be that detailed so the data wouldnt be that detailed. A lot of our big changes come from interview and when we observe users and ask them to complete specific tasks.

Again I suppose you could automate these kinds of things.

Interviews are a long ways a way from being automated. There's a lot of psychology that goes into being a good interviewer, and look how far psychology is down on that list.

But I could think of some ways we could automate user observation studies.
>>
>>58143063
Robots could do it but no one would trust their teeth, life or education to a robot. They don't care if a robot or a person boxed their amazon delivery or worked out their paychecks every month though
>>
I'm in college now, planning to work in network security. How could automation affect this field other than the fact that it is programming related?
>>
>>58146659

We've seen this year in the number of various attacks both national and corporate that security is foundational considering the internet of shit and how machines are easily exploitable.

You could see it as book-keeping being automated yet auditing the book-keepers will always be necessary.
>>
How programming can be computerised?
>>
Sous chef in a high end restaurant. My job isn't going anywhere.
>>
File: Our future.jpg (40KB, 648x640px) Image search: [Google]
Our future.jpg
40KB, 648x640px
>>58146311

This will happen.
But there's really no other way, it's an inevitable future, unless there's a massive war that fucks over the whole planet and sends us back few decades.
Universal basic income will happen, automation will happen, most people will get kicked out of their jobs and they can't reeducate themselves out from that hole.
What causes the most problems is, that most people out there have absolutely nothing else going for themselves outside their jobs.
Remove the job and you only have masses who have nothing to do, but consuming tons of entertainment and eating.
Kinda like now, but people will grow even more stupid and fatter.
It's going to be a fucking Wall-e tier future, bread and circuses to keep the masses happy.
>>
File: Wall-E-2-fat-humans.jpg (271KB, 1435x597px) Image search: [Google]
Wall-E-2-fat-humans.jpg
271KB, 1435x597px
>>58147262
>>
>biomolecular engineer

How fucked am I?
>>
>>58140052
>computer programmers having a bigger chance to be computerized than web developers
What kind of poo in loo made this chart?
>>
>>58140052
I work in a place where we serve dumbass people.

Literally 0% chance that they will get extinct in 15 years.
>>
Jokes on them i already don't have a job
>>
>>58143070
As of right now, computers cannot read a ECG correctly. I am skeptical that automation will affect physicians for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>58140508
Can't wait! Those bastards should disappear.
>>
>>58140052
>telecommunication equipment installers
should be way up
>>
>>58140052
nice random number generator i like it
>>
>>58140052
>Graphic designers
Nice
>>
>>58140052
>Models
>95%

what

anyway, I'm a chemist/pharmacist so I should be safe.
>>
File: 1482524784064.jpg (5KB, 600x36px) Image search: [Google]
1482524784064.jpg
5KB, 600x36px
>>58140052
dodged a bullet there whew
>>
>>58143070
>People sit in front of a computer that can check their vitals, and perform a series of other rudimentary tests.
And this is how I can say in very confident manner that you are absolutely clueless about the topic.

It's not "sitting in front of a computer".
>>
makes sense to automate the IT sector, no one wants to see sperglords anywhere besides their mom's basements
>>
>>58149922
anime
>>
>>58149922
>chemist/pharmacist

So you're really good at decyphering bad handwriting.
Once doctors switch to typed out prescriptions what prevents you from being replaced by a touchscreen oder even barcode scanner?
>>
>>58140052
>Watch repairers
Seems kind of odd.

>Models #4 on the list
Did they mean like 3D model (building) designers, or like human models? This one confuses the fuck out of me. I want to know the logic behind whoever came up with this.

>Security guards
No way. Too easy to hack or get around.

>Actors
Again, what the fuck? How the hell is this higher than financial managers and database admins?

If this kind of stuff is true, then what are the majority of humans supposed to do? I could see tech/AI giants becoming super rich and the lower peasant classes eventually revolting. Maybe nuclear warfare and World War III. I honestly would welcome such a change.
>>
File: con.jpg (51KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
con.jpg
51KB, 620x349px
>>58146404
but it will never quite turn out like that..
>>
>>58150997

Of course it's true, just a matter of time when it becomes reality.
I bet that a lot of this is going to happen during the next 15 years.
Or at least to an extent that our societies are going to really feel it.
But people won't revolt.
They'll be given universal basic income, which is at the very moment being tested all across the planet and this is going to keep people comfortable enough.
It's not going to be much, but it's going to be enough for people not wanting to risk that comfy state of living.

>then what are the majority of humans supposed to do?
Majority of humans are absolutely useless and without a creative thought in their head.
They can just exist.
Pretty much like they do now, but without a mandatory place to spend ~8 hours of their daily time.
People will consume what they can with their minimal income, watch mind numbing entertainment and then eventually die off.
I believe that the birthrates are going to tank like a motherfucker after some time, mostly because there won't be enough money to have kids.
Becoming a content creator would probably be a pretty safe bet regarding the future.
As long as you can create, you're good.
>>
>>58147289
so this is Best Korea's hopeful endgame
>>
Eh I'll prob be dead in 15 years anyway
>>
If your job is highly specialized AND easily automated, you might be screwed.

If you are too lazy to be constantly broadening your skill set, you might be screwing yourself.

Not my problem.
>>
File: vlcsnap-00026.png (879KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00026.png
879KB, 1280x720px
>>58151268

>Medical tech improves leaps and bounds and your life is extended to 200 years minimum, maybe even immortality at some point.
>Mandatory agressive government program of eliminating all diseases by genetic manipulation.
>You'll never escape this life, other than by committing a sudoku.
You're here forever anon.
>>
Lawyer, feels gut mang.
>>
>>58140052
>my job isn't even up there
feels good man
>>
>>58143070
I'm a surgeon anyway, so it still shouldn't affect me
>>
>>58151381
Nothing escapes entropy.
>>
>Network and Computers SysAdmin
FeelsGoodMan.jpg
>>
>>58140052
The obvious solution, my friend, is to stop AI.
>>
>>58147566
Can you link any studies? It's really difficult to believe that a bot is still meaningfully worse than a human at recognizing patterns in a line graph.
>>
>>58153358
"People with college degrees, even professional degrees, people like lawyers are doing things that ultimately are predictable. A lot of those jobs are going to be susceptible over time."

https://www.wired.com/brandlab/2015/04/rise-machines-future-lots-robots-jobs-humans/
>>
>>58140455
Underrated post
>>
>>58140052
>elementary school teachers less at risk than engineers
ENGIES BTFO
>>
>>58140727
>solves overpopulation
genius
>>
>>58156383
>graphic designers less at risk than electrical engineers
LOL
>>
>>58140455
I for one welcome our new robot dungeonmasters.
>>
>>58140438
Same here. Glad I made the right choice years ago.
>>
>>58140052

>watch repairers
>models
>real estate agents
>drafters
>programmers
>judges
>actors

What the fuck?
>>
File: stannis22.jpg (42KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
stannis22.jpg
42KB, 184x184px
>>58140052
Nah I'm good. Media producer and database manager for a major travel company. Already on a skeleton crew that that manages millions of media files and submissions, so I've already survived the automation wipe.

>tfw you're the one killing jobs by investing heavily into automation or cheaply paid crowdsourced labor
>>
>>58143607
MUSE by DARPA

http://www.darpa.mil/program/mining-and-understanding-software-enclaves
>>
>>58140052
where does embedded software development (like microcontrollers and stuff) fall in that list?
>>
>>58143724
>>58144461
>hurr durr im too retarted to look in the OP
https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/documents/Artificial-Intelligence-Automation-Economy.PDF
>>
>>58145654
With a motor that spins a sign, of course.
>>
>>58150830
>oder
alter was machst du denn da?
>>
>>58157027
oh I've heard about this

it's just some vision/experiment right now
also they're only using open source freetard software, meaning most enterprise solutions, which means a lot of patterns you don't see in open source shit, will be outright excluded
>>
>>58140052
>Photographer
HAHA FUCK YOU
- Electronics engineers
- Lawyers
- Mathematicians
- Graphic Designers (fuck you a lot)
- Judges
- all the others behind
>>
where is the graph pic from, OP?
>>
>>58140438

hm i was expecting it to be a higher probability especially with surgeons, maybe in 100+ years surgery will be done by machines
>>
>>58141064

also actors
>>
>>58140052
>(((dentists)))
>>
How the fuck is Firefighter not 0? Is a robot truck going to be invented in the next 15 years, and Androids will be there to save people? This list is bull shit.
>>
btw this is from OP's graph

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/business/129448-this-chart-shows-if-your-job-will-be-done-by-a-computer-in-the-future.html
>>
>>58146659
More and more companies are moving to the cloud, which solves a lot of the common security issues (and may also be introducing a few...). In the past, it would have been a few humans doing the basic network security, firewalls, etc, but a lot of that can be done in a few clicks if not by default. There's always going to be more challenges that aren't solved by software, so try to identify what those are.
>>
>>58158002

good point, but again this is just a probability. Theoretically.
>>
>judges
LOL
>security guards
LOL
>models
???? LOL
>real estate sales agents
LOL
>firefighters
LOL

the list is far too long to point out every stupid claim on it
some will obviously be automated like cashiers and fast food, but thinking you're going to computerize judges? models?
>>
>>58158068

ya half of list is bullshit but it's still interesting nonetheless
>>
File: cramer.jpg (39KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
cramer.jpg
39KB, 600x400px
>>58150202

LIQUIDATE ALL HOLDINGS IN FEDORAS & ANIME NOW !
>>
> Parmacists: 2%

Seriously? Putting pills in a bottle and giving patients instructions can't be automated?

> Dentists: 1%

Who doesn't want to have a robot dentist? What's not to love about 4 different robot arms with sharp, rotating tools on their ends reaching for your mouth?

> Plumbers: 35%
> Electricians: 15%

Why the difference? One is mucking around with wiring behind the walls and the other is mucking around with piping behind the walls.
>>
>>58158068
>>models
>???? LOL

I think the idea is that the models will all be CG in the ads.

I think they're going to start climbing out of uncanny valley within the next 5 years. They have finally started paying attention to the fact that skin takes a huge amount of work to get looking right, and I've seen some skin demos in the past year that look really promising. And if it's still photography, then that's even easier.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>58146507
>>
>>58140052
Ha, no.
The professional disciplines are fucked as well.
Every job is going to be destroyed to some extent in the next 10 years.

https://futurism.com/artificially-intelligent-lawyer-ross-hired-first-official-law-firm/

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27426942
>>
File: 1373339649592.jpg (197KB, 396x600px) Image search: [Google]
1373339649592.jpg
197KB, 396x600px
>>58140052

>plumbers
>firefighters
>maids and housekeepers
>models
>actors
>software developers
>computer programmers
>database admin

that list is fucking retarded
>>
>electronic engineer
Guess I'm safe.
>>
>>58140052
most of those will just be computer assisted,
but full automation is very unlikely.

lots will still lose their jobs though,
1 person doing the work of dozens (still getting paid the same, while all that extra money goes to the CEO)
>>
>>58140052
Realtors should really be taking a hit. Kind of surprised that realtors can still get away with getting 6% for listings.

I know that insurance agents & loan officers have taken a huge hit in recent years with online services.
>>
>>58140727
they will just make robots that can buy stuff.
>>
>>58140052

how the fuck are they going to automate plumbing?
>>
>>58146404
Nah, people will get bored and even get unhappier when more time becomes available, look at all the depression, burn-outs, panic disorders and other shit people get in western society nowadays while objectively living in the best period in human history.
>>
>>58140052
That graph is so wrong. Lawyers are fucked along with many others low on your list.
>>
>>58151381
The killing myself was the plan anyway. If there's no jobs and my choice is abject poverty or death it'll be even easier
>>
>>58150830
I actually work in a lab synthesizing stuff that's not yet illegal.
>>
>>58140527
>Mechanical Engineering
Get on my level
>>
i don't have a job now
>>
File: PeopleSkills.jpg (58KB, 639x421px) Image search: [Google]
PeopleSkills.jpg
58KB, 639x421px
>>58140052

>Occupational Therapist
>Probability of automation ~0.005
>Probability of clients ~0.000

Kinda funny. Same thing with the managerial positions. Who are they going to manage? Also, IIRC, it was forecast a few years ago that middle management would be one of the hardest-hit white-collar job categories, since in reality most of what they do is collect data, repackage it, and present it (i.e. "I take the specifications from the customers and I bring them down to the engineers").
>>
>>58140052
Looks like Automation on that list is very similar to pajeets and chinks.
>>
>>58151381
>>You'll never escape this life, other than by committing a sudoku.

You should read A Brave New World.

I didn't understand it when I read it in high school. I thought the "reservations" were literally Indian reservations. In fact, they were places where people went who wanted to disregard the modern, "Utopian" society.

It's an excellent book and very relevant to the present and soon-to-be world.
>>
>>58140052

We are a long way from developing an AI that is depicted in most Sci-Fi flicks.

We are already near the physical limits of digital computing. It is going to get a massive paradigm shift for "AI" to exist.
>>
>>58140571
> "Computer Programmer" and "Software Developer" are separated by a good amount of space.
I can't wrap my head around this
>>
File: Runawayposter.jpg (38KB, 300x423px) Image search: [Google]
Runawayposter.jpg
38KB, 300x423px
>>58160608
>We are a long way from developing an AI that is depicted in most Sci-Fi flicks.

Check out Runaway from, I think, 1984. Magnum PI is a robot enforcement cop who takes out robots that go rogue. Pretty hilarious, but also interesting from the standpoint of how they envisioned AI coming about, and how close they thought it was.

In other words, yeah, people worry *way* too much about being replaced by computers. Hell, the only reason robots replaced factory workers is because we exported all the fast-changing and low-end manufacturing that requires humans.
>>
>>58157098
It's an animu poster, why even respond to such bait?
>>
>>58140052
>Lawyer
>This low

hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>58160721
not even robots want to be lawyers
>>
If your job involves working with information and you're on a computer, or you mostly talk on the phone and don't see any of your clients face to face, there's a very high chance a robot will take your job.

Also why aren't journalists on that list? They'll be ones of the first to go.

Also anything creative will be done by computers, it's not that hard for software to churn out endless variations of books, comic books, porn, movies, games once they're smart enough to estimate quality of the finished product.

Also, good fucking luck automating a maid.

That list is bullshit.
>>
>>58140052
>computer programmers

KEK
>>
File: 1476506975793.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1476506975793.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>58140052
>waiters and waitresses
>motherfucking models
>fucking bartenders? really?
>that high
Into the trash it goes

Full automation wont hit anyone
Humans are always faceted into every sector for a reason.
>>
>>58140052
>electricians more likely than pharmacists
Kek
>>
>>58140678
Until a computer can actually interpret language, there's literally zero chance translators can be automated
>>
The singularity can't come soon enough
>>
>>58161221
www.google.com/translate
>>
>>58161412
Match words across two dictionaries =! interpret

If you spoke more than one language you'd understand
>>
>>58140438
See that's how I know this is bullshit. I already see billboards advertising robotic surgeries, it's only a matter of time before they replace the guy controlling it. Then they have telemarketers at the top, but who would let a robot talk them into buying shit they don't need? That should be one of the least likely jobs, especially since outsourcing is cheap and easy.
>>
>>58140052
>job not listed
>automating it myself anyway

Suckers!
>>
Electricians have a pretty high Chance. How the fuck want they replace us.
>>
>>58140514
Taxi drivers, truck drives, tractor drivers and related vehicles and activities will be fully automated in 15 years tops.

Screencap this.
>>
You know, artificial intelligence is really scary. In a few hundrer years we're going to fight a cataclysmic war against machines to liberate us from slavery. It's what happened in dune and the future space empire outright banned machines and ai and regressed to more manual labour and brainpower. It sounds really plausible you know, so why we're so obsessed about taking work from people and giving it to machines just to save a few shortterm bucks I dont understand. It seems like a case of being occupied with thinking whether they could when they should stop to think if they should.
>>
>>58146656
i got my eyes cut in half by a robot. The doctor analyzed me with another robot, and put the data from robot 1 to robot 2.

So no. People will trust machine more then medics.
>>
>>58140052
FUCK YEAH MBA RULES
>>
Breaking news on topic:

https://news.slashdot.org/story/16/12/23/2355220/worlds-largest-hedge-fund-to-replace-managers-with-artificial-intelligence

>The world's largest hedge fund is building a piece of software to automate the day-to-day management of the firm, including hiring, firing and other strategic decision-making.
>>
File: 1474225715209.png (212KB, 367x506px) Image search: [Google]
1474225715209.png
212KB, 367x506px
>>58140052
>Watch Repairers
/wt/ Watch Thread on suicide watch (*pun*)
>>
File: mba.png (24KB, 1125x237px) Image search: [Google]
mba.png
24KB, 1125x237px
>>
>>58160688

Pretty much, robots only replaced those "dangerous" manual jobs where the cost/benefits made fiscal sense.
>>
>>58163199

Nah, the whole "self-driving" vehicles will only appear on shuttle fleets on "designated roadways".

Freighting will be somewhat impacted but high-risk and hazardous material runs will still be done by people.

Driving is a lot more chaotic then flying. The airplane industry still uses the human element for "emergencies".
>>
>>58163644
>high-risk and hazardous material runs
The Google car already has a lower accident rate than humans. Zero of which it caused itself
>>
>watchmakers btfo

nice meme. true "art" will never be automated.
>>
>>58163690
It's feasible to build a machine that prints out mechanical watches, and algorithms that automate most of the mechanical design.
However it's more reasonable to just buy a Casio F-91W.
>>
>>58147566
>2016
>computer worse at reading graphs

no
>>
>>58147566
>computers are bad at finding certain patterns

Uber bullshit
>>
>>58140052
>Web Devs less likely to be replaced than Computer Programmers

Where are they getting their info
>>
>>58163674

Actually, they have caused a few accidents on their own. The cause? Faulty data and sensor readings.

There aren't that many self-driving vehicles on the road so their stats look good for now. Just scale the numbers and it doesn't look as rosy.

I'm not going into how self-driving vehicles are going to be moving honeypots.

It is a lot easier for an "AI" to fly then it is to drive.
>>
>>58163779
>There aren't that many self-driving vehicles on the road so their stats look good for now. Just scale the numbers and it doesn't look as rosy.
Self-driving vehicles make orders of magnitude fewer accidents per number of hours on the road. Even if you scale that up to the size of the earth, it would be a drastic reduction in the number of fatal road accidents
>>
>>58163792
>letting the botnet ride your car

Kys
>>
>>58163850
Nice strawman
>>
>>58158694
>I know that insurance agents & loan officers have taken a huge hit in recent years with online services.
Well they fucking should.
"HELLO, LET ME SELL YOU THIS THING AND GET 6% OF A FUCKTON OF MONEY JUST BECAUSE I'VE READ SOME CRAP OFF OF A PAMPHLET FOR YOU, AND BTW I'VE READ 'HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE' SO I'M SMART AS FUCK"
>>
>>58161412
The results of Google Translate, behold:
>What do you say to me fucking,? child? I will let you know that I graduated from the Navy SEAL team in my class and I was involved in many secret attacks against Al Qaeda and I have more than 300 confirmed deaths. I was trained in the gorilla war, and I was the best sniper among all the armed forces in the United States. You have nothing to me but only one goal. I will erase the exact, never seen on the earth like, tag my death words. Do you think you can go out with the trash on the internet? Think again, your son of the ch. When we spoke, I was exposed to my secret spy network in the US and IP addresses are now being monitored, so you can better prepare for the storm bug. The storm cleared away the cute little things that we call life. You're dead, my dear. They can be anywhere, anytime, and they can kill you in more than seven hundred ways, but that's just their hands. I am not only trained in unarmed combat, or I can visit the entire arsenal of the US Marine Corps and I will use it with all the potential to wipe your pussy from the continent's wretched ass face. If only you can know what revenge your little, "smart" words will prevent you from falling on you, and perhaps keeping your curse language. No, no, now you pay the price, you fucking idiot. I will give you anger, drown in it. You're fucking dead, kid.
>>
>>58163674
>The Google car already has a lower accident rate than humans. Zero of which it caused itself

Google's self-driving car and similar driving cars are bullshit. They're there to increase stock prices, and nothing else.

The cars drive down wide roads of California on sunny days. Try driving on a snow covered road in Sweden, or a rainy narrow country road in England, or a dirt road in Hungary, or parking your car in the woods for a picnic.

Sorry, but your car will probably be able to go into semi-automatic mode for at least a century to come.
>>
>>58147505
Top jej
>>
File: 1451576899229.gif (70KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1451576899229.gif
70KB, 500x446px
>>58147505
>>
>>58163420
Lyl
>>
>>58163944
> for at least a century to come.
what?

Yeah, self driving cars are not as advanced as some believe, but they'll be ready to drive by at least 2030 .. the amount of progress that was done just in the last 5 years is insane.
>>
>>58164229
They'll be ready for the pristine, wide, clearly marked US roads in affluent rich areas.
>>
>>58150830
>>58149922

This is happening at my work right now. Doctor gives the order via website portal, a robot arm machine dispenses the medication and delivers it to the ward. Pharmacists are rarely involve with the patient except for giving you guilty looks when you ask for Codeine or pseudoephedrine.
>>
>Mechanical engineer
Feels good man
>>
>>58163644
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud8JF-2vb58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-96BEoXJMs0
yeah sure
>>
Why pilots are not there? Spy planes were replaced by satellites, bombers replaced by drones.

I guess two people flight crews are gonna end up with only one monkey in the front.

>>58143091
Nah
>>
>>58140052
This is all overblown, anyway people like OP can't help but mention basic income and the charms of Marxism in the same breath as automation, so they can be safely ignored as kikes trying to foist off communism n the goyim.
>>
>computer programmers and software developers being replaced by computers

Who's going to write the software and develop the automation applications then? Stupid list is stupid.
>>
>>58140052
>automate programmers
who will write the programs that automate things after that?

Check mate atheists
>>
>>58143709
>>58143636
Actors seems generous as they'd have to create AI that could pass the turing test in order for humans to continue to watch it.
>>
>>58140480
Not teachers. In fact I think education will become more and more human-centric with a lot of focus on emotions, empathy and feelings. Basically making humans the most "human like" we can in contrast with the more robot dominated society (with most jobs done by robots we humans have to learn how to do stuff that differentiate us from them).

I do think that doctors will be replaced by robots, they are just better at keeping track on how every medication you've taken can affect your health. I think doctors are very delusional because they've always thought of themselves at being on top because they've got power over people's lives. I'd trust my health with a robot anyday over a human that may miss diagnose me just because he had a bad sleep.
>>
Psychology is really low on the list but I guess the study only consider the clinical psychology aspect where you sit in a couch to talk to someone, but I'd say a really sizeable amount of psychologist are not actually clinical psychologist.

FirstJob replaced 70% of their selection process with machines, that's this year, that's also hundreds of physiologist put out of job.

This chart is not accurate at all.
>>
>>58140480
This
If I was a company that had a pharmacy part of my business (Walmart, Target, CVS, etc). I would want to put robots in that job so I could potentially save 100k per head.

Gonna be laughing when all my high school and college peers who went into pharmacy will be homeless crystal meth dealers.
>>
>>58140727
>Not realizing that we are heading towards the Elysium future.

Nigga enjoy being a penniless serf choking on shit air outside the megarich super factories. That's if they even implement a UBI. My money is on them opting to put everyone on welfare just to position themselves in the future to have a reason to eliminate all the free loaders. This is the 500 million human population cap were the illuminati/Jews dominate the future.
>>
>>58143636
Think of video games, how far the graphics are advancing, in some years you won't be able to tell between real people and video game characters. It's not far fetched to think that actors will no longer be a thing, the only plus they have is that they generate entertainment beyond their acting but that's being replaced by celebrities like the Kardashians.
>>
>>58164578
>>58166468
How do you think processors are designed these days? Through trial and error. That's exactly how those automation writing programs will function.
>>
Also for everyone doubting how models could ever be on that list. Do you remember the holographic Tupac and Michael Jackson concerts a while ago? Just look at Rogue One for a recent example. Digitally rendered faces of dead people or computer amalgamated ones will be common place in the future. For example just imagine how much money record companies would get if they put the Beatles, Elvis or MJ on tour.

Pure profit. All of this will happen at some point. So the question is where do you want to be: in the gutter with all the lazy, fat gibsmedats or in your expensive clean mansion banging your favorite waifubot?
>>
>>58140490
ohh shit. didn't see that. Well fuck this list.
>>
>>58166641
>I do think that doctors will be replaced by robots

Good. A large part of doctors are bad. So many people who've suffered for years until finally someone got the right diagnosis or who died waiting for it.

I mean props to all the qualified open heart surgeons that we'll still need, but 90% of the general practictioners that take a 10 second look at you then proceed to prescribe the drug they've been paid by the lobbyists to sell that month? Good riddance.
>>
>>58167668

I actually talked about this with a nurse.
The non specialized doctors are completely fucked.
Future is going to be a nurse + machine that analyzes the samples on the spot and gives you the verdict, then you get the drugs and you're off.
Of course that's not flat out automation, but more along the lines of radically reducing the work hours with the help of analyst machines and kicking out the "middle range" workers, who do the same jobs but get more money than their less educated counterparts.
>>
>>58140052
>Compter repairers
>High
I dont think so.
>>
>pilot is much lower than taxi driver
Bullshit, had a friend of mine become a pilot and they actually said their job is literally to takeoff and to land. That's it.
Takeoff is basically just push the throttle and pull up.
Landing is just follow the ILS glidescope, and then land, and there's already a lot of plane able to automate the approach, we just need to automate the touchdown bit.
>>
>>58140052
Electronic Engieers.

fuack no neet-life for me :(
>>
>>58160721
Hard to make a jewish blood sucker robot.
>>
>>58168576
underrated kek
>>
>computer programmers: 50%
whoever made this chart has no idea what they're doing.
>>
File: fec.jpg (22KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
fec.jpg
22KB, 600x400px
>tfw going to college to study software engineering to work in artificial intelligence making art
>>
File: 1482553377302.png (55KB, 1124x685px) Image search: [Google]
1482553377302.png
55KB, 1124x685px
jokes on you, I don't have a job now
>>
>>58168959
>le computers will program themselves maymay
Low quality techbabble journalism.
>>
Cant wait till we have fully automated shitposting.
>>
>>58142991
We'll be enslaved in concentration camps by then goy.
>>
>>58142991
It's mostly gonna be rich people trading among themselves in that case; that's already pretty much how Wall Street works.
>>
>>58146116

There are never enough rich people.

Compare the money made by the luxury car companies like ferrari or whoever to the ones selling to the average scmuck.

Sell something okay for an okay price to millions will always get you more money than selling something incredibly for an incredible price to thousands.
>>
>>58169075
99% of humans are unfit for the job of programming advanced AI or working in robotics engineering. "Oh we'll just all learn to program and the jobs will magically move to IT and everybody will magically retrain themselves with no issue!"

No. The jobs aren't changing, they're just going away. And we already have at least a 3 to 1 labor surplus here... mostly unskilled workers who will never be smart or skilled enough, or have enough money to go to(or back to) school working unskilled jobs. And no, learning on your own doesn't get you even considered- not when you're competing against Indians with their masters and a tenth of your cost of living.
>>
The horseless carriage is coming, and we're not the driver, we're the horse.
>>
>>58166725
these days, most psychology is not used in a clinical setting. It's used to sell you shit, to keep you subservient to the oligarchy, to make you give up your identity.
>>
>Couldn't fall for the college meme because autism made passing non-math classes nearly impossible

oh fug

>>58156413
there was never overpopulation in the west

overpopulation fags actually want us to take on more third worlders to even it out across the globe

"guys if we all only took what we needed the US could support an extra gorillion africans!"
>>
>system administrators
That's just silly. It's happening all the time. They'd be all over if it wasn't the case.
>software developer
My job. And thank God a large part of us are going down the drain. Hiring is too difficult. We have tons of new hires that are practically useless. We could take 1 decent programmer and replace a hundred of them. I think they really should move us up a bit here.
>>
>>58170438
While that is an issue, I don't see how will we be able to program a computer to program itself. Sure, neural networks may "learn", but that's pretty much shit and it's supervised by us.
>>
>>58146404
>surely guys it'll be like the good ol days with tradesmen and scholars living happy fulfilling lives with all that industrial crap shoved under the rug
>end result: society stuck in industrial paradigm, if you don't work you're worthless, you are a serf, fuck you, go to your shack
>>
>>58158203
Idea is probably that we'd use wireless light switches and electricians just do mains and the bare essentials.
>>
Well.
On the upside the only solution to this is socialism of some form. You won't find that people lose their jobs and starve.

I'd be concerned with the gender differences though. Women tend towards the top of the chart.

Will concubines finally be something for the everyman?
>>
>>58140052
How will programmers be automate they be programming the automation themselves. If AI became so advanced no one would have jobs.
>>
>>58170638
There's a lot of programming jobs that are being done by people who really just do application design in an uncomfortable format.
You can easily replace them tomorrow if you wanted to.

Not every programmer is replaceable though. It really should be more nuanced. As I imagine for most of those. Even telemarketers.
>>
>>58170607
>switch is wireless
>power is still wired to the bulbs and the lightswitches

Inb4 tesla towers fucking up radio transmissions for everyone
>>
>>58146404
You mean we'll still have consumerism but instead of "mistreated" workers with roofs over their heads and full fridges we'll have "disadvantaged/oppressed" hobos with drug-induced psychosis

>>58146497
Is there a word for people who spout nonsense just to pretend to be smarter than someone else?

>you don't get it man
>the point of tech is like, changing stuff dude

"Stoned"?
>>
>>58140052
>Mathematician 5%
You know what, fuck it.
If I end up unemployed and poor I can just kill myself, not like there is much to hang onto anyway.
>>
>>58140508
dedsec
>>
File: 1477785764053.jpg (133KB, 638x696px) Image search: [Google]
1477785764053.jpg
133KB, 638x696px
>Mfw artfag
As long as people jack off to cartoon porn, I'll be good.
>>
>>58158068
>>real estate sales agents
>LOL

virtual reality is what will kills this. pajeet will be able to give you tours of houses from your bed so you don't even have to get dressed to house shop
>>
>>58163944
I was on board until
>for at least a century to come.

Stop saying shit on the Internet to try convince yourself it's true.
>>
>>58171016
Giving that the world is still driving 30-40yr old cars, what do you think? It's not a cellphone.
>>
>>58170882
we'll have AIs able to create anime girls on demand
>>
>Computer programmers higher than web designers

nigga you can automate web designing already, there will always be a need for computer programmers

>Physicians and surgeons
>0%

This is retarded
>>
>>58158068
Real estate agents is likely, I think most people can agree that we'd prefer if every real estate agent would go and kill themselves
>>
>>58147566
What?
There are already automated defibs everywhere that read ECGs and shock accordingly
>>
File: nishimata-aoi-faces_8348.jpg (105KB, 384x432px) Image search: [Google]
nishimata-aoi-faces_8348.jpg
105KB, 384x432px
>>58171081

Seeing as how simplistic and formulaic so many of the designs are, yeah we probably will.
But they won't be able to create a picture of a forced human to furry transgender transformation lactation BDSM art, featuring your own characters.

Actually I'm sure that many aspects of art are going to get automated, for example inbetweening in animation.
It's already considered extremely grunt tier work and outsourced constantly to the cheapest studios.
So when machines figure out how to tween complex pictures and apply natural looking movement to them, inbetweeners are out of a job.
But the groundwork and keyframes still need to be done by professional storytellers.
That's the part that will remain man made as long as machines can't into creation and that won't happen until we have a legit thinking AI.
>>
>>58157027

>Dr. Sandeep Neema
>>
>>58140438

> Computer systems analyst

Good day sir, time to find an unemployed model
Thread posts: 260
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.