[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laptop 2K17 Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

>>
Hey, wondering if anyone could help me out, here--

* new into software developing (mostly with Java, and I tend to work in Android Studio and IntelliJ)
* don't need much in terms of disk space (externals, cloud, etc.)
* keep experience Linux bugging out on me, whether Mint, Ubuntu, or Whonix, though usually virtualBox
* Prefers Mac because it's actually a Unix machine and above
* Macs are unaffordable and I'm broke
* I'm not a gamer, but I watch HD video
* Fuck, I'll probably just get a cheapass chromebook
>>
Does anyone know a thing about this?
https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop

On the one hand, it seems pretty cool, but, on the other hand, I'm pretty sure I'm uninteresting to the government.
>>
File: 1482420616894.jpg (22KB, 209x395px) Image search: [Google]
1482420616894.jpg
22KB, 209x395px
>Prefers Mac
>>
>>58138241
>Allwinner
>that ugly laptop
>plugging your computing module into unknown hardware
>>
>>58138279
Yuh huh.
You know, if you wanted to not be a completely useless person, you could have commented with something constructive, maybe even a recommendation, instead of posting anything following the pattern that absolutely anyone could see coming, and thinking you're clever for doing so.
>>
>>58137948
Just get an older, maybe used/refurbished MBP or Air
>>
>>58138484
Eh.
I think you're underestimating how broke I am.

Ideally, I'd want 10" super light
16+GB RAM
16-32GB SSD (mostly I'd just go external)
quad-core i7 or AMD equivalent

But, again, totally unafforable

There basically is no such thing
>>
>>58137844
what's your budget?
>>58139101
>>
>>58138452
Nothing needs to be said about Apple. Stop.
>>
>>58139425
Flexible, depending on what I'm getting.

What I want is to code peacefully.
And to watch hdmi smoothly.

I guess I should ask if there's a Linux Distro that isn't shit, so I could save on the OS.
But that's kind of silly, because laptops aren't exactly built by consumers from parts--all factory made. So I'd probably be wiping Windows off, anyway, and, chances are that Windows, irritating as it is, will give me less trouble most of the time.

I dunno, $900?
>>
>>58139559
have you looked into used chromebook pixels?
>>
New XPS 15. Yea or nay?
>>
>>58139751
>dell
>>
>>58139740
>chromebook pixels

Nothing's got the RAM I want.
Still not a bad suggestion, though.
>>
>>58139751
Am currently using a current one (bought last month). Its pretty dank.

8.34/10
>>
>>58139856
you're going to have to look for machines that are expandable up to 16+ GB. and you're not going to find anything under 12" that will have that capability, to my knowledge.

there's nothing that i'm finding with your exact specs. i'd look for something with quad core proc, 13.3" screen, HDD (replace this), and expandable memory support up to 16gb.
>>
Should I get a surface book? I'm not a developer, I just want to look cool without having to buy a macbook
>>
>>58139957
>buggy as shit
>wanting to look (((cool)))
>>
I don't about the best, but I can tell you what's surely not the best:

XPS 13

Still crying to this day that I didn't claim my money back in time.

>>58138316
lowqualitybait.jpg
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.