[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Buy New Phones?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
Why do people buy new phones if you can just flash an old one and update the ROM to the latest android until it's no longer supported? Then you own the phone outright and can find the cheapest plan out there without having to worry if your phone is tied to a plan.

Fucking S3's are $35 on eBay in tip top shape.
>>
>>58137242
S3 is ugly as sin.
>>
>>58137326
It's the same as every fucking phone out there.

>1 mm edge difference from my phone
>oh it's ugly!!!
>>
>download this curry rom from xda to get your phone working as it should
>>
Because newer ones have better performance, NAND/battery is not worn out, and even new budget phones like the J7 are getting 8-bit HEVC hardware decoding support.
>>
>>58137344
Ugly as in its shape, is one of the ugliest phones out there. It's wobbly and plasticky and looks like a soap holder.
>>
>Why do people buy new phones if you can just flash an old one and update the ROM to the latest android
You have clearly never used CyanogenMod 13 or 14 on a i9300.

It works like fucking shit. Constant crashes, bugs up the ass, memory issues, it's a damn mess.
>>
I owned an S3 for 3 years.
Sometimes it would occur that it'd slip from my hand while holding it. I had to replace the glass once and the screen+glass assembly another time. It didn't survive another drop, power button broke and neither I or the chink dude at a repair store could replace it.
Ran hot as fuck (exynos chip).
Would not recommend.
>>
>>58137402
>>58137404
>>58137429

Lol. I've had an S3 for about 2 years now and it works great. You put a case and screen protector and works fine. I've dropped it several times and works fine, though I am careful not to throw it and shit.

>whoa, phone *slips* out of my hand!!!
>*smash*
>whoops! I stomped on it with a steel boot!
>ah, this phone suxxxx

CM 11 to 14works great, never had any issues.

Only issue is power button messed up for a while, almost had to take it off, and still might do so if it fucks up again. But overall, w does the exact same shit as a $1,000 phone.

I had an S1 before this for a couple years, and that eventually did go to shit because it was so damn old, little ram, and ended support at android 4.3 or so (CM 10.1).
>>
>>58137646
>I've had an S3
Certainly not an S3 with an Exynos.
>>
>>58137681
I guess I was lucky and didn't get an exynos CPU on my S3. I purchased my used about 2 years ago, and it seemed pretty new, maybe after those chips weren't used in production.
>>
S5 is better
>>
>not just buying the phone out of contract unlocked

Been doing it since the iPhone 3G
>>
>>58137242
Because phones with 1GB of ram run like shit.
>>
>>58138014
If I was going to buy something with 2GB of ram, I'd buy a tablet, not another phone. I don't need 2GB of ram on my phone.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.