[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /g/ So I saw this ad on my local Craigslist for an Asus RX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: LYN-ASUS-ROG-STRIX-RX-480-02.jpg (408KB, 1200x737px) Image search: [Google]
LYN-ASUS-ROG-STRIX-RX-480-02.jpg
408KB, 1200x737px
Sup /g/
So I saw this ad on my local Craigslist for an Asus RX 480 ROG strix. Used for 2 months, 22 month warranty left (he says) and for 290 euros. 370 euros new might I add. He will be inviting me to his household for me to see the gpu with my own eyes. He says he is a finish guy that came to my country and didn't want a gaming set up after all. What should I look out for a used GPU and should I go for it?
>>
>>58136463
Note: The other rx480 my eye has caught is the Sapphire Nitro+ OC but it's 340 euros brand new and that has put me in a dilemma
>>
>>58136463
Make him stress test it infront of you and check if temps and the fans are normal. Also have a proper look at the warranty information to see if it's actually genuine. If you have no idea what you're doing then don't take the risk and just get the sapphire one.
>>
Ask which store he bought it from and then message the store to verify that the warranty passes to you. You could also ask if the store refuses warranty claims if you don't have all boxes and accessories with you.

Also as >>58137054 said tell him to run some consistent benchmark and check that fps & temps are close to numbers in reviews when using same settings. Slight differences are possible due to OS, room temperature, airflow, driver updates etc. but the numbers should still be in the same ballpark.
>>
File: 20161220_234401-01.jpg (3MB, 3894x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161220_234401-01.jpg
3MB, 3894x2988px
>rx 480
>space heater
>firehouse
>Furnace
>motherboard breaking

Just buy a fucking 1060 and actually pay your games properly stupid.
>>
>>58137221
I though EVGA 1070's & 1080's were the "housefire meme" cards for this generation.
>>
>370 euros new
here in germany the asus strix is 280€ for 8gb
>>
>>58137221
>space heater
>firehouse

I've a 290x which is an actual firehouse and I've never had issues with it. 480 is a purring kitten in comparison.

>motherboard breaking

I still don't understand how you people maintain that manual breathing. It's an impressive task. It does seem to take a heavy toll on other mental faculties though.

Zip ties motherfucker. If you're so paranoid, just fucking tie the GPU onto your case. I've always been doing that for no real reason at all. If motherboards were so easy to warp, a company like Noctua would be out of business.

>Just buy a fucking 1060

Or get a 480 for the same kind of performance and a chance for better DX12 performance. In the off chance that DX12 becomes relevant any time soon.

Also Freesync.

Also more VRAM.
>>
>>58136463
Many peple sell those cheap here in Finland after month or two of use because the drivers are complete shit and nothing works with them as it should.

I sold one older model for the same reason.
>>
>>58137221
Outdated memes, fellow anon.
>>
>>58138126
You mean that exact asus card or the whole 480 cards? The same seller has also a palit gtx 1060 6 gb jetstream for 260 euro (again 2 months used) which puts me nowhere again
>>
>>58137221
>>space heater
>>firehouse
>>Furnace
>>motherboard breaking
All false, lmao
>>
>>58138513
480 and all other recent AMD cards. Specs are good but without good drivers they all are worthless.
>>
>>58137221

Fuck that. OP, get a 1070 or a 1080. He'll, get two of either and rip through anything you can think of.
>>
>>58139815
I thought of that too man, but according to /g/ I am a filthy Pajeet who doesn't have a big budget for a 1070 or 1080 as they are 560 and 800 euros accordingly
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.