[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KDE Neon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20161222_210625.png (69KB, 668x533px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161222_210625.png
69KB, 668x533px
What does /g/ think about this meme distro? I just installed it and I like it so far. Seems very beginner friendly, reminds me a bit of Mandriva.
>>
>>58130581
It's the best way to use the best DE. GNOME faggots can fuck right off.
>>
>>58130627
It's always been a great DE, and the distro itself is nice. I feel like there's a lot of things that are more oriented towards a power-user that are left out during install (like setting the root password, for example).

Yeah, changing the root password is literally two lines in the terminal, but the fact that you can't set it from the installer makes me feel like the distro is oriented towards someone who doesn't need root (i.e. normies). Would I be wrong in thinking that?
>>
>>58130581
I like it. But personally I feel I have enough stuff with xfce.
If xfce one day changes KDE will be the first choice. Like in 3.5.10 times I thought it was the perfect desktop but in the switch to 4 became unstable and Trinity was born. It's not the same.
>>
>>58130581
Beats kubuntu in pretty much every way imo.
A lot more stable and runs nicer.
truly the best KDE distro imo
until debian gets 5.0
>>
>>58130951
Yeah, KDE 4 was unstable as fuck. Ended up just going back to Windows. I eventually went back to Fedora 24/25, then slapped KDE on it just to see what 5 was all about. I really like what they've done overall, and it certainly seems more stable.

>>58130966
Yeah, since it's based off of Ubuntu it's basically the same thing but more stable. Plus since it's "sanctioned" by the KDE project team you know that they're going to take good care of it. And Ubuntu itself has good support so that certainly helps.
>>
File: mandrake-linux-6.5.png (376KB, 400x488px) Image search: [Google]
mandrake-linux-6.5.png
376KB, 400x488px
>>58130581

Nothing will ever approach Mandriva/Mandrake for ease of use and stability. It was Ubuntu before there was an Ubuntu but because it was based on RH I was able to parlay my Mandrake experience into corporate jobs.
>>
File: Carlball.jpg (244KB, 1130x900px) Image search: [Google]
Carlball.jpg
244KB, 1130x900px
>>58130966
>>58130990
Is Neon actually better than Kubuntu or just a meme?
>>
NO idea OP.

Is it good?

I use Arch Cinnamon and openbox

does any good KDE exist on arch?
>>
>>58130710
>calls simplicity something bad
>can't use sudo su

Damn...
>>
>>58130966
>truly the best KDE distro imo
I thought the same until I started using opensuse. Definitely second best though.

>>58131508
Yes. Less prone to fucking up, and you get new KDE goodies as soon as they're available.
>>
>>58131508
Yes. It is a ton better.
I used it for a long time on my t420
>>
>>58130627
>>58130966
Rolling distros have a great KDE experience too. Important if you have recent hardware like the RX 4xx series. Arch (and Arch derivatives), Suse Tumbleweed, etc.

I can't recommend Fedora, since I have Fedora 25 on my laptop and KDE 5.7 is somehow hopelessly fucked up on it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.